Page 132 of 264 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 6599

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

21-17.

Atlanta might be 8-1 after today.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

^ Good.

Man, I hate to say it, but HoboJak and the anonymous GM were right. The Lions suck. But on the bright side, when they finish 4-12 this year and get a high round draft pick, maybe Ford or whoever will considering firing Schwartz and Scott Linehan and getting a real coach and OC. The Lions are at least five years behind the rest of the NFC North as it is.

God, I wish I lived somewhere where all the sports franchises aren't so PATHETIC, like New York or San Fran or something.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 11th November 2012 at 8:57 PM.

New York ain't so hot right now. Jets are 3-5, Giants are getting assraped by the 3-5 Bengals, and I think Buffalo is mediocre this year. The Jets are crashing and burning this year. It sucks being a Jets fan.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

I'm done. No more Lions games for me this year. In fact, I doubt they'll win more than two more games the entire year, one of them being against the Cardinals. I have better things to do than watch one of the worst teams in football.

I hope Ford takes notice and fires Schwartz and Linehan. They're both horrible and couldn't coach their way out of a paper bag. But you know what? I know he won't. Ford doesn't care about the Lions, and as long as he owns them, they'll never go anywhere.

EDIT: And that's game. Lions lose 34-24, and their season is pretty much over.

Next week, they'll get humiliated at home by the Packers.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 11th November 2012 at 10:04 PM.

31-27. 8-1

To say that I am happy would be an understatement.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

The Jets are getting owned by the Seahawks as we speak. Russell Wilson just threw a 30+ yard TD pass as I was typing this. We failed to get the first down conversion on 4th and 1. We suuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk. It's hard being a Jets fan.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    The Jets are getting owned by the Seahawks as we speak. Russell Wilson just threw a 30+ yard TD pass as I was typing this. We failed to get the first down conversion on 4th and 1. We suuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk. It's hard being a Jets fan.
    Friends in misery, I see. Hard being a Lions fan, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    31-27. 8-1

To say that I am happy would be an understatement.
    Congrats.

Bucs win, Falcons lose. Can't get much better than that for me.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Vikings won. Pretty happy about that right now.

Can't believe the Falcons lost to the Saints of all teams -___-

^ The Saints aren't that bad, and the Falcons aren't the best team in football.

Now I really want the Bears to lose. That will make me feel a little better about the Lions and their suckage. From what I've seen, most Lions fans are in agreement that their season is over, that we should start considering the draft, and that Schwartz should be fired for someone like Cowher or (more realistically) Chip Kelly or Mike Holmgren.
    It's the exact same situation with Michigan basketball awhile back . Amaker wasn't the right guy to get them over the hump, and now, under John Beilein, they're one of the best teams in the nation.

Anyway, sorry for all my complaining. Just upset that I've got nothing until the Tigers now, pretty much. Plus, I thought we'd see a repeat of last year with Detroit sports in general. The Lions and Tigers both came out of nowhere and made the playoffs. The Red Wings were still being the Red Wings, and both U-M and MSU had great basketball and football seasons. Only the Pistons sucked. But no. Turns out the stars just aligned right for one year, and it just wasn't meant to be this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    ^ The Saints aren't that bad, and the Falcons aren't the best team in football.

Now I really want the Bears to lose. That will make me feel a little better about the Lions and their suckage. From what I've seen, most Lions fans are in agreement that their season is over, that we should start considering the draft, and that Schwartz should be fired for someone like Cowher or (more realistically) Chip Kelly or Mike Holmgren.
    It's the exact same situation with Michigan basketball awhile back . Amaker wasn't the right guy to get them over the hump, and now, under John Beilein, they're one of the best teams in the nation.

Anyway, sorry for all my complaining. Just upset that I've got nothing until the Tigers now, pretty much. Plus, I thought we'd see a repeat of last year with Detroit sports in general. The Lions and Tigers both came out of nowhere and made the playoffs. The Red Wings were still being the Red Wings, and both U-M and MSU had great basketball and football seasons. Only the Pistons sucked. But no. Turns out the stars just aligned right for one year, and it just wasn't meant to be this year.
    I just hate the Saints.

I didn't watch the game so I can't say much about DET or MIN's performance.

I would love for you guys to get Cowher. I don't think Holmgren's scheme would fit very well w/ DET.

And I understand your complaining. My team won and I still am frustrated w/ some of the performances of teams today.

I did. The Vikings just looked like a far superior team in every facet of the game. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching... everything. The Vikings coaching staff is incredibly creative, I give them a lot of credit for that. Wish I could say about the Lions and their one-dimensional offense.

The only problem with Cowher is that if they get him, they'd have to fire Mayhew, too, because doesn't he usually want complete control? I don't know if I'd want that. :/ Plus, Cowher seems pretty unrealistic. Chip Kelly or Holmgren are more likely. Heck, I'd take Andy Reid over Jim Schwartz any day. For all we know, he could just need a change of scenery.

I did. The Vikings just looked like a far superior team in every facet of the game. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching... everything. The Vikings coaching staff is incredibly creative, I give them a lot of credit for that. Wish I could say about the Lions and their one-dimensional offense.

The only problem with Cowher is that if they get him, they'd have to fire Mayhew, too, because doesn't he usually want complete control? I don't know if I'd want that. :/ Plus, Cowher seems pretty unrealistic. Chip Kelly or Holmgren are more likely. Heck, I'd take Andy Reid over Jim Schwartz any day. For all we know, he could just need a change of scenery.
    Well that's good news, for me @ least ^^

I'm an Andy Reid fan. PHI's problem is they have too many 'star' players and/or players that think they are 'star' players. So nobody is being used correctly and efficiently. Not to mention their O-Line has be terrible.

Don't get me wrong, I like Holmgren and I wouldn't mind if he went there, but I don't think it would work out. I hope Jim Schwartz is gone soon. I just can't stand him.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Well that's good news, for me @ least ^^

I'm an Andy Reid fan. PHI's problem is they have too many 'star' players and/or players that think they are 'star' players. So nobody is being used correctly and efficiently. Not to mention their O-Line has be terrible.

Don't get me wrong, I like Holmgren and I wouldn't mind if he went there, but I don't think it would work out. I hope Jim Schwartz is gone soon. I just can't stand him.
    Uh-oh, the Lions have that same problem, though. "Star" players like Suh and Cliff Avril who really aren't that good. The Lions have a pretty awful O-Line, too. So I guess Reid wouldn't be a good choice, either. :/

I don't hate Schwartz, but I just don't think he's the right guy to get the Lions over the hump. See: the UM basketball example I posted.

Uh-oh, the Lions have that same problem, though. "Star" players like Suh and Cliff Avril who really aren't that good. The Lions have a pretty awful O-Line, too. So I guess Reid wouldn't be a good choice, either. :/

I don't hate Schwartz, but I just don't think he's the right guy to get the Lions over the hump. See: the UM basketball example I posted.
    Suh is good enough and has the talent to be a star DT, he just needs a severe kick in the a**. Again, another reason they need a new coach.

One of the reasons I don't think Schwartz is because that reason. I just don't think he can do it. Maybe they can test putting him back @ D Coord, but I don't know much about their D coaching atm. I just know they need a coach that can utilize the talent they have.

Yeah, maybe not Suh, but the Lions do have a lot of guys who think they're superstars. Cliff Avril, most notably. Hopefully, they'll find a way to trade him in the offseason.

Gunther Cunningham is fine. He doesn't need to go.

My Bucs are 5-4 after their 4th win in a row. I'm happy.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

The Jets are playing even worse than the Seahawks right now. This is horrendous! What the hell happened to the Jets!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

Yeah, maybe not Suh, but the Lions do have a lot of guys who think they're superstars. Cliff Avril, most notably. Hopefully, they'll find a way to trade him in the offseason.

Gunther Cunningham is fine. He doesn't need to go.
    A side note: I was stoked when you guys got Fairley. I thought that was a great pick.

I don't think anyone will want Avril. I'm not a fan of him personally so that could be a bias point of view.

If Tebow was getting more playing time the Jets wouldn't be in this situation IMO. I've always hated Mark Sanchez. I hated him when he was at USC (this being natural as I am a Notre Dame fan).

I was hoping for a better performance from Newton today against Peyton's Broncos, hoping that he would continue to suffer at the hands of God from shunning the Browns and displacing Tebow. Maybe Cam was a one-season wonder. His only good year came at Auburn 2 years ago and now Auburn has fallen apart, with Chizlik not likely to make it to the Alabama game this year.

If Peyton was on the Browns they wouldn't be 2-7 let alone in last place, they'd probably be in first or closely behind in second. Again he's too chicken to play in the same division as Big Ben.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    If Tebow was getting more playing time the Jets wouldn't be in this situation IMO. I've always hated Mark Sanchez. I hated him when he was at USC (this being natural as I am a Notre Dame fan).

I was hoping for a better performance from Newton today against Peyton's Broncos, hoping that he would continue to suffer at the hands of God from shunning the Browns and displacing Tebow. Maybe Cam was a one-season wonder. His only good year came at Auburn 2 years ago and now Auburn has fallen apart, with Chizlik not likely to make it to the Alabama game this year.

If Peyton was on the Browns they wouldn't be 2-7 let alone in last place, they'd probably be in first or closely behind in second. Again he's too chicken to play in the same division as Big Ben.
    was just about to post this. Sanchez is mucking up games pretty badly.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post

I think the problem is that A: Tebow isn't given enough plays to show what he can actually do. B: Sanchez crumbles under pressure and is overreliant on Keller, and C: Sparano can't do his job right. It doesn't help that we lost 2 good players in Revis and Holmes.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

broncos: playoffs or no?
    Gotta love Honey Senpai

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    I think the problem is that A: Tebow isn't given enough plays to show what he can actually do. B: Sanchez crumbles under pressure and is overreliant on Keller, and C: Sparano can't do his job right. It doesn't help that we lost 2 good players in Revis and Holmes.
    Something that Tebow doesn't do. He may not be a very good passer, but he isn't as bad as people make him out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    A side note: I was stoked when you guys got Fairley. I thought that was a great pick.

I don't think anyone will want Avril. I'm not a fan of him personally so that could be a bias point of view.
    I don't think Fairley is that great, but whatever.

Someone will take him.

Okay, Lions fans are angering me now. Now, they're on the "Ford should sell the team or the Lions will never win a Super Bowl bandwagon." Call me delusional, but I absolutely refuse to believe that.

Page 132 of 264 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast