Page 135 of 260 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 6483

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Nah. I got into sports in general about a year or two ago, because I was going through a stressful, depressing time, and watching the Red Wings and Tigers was an escape for me, whether they won or lost. I seriously wish I could go back to feeling that way. xD

Obviously, I'm for the Lions and U-M, but I will watch MSU, too. I'm not one of those diehard U-M fans that hates MSU, though I don't particularly like them, either.
    And I'm considering supporting an AFC team, too, because the Lions are one of the most frustrating teams to watch in the NFL. Just wait until the Thanksgiving game, when they get spanked by the Texans. You'll see what I have to put up with every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Look into the NFL's History
    The Steelers have been a far more successful team than the Packers and the Patriots.
    They have a more widely distributed fanbase than either of those franchises because of that success. Really outside of the '00's, the Patriots have had like, 5 good years (2 superbowl bids and in those they got whoooommmmmpppppped by the Bears in '85 and by the Packers ((hehe coincidentally)) sometime in the late '90s)
    It really goes by who's been winning recently but there's always two teams that they follow constantly and that's the Cowboys and Steelers.
    Except not only are the Packers the most successful franchise in NFL history (14 championships 4 superbowls) they are the most popular too.

articles.latimes.com/2011/dec/23/sports/la-sp-1224-nfl-saturday-20111224

They beat both the Boys and the steelers by a wide margin. All of middle america loves them Wisconsin Nebraska Iowa Indiana Kentucky. They also have the most widespread fanbase. The packers are the most popular time by a LONG shot.

Steelers remain the luckiest team (and the most favored by the officials) in history. But who cares? They've struggled against Oakland, Tennessee, and KC. That proves to me that when they do make the playoffs in a weak AFC, they'll get steamrolled by a better team.

Meanwhile, Seattle beat the Jets pretty handily, and are at Miami next week. Seattle AT anybody is scary, Miami really pooped the bed against Tennessee, so we might be able to eke that out (then again, we lost to Arizona, St. Louis, and Detroit on the road, so I shouldn't feel confident against ANYONE).
    Last edited by Sid87; 13th November 2012 at 4:46 PM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

I seriously don't know how the Steelers pulled that off. I blame Matt Cassel. He's an awful QB.

I don't know if I'd call them the luckiest team...Big Ben is good enough to lead them to where they need to be especially in clutch situations.

SEA will kill MIA. MIA's D has been terrible

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Where has GiantsFan been lately? He couldn't shut up while the Giants were winning.

Oh. Banned. LOL.
    I was wondering that too. I figured it was just the Giants play recently, but I can't say I'm surprised he's banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Either that or the "Flex Rule" comes into play where they change the time of the game so that something more interesting one can be shown.
    Can a Monday night game be 'flexed'? I assumed it could, but they didn't move the Chiefs-Steelers game, so I'm wondering (even though that somehow turned out to be a good game).
    Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    It's gonna be the same tonight. The Steelers are so confident they will win, but they will underestimate the Chiefs.
    That was the only way I gave them a chance. Like when they played the Saints, surely they'd have no chance of winning, then somehow made it a good game.
    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I seriously don't know how the Steelers pulled that off. I blame Matt Cassel. He's an awful QB.
    I thought it seemed only appropriate for the game to (basically) end on a turnover. And I'm not completely against Cassel- I'd say he's just average. I'm sure the coaching situation while he's been here hasn't helped anything.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Posting predictions, minus the Lions-Packers. I'm calling it here and now: the Lions will lose ALL of their remaining games (yes, including the Cardinals) to finish 4-12. Maybe this is more something I want, so they can get someone like Manti Te'o and fire Jim Schwartz, but whatever. That's my prediction, and I'm sticking with it:

Spoiler:- week11predictions:

I don't think Monday Night games can be flexed. By that point, I think all other scheduled games will have been played, so no one else can be moved to that slot.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Other than 49ers over Bears my picks are exactly the same as yours, Latias.

Even the Colts beating the Pats and the Lions losing all of their remaining games, including the Cards? xD

Colin Kaepernick is the only reason I'd give the 49ers the edge in that game...but I'm not. The 49ers disappointed me greatly this season.

But I'm not particularly impressed with the Bears offense, and I think SF has an overall better defense than the Bears. Plus, it's a home game. I see SF winning easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    But I'm not particularly impressed with the Bears offense, and I think SF has an overall better defense than the Bears. Plus, it's a home game. I see SF winning easily.
    SF's D is definitely not better than the Bears D. That's the biggest disappointment for me this season, esp. since they brought back pretty much their whole "championship" D from last year. I was never really impressed w/ SF's offense to begin w/. Now, SF's D vs. CHI's offense, that's the match-up I think you're looking for in terms of mismatch.

SF has the #1 ranked rushing in the NFL FWIW.

Pretty much what I was thinking, SF's D vs. CHI's O.

But I don't know. Maybe I'm just an ignorant and bitter Lions fan that doesn't want to acknowledge the Bears are elite.

SF has the #1 ranked rushing in the NFL FWIW.

Pretty much what I was thinking, SF's D vs. CHI's O.

But I don't know. Maybe I'm just an ignorant and bitter Lions fan that doesn't want to acknowledge the Bears are elite.
    The only think elite about the bears is their D. The funny part is they run a 4-3 w/ basic components but they do it darn good.

Their offense is far from elite. It may be hyped, but it's not elite. Their TE position makes me want to cry
    Last edited by sAv1Or); 14th November 2012 at 10:21 PM.

Da Bears D is nearing the point it breaks records, to say SF D > Beas D is silly. I'll say the Bears O is average, it isn't anywhere near elite due to our crappy O-Line, useleess TE's, and an Offensive Coordinator who has absolutely no idea what he's doing(I.e his "brilliant" one-reciever routes that make it really hard for our opponent to tell who we're gonna throw it to -.-)
    But yes, funny how extremely simple the D is.

EDIT: There goes any respect I had for the Texans
    "But it was good that he was out, though. I mean you always want to take the quarterback out of the game."
    Why wasn't this guy suspended? -.-
    Last edited by HoboJak; 15th November 2012 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    I'll say the Bears O is average, it isn't anywhere near elite due to our crappy O-Line, useleess TE's, and an Offensive Coordinator who has absolutely no idea what he's doing(I.e his "brilliant" one-reciever routes that make it really hard for our opponent to tell who we're gonna throw it to -.-)
    Well it would help to have a good TE to give another option. That's really the only way that it's effective.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    Da Bears D is nearing the point it breaks records, to say SF D > Beas D is silly. I'll say the Bears O is average, it isn't anywhere near elite due to our crappy O-Line, useleess TE's, and an Offensive Coordinator who has absolutely no idea what he's doing(I.e his "brilliant" one-reciever routes that make it really hard for our opponent to tell who we're gonna throw it to -.-)
    But yes, funny how extremely simple the D is.

EDIT: There goes any respect I had for the Texans

Why wasn't this guy suspended? -.-
    How is the Bears defense better than the '49ers's defense? According to the numbers, the '49ers defense is better in both yards allowed per game, as well as points allowed per game. Am I missing something?
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

And the Bears have had a FAR easier schedule than the Niners, so that's not the reason.

San Fran gives up .7 points less per game, give up 15 yds less per game(Note, CHI has sent their backups to give up plenty of yds & points at the end of games alot this year)
    DA BEARS have forced more than twice as many turnovers (SF 13 DA BEARS 30) have 9 more sacks (26 > 17) and have 6 more TD's (7 >1)
    And finally, I hope SF runs at us alot. It won't get them very far.

So I stand by what I said. DA BEARS D > SF D
    And let me look over their "much harder" schedule...     Spoiler:

Nothing there screams much harder to me.
    Last edited by HoboJak; 15th November 2012 at 5:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    I don't think Monday Night games can be flexed. By that point, I think all other scheduled games will have been played, so no one else can be moved to that slot.
    Well, they could decide on doing it on the preceding tuesday or wednesday. However, I found something on wikipedia (believe it if you want) saying,

"Thanksgiving games and all games airing on cable channels (Monday, Thursday, and Saturday games) are fixed in place and cannot be changed, as are games during Christmas weekend whenever Christmas Day falls on a Sunday...".

So I guess they're stuck.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

So what's everyone's opinion on football every Thursday night? I'll be honest: I hate it.

It's awful for fantasy football reasons. Not only because a FF player has to be aware of players on his team that play on Thursday night, but because it locks the free agency list every Thursday evening before all the injuries are known about for the week.

I really hate prime time games on weeknights. Sunday and Monday are bad enough... now you want me to stay up and be tired a THIRD worknight of the week?

I don't like the NFL being an exclusive network. ESPN is, at least, basic cable, so most people who want ESPN aren't getting a cable package JUST for it. The NFL Network is a stupid extraneous channel that nearly everyone has to buy a whole package of channels from their cable company just to get. It's the NFL working hand-in-hand with cable and dish companies to screw consumers and line their pockets.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

I don't mind Thursday Night games. I enjoy another day option to watch football instead of having to cram it all in on Sunday and then 1 Monday game.

Indifferent. I don't watch prime time games, because I don't care 90% of the time.

I'm not impressed with either offense to be honest. The Bears haven't produced stellar offensive numbers this year, but I do think the Niner's have an edge in the running game and the offense in general.
    Its really going to be dependent on on how the Bears offense performs. They have to get momentum going for them early.
    I expect a low scoring game though.
    oopsie

Jeffery will be back, that will give Jay more than 1 or 2 people to throw to. (Assuming he plays, if not, it'll give Jason more people to throw to.) Forte and Bush are both great backs, Tice just needs to give them more oppurtunities at good times. I think if the O-Line plays like they did last week our O will have the edge. If they play like they did the rest of the season, we'd better hope our D scores alot.

Page 135 of 260 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast