Page 136 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 6194

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

I don't like the matchups at all on Thursday nights. They're always so bad.
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I don't like the matchups at all on Thursday nights. They're always so bad.
    Tonight's was a pretty good match-up actually. BUF and MIA are 2 pretty evenly matched teams.

Well, UNC can't become bowl-eligible (which doesn't really matter to them because they are a basketball-first school) but they have prevented Virginia from doing so. Other than Clemson and FSU the ACC is pretty weak this year. Can't see both of them getting into the BCS though.

After watching this season, maybe ND might have to give joining the ACC for non-football sports a second thought.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Tonight's was a pretty good match-up actually. BUF and MIA are 2 pretty evenly matched teams.

Well yeah 2 bad teams is usually a good game.

Well yeah 2 bad teams is usually a good game.
    If you want to look @ it that way then I guess. Could be worse. It could be Jets vs. Jaguars

I'd rather watch two crappy teams in a close game than like Bills @ Packers or something.

Banana Octodad points:
        Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    I'd rather watch two crappy teams in a close game than like Bills @ Packers or something.
    Bills and Packers would be a good game actually. Even though the Bills would probably kill the Packers. I think there's better examples ^^

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Bills and Packers would be a good game actually. Even though the Bills would probably kill the Packers. I think there's better examples ^^
    The Packers will kill the Lions on Sunday. The Bills wouldn't be any different.

I don't think they will kill them. Quite honestly I don't know how GB wins when they do. And that isn't just a bias statement. They are like the Steelers except GB doesn't have a Defense.

I do think GB will win that game but it will be a field goal winning game.

Nah, the Packers will be unlucky to score less than 40, and the Lions will be lucky to score more than 20. It'll be an easy blowout for the Packers.

Kind of hoping the blowout does happen, tbh. The Lions need a big slap in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Nah, the Packers will be unlucky to score less than 40, and the Lions will be lucky to score more than 20. It'll be an easy blowout for the Packers.

Kind of hoping the blowout does happen, tbh. The Lions need a big slap in the face.
    Someone is being negative about their team ^^

I've felt the same way about my Viqueens many times. But when they win games like this that you think they are going to lose, it makes you feel a little bit more proud. It's a bond you have to build. I'm cursed to not watching any Vikings games this season because every loss this season came when I watched the game and all their wins when I didn't. You should try finding yourself a superstitious ritual (even if you don't believe in the stuff). It makes winning and losing more fun for you and gives you another way to connect w/ your team.

It's just like what I said earlier. I support the Lions, because I support the city of Detroit and think having good sports teams is good for the city, because it gets more people to come. Last year was awesome. The Red Wings were still the Red Wings, and the Lions and Tigers came out of nowhere and made the playoffs. I expected this year to be a repeat of 2011. But no. The Tigers were a major disappointment for most of the year, because with the exceptions of Miggy, Prince, Austin Jackson, and the starting pitching, pretty much everyone regressed, and they had Victor Martinez out for the year. Yes, they ultimately rebounded and made the World Series... but they got crushed when they got there, and their comeback was mostly due to the Chicago White Sox choking during the last couple weeks or so. There will be no hockey this year due to the lockout. And the Lions have been one of, if not the most disappointing team in the NFL this season. I mean, I know they were lucky last year and had a much easier schedule, and I expected some regression. But I expected an 8-8, 9-7, barely missing the playoffs type of regression, not a probable 4-12, 5-11 regression where their season is pretty much over a little after the halfway point. Good teams don't regress that much after one year.

I know the Lions aren't mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and they could still make it. But then again, the world could end tomorrow, too. I could become the first female President of the United States. The odds of it happening are equally astronomically low, just like the odds of them winning the Super Bowl as long as Ford owns the team.

But then again, I'm a new fan. Maybe I'm overreacting. Also, I don't believe in superstition (Madden Curse, etc.).

I'd just like to take this moment to say "Go Lions!". If the Bears lose to SF and the Packers win they have the lead in the division. -.-
    So with any luck Stafford lights up the Pack's weak defense and Suh beats the crap out of Rodgers all day long! And then in DA BEARS game JC 2.0 doesn't check down so much, and our D does what it does best!

Banana Octodad points:
        Spoiler:

UM destroys Iowa with a final score around what I expect the Lions-Packers game to end up around. No surprise there. Not that it matters. Even if UM somehow beats OSU next week, Nebraska isn't going to lose to Minnesota or Iowa. They've pretty much already won the division.

I really wanted to see Iowa play Iowa State in a bowl game and now that will have to wait at least another year. I don't think Ferentz will be coaching the Nebraska game.

Notre Dame is off to a good start. We need to win our last 2 as well as Oregon lose to Stanford tonight and it will be ND VS. KSU in the national title game if KSU wins out.
    -----

Pretty excited for Stanford vs. Oregon tonight. Oregon is going to win but it should be a good game

Well looks like Notre Dame is going to be #1 in the polls and the BCS Standings now. They got the help they needed from both Baylor and Stanford. But I won't get to have my ND/KSU title game now.
    -----

Oh, fun. Will it be ND-Bama or something? I don't know, and frankly, I don't care.

Upset about that Oregon loss. But the beauty of college ball is that you don't have to stick to one team. ND has played well and has earned that spot @ #1. I'm hoping for some good Bowl games.

Well, how bout that huh. And here I was being happy the SEC WON'T be in the championship game

The BCS can't die any sooner.

I chase the dream, not the competition.

I'm gonna lol if this happens:

USC beats ND, Alabama wins SEC championship game, Florida beats FSU, Oregon loses to Oregon St., KSU loses to Texas, South Carolina beats Clemson, and it doesn't matter what Rutgers and Louisville do because nobody cares about the Big East.

Then we get Alabama vs. Florida for the BCS championship game. At least it wouldn't be a rematch, right?

I'm gonna lol if this happens:

USC beats ND, Alabama wins SEC championship game, Florida beats FSU, Oregon loses to Oregon St., KSU loses to Texas, South Carolina beats Clemson, and it doesn't matter what Rutgers and Louisville do because nobody cares about the Big East.

Then we get Alabama vs. Florida for the BCS championship game. At least it wouldn't be a rematch, right?
    As a Florida fan, I'm not sure if want. I mean...it'd be LSU-Bama part 2.

Wait, wait, wait, stop the presses.

The Lions are winning against the Pack? It's not like 30-0 Pack, like I expected it to be?

Also, the Jags, of all teams, are beating Houston?

What crazy world did I wake up in?

After last week I decided I wasn't watching anymore Eagles games this season, not good for my sanity at all. Out of curiosity, I decided to look on NFL.com just to see how they were doing against the Redskins, and I see we got blown out 31-6. I want to believe Philadelphia just realized that their season was done and are already looking ahead to the Draft.

At least the Eagles realize that. The Lions don't, and I guess they played the Pack competitively. I actually thought they might pull out this victory.

But no. Wonder Boy Aaron Rodgers came back and beat them in the last five minutes or so. Now, the Lions have to be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Welp. 5-11 record, top 5 draft pick, and Bill Cowher/Chip Kelly/my mom/whoever replacing Jim Schwartz as head coach, here we come. Maybe that's for the best, though. The Lions are a garbage team that got lucky last year and will never go anywhere until Ford sells the team to someone who actually would care about them.

I don't want to watch any more games, but I'm going to have to next week, due to Thanksgiving and Lions football being tradition here. Going to have fun watching the Texans blow them out.

Page 136 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast