Page 143 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 6570

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

So, right now, who would you chose to win the yearly awards?
    MVP: Peyton Manning: Leads the league in QBR. 2nd highest passer rating. 4th highest average passing yards per attempt. 2nd highest completion percentage (highest among starting QBs). 29 TDs, 9 INTs. Has been the final piece in turning the Broncos into a Super Bowl contender.

Top Offensive Player: Adrian Peterson: Most rushing yards in the league, has the highest yards per carry of RBs with over 200 carries, most carries of 20+ yards, a solid 8 TDs, 3rd most rushing first downs, most yards per game. He does it all. He's a great player. A real powerhouse on offense.

Top Defensive Player: JJ Watt: Almost definitely JJ Watt. He has 15.5 sacks, 59 combined tackles, has swatted down a ton of passes, and just disrupts offenses.

OROY: Robert Griffin III: He's a dynamic, amazing player. Has the highest passer rating for a rookie QB in history (so far). Set the record for most rushing yards by a rookie QB. A completion percentage of over 67%. 17 TDS to only 4 INTs, plus an additional 6 rushing TDs. Has given the Redskins a shot at the playoffs. Andrew Luck, Russel Wilson, and Doug Martin are good, but this is RG3's award to lose.

DROY: Casey Hayward: A good CB with 5 picks (tied for 2nd most in the NFL), 16 passes defended (tied for 3rd most), 41 combined tackles, and one forced fumble. He;s good in coverage, can make big plays, and is probably the best pick for DROY.

Comeback Player of the Year: Adrian Peterson: To accomplish everything he has after coming back from an ACL injury has to make him the Comeback Player of the Year.

Coach of the Year: Chuck Pagano: Chuckstrong! He has inspired the Colts by his soul, and has been a good mentor for Andrew Luck.

MVP: Peyton Manning (sorry Brady but Peyton showed how good he was last season by not playing, and then this season by playing)

OPOY: Adrian Peterson. It's insane what he's doing after that ACL injury last season

DPOY: Von Miller. An interception, 5 forced fumbles, a touchdown, and 15.5 sacks.

Comeback POTY: See: OPOY

Coach of the Year: Sorry Chuck, I'm giving it to Gary Kubiak.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    MVP: Peyton Manning (sorry Brady but Peyton showed how good he was last season by not playing, and then this season by playing)

OPOY: Adrian Peterson. It's insane what he's doing after that ACL injury last season

DPOY: Von Miller. An interception, 5 forced fumbles, a touchdown, and 15.5 sacks.

Comeback POTY: See: OPOY

Coach of the Year: Sorry Chuck, I'm giving it to Gary Kubiak.
    I agree with you about P. Manning and AP. 2 of my favorites

-----

These are my picks for this week:
    Broncos
    Bills
    Bengals
    Browns
    Colts
    Vikings
    Steelers
    Buccaneers
    Redskins
    Falcons
    Jets
    49ers
    Giants
    Seahawks
    Lions
    Patriots

Well, Ryan's starting Sanchez against Jacksonville. Even though the past 4 games have shown how Sanchez's talent as a QB are now almost nonexistent and that Mcelroy looks like the player who could improve their record and the fanbase's view of Ryan.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    Well, Ryan's starting Sanchez against Jacksonville. Even though the past 4 games have shown how Sanchez's talent as a QB are now almost nonexistent and that Mcelroy looks like the player who could improve their record and the fanbase's view of Ryan.
    Neither are any good imo. I would probably go with a box over Sanchez though.

I don't know what Rex Ryan's deal is. I like him as a coach but he's just being thick headed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    Coach a top tier B1G team and continue to compete with OSU year in and year out.

Go to SEC and get stomped by A&M, 'Bama, LSU, and Florida.

From the state of Wisconsin I'd like to extend a big F*ck you to Brett Bielma, and pray that Andy Reid comes here to coach.
    I don't blame him. Brett wanted out of that weak conference (don't fool yourself, the big 10 is a joke) In the SEC he will get better recruits, and a better chance to play for a title because of the sec's rep

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Never thought I'd say it but, go Raiders....

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post

Texas is leading K-State and is looking to get into the Cotton Bowl in which they could play their rivals, Texas A&M
    You see the common misconception is this: when Texas played a&m in football, they beat the utter crap out of them. The overall record was 77-33-5 in Texas's favor (around those numbers but not entirely sure). It wasn't very often that a&m was good enough to even challenge Texas most of the time. So if anything, it was more of a rivalry to A&M fans and their university. The Longhorns have always been more heated rivals with the Sooners.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    You see the common misconception is this: when Texas played a&m in football, they beat the utter crap out of them. The overall record was 77-33-5 in Texas's favor (around those numbers but not entirely sure). It wasn't very often that a&m was good enough to even challenge Texas most of the time. So if anything, it was more of a rivalry to A&M fans and their university. The Longhorns have always been more heated rivals with the Sooners.
    I think A&M is going to beat the every loving crap out of the longhorns this year

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    I think A&M is going to beat the every loving crap out of the longhorns this year
    They're not playing in the Cotton Bowl this year, maybe next year.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

A&M supposedly had an issue with playing in the Cotton Bowl this year. If they were having to play Texas, they wouldn't have played.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    Never thought I'd say it but, go Raiders....
    Why would you ever want that? lol

To think OAK could stop Peyton Manning...that's silly talk.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Why would you ever want that? lol

To think OAK could stop Peyton Manning...that's silly talk.
    Don't like the Broncos. Knew they were going to screw up badly and lose, but was really hoping they didn't. The Raiders crushed my dreams :'(

Just heard something interesting on ESPN. Arian Foster (sp?) of the Texans did this thing were he took 12 kids to Toys 'R Us, gave them 90 seconds each and let them get whatever they wanted. The total bill was over $19000- that's pretty cool of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Yeah...this has been a weird year. Mainly because all year I really haven't seen a team at #1 that deserved to be up there. Alabama's probably still the best, but ,honestly, the SEC isn't all that strong as a whole this year like in previous years.

But still...Bama better beat ND. Don't be the team to break the streak Bama!
    I don't know. I think the SEC's still pretty strong, they just sort of cannibalized each other this year. Although I tend to agree that there hasn't been a clear #1 among them this year.

And I'm torn as to who to route for. I don't want ND to win, but I'm sick of seeing the SEC win. Actually scratch that, I just don't like Alabama and don't want them to win because of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    The Jets completely screwed up getting Tebow. I think that got in Sanchez's head and messed him up for this season and maybe the rest of his career. I feel bad for him, but I don't like the Jets, so I'm enjoying watching them flounder.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

That makes Arian Foster the man. Too bad you don't hear more stories like that.

I'm all for Denver this year. Really, I'm all for Denver, New England, and Houston since any one of them will embarrass the hell out of Pittsburgh in the playoffs. That's all that really matters in the AFC to me.

In the NFC, Seattle is sitting pretty. They currently own all tiebreakers against every team within a game of them for the wildcard except the Redskins/Giants (head-to-head wins over Chicago, Minnesota, and Dallas; better conference record than Tampa). The Redskins have a half-game better conference record (6-4 to 5-4), and the Giants are a full game better (6-3 to 5-4). With a remaining schedule of vs ARI; at BUF, vs. SF, and vs STL, Seattle would really have to poop the bed to miss the playoffs (though Dallas winning the NFC East and pushing BOTH the Giants and Redskins into the wildcard scene could hurt)

Speaking of which...what are everyone's current playoff predictions?

AFC

1) Houston
    2) Denver
    3) New England
    4) Baltimore
    5) Pittsburgh
    6) Indy

NE over Indy
    Pitt over Balt
    -
    Denver over NE
    Houston over Pitt
    -
    Denver over Houston

NFC
    1) Atlanta
    2) Green Bay
    3) SF
    4) Washington
    5) New York
    6) Seattle

NY over Wash
    Sea over SF
    -
    Sea over Atl
    GB over NY
    -
    GB over Sea
    -
    Denver over GB in Superbowl
    Last edited by Sid87; 8th December 2012 at 4:58 PM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Speaking of which...what are everyone's current playoff predictions?l
    I have New England vs. Atlanta in the Superbowl

if they were
    They aren't going to play because-
    Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    A&M supposedly had an issue with playing in the Cotton Bowl this year. If they were having to play Texas, they wouldn't have played.
    -yeah a&m doesn't want to play them
    There will never be another Texas-Texas A&M Football game until they join back in the same conference again. Its just not going to happen. The Longhorns have no business playing them, neither do the Aggies.

Well many fans want the series to continue, and if it has to be in bowl games for now, so be it. They could even pressure the state of Texas to require that the schools play each other. There's a similar requirement in South Carolina wherein Clemson and South Carolina have to schedule each other every year in most sports offered by both schools. So if it gets to that there's no avoiding each other.

And I could've sworn it was Texas who did not want to schedule the Aggies either.
    -----

Johnny Football winning dat Heisman.

He earned it after being Alabama. Once that flag for offsides was thrown it was over. At the time I was glad because it had the potential to knock Alabama out of the national title race and helping my team, Notre Dame, get in. Before K-State lost to Baylor I had them as ND's opponent in the title game.
    -----

I had Oregon and KSU in the title game before K-State and Oregon both lost on the same night.

But hey they're in the Fiesta Bowl, right? Imagine the score of that game. I can see it being a basketball score game.

He earned it after being Alabama. Once that flag for offsides was thrown it was over. At the time I was glad because it had the potential to knock Alabama out of the national title race and helping my team, Notre Dame, get in. Before K-State lost to Baylor I had them as ND's opponent in the title game.
    You are going to wish K-state was their opponent once Alabama gets done with the Irish.

I despise everything about Notre Dame; the arrogance, the entitlement, the refusal to join a conference....I could go on. Down with the Irish. kill em bama

PS: why is Notre Dame your team?
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 9th December 2012 at 8:00 AM.

You are going to wish K-state was their opponent once Alabama gets done with the Irish
    Alabama has been slacking lately. I don't have much confidence that they'll win

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Speaking of which...what are everyone's current playoff predictions?
    AFC

1) Houston
    2) Denver
    3) New England
    4) Baltimore
    5) Indy
    6) Cincy

NFC
    1) Atlanta
    2) SF
    3) CHI
    4) NYG
    5) GB
    6) Seattle

HOU vs SF in the SB. Not going to predict each round as I'm too lazy. Chicago and GB will be decided on one game, but one will take a WC spot.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Alabama has been slacking lately. I don't have much confidence that they'll win
    Their only loss was to the Heisman winner. Notre Dame hasn't played any team close to bama this year. The only one that maybe could hold a candle to bama is stanford, and if not for incompetent refs missing a TD call TWICE that game goes into overtime. Plus there is the experience factor and Saban having over a month to prepare. By the end of the game the green midgets are going to be begging for mercy.

Page 143 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast