Page 155 of 264 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

  1. #3851
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mikasa (Ha get it? :3)
    Posts
    262

    Default

    I'd prefer to watch the 2 best teams, rather than 2 teams that got there because the other teams are too good. But maybe that's just me... Also if that rule came into effect, either all confrence-less teams would have to be forced into a confrence or banned from the National Championship. Makes no sense for other teams to be shut out because a different team in their confrence did well the previous year when Notre Dame can only be left out if THEY won the year before.

  2. #3852
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Uh...sick of Alabama, sick of Notre Dame, so tonight was a loss for me either way.

    As far as the SEC, yeah, I'd like to see someone else win, but I really want to see the 2 teams that really deserved it to get in the game, and if the SEC gets in and wins, I'm ok with that.

    At least next year we'll get the mini-playoff (that starts next year, right?), so we're less likely to get a clunker of a championship game.

    Also, what was up with McCaron's (sp?, the Alabama QB) girlfriend? On ESPN they pointed out that she was a big deal beforehand, but I didn't see why.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

    Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

    Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

    Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

  3. #3853
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Empire State of the South.
    Posts
    437

    Default

    She was a big deal because she was Ms. Alabama. Although, with how things are in Alabama, she very well could be his cousin.

    But, if you want to watch the two best teams in the country go at it, go back and watch the SEC championship game. There's no denying that now. The national title should have been Georgia VS Alabama. Too bad the refs screwed us with the hit on Murray and the missed pass interference calls, but I'm not going to bother reliving that anymore.

  4. #3854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    But, if you want to watch the two best teams in the country go at it, go back and watch the SEC championship game. There's no denying that now. The national title should have been Georgia VS Alabama. Too bad the refs screwed us with the hit on Murray and the missed pass interference calls, but I'm not going to bother reliving that anymore.
    Pretty much this. But it gets worse.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...html?mobile=no

    Apparently, the coaches poll still wants to rank Notre Dame over Georgia! And Oregon too, that kinda gets to me. Georgia's only in-season loss was against a #6 SC, while Oregon's was against a #13 Stanford. Georgia actually played in their division championship, Oregon didn't. Georgia should honestly be #2 on that list (maybe #1 if it weren't for some of those stupid calls in the SEC Championship, but I digress).

  5. #3855
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melior, Crimea
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Notre Dame was lucky to even be in the national championship. These ideas to kick the SEC off the championship game are stupid as hell. All these teams that go undefeated during the regular season and then lose to an SEC team should try to get better instead of going home crying.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

  6. #3856
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    At my house
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    and how would this be a fair rule if an SEC team earned it?

    Seriously, keep the sec hate coming, its funny. Beat them on the field, or shut up
    Its sad because the only two schools that had the recruiting power to compete with Alabama both lost, ND and Texas shat the bed in the NCG (although Texas might've...you all know the story).

    Do you know the real reason people HATE the SEC? It's not because their good, contrary to popular belief it's why they're good.

    Alabama, LSU, Flordia and Georgia have lower academic standards than Jefferson Elementary in Poughkeepsie Kansas so they can recruit every bible reading 300 pound corn fed idiot to be on their O-Line. Don't get me wrong there are really intelligent kids in the SEC (that Alabama Center, and Mcelroy), but as a whole they're 2-3 grade levels below B1G and PAC-12 schools.

    How's a nationally ranked University like Stanford, or Wisconsin, or Texas supposed to keep up with Alabama and LSU? They have to actually worry about people not being academically prepared for college, whereas LSU and Alabama have the low standard of being half-way literate.

    Texas copes by treating it's players differently (Vince Young being legally retarded and allowed to enter a University with a 23% acceptance rating? Sketchy), but there are programs with integrity that wouldn't stoop SO low.

    In the last 5 years there have been a total of 3 teams that could have been competitive with the SEC TCU, and Wisconsin the year they played in the Rose Bowl, and Oregon the year they lost to Auburn. Oregon WAS competitive, Wisconsin and TCU never got the chance. It's sad that all of College Football was only able to produce 3 schools, but its the way it was.

    It's likely the SEC will be dominant for years to come, few schools will topple them every now and then, but until NCAA forces them to maintain some level of academic integrity it won't change.

    TL;DR- The SEC is amazing because of low academic standards, this is unlikely to change.

  7. #3857
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    What is the sign that your haters truly have no material left? Academic smack.

    Stop fooling yourself, most people don't hate the SEC because of their academics. They hate them because they can't beat them. Where was all the academic trash talk back before Florida started the streak in 06? Thats right, it wasn't there. Because teams could beat the SEC

    7 years and counting. Keep the hate coming, its quite amusing

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  8. #3858
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    ^ You say this, yet you hate the New York Yankees because they spend way more money than everyone else in the MLB. I don't see how hating the SEC because they lower academic standards is any different. In both cases, the Yankees and the SEC are doing something different from everyone else that is, perhaps, seen as an unfair advantage.

    In reality, it's more than likely a combination of the two. People always hate whoever is the best at something, because "it's them and not us," but usually there's a reason "the best" are "the best," and it's not always considered 100% fair.

    At least, that's how I see things, as a neutral observer.

  9. #3859
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    939

    Default

    I don't get how Alabama got into the title game over K State or Oregon or any other one-loss team. Not saying 'Bama didn't deserve it--they clearly did--but this is why I don't take college football seriously. Why am I supposed to just buy that Bama is the #1 team when they have the same record as a few other teams and never beat them out in any kind of tournament?


    Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

    FC: 3823-9867-2750

  10. #3860
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    This song is for all the Bama and SEC fans out there:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARgIC0L9dDc

    With that out of the way we can finally turn our attention to the NFL playoffs. My Packers have a huge grudge match with the 49ers on Saturday. Aaron Rodgers is familiar with the Bay Area too, he played college football at Cal. A number of 49ers fans wanted their team to draft him back in 2005 but they passed on him.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  11. #3861
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Texans beat the Bengals, I pray to Arceus that they don't get slaughtered by the Patriots like they did in the regular season.

  12. #3862
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melior, Crimea
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I don't get how Alabama got into the title game over K State or Oregon or any other one-loss team. Not saying 'Bama didn't deserve it--they clearly did--but this is why I don't take college football seriously. Why am I supposed to just buy that Bama is the #1 team when they have the same record as a few other teams and never beat them out in any kind of tournament?
    For Kansas State it's pretty simple. They lost to an unranked team. While Oregon was closer, they never beat a top 10 ranked team, while Alabama beat 3 of those. Though I agree a tournament style playoff would be better, they were the most deserving team.

    Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    This song is for all the Bama and SEC fans out there:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARgIC0L9dDc
    Uh huh, Alabama was so lucky that Notre Dame sat on their asses and let them score 28 points before they even started to actually play football. I hope you don't start making idiotic claims during the NFL playoffs that Mike McCarthy or Jim Harbaugh should be fired if their respective teams lose.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

  13. #3863
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Empire State of the South.
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    This song is for all the Bama and SEC fans out there:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARgIC0L9dDc

    With that out of the way we can finally turn our attention to the NFL playoffs. My Packers have a huge grudge match with the 49ers on Saturday. Aaron Rodgers is familiar with the Bay Area too, he played college football at Cal. A number of 49ers fans wanted their team to draft him back in 2005 but they passed on him.
    You're truly starting to come off as an idiot now. We got lucky? The SEC and Bama got really lucky, didn't they? God knows they made SO many mistakes in that game. Notre Dame totally should've won, right? I mean, Alabama sucks! Go B1G!

  14. #3864
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    For Kansas State it's pretty simple. They lost to an unranked team. While Oregon was closer, they never beat a top 10 ranked team, while Alabama beat 3 of those. Though I agree a tournament style playoff would be better, they were the most deserving team.



    Uh huh, Alabama was so lucky that Notre Dame sat on their asses and let them score 28 points before they even started to actually play football. I hope you don't start making idiotic claims during the NFL playoffs that Mike McCarthy or Jim Harbaugh should be fired if their respective teams lose.
    Alabama is lucky because of Ohio State being on a bowl ban. If Ohio State wasn't on a bowl ban, they probably would've been the #1 team heading into the national championship game. And Notre Dame still probably would've lost.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  15. #3865
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Alabama is lucky because of Ohio State being on a bowl ban. If Ohio State wasn't on a bowl ban, they probably would've been the #1 team heading into the national championship game. And Notre Dame still probably would've lost.
    No, notre dame would have beat the crap out of osu. Looked at OSU's schedule this year? It was a CAKEWALK. Even then they struggled against some mediocre to bad teams. Any of the top 10 teams would likely go 12-0 against that schedule. Notre Dame vs OSU would have been a lie of a championship game.

    As for Bama getting "lucky"

    LOL What about that game smacked of luck to anyone? It was domination from start to finish.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  16. #3866
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    No, notre dame would have beat the crap out of osu. Looked at OSU's schedule this year? It was a CAKEWALK. Even then they struggled against some mediocre to bad teams. Any of the top 10 teams would likely go 12-0 against that schedule. Notre Dame vs OSU would have been a lie of a championship game.

    As for Bama getting "lucky"

    LOL What about that game smacked of luck to anyone? It was domination from start to finish.
    Notre Dame's schedule was a cakewalk too, except for Stanford and MAYBE Oklahoma.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  17. #3867
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Notre Dame's schedule was a cakewalk too, except for Stanford and MAYBE Oklahoma.
    However, going into the season it was one of the toughest in the country. Its not Notre Dame's fault that many of those teams didn't work out like they were supposed to. OSU's schedule was never difficult. and looking at their schedule next year, its another breeze. Ohio State has been a joke since 2006, and until they man up and play a real schedule they will always be a joke

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  18. #3868
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Alabama won again? Who cares.

    If I were a Notre Dame fan, yeah I'd be disappointed, but I'd be happy too. They have been absolutely atrocious the past decade, and the players that have been drafted from ND to the NFL just further proves my point. Kelly has been great for you guys the record has been pretty good, but he brought you to the big game this year. I'd be worried he is concerned for his job after Alabama stomped you though. Interviewing with the Eagles?? Not a good sign.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

  19. #3869
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mikasa (Ha get it? :3)
    Posts
    262

    Default

    This is just pitiful now.

    ESPN found someone to blame for RGIII injury:
        Spoiler:


    People are saying "They're not blaming him, they're just saying because of all the critcism he got, it made RGIII want to stay in so the same thing doesn't happen to him."
    Oh, okay. So what it should be titled is "How much do you blame ESPN for RG III's injury"

  20. #3870
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Empire State of the South.
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Everyone, I have marvelous news. The 2013 Ohio State football schedule has JUST been released. Remember, you heard it from me.

    Week 1: Ohio State Buckeyes VS The Korean War Veterans

    Week 2: Ohio State Buckeyes VS The Nuns of America Club

    Week 3: Ohio State Buckeyes VS Girl Scout Troop 103

    Week 4: Ohio State Buckeyes VS Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School

    Week 5: Ohio State Buckeyes VS The Orphaned Boys Home of Ohio

    Week 6: Ohio State Buckeyes VS The Mexican Paralympics Team (NOTE: The Buckeyes CANNOT complain to the referees that a man with one leg is "hard to tackle")

    Week 7: Ohio State Buckeyes VS The Cleveland Browns Practice Squad

    Week 8: Ohio State Buckeyes VS Helen Keller

    Week 9: The Ohio State Buckeyes VS The Cast of the TV Show "Duck Dynasty"

    Week 10: Ohio State Buckeyes VS The Crippled Boys of America

    Week 11: The Ohio State Buckeyes VS The Practice Squad of Jackson Elementary

    Week 12: Ohio State Buckeyes VS Grandma's Book Club

    Serious Title contenders, folks.

  21. #3871
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    Everyone, I have marvelous news. The 2013 Ohio State football schedule has JUST been released. Remember, you heard it from me.

    Week 1: Ohio State Buckeyes VS The Korean War Veterans

    Week 2: Ohio State Buckeyes VS The Nuns of America Club

    Week 3: Ohio State Buckeyes VS Girl Scout Troop 103

    Week 4: Ohio State Buckeyes VS Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School

    Week 5: Ohio State Buckeyes VS The Orphaned Boys Home of Ohio

    Week 6: Ohio State Buckeyes VS The Mexican Paralympics Team (NOTE: The Buckeyes CANNOT complain to the referees that a man with one leg is "hard to tackle")

    Week 7: Ohio State Buckeyes VS The Cleveland Browns Practice Squad

    Week 8: Ohio State Buckeyes VS Helen Keller

    Week 9: The Ohio State Buckeyes VS The Cast of the TV Show "Duck Dynasty"

    Week 10: Ohio State Buckeyes VS The Crippled Boys of America

    Week 11: The Ohio State Buckeyes VS The Practice Squad of Jackson Elementary

    Week 12: Ohio State Buckeyes VS Grandma's Book Club

    Serious Title contenders, folks.
    You miss the bye week
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!



    FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

  22. #3872
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Empire State of the South.
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    You miss the bye week
    Bye Week is before Grandma's book club. Tough opponents.

  23. #3873
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Enough about college football, something just developed in the NFL!

    The Jaguars just said they will not go after Tim Tebow. I think this could be a golden opportunity for the Browns to finally have some stability at the quarterback position, as well as being able to make the playoffs for the first time since my 6th grade year.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  24. #3874
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Enough about college football, something just developed in the NFL!

    The Jaguars just said they will not go after Tim Tebow. I think this could be a golden opportunity for the Browns to finally have some stability at the quarterback position, as well as being able to make the playoffs for the first time since my 6th grade year.
    I prefer that Browns draft another qb, I don't know why they drafted Weeden, or try to trade to get Alex Smith, he had been so accurate recently.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!



    FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

  25. #3875
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Why did they draft Weeden? Because they make horrible organization decisions.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Page 155 of 264 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •