Page 160 of 263 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 6572

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Well, I don't know which team is interested in Tebow, but I think he will be a Free Agent.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    The 49ers have shut down offenses like the Patriots, Packers, and Saints all season. And the general consensus is that those offenses are much better (Although White and Jones always have to be accounted for) so it shouldn't be a stretch to say they can do the same to Atlanta. Because as we learned last year, when their offense plays a bad game, they they are REALLY bad. So its easy to give the Niners the edge, as much as I hate to admit it. Its sort of the lesser of two evils for me.

On defense they are fast, physical and can get the QB on the ground. And on offense they don't turn the ball over and can run really well. That's championship football if I ever saw it.
    In my opinion, Russell Wilson is a bit better than Kaepernick, and everyone and their damn mother was saying he was going to be the next superstar quarterback, but Atlanta shut him down, at least in the first half. If Atlanta plays the full sixty minutes, I see no reason why they can't do the same to Kaepernick. Once again, it's all going to come down to Matt Ryan and Michael Turner. If Atlanta establishes a good running game and can take the lead and burn time off the clock, it will certainly help. If Ryan makes bad decisions, Atlanta is going to lose. It's that simple. And, if you remember correctly, the main reason why Kaepernick was able to run all over Green Bay was because they used man to man coverage, which is really quite stupid when you're playing against a running quarterback. He also only completed about half of his passes (17/31, I believe), and that isn't going to work against a defense that knows how to defend running quarterbacks and has players like Asante Samuel, Sean Weatherspoon, and John Abraham.

lol Now Lions "fans" want to tank 2013 for contract reasons.

Come on, NOBODY does that! My goodness... no real fan of a team would want that to happen.

Also, Lions new ST coach is underwhelming, but whatever.

Anybody know where Tebow will go if Jacksonville doesn't want him?
    CFL?

Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    In my opinion, Russell Wilson is a bit better than Kaepernick, and everyone and their damn mother was saying he was going to be the next superstar quarterback, but Atlanta shut him down, at least in the first half. If Atlanta plays the full sixty minutes, I see no reason why they can't do the same to Kaepernick. Once again, it's all going to come down to Matt Ryan and Michael Turner. If Atlanta establishes a good running game and can take the lead and burn time off the clock, it will certainly help. If Ryan makes bad decisions, Atlanta is going to lose. It's that simple. And, if you remember correctly, the main reason why Kaepernick was able to run all over Green Bay was because they used man to man coverage, which is really quite stupid when you're playing against a running quarterback. He also only completed about half of his passes (17/31, I believe), and that isn't going to work against a defense that knows how to defend running quarterbacks and has players like Asante Samuel, Sean Weatherspoon, and John Abraham.
    It's not so much how Kapernick plays against Atlanta's D, it's more how well Atlanta's offense plays against the 49ers D. If the Niners punch Atlanta in the mouth on defense, then that just makes Kapernick's job all the more easier. From what I've seen this year, other than the Bears game, the Niners winning usually hasn't been contingent on how well Kapernick plays. Yes, even his last game he wasn't too spectacular. But that defense knows how to put a hat on offenses.

It's not like the Patriots, Saints, and Packers where if Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Aaron Rodgers has a bad game, then they lose. How the Niners win is how well they play on defense, and they proved they can do that. If Kapernick doesn't play lights out, then so what. He has the luxury of falling back on a D that can put the QB on the ground and score points. You make a mistake against them, and you pay for it.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

This is going to be the worst Championship weekend ever. SF is going to obliterate the inferior Falcons, and the NFL has pre-determined Ray Lewis is going to the Superbowl. There's absolutely no drama or intrigue at all.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

It will be cool if the Harbaugh Bowl will happen in the SB

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    It's not so much how Kapernick plays against Atlanta's D, it's more how well Atlanta's offense plays against the 49ers D. If the Niners punch Atlanta in the mouth on defense, then that just makes Kapernick's job all the more easier. From what I've seen this year, other than the Bears game, the Niners winning usually hasn't been contingent on how well Kapernick plays. Yes, even his last game he wasn't too spectacular. But that defense knows how to put a hat on offenses.

It's not like the Patriots, Saints, and Packers where if Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Aaron Rodgers has a bad game, then they lose. How the Niners win is how well they play on defense, and they proved they can do that. If Kapernick doesn't play lights out, then so what. He has the luxury of falling back on a D that can put the QB on the ground and score points. You make a mistake against them, and you pay for it.
    Seattles Defense > 49ers Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Comebhax View Post
    Anybody know where Tebow will go if Jacksonville doesn't want him?
    Like I mentioned, the Eagles seem like the only possibility, depending on what Chip Kelly does with their offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    This is going to be the worst Championship weekend ever. SF is going to obliterate the inferior Falcons, and the NFL has pre-determined Ray Lewis is going to the Superbowl. There's absolutely no drama or intrigue at all.
    I don't know about the first one: they did just beat a similarly-talented team and got a major monkey off their back. I'm still picking the 49ers, but not by a landslide or anything.

About the latter thing: I see you apparently noticed it, but does anyone else here think that was pretty much the worst officiating imaginable in the Ravens-Broncos game? I don't wanna seem like a homer finding excuses, but every time I think about it, it's hard to believe that they didn't impact the outcome of a double-overtime game with their lousy calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    It will be cool if the Harbaugh Bowl will happen in the SB
    Yeah, I guess I'm pulling slightly for that to happen now. Can't really realistically see the Ravens getting by the Patriots, though (on the plus side, this means I get to see Ray Lewis blubbering about a loss instead).

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    Seattles Defense > 49ers Defense
    Eh, I'd be inclined to disagree. Their secondary is probably better, though, and that's more relevant to the Falcons.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Yeah, I guess I'm pulling slightly for that to happen now. Can't really realistically see the Ravens getting by the Patriots, though (on the plus side, this means I get to see Ray Lewis blubbering about a loss instead).
    Well, Baltimore had show how good they are against my favorite team (Denver). I was very confident that Denver will win in that time, but in reality they shut my mouth. That is football all about, everyone can win championship if you give your best effort. I don't know how the Ravens got so hyped in the first place(well Lewis is one reason), but wish them best luck to beat NE, i hate Patriots. As well, you will never know what would happen, maybe today Tom Brady gets injured i don't know lol.

Honestly, the CFL is a pretty realistic option for Tebow, assuming Jacksonville really doesn't have any interest. I think Kelly made a mistake taking the Philly job, and bringing Tebow would only create more media scrutiny and pressure for a city that expects him to win immediately. I guess I could see him in Arizona, only because they have possibly the worst collection of QBs the league has ever seen. He's solid enough to be a second or third string guy in the NFL, but when you factor in all the non-football baggage he brings with him, no executive in his right mind would see Tim to be worth the media circus surrounding him.

Tebow should really come to Cleveland. We've seen what he can do, Cleveland could really benefit.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Tebow should really come to Cleveland. We've seen what he can do, Cleveland could really benefit.
    Is good that they get a new GM, and a former NFL Network analyst, but still they need a good head coach that really are good on developing young qbs, like Jim Harbaugh. He did change alot with Alex Smith and we is doing a great job on developing Kaepernick. And still they need a young raw qb so he can learn the nfl level in 1-2 years.

Falcon...PUNCH!!!

That's right, the Falcons are dominating. If they keep playing good they'll be in New Orleans in 2 weeks.
    -----

Falcons doing a great job of working the clock and keeping 49ers O off the field. That's a recipe for success, but they can't let SF back in the game like they did Seattle.

Falcon...PUNCH!!!

That's right, the Falcons are dominating. If they keep playing good they'll be in New Orleans in 2 weeks.
    Agree and good quote , They are falcon-punching amazing the 49ers. 17-0

I'll eat my hat if they end up in New Orleans
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

WOW! its getting so intensive.

At least its not the Falcons in New Orleans. And at the end of the day, that's all that matters to me.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Failcons at their best. Loving this

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

I want harbaugh bowl!!, it would be awesome and interesting to see it!

I can't believe the Refs didn't call roughing the passer on that hit on Ryan or a pass interference on that other play. As a Packers fan it is really disenheartening to see the 49ers advance. I've already had to deal with a college football championship game not going my way (SEC sucks and you all know it!) but now I run the risk of a pro football championship game not going my way either.
    -----

I can't believe the Refs didn't call roughing the passer on that hit on Ryan or a pass interference on that other play. As a Packers fan it is really disenheartening to see the 49ers advance. I've already had to deal with a college football championship game not going my way (SEC sucks and you all know it!) but now I run the risk of a pro football championship game not going my way either.
    Agree completely.

Falcons still threw it away though. So annoying.

Couldn't care who wins now.

The last thing I want is a Harbaugh Bowl. Those two guys are complete assclowns.

Go Patriots.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

The last thing I wanted was the 49ers to make the Super Bowl. I hate that douche QB they have.

Now I must pull for the Ravens or Patriots.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

As a Browns fan I want the Patriots to win the Super Bowl now. If that ends up happening it's very likely that Denver will be their opponent in the kickoff game because of the 8 teams New England is to host next year only Denver with Peyton Manning made the playoffs in 2012. And you know how the media likes Peyton VS. Brady.
    -----

Page 160 of 263 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast