Page 166 of 260 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 6483

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Revis to Buccaneers

Interesting
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Revis to Buccaneers

Interesting
    I don't know if it going to make TB contenders now. They'll have a good defense, but their offense is still a little rough. And the division might be one of the best on the league.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I don't know if it going to make TB contenders now. They'll have a good defense, but their offense is still a little rough. And the division might be one of the best on the league.
    I doubt doubt it'll have too great of an effect on the team overall. As you said the offense is "rough" and that division is merciless. Even with Revis they'll still be playing the Saints and Falcons, two of the best passing teams in the league twice a year. He'll definetly help but I don't know if it'll be enough. That and we don't really know how he's gonna be on the field this year after the injury. He could have an Adrian Peterson type comeback season, or he could just flop.

GodDamnZilla

Brady seemed to handle him just fine playing him twice a year. I suppose Brees shouldn't have too much of a problem either.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Brady seemed to handle him just fine playing him twice a year. I suppose Brees shouldn't have too much of a problem either.
    If Revis is healthy he most certainly will have MUCH more of an issue throwing against him than the guy who would take his place.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    No cornerback is going to transform a team into a contender, even if he can literally shut down opponents 100% of the time (which Revis is currently the closest thing to, anyway, at least in coverage).

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    If Revis is healthy he most certainly will have MUCH more of an issue throwing against him than the guy who would take his place.
    That's an understatement. Revis at 90% is still better than 90% of the corners in the league.

You know, I thought Tampa Bay would be the team to get Revis all along, what with a huge pile of money and terrible pass defense. It's weird that they weren't one of the teams talked about when the Jets first said they were going to trade him.

Well, it's draft time. KC kicks it off and picks Fisher.

I actually go to Central Michigan, so it made me happy to see Fisher picked in the first round. I hope he has a great career.

Lions take Ezekial Ansah at number 5. I'm fine with that. There really wasn't much they could have done anyway, with the three OTs off the board and (probably) nobody wanted to trade up to #5. He's raw, but hey. So was JPP, and look how that one turned out. Don't know why so many Lions fans hate the pick. Dee Miliner and the guards were reaches at #5, and like I said, (probably) nobody wanted to trade up to #5.

LOL at EJ Manuel being the first QB taken. Someone got fooled by his fluffed up ACC stats.

LOL I know. That was such a dumb move by the Bills. Especially with who else they could have taken.

Shariff Floyd is going to be the steal of this draft. I am completely shocked he has fallen this far

I think it's a well-known fact that if Johnny Manziel had been allowed to enter the draft he would have been pick #1.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Kind of hoping the Lions trade up to get him.

Wow, Bears, that was a bit of a reach, too.

EDIT: Oh, wait. He's a DT. Thought he was a CB for some reason. Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    I think it's a well-known fact that if Johnny Manziel had been allowed to enter the draft he would have been pick #1.
    Seriously doubt that.

And the Bears draft.... Wait, who? And I thought Jerry Angelo couldn't draft 1st rounders..... There's just no excuse for that, trade down? Draft Floyd, Eifert? And we pick HIM? That was way too early, with way too much talent on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    I actually go to Central Michigan, so it made me happy to see Fisher picked in the first round. I hope he has a great career.

Lions take Ezekial Ansah at number 5. I'm fine with that. There really wasn't much they could have done anyway, with the three OTs off the board and (probably) nobody wanted to trade up to #5. He's raw, but hey. So was JPP, and look how that one turned out. Don't know why so many Lions fans hate the pick. Dee Miliner and the guards were reaches at #5, and like I said, (probably) nobody wanted to trade up to #5.
    I'm surprised Fisher was #1, but I guess it makes sense. They still have Brandon Albert, so might as well go for the guy with the better potential.

And Ziggy was the best pick they could make at that point, I think. Dee Milliner, eh, maybe, but a potential elite pass-rush usually trumps good coverage.

LOL I know. That was such a dumb move by the Bills. Especially with who else they could have taken.
    I disagree. What they've done makes sense to me. Sign Kevin Kolb to man the starting job for a few years, and draft the guy who is considered to have the best potential in this draft. Maybe it doesn't work out, but the logic is sound.

Seriously doubt that.
    Me, too. No way does anybody take a one-year QB at #1.

Anyway, rofl, this draft isn't going at all how I envisioned. Not even close.

I don't know. I just don't think E.J. Manuel is ready for the NFL.

Vikings got Floyd btw.

EJ Manuel has the best potential....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Maybe if he was playing ACC defenses every game

EJ Manuel has the best potential....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Maybe if he was playing ACC defenses every game
    That's true. I should probably listen to you, and not the majority opinion of professional analysts. It's not as if you're biased.

Jeez, the Vikings are just raking it in. They might be the best team in the NFC North soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    That's true. I should probably listen to you, and not the majority opinion of professional analysts. It's not as if you're biased.
    The guy was pretty average to bad outside the ACC against good teams, thats what I am looking at. When he came up against fast, talented defenses, he got squashed.

My goodness, Minnesota Vikings! When did their FO get so good? Jeez.

Edit: Never mind. Didn't notice they gave up four picks. Jeez.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 26th April 2013 at 5:31 AM.

The guy was pretty average to bad outside the ACC against good teams, thats what I am looking at. When he came up against fast, talented defenses, he got squashed.
    Please, it's not about production or level of competition. It's about the physical and mental talents he has, not whether he's put them all together yet. Nobody said or thinks he's completely pro-ready. He's a project, one that might pay off handsomely.

The NFL is way more balanced between teams than college, anyway, so it's silly to bring up times his team was outmatched or outschemed or whatever.

My goodness, Minnesota Vikings! When did their FO get so good? Jeez.
    Yeah, Floyd, Rhodes, and now Patterson. Ridiculous haul. And they still have a few late-round picks. They'd better put it together fast, because this draft is a hell of an investment.

Edit: Never mind. Didn't notice they gave up four picks. Jeez.
    I think they gave up too much, too, but they do still have five picks. Granted, it's a 4, 5, 6, and two 7s.
    Last edited by GrizzlyB; 26th April 2013 at 5:34 AM.

Going by that logic Tim Tebow has the most potential of anyone in the NFL

lol Dallas. That was a stupid pick, too.

Still lots of good players on the board for Round 2.

Page 166 of 260 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast