Page 168 of 264 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Tebow signed by the Pats. Interesting, and a good place for him to go

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

So who will Hernandez be playing for next year?
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    So who will Hernandez be playing for next year?
    The state penitentiary pickup team, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    The state penitentiary pickup team, probably.
    I was thinking the Bengals. They've had so many criminals on their teams in the past.

When I said that, the only thing I knew about was him getting arrested this morning, so I said it kind of haphazardly. But since he's been charged with first-degree murder and is being held without bail, it's almost certain that he'll be in prison, not just next season, but for a very long time. Even if he were young enough and good enough to still be playing when he gets out, I doubt the league would let him.

That said, in the hypothetical situation where he's cleared of all charges: I don't think the Bengals would need him, since they just drafted Tyler Eifert and all. And really, a lot of the teams that have used troublemaking players like him in the past seem to be moving away from that (Bengals, Lions, Raiders, etc.). That said, the Raiders are in desperate need of offensive playmakers, so I guess I could see them taking a chance on him. And there's no way that could go wrong.

I guess the NFL should officially stand for National Felon League if this keeps up...

In other words, yet another NFL player gets arrested. (Joe Lefeged)

Speaking of which, $10 says another NFL player (or college football player) will get arrested. Don't know who, but I won't be surprised if it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post
    I guess the NFL should officially stand for National Felon League if this keeps up...

In other words, yet another NFL player gets arrested. (Joe Lefeged)

Speaking of which, $10 says another NFL player (or college football player) will get arrested. Don't know who, but I won't be surprised if it does happen.
    You mean arrested ever again? Well yea, no kidding. Hopefully none in the near future for a while though. Still, the heavy majority of the league consists of class act guy that try to be good citizens.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Well, I'm hoping there will be no more arrests from this point on, but on a more positive note, just like what you said, there are the "class-acts" and the not-so "class-acts", in which...I can easily name one from the top of my head. Yeah, that guy who plays in Detroit, which I'm sure you know already.

But as for my (sarcastic) bet, well...I know for a fact that a future NFL player will get arrested for some crime, but who knows what'll happen...it's pretty funny that the sarcastic variants of Aaron Hernandez jerseys are...well, yeah. Prison outfits.

It's getting to the point where you can just start betting odds on what position group another arrest will come from.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

It's time to bring this thread back to life now that we're in the NFL preseason. Also with just over 2 weeks to go until college football start again.

USA Today Rankings for the top 25:

1. Alabama (58)
    2 Ohio State (3)
    3. Oregon
    4. Stanford
    5. Georgia
    6. Texas A&M (1)
    7. South Carolina
    8. Clemson
    9. Louisville
    10. Florida
    11. Notre Dame
    12. Florida State
    13. LSU
    14. Oklahoma State
    15. Texas
    16. Oklahoma
    17. Michigan
    18. Nebraska
    19. Boise State
    20. TCU
    21. UCLA
    22. Northwestern
    23. Wisconsin
    24. USC
    25. Oregon State

Others receiving votes: Kansas State 113, Miami (FL) 101, Michigan State 89, Baylor 80, Virginia Tech 65, Fresno State 62, Arizona State 51, Ole Miss 32, Vanderbilt 29, Utah State 23, Brigham Young 20, North Carolina 19, Northern Illinois 19, Tulsa 9, San Jose State 8, Ohio 8, Arizona 5, Cincinnati 3, East Carolina 3, Mississippi State 3, Kent State 3, Washington 3, UCF 2, Tennessee 1, Toledo 1, Rutgers 1, Arkansas 1, Arkansas State 1

Alabama is overrated. Many people are forgetting to take into account the fact that they only got into the BCS title game last year because OSU couldn't play. If anyone should be preseason #1 it's OSU.

They're not overrated. They would've beat Ohio State as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Alabama is overrated. Many people are forgetting to take into account the fact that they only got into the BCS title game last year because OSU couldn't play. If anyone should be preseason #1 it's OSU.
    LOL Ohio State. Alabama would have KILLED them. Worse than Notre Dame. Ohio State's record last year was fat on a weak big 10 and OoC schedule. Just like it will be this year. They have a joke of a schedule and I expect the to cruise to the championship game this season only to get stomped by a team that has actually been challenged by a hard schedule. Its going to be 2006 all over again.

The SEC jealousy from the rest of the country is hilarious.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 13th August 2013 at 7:16 AM.

FINALLY found this damm thread, lol. Been looking all over.

Also, I agree that Alabama could destroy even NFL teams. *Shudders*
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    LOL Ohio State. Alabama would have KILLED them. Worse than Notre Dame. Ohio State's record last year was fat on a weak big 10 and OoC schedule. Just like it will be this year. They have a joke of a schedule and I expect the to cruise to the championship game this season only to get stomped by a team that has actually been challenged by a hard schedule. Its going to be 2006 all over again.

The SEC jealousy from the rest of the country is hilarious.
    While I agree that the SEC jealousy's all kinds of hilarious, OSU's probably losing by one possession if they make the title game against an SEC team this time around instead of the 14-28 it would've constantly been with Tressel as coach - better recruiting and (arguably more significantly) better coaching will make sure of that.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
    While I agree that the SEC jealousy's all kinds of hilarious, OSU's probably losing by one possession if they make the title game against an SEC team this time around instead of the 14-28 it would've constantly been with Tressel as coach - better recruiting and (arguably more significantly) better coaching will make sure of that.
    We'll see about that. I still think Meyer will crumble when he is finally challenged this year. Especially if that challenge is Saban. One good year against weak competition does not convince me that he is the same coach that won at UF.

My honest opinion is the real reason for his health issues was the stress of keeping up with SEC recruiting. Specifically Saban. I think after he lost the players from the Tebow years he saw the writing on the wall and did not want to have to rebuild to catch up with Alabama. So he ran to the weak big 10 where he knew he would have a recruiting advantage.

Like it or not, until OSU wins a championship they have OVERRATED stamped on them
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 13th August 2013 at 7:53 AM.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the strength of Meyer's coaching, though I don't disagree that the stress of competition in the SEC added to whatever issues he was having a few years back.

(And in any case, OSU's rated where they have any business being at the moment: firmly behind Alabama.)
    last.fm
    facebook

If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the strength of Meyer's coaching, though I don't disagree that the stress of competition in the SEC added to whatever issues he was having a few years back.

(And in any case, OSU's rated where they have any business being at the moment: firmly behind Alabama.)
    Like I said, one year of success against inferior teams in the big 10 does not convince me he is his old self. IMO either of the teams in the championship last year would have beaten Ohio State. OSU's record last year was all fattened up on the weak big 10. even then OSU still struggled against some pretty weak teams. Now this year their schedule is a cakewalk yet again. They are going to get to the championship game and get stomped again because they are unprepared for the jump in competition.

Yeah, they also played against "predominantly weak teams" in Tressel's second year when Iowa was the best team on their schedule; you'd be hard pressed to tell me 2002 Miami would be a joke in this era, particularly on offense.

And for a weak conference, the B1G seemed to be doing just fine in bowl season against the SEC and in general, given that literally everyone was playing a team two spots above where they would've been without OSU and PSU's sanctions.
    last.fm
    facebook

I really find it hard to believe that Alabama is that good. This season will prove last season was a fluke for Bama. They'll be ending their season in the Capital One Bowl. I just simply refuse to recognize them as the defending champs. I will consider Ohio State to be the champions of 2012, until the day I die.

That aside, in College Station Johnny Manziel is being investigated over autograph signings. I'm holding out hope for A&M to play Texas in the Cotton Bowl this year, believe me this is a rivalry that should go on.

In NFL news Tom Brady left practice today because his knee is hurt. If he can't play, who knows how the Patriots will do this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    I really find it hard to believe that Alabama is that good. This season will prove last season was a fluke for Bama. They'll be ending their season in the Capital One Bowl. I just simply refuse to recognize them as the defending champs. I will consider Ohio State to be the champions of 2012, until the day I die.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *deep breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry bud, but you "refusing" to acknowledge them means something only in your flawed opinion. Bama is and will always be the champions of 2012 no matter the opinions of sour OSU fans. This is almost as good as the weeks leading up to the 2006 championship game with delusional OSU fans thinking OSU was going to run florida off the field.

Bama was that good. Trust me I wish they could have played Ohio State so Urban could have nightmares about Saban again. Even Notre Dame would have beaten OSU last year. I'm going to repeat this, OSU's record was not as good as it looked on paper. It was against a weak schedule and even then they struggled, heck almost lost to some really inferior teams.

PS: I'm not a bama fan, I'm a Florida fan, so I dislike bama as much as the next person. I just can look past a record and judge the team for what it really is. Bama was so much better than OSU last year its not even funny.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 15th August 2013 at 4:58 PM.

Ohio State blows. They got crushed by Florida, they got crushed by LSU and they would've gotten crushed by Alabama if they would've been eligible last year. I'm an LSU fan who hasn't missed a game since 1991 (born in 1990) and i can tell you this, as long as Saban is at Alabama, you can count on their program to reload and contend every single year. They might be weaker at a specific position but they make up for those few weaknesses by strengthening what weaknesses affected them the year before. I hate watching LSU go against Bama, and its the game that i almost always pick the other team to win.

Depending on whether Johnny Manziel plays or not impacts the outlook of the West. I think that most people will have figured him out, as i highly doubt he plays at the level he did last year, mainly because of his off the field issues over this past season coupled with defenses formulating strategies against him. The SEC West is pretty much Bama's to lose and the only team that really has a shot this year to beat them is probably LSU (don't count on Bama to lose to A&M twice in a row).

The SEC East, now that should be very interesting. Florida brings back multiple players on O and D, UGA is coming off an amazing year and S. Carolina has the freak of nature clowney and a versatile QB game which can't be discounted. I honestly don't know what the outcome of that will be, as all teams have their own strengths and weaknesses. UGA is probably a little overhyped at their current rank, i would've put them behind UF, but who knows, this could be SC's year unless they suffer the South Carolina team curse.

P.S. To anyone that says your conference that isn't named the SEC is better, show us your championships, because when it comes down to it, that's what success is measured in nowadays.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

y'know, for a "superior conference" you two seem to be real determined to let me know Ohio State is a Division III bottom-feeder if I so much as say they won't get blown out by 5 touchdowns (and admit they'll still lose) against Alabama

though on the other hand, speaking as a recent OSU alum and someone still in Columbus: Pikachu Fan Number Nine's post *is* pretty breathtakingly moronic - even discounting 2012 for whatever bizarre reason he came up with, I'M PRETTY SURE SIX IN A ROW GIVES THE SEC (or at least Florida, Bama, LSU and Auburn) BRAGGING RIGHTS.
    Last edited by John Madden; 17th August 2013 at 3:08 AM.
    last.fm
    facebook

y'know, for a "superior conference" you two seem to be real determined to let me know Ohio State is a Division III bottom-feeder if I so much as say they won't get blown out by 5 touchdowns (and admit they'll still lose) against Alabama

though on the other hand, speaking as a recent OSU alum and someone still in Columbus: Pikachu Fan Number Nine's post *is* pretty breathtakingly moronic - even discounting 2012 for whatever bizarre reason he came up with, I'M PRETTY SURE SIX IN A ROW GIVES THE SEC (or at least Florida, Bama, LSU and Auburn) BRAGGING RIGHTS.
    Never said that Ohio State was a Division III bottom feeder. Your words not mine. Fact of the matter is that they play an extremely easy schedule year in and year out and it shows, mainly in the past National Championship games they made it to where they played quality opponents. Ohio State is a good team, but i wouldn't have put them in the top 5 even with their undefeated season last year. Beating Cal by 7, UAB by 14, beating Indiana by 3 and not to mention letting them score 49 on you, beating purdue in OT and barely beating a lackluster Michigan team shouldn't garner a top 5 ranking. Based on their performance i wouldn't have had them in the top 10. Honestly i'm hoping OSU goes undefeated again. They should with the even easier schedule they have this year. Michigan is probably the hardest team on that schedule with Wisconsin as a maybe.
    Last edited by KantoPkmnMaster; 17th August 2013 at 3:29 AM.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Yeah I'm kind of pissed their schedule's even easier this time around.

Like I have the feeling their talent level's going to wind up significantly higher than last year's (thanks to Dontre Wilson and Vonn Bell, among our other recruits from the South)... but since we're playing against a severely down Big Ten it's not going to show outside of the one or two teams that aren't complete garbage on a national level.

And don't even get me started on the OOCs; though Cal's not exactly our fault, we could've certainly done better than Florida A&M and whoever the hell else we're beating up on.

(...though if I have to be completely honest, I'm still shocked the 2012 team even finished 12-0 - I was expecting 9-3 at best with maybe a Rose Bowl run THIS year.)
    Last edited by John Madden; 17th August 2013 at 3:36 AM.
    last.fm
    facebook

Page 168 of 264 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast