Page 181 of 259 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 6468

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    See? And it's not so much here. I mean, people go to high school football games and all, but it's not a huge draw. There is a lot more to do on a Friday night in the Metro Detroit area than go to a high school football game, despite Detroit going through rough times.

But we're drifting a little off-topic here, and I apologize for that. But I'm not watching the MNF game, because it's more or less going how I expected it to (and because Tigers, but again, different topic altogether). The Broncos are arguably the best team in football, and the Raiders are one of the worst. Doesn't take a genius to figure out who wins that.

On another random note, I know it's early, and I know I'm only asking this because I'm a Lions fan who wants to see this happen to someone else, but does anyone think the Jags or any of the 0-3 teams have a legitimate chance of going 0-16?
    The Jaguars could do it, but they have St. Louis, Arizona, Cleveland, and Buffalo on their schedule so they could steal one of those games if it's a low scoring game.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

clearly none of you know of what is Texas High-School football
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    clearly none of you know of what is Texas High-School football
    Which is good...but still not as good when compared to Florida high school football.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    Which is good...but still not as good when compared to Florida high school football.
    LOL oh my god you are dense

Florida is bigger on football when it comes to most states, but seriously? Texas pumps out more college prospects than any other state. Big high schools here in Texas can pull in 10,000+ fans a game, which is astounding for high school football.
    Texas is THE biggest football state. There is no contest. This is not because I live here, but look at the numbers. A good number of pro-NFL athletes originated from Texas.
    oopsie

Ahhh and out come the childish insults. I'd love to debate with you but I'm not going to even try if you can't keep it civil. Its a game.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 24th September 2013 at 8:01 PM.

Zeno is correct though. Texas is THE football state.

I don't really care much about recruiting, only winning. While we're on the subject of football in Texas, why doesn't the state pass a law requiring Texas and Texas A&M to play each other? We got such a law in South Carolina making Clemson and SC play each other.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    I don't really care much about recruiting, only winning. While we're on the subject of football in Texas, why doesn't the state pass a law requiring Texas and Texas A&M to play each other? We got such a law in South Carolina making Clemson and SC play each other.
    Well there is this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...valry/1873713/

http://legiscan.com/TX/bill/HB778/2013

I don't really care much about recruiting only winning.

Synonymous in college football and a huge reason the SEC has dominated.

Recruiting is perhaps the most important part of college football. You don't know recruiting. or don't have the resources to recruit, you don't win.

Did a little research and zeno is right about Texas. Florida is right up there near the top though. however that doesn't excuse the insults he threw at me
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 24th September 2013 at 9:11 PM.

Helps that Texas is largely rural and has a HUGE population. *shrug* That's all there really is to it.

http://www.nationalunderclassmen.com...CLID=205686930 I just blinded you with Science and statistical analysis! If you want to speak on the basis of how many recruits for Division I football are produced by each state of course Texas is going to be #1 in that. They are the biggest state in the union. If you want to talk averages, such as this average that i gave you, according to this study which is sourced by a former NCAA recruitment overseer then you'll see that if based in terms of population of each state and the # of recruits by each state, Louisiana is #1. Usual suspects in terms of recruiting states are all there. Georgia, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Ohio, Oklahoma all round out in the top 10.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Notice only ONE northern state is in that bunch

Can't wait for the Alabama-Ole Miss game even though we're going to lose for sure.

Ask the Aggies. Their attitude towards UT will tell you why.

A&M has ALWAYS been the "little brother" to UT in terms of education, sports, and pretty much everything. They have a fervent disgust towards UT. Many of their "traditions" all revolve around beating "tu" and those"damned liberal horns" and basically hating EVERYTHING to come out out that university.
    UT has no business playing A&M anymore now that they are out of the Big 12. The game will do nothing for either team (except the moral victory when they actually beat Texas for once, which doesn't happen too often).
    A&M has one of these most ignorant and outright mean fan bases in the nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    Did a little research and zeno is right about Texas. Florida is right up there near the top though. however that doesn't excuse the insults he threw at me
    too bad I didn't throw an insult at you

Your arrogant, snotty tone about the "GODLY SEC" is more insulting than anything I've said.
    Last edited by Zenotwapal; 25th September 2013 at 1:31 AM.
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Ask the Aggies. Their attitude towards UT will tell you why.

A&M has ALWAYS been the "little brother" to UT in terms of education, sports, and pretty much everything. They have a fervent disgust towards UT. Many of their "traditions" all revolve around beating "tu" and those"damned liberal horns" and basically hating EVERYTHING to come out out that university.
    UT has no business playing A&M anymore now that they are out of the Big 12. The game will do nothing for either team (except the moral victory when they actually beat Texas for once, which doesn't happen too often).
    A&M has one of these most ignorant and outright mean fan bases in the nation.

too bad I didn't throw an insult at you

Your arrogant, snotty tone about the "GODLY SEC" is more insulting than anything I've said.
    Yes, you did.

"LOL my god your dense"

I'm simply not going to take you seriously if you have to resort to insults.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 25th September 2013 at 1:39 AM.

I honestly regret bringing up high school football in other states. I would not have if I knew people would resort to flame wars over whose state is "better."

We're going a bit off-topic, aren't we?

I honestly regret bringing up high school football in other states. I would not have if I knew people would resort to flame wars over whose state is "better."

We're going a bit off-topic, aren't we?
    A little considering the thread concerns NFL and NCAAF, but i digress. I have nothing against the guy but Zeno did refer to Lugia as arrogant and narrow minded which started this whole flame war. I honestly had fun reading it though. Going back to NCAAF here are my picks for this week's Top 25 games:

1 Bama over 21 Ole Miss
    2 Oregon over Cal
    3 Clemson over Wake Forest
    4 OSU over 23 Wisconsin
    5 Stanford over WSU
    6 LSU over 9 UGA
    8 FSU over BC
    10 A&M over Arkansas
    11 OK St over WVU
    12 S.C. over UCF
    14 OU over 22 ND
    15 Miami over S. Florida
    16 Washington over Arizona
    20 UF over Kentucky
    25 Fresno over Hawaii

Some pretty good games on this week, mainly in the SEC. I think Ole Miss will keep it close up to the 3rd quarter then Bama will run away with it. As for LSU-UGA, i'm really nervous. I want my team (LSU) to beat my sister's (UGA) because let's face it, i'm a much better person. Honestly the LSU-UGA game could go either way. UGA has the advantage for these reasons i think: 1) game is at UGA 2) Daytime game 3) I ran out of reasons. Either way i'll be fine because i picked LSU to lose 2-3 games this year anyway (This being one of them). Hoping OSU loses because they aren't as good as advertised. No Big 10 team deserves to be in the top 10. Hoping ND loses because they are overrated and shouldn't even be in the top 25. Until they get beat, i'm going the safe route. The national championship will most likely be Alabama v. Oregon. ACC winner will be in discussion this year (i believe FSU will be the ACC champ).

Serebii.net Claims:

UGA's D is a sieve. Advantage LSU who surprisingly can throw the ball this year

NFL Picks for Week 4
    49ers over Rams
    Ravens over Bills
    Bengals over Browns
    Lions over Bears
    Chiefs over Giants
    Cardinals over Bucs
    Colts over Jaguars
    Seahawks over Texans
    Vikings over Steelers
    Titans over Jets
    Redskins over Raiders
    Broncos over Eagles
    Cowboys over Chargers
    Falcons over Patriots
    Saints over Dolphins

Serebii.net Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    NFL Picks for Week 4
    49ers over Rams
    Ravens over Bills
    Bengals over Browns
    Lions over Bears
    Chiefs over Giants
    Cardinals over Bucs
    Colts over Jaguars
    Seahawks over Texans
    Vikings over Steelers
    Titans over Jets
    Redskins over Raiders
    Broncos over Eagles
    Cowboys over Chargers
    Falcons over Patriots
    Saints over Dolphins
    Nice picks, all of mine are the same as well. I have the Lions beating the Bears as well. I don't wanna sound like i'm being a Lions homer, but I firmly believe the Lions can pull out a win against the Bears.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

I certainly hope so, since everybody seems to be prematurely high on the Bears right now. I think they, like the Lions, have just benefited from a soft schedule (Bears opponents are a whopping 2-7 this year; Lions 1-8). I think in reality, these two teams are about even (and the Packers are better than both), so it could go either way.

This should be both teams' hardest game so far, so it should be fun to watch. Don't know why all these "expert" picks are so one-sided. How easy it is to forget that the Bears could just as easily be 1-2 right now, and the Lions could be 3-0.

Not doing picks. The Lions always lose whenever I do picks.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 26th September 2013 at 7:39 PM.

I just realized the Dolphins are undefeated.

I certainly hope so, since everybody seems to be prematurely high on the Bears right now. I think they, like the Lions, have just benefited from a soft schedule (Bears opponents are a whopping 2-7 this year; Lions 1-8). I think in reality, these two teams are about even (and the Packers are better than both), so it could go either way.

This should be both teams' hardest game so far, so it should be fun to watch. Don't know why all these "expert" picks are so one-sided. How easy it is to forget that the Bears could just as easily be 1-2 right now, and the Lions could be 3-0.

Not doing picks. The Lions always lose whenever I do picks.
    This should be a entertaining game, and I agree with what you said. Yeah, the "experts" seem to be very one sided when picking this game. The Lions could be 3-0 right now if they wouldn't of lost that game against Arizona 25-21, and Chicago could easily be 1-2 right now, but they squeaked by the Vikings and Bengals. If only the Lions didn't let that Arizona game slip away, they would be 3-0 going into the Chicago game, but honestly if i'm the Lions i'm not worrying about that Arizona game the past is the past this team is sitting at 2-1 they need to focus on just winning games. A win against Chicago would be a nice win, and I think they can get the win. It will be a interesting game both teams seem pretty even.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 27th September 2013 at 10:19 AM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

You know, I think the Rams wouldn't totally suck if they had decent receivers that could actually catch passes, and at least an average run defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    You know, I think the Rams wouldn't totally suck if they had decent receivers that could actually catch passes, and at least an average run defense.
    That and if they didn't have a QB that is damaged goods. Rams haven't been the same since the greatest show on turf ended.

Serebii.net Claims:

Page 181 of 259 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast