Page 103 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 6572

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

I wonder if Goodell light a cigarette after pulling his dick out of the Saints just now.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Tim Tebow is going to the Jets. I can't imagine him being much of a help there, though.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Tebow's playing for a New York team now? I... I can't imagine I can root for him anymore.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Two words- the Barcelona Regals!

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Tebow's playing for a New York team now? I... I can't imagine I can root for him anymore.
    I don't think the trade is 100% confirmed yet because the Jets can still nullify it, but I think he will probably end up with New York. If he doesn't go to the Jets he may go to the Rams.

On the matter about the bounty thing for the Saints , I have to say that just gripes me to end for them doing that. That being since the league is just getting too soft from what they have been in the past. I mean by this is that they want to not have the superzero stars on the Offense side of the ball to play in every game so that the league could earn more money in it. Though this might be a different story if Tebow was one of the targets that the Saint's Bounty Program went after to injury badly. That being since that some of these superzeros that I mention after the ones that have the most fans since that do stuff like having illegal dog fighting rings and spoke the bong while someone like Tebow gets put down since that he prays. Though it would also be a different story to if he was a Muslim and prayed to Allah. But hey , I wouldn't doubt that they are going to be taking away the Saints Super Bowl Championship because of that Bounty Program. So yeah , You could probably tell that I am So Freaking Happy now.

Now after I went on my soapbox on what has happen recently , Have to say that I am surprise that the Broncos let Manning have the number 18 even though they had originally had the number retired. I was expecting that they would let Manning have the number 16 , which he originally worn while he was in college playing ball with the Tennessee Vols , since that of the number 18 being retired already. But hey , I guess that it's alright now un-retire numbers now. Though I thought that all of this un-retiring business was done and over with once that Farve was retired for good.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Might as well have the offense play pitch and catch for 60 mins now. Goodell seems hellbent on having sissified babies playing now.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I'll root for him to do well there, but for the jets to lose....if that makes any sense :P

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Goodell seems hellbent on having sissified babies playing now.
    According to the rule book, bounty systems are not allowed, so Goodell was just doing his job by enforcing the rules. Also, no one will become a "sissified baby." Most of the players on the Saints defense hit hard anyway, bounty or no bounty.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    I'll root for him to do well there, but for the jets to lose....if that makes any sense :P
    Makes perfect sense to me. That's what I was doing when he was with the Broncos, and will continue to do it for the Jets.

The problem with me doing the same for Manning is that I want him to win the Superbowl, but don't want the Broncos to win it, which is impossible of course.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Might as well have the offense play pitch and catch for 60 mins now. Goodell seems hellbent on having sissified babies playing now.
    The punishment fit the crime, take off the saints glasses and look again.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Find it extremely ironic and funny that Tracy Porter just signed with the Broncos.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Drew Brees is still holding out?

I'm losing respect for the man, Tom Brady renegotiates his contract to make cap space, Aaron Rodgers makes less than Ryan Fitzpatrick and Kevin Kolb never hear him complain.

It would be understandable if the Saints were low-balling him. But they offered to make him the highest played player in the game. This is just greedy.

Given the current state of the team, I would say signing Brees should be priority #1.

But it seems he wants money that the Saints really don't have. If he get's that big paycheck, then there probably won't be much of a team to come back to adding on to the possible suspensions. I always thought he was a team guy, but this is making that look quite the contrary. He turned down big money before and also held off on contract talks this year, so if there is really anyone to blame, it's himself.

But it isn't like he doesn't deserve it though. The guy helped bring the Saints their first ever Super Bowl Championship and has kept them in playoff contention ever since. Not to mention the work he does for the city.

The feeling around New Orleans is that Brees does seem greedy, but he is the face of the franchise and the one guy who could seriously rally the team together after all that has happened. So everyone at this point is saying "Just get the deal done already".

I'm sure that a deal will get done before camp opens though. I just don't see Brees as the type of player to hold out. Both sides have some sort of leverage and just need to squash all the beef and get it done.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Given the current state of the team, I would say signing Brees should be priority #1.

But it seems he wants money that the Saints really don't have. If he get's that big paycheck, then there probably won't be much of a team to come back to adding on to the possible suspensions. I always thought he was a team guy, but this is making that look quite the contrary. He turned down big money before and also held off on contract talks this year, so if there is really anyone to blame, it's himself.

But it isn't like he doesn't deserve it though. The guy helped bring the Saints their first ever Super Bowl Championship and has kept them in playoff contention ever since. Not to mention the work he does for the city.

The feeling around New Orleans is that Brees does seem greedy, but he is the face of the franchise and the one guy who could seriously rally the team together after all that has happened. So everyone at this point is saying "Just get the deal done already".

I'm sure that a deal will get done before camp opens though. I just don't see Brees as the type of player to hold out. Both sides have some sort of leverage and just need to squash all the beef and get it done.
    I think this, also, but Brees doesn't seem to want to cooperate, yet he says he wants to stay in New Orleans. But like you said, the suspensions and fines will probably have to be accounted for by both Brees and the Saints. Maybe because he set the passing record during that last season is the explanation for why he expects so much money. It could even be the sign syaing 'Hey, if you don't wanna pay me, then maybe another team will.' But they've tagged Brees, so I don't think that would be a worry, but I don't know.
    Black FC: 0905-8396-1651
    Black 2 FC: 0734-2563-1464

LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING POKEMON:
    *UNTRAINED*

HAVE THE FOLLOWING FOR TRADE:
    Adamant + Jolly / Naďve / Naďve + Modest

LEGENDS:
    G1:
    G2:
    G3:
    G4:
    G5:

Apparently, both sides are 5 million away from a deal. But that 5 million could possibly get rid of a significant chunk of the team. Unless they want to end up like the Colts, then Brees should just take any offer they give him. I heard the deal they put on the table gave him around 19 million a year, which is pretty respectable without overpaying.

EDIT: Totally stoked that the Saints just signed Curtis Lofton on for 5 years. Dude is a absolute stud. I'm liking most of the move they are making on defense.
    Last edited by deathseer; 25th March 2012 at 5:58 AM.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Finally , They Have Revealed The TRUE New Nike Uniforms

All I have to say is that some of them are actually better than those fakes that surfaced a while back. Though there is a few of them that I liked the fake ones more than the official ones. Those being mainly the Patriots and the Eagles. The main reason is because of that fake Patriots' American Flag design was really cooler than the plain old usual uniform. Then again the fake one did look like something that Lady Gaga would wear anyway. But hey , I have actually noticed that the Chargers went back to there regular dark blue uniforms that they had before the went back to the retro powder blue uniforms. Another things that I would like to also point out about the Seahawks and the Broncos. The Broncos one is that it seems that they have officially decided to go with the former alternative uniform as the new home uniform than the former usual dark blue home uniforms. For the Seahawks , I have to say that they are the only ones that got the total redesign compared to their former uniforms. I do think that it was kinda cool that they did that since of the fact that them pure Lime Green uniforms were really the second ugliest uniform ever compared to the poo/pee colored uniforms the University of Wyoming wears.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

As a Seahawks fan, my reaction to our new jerseys changed in the span of 15 minutes from "WHAT THE DEVIL HAVE YOU DONE HERE, NIKE?" to "I really kind of love these". They are REALLY different than what other NFL teams wear. And I adore our alternate jerseys (the gray ones).

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    As a Seahawks fan, my reaction to our new jerseys changed in the span of 15 minutes from "WHAT THE DEVIL HAVE YOU DONE HERE, NIKE?" to "I really kind of love these". They are REALLY different than what other NFL teams wear. And I adore our alternate jerseys (the gray ones).
    The grays might be treated as a white jersey. If they are, I expect them to be worn against the Cowboys, who would be forced to wear their "jinxed" blue jerseys.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

No, they have white/road jerseys, too. I'd actually really like to see them use the grays as their road jersey, but I'm sure they'll be the basic "once-every-other-season-or-so" alternative jersey.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

So people, you heard that the NFL Kickoff game for next season is going to be Cowboys at Giants. As a Giants fan, I would have preferred the Packers for the Current SB champions VS Former SB champions match like the Packers/Saints before.

Also, Joe Flacco considers himself a "Top 5" QB. Right.

I'd rather just see the Cowboys Giants. Big fan of their rivalry and always love to see the Cowboys get the sh*t stomped outta them.

GodDamnZilla

Not really sure why they went Giants/Cowboys. The Cowboys aren't exactly a marquee team. They manage to find a way to lose every year.

I know why they didn't go Giants/Saints, but why not Giants/Packers or Giants/49ers?
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

The schedule is supposed to be revealed tonight. I think we already know what teams were facing, but not on what weeks.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

The schedule is out, and I'm somewhat disappointed in some of the choices for the primetime games. The NFL this year chose the Pats and Jets as the Thanksgiving nightcap, when those teams played on Thanksgiving fairly recently - the Pats just visited Detroit two years ago, and the Jets went to Dallas five years ago.

Neither of the other night games for Thanksgiving weekend that I predicted would be selected for primetime either.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Page 103 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast