Page 104 of 264 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Well, the Giants have the toughest schedule for next season. Hopefully they can hold strong.

I have to agree that there should have been a Packers vs Giants game or a Steelers vs Giants game for the opening game. Though I guess that they had a rivalry intention for the start of the season. Then again the only good thing that the Cowboys have is there cheerleaders which is kinds over exaggerated since that they ate basically what candy perverts have in America has since the LovePlus series has came out in North America and probably won't.

But hey, Excited for the Draft next week. Have to say that it's pretty obvious that Luck is the Number 1 over all pick while RG3 is Number 3. Though I do have to say that it isn't something that the Colts have done in the past. That being since there last Number 1 over all pick was a QB that didn't win th Heisman.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Man the Eagles have a pretty tough schedule.. I hope they can pull it together this year they finished strong last season but they had a terrible start..losing to the Seahawks and the Cardinals was just despicable.

Sort of surprised that the Saints still got a few primetime games.

I guess I was right when I called San Diego @ New Orleans was a going to be one of them. And I guess They had the Denver one chosen as well because of Manning.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Against Peyton and possibly Tebow right from the gate. Week 4 bye. 3 games in two weeks right after that. 2 Baltimore games in three weeks at the end of the season.

We got hosed.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

It's kind of ironic that while the Giants have the hardest schedule next season, the Patriots get the easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    It's kind of ironic that while the Giants have the hardest schedule next season, the Patriots get the easiest.
    Yeah, I don't get that. I think a few years ago when they almost when went undefeated they ended up with a really easy schedule the next year.

Maybe it's just a product of the division, since the Dolphins & Bills aren't usually good, and they play them twice. Although if that's the case then everyone in the AFC West would have an easy schedule this year.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    Eh, that never matters. The NFL landscape alters so radically from season-to-season that having the "easiest" or "hardest" schedule is pointless to say because such a large percentage of teams will flip from either good to bad or bad to good.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Eh, that never matters. The NFL landscape alters so radically from season-to-season that having the "easiest" or "hardest" schedule is pointless to say because such a large percentage of teams will flip from either good to bad or bad to good.
    Then again, the teams the Giants eliminated from the playoffs are going to be looking for revenge and they'll be playing the AFC North with 3 of the teams that made the playoffs. It's already hard enough that the Giants play in the NFC East and that RGIII might make a difference for the Redskins.

Also, everyone's thoughts on the Saints eavesdropping the opponent team's coaches?

Not reading too much into that. Its just someone trying to pile on the Saints since its so easy to do right now. What really ridiculous is that this allegedly happened 10 years ago, so to wait that long to come out with this is plain foolish and is obviously someone trying to cash in on the wounded Saints. The "unnamed source" has become really popular when accusing that Saints now, since all you have to do is say that the Saints did something awful without any proof and the non-thinking masses will just eat it up since they have been perceived as hired mercenaries now. The general consensus is "Well they were out trying to injure opposing players, so I wouldn't put anything past them now".

Not only would it be impossible for Loomis to actually listen in on opposing coaches since teams operate on different frequencies, but also he would need to know all the terminology that every team used. If there is one thing you need to know about Loomis, is that he is strictly a numbers guy. He can manage the salary cap with the best of them and make signings that others thought were impossible, but as far as X' and O's go he is about as informed as the average fan.

Pretty much everyone who was with the team at that time has completed regarded this a false story written by someone with an axe to grind with the team.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Anyone watching the draft?

It's exciting for skill position players with the top 3 picks being QB-QB-RB.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Wow, Dallas (my fav team) traded their pick to move up to #6, and they drafted one of my favorite college players, Morris Claiborne.

Excellent. Jerry Jones actually did something good for once.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I'm hearing some good things about possibly having a college football playoff. They say it'll only be 4 teams- although I'd like it to be more, its a start.

They're saying the Pro Bowl might be suspended or even cancelled. Does that really matter to anyone?

And, do you guys prefer the 1st round being on Thursday, or the way it used to be?
    Anyone watching the draft?

It's exciting for skill position players with the top 3 picks being QB-QB-RB.
    Nope, can't stand the draft coverage. If they decided not to have it on tv and just report the results (on like Sportscenter or something) I wouldn't blink an eye.

On the subject of the draft, I'm glad to see that the Chiefs didn't draft Tannahill (sp?)- he just doesn't seem like he'll be that good.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

^Hopefully the Pro Bowl goes and never comes back. The NFL easily has the worst all-star game.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

If the Pro Bowl goes, then the other leagues must get rid of their all-star games too. Especially baseball, where it is possible for one league to deny the other home field advantage in the World Series for a long period of time (the AL's streak meant for 8 straight years they had HFA in the World Series). I think the Pro Bowl should stay.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I think its more for the fact that during the Pro Bowl you can see players blatant holding back and are basically playing a notch above flag football. Both teams shouldn't rack up near 70 points let alone just one of them. If they aren't going to even try, why bother watching.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I can't wait to see RG3 play against the Eagles. I want to see the QB matchup of him and Vick.

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    If the Pro Bowl goes, then the other leagues must get rid of their all-star games too. Especially baseball, where it is possible for one league to deny the other home field advantage in the World Series for a long period of time (the AL's streak meant for 8 straight years they had HFA in the World Series). I think the Pro Bowl should stay.
    I don't really see why everyone else would get rid of their games. I think the problem for football is that so many fans love the violent nature of the game, while the players are less willing to be so violent in just an exhibition game.

However, you brought up a good point. Something I'm afraid of is Gooddell (sp?) will try to do something stupid (like the homefield thing in baseball) to try to place some sort of extra meaning on the game. Obviously the homefield thing isn't an issue for the Superbowl, but I'm sure there's some other crazy thing they could do.

In the end, I hope the decision is made more by the players then the commissioner

Honestly thought the player suspensions were going to be much harsher than what we got. Just 2 players doesn't sting that much. Although not having Vilma does hurt a lot.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Just hearing the tragic news about Junior Seau just tugs at my heartstrings(quoting lady from D/P/P safari zone). Its just another tragic yet devastating blow to the face of the NFL...Rest In Peace, Junior...
    Black FC: 0905-8396-1651
    Black 2 FC: 0734-2563-1464

LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING POKEMON:
    *UNTRAINED*

HAVE THE FOLLOWING FOR TRADE:
    Adamant + Jolly / Naďve / Naďve + Modest

LEGENDS:
    G1:
    G2:
    G3:
    G4:
    G5:

exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    I can't wait to see RG3 play against the Eagles. I want to see the QB matchup of him and Vick.
    yeah I didn't think I would, but I'm into the RG3 hype
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickster44 View Post
    Just hearing the tragic news about Junior Seau just tugs at my heartstrings(quoting lady from D/P/P safari zone). Its just another tragic yet devastating blow to the face of the NFL...Rest In Peace, Junior...
    Yeah things like this are crazy after seeing how passionate he was on the field...

on another note any opinions on who did best in the draft? Not to be picking hometown favorites but I really think the Patriots did great in grabbing Hightower and Jones in the first, but I want to see how Tavon does in the NFL, with all the criticism BB is getting for choosing him so early

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    But you've got to understand that week in and week out, these players play the game for their teams. But at the Pro Bowl, it's basically a pick-up game for them. And I know it's called football, but Drew Brees doesn't actually have to kick the ball, not sure if it was on the bounty list or not( just joking around, btw). But when you look around at other leagues, they have something the NFL doesn't: Skills Competitions. The NHL has their Skills Comp. for speed, finesse, accuracy, and power. The NBA is almost the same, and the MLB has the Derby.
    Black FC: 0905-8396-1651
    Black 2 FC: 0734-2563-1464

LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING POKEMON:
    *UNTRAINED*

HAVE THE FOLLOWING FOR TRADE:
    Adamant + Jolly / Naďve / Naďve + Modest

LEGENDS:
    G1:
    G2:
    G3:
    G4:
    G5:

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    I just can't wait to see RG3 play in general.
    I'm sick of sucking. I want to win. Although I don't think it's realistic for the Redskins to go over .500, maybe 9-7. But heck, with a record like that, we could make the playoffs.

We cut Gaffney today, which was surprising because he was our best receiver last year. We didn't even trade him, which is stupid because the Patriots just picked him up, so clearly there were teams who wanted him.
    I think it was a terrible decision. Oh well, just a small blemish on an otherwise good offseason.

I heard some more conference reallignment talk on the radio the other day . I've heard a lot about Notre Dame in the past- this guy suggested that Notre Dame would have to join a conference at some point. Does anyone have an opinion on that?

It seems to me that they could just stay independent forever. They've got a lot of tradition at Notre Dame, so recruits likely aren't suffering without a conference. And, in terms of money, it would seems joining a conference may cost them their tv deal, so I don't see the positives of them joining somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Same here, along with Luck. Although the hype for both is so great that there'll probably be some dissapointment.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    I'm sick of sucking. I want to win. Although I don't think it's realistic for the Redskins to go over .500, maybe 9-7. But heck, with a record like that, we could make the playoffs.

We cut Gaffney today, which was surprising because he was our best receiver last year. We didn't even trade him, which is stupid because the Patriots just picked him up, so clearly there were teams who wanted him.
    I think it was a terrible decision. Oh well, just a small blemish on an otherwise good offseason.
    Yeah I wondered why the Redskins let him go, but whatever, nice pick up by the Pats

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Page 104 of 264 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast