Page 106 of 264 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Eagles still have that horrible defense.. they seriously need to get it in gear I don't want to look at another humiliating season this year : (
    It's preseason...

The Detroit Lions went 4-0 in preseason during their 0-16 year. No need to worry. But I hate the Eagles so I do hope their defense really is bad in the regular season.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    It's preseason...

The Detroit Lions went 4-0 in preseason during their 0-16 year. No need to worry. But I hate the Eagles so I do hope their defense really is bad in the regular season.
    Preseason or not.. they still need to work on defense oh well at least they won.

Well my predictions for the NFC North will be this:
    Packers 12-4
    Bears 11-5
    Lions 10-6
    Vikings 6-10
    I think it will be a tight race for their division this year. It should be an exciting and interesting season to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I've spent the last few weeks bemoaning the Seahawks' quarterback situation. I've fretted that Matt Flynn is Kevin Kolb 2.0 and that Russell Wilson is too short to excel in the NFL.

Tonight, for the first time, I've allowed myself to get excited. Russell Wilson looks like the TRUTH out there.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by thedehydrator View Post
    Well my predictions for the NFC North will be this:
    Packers 12-4
    Bears 11-5
    Lions 10-6
    Vikings 6-10
    I think it will be a tight race for their division this year. It should be an exciting and interesting season to watch.
    I agree with how tight the division will be, but I have the Packers at 13-3, Bears at 11-5, and Lions around 9 or 10 wins. I cannot fathom the Vikings getting 6 wins with a hindered AP, a young TE, and no secondary. Maybe 4-5 wins tops thanks to Jared Allen...

I disagree with how you guys are treating the Eagles. The pass rush is superior to almost every team in the league. I specualte that those getting cut will be picked up relatively quickly by those who need help. The Eagles will be cutting at least 2-3 more on the D-Line with the 8-9 man rotation of at least Babin, Cole, Patterson, Cox, Jenkins, Curry, Graham, and more. Kendricks has really established himself as a force at ROLB and DRC is becoming a good outside corner, where he won his Pro Bowl spot a few years back. What concerns me, Nnamdi is still committing too many penalties, the LOLB spot currently held by Brian Rolle, and safety depth because Jaiquan Jarrett is likely to get cut with his disappointing preseason.

If the team stays healthy, I am going with a 12-13 win season.

Manager of:

Watch the Power of Aura!

White FC: 0691 1059 6854

Ladies and Gentlemen, the start of the 2012 NCAA season is just THREE DAYS AWAY!! I know it sounds cheesy, but stand up, be loud and yell for your team! Anyone making it to any games this week?

Speaking of NCAA football, here's a classic theme used by ABC in the early 1990s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f4n7jV7i7o
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I'm not as much into NCAA. Probably because I graduated from Pitt.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

GO GATORS!

Honestly I have no idea what to expect record wise. Our defense will be among the best. Offense? Huge gigantic massive question mark

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I'm not as much into NCAA. Probably because I graduated from Pitt.

Ehh... Big East schools have always been about basketball, for the most part anyway.

I'm excited that my school will be joining the Big East in 2013.

Also, GO COWBOYS!!!!!
    Last edited by ebevan91; 29th August 2012 at 12:19 AM.

I hate the NCAA. The rules are so dumb!

Chargers fan......thanks Cowboys for knocking out Brown for half our season you buttholes. Also our RB broke his collarbone on his first carry...Matthews is no ladanian tomlinson by any imagination but i was expecting more than two injury plagued seasons and barely rushing for 1000 yards. Rivers is going to have a hard time this year but hopefully our defense is solid thanks to drafting two beasts from South Carolina and LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by dd1zzle View Post
    I hate the NCAA. The rules are so dumb!
    Especially the rules regarding extra benefits. My #1 team Ohio State got a bowl ban because of this. I think the NFL should allow players to enter the league as early as after their freshman season at college, to cut down on such rulebreakings and allow players to get the all the amenities of being a pro earlier. 3 years is too long a wait to be able to trade memorabilia for tattoos.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Especially the rules regarding extra benefits. My #1 team Ohio State got a bowl ban because of this. I think the NFL should allow players to enter the league as early as after their freshman season at college, to cut down on such rulebreakings and allow players to get the all the amenities of being a pro earlier. 3 years is too long a wait to be able to trade memorabilia for tattoos.
    Well of course you think that. it happened to your team.

I'm worried for the Chiefs. I know it's the preseason, but when the starters have been playing they haven't really looked very good.

Does anyone else think it's weird that teams talk about not using their full playbook in preseason? I mean, once the season starts, everything's on the table- saving stuff doesn't really surprise anyone except maybe your first opponent.
    2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aw-right. I'm excited for michigan-alabama, and the start of the season in general.

Unfortunately, it's also the year Missouri moves to the SEC and starts sucking forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Well of course you think that. it happened to your team.
    I lol'd at this
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Unfortunately, it's also the year Missouri moves to the SEC and starts sucking forever.
    I have faith that Mizzou will win an SEC title within 5 years
    -----

So what college teams does everyone follow?

Quote Originally Posted by LordCBH View Post
    South Carolina

South Carolina
    I think Spurrier's doing a great job there.

Florida.

Not so good right now, but I like our coach and think he has us on the right track

Florida.

Not so good right now, but I like our coach and think he has us on the right track
    I think Muschamp will get Florida where the fans want it to be. He's a good coach, I feel, who is trying to perfect his system. Florida will be a lot better this season than last, especially with the experience.

Florida.

I'm a Florida fan too. I think the Gators have a chance to get to the SEC Championship. East seems down this year, and I hate Georgia. ;-)
    White FC: 1163-0532-1319, Name: Budoy

Hurricane Issac is wreaking havoc on the college football schedule already. The Texas A&M-Louisiana Tech game was postponed until October 13, and LSU canceled practice today. Don't know how many more games will be affected yet. So stay tuned.

EDIT: Notice how most BCS titles have been won by schools from the South? And it's not just SEC teams either. ACC and Big 12 teams from the South have also won BCS titles. The one official title that wasn't won by a school from the South was won by a school that's not even bowl eligible this year of course. In fact, since the 1950s, most AP, Coaches, Bowl Coalition, Bowl Alliance, and BCS titles have been won by teams from the South. It seems like the South is king of college football.

EDIT 2: For all intents and purposes, I used the Census Bureau definition of "South" which includes Maryland, Delaware, West Virginia, and DC.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 30th August 2012 at 3:31 AM.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Budoy View Post
    I'm a Florida fan too. I think the Gators have a chance to get to the SEC Championship. East seems down this year, and I hate Georgia. ;-)
    That depends entirely of the offense. Specifically the QB. One of Brisset or Driskel has to step up. The defense is there.

I think Spurrier's doing a great job there.
    They're not actually my favorite team though. My favorite team sucks and only wins maybe 1 or 2 games per year. But I've always liked Spurrier.

Page 106 of 264 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast