Page 107 of 264 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    They're not actually my favorite team though. My favorite team sucks and only wins maybe 1 or 2 games per year. But I've always liked Spurrier.
    I can see where you're coming from. I'm gearing up to go to a game tonight for a team that won 2 games last year.

Who are everyone's favorite college football announcers? Among those that are still active, I like Brent Musberger and Kirk Herbstreit.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Who are everyone's favorite college football announcers? Among those that are still active, I like Brent Musberger and Kirk Herbstreit.
    The only ones I ever hear are Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson, since I pretty much only watch the SEC.

I hear Brent occasionally. He's so calm when he calling the games.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I don't know if I particularly have a favorite...If it was for NFL teams, I'd easily have to go with the Titans radio guy, Mike Keith.

We also got a couple of former and future conference rivalries on the schedule.

Former:
    UCF at Akron (tonight) - from 2002-04, UCF's football program was with Akron in the Mid-American Conference

Massachusetts at Connecticut (tonight) - for decades, the two were Yankee Conference rivals. Beginning in 1997, the Yankee Conference became the Atlantic 10 Football Conference, which in turn became the Colonial Athletic Association Football Conference in 2007 (by that point, UConn had left to join FBS and the Big East in football).

Eastern Washington at Idaho (tonight) - From 1987-95, they were in the Big Sky together. Idaho will rejoin the Big Sky except for football in 2013, though I think they should be in the Mountain West, which gives them a better schedule than being independent.

Future:
    Villanova at Temple (Friday) - Temple football rejoins the Big East this year. Their other sports will follow next year. Villanova has been a BE member for years, though they are not one in football like Temple.
    -----

We also got a couple of former and future conference rivalries on the schedule.

Former:
    UCF at Akron (tonight) - from 2002-04, UCF's football program was with Akron in the Mid-American Conference

Massachusetts at Connecticut (tonight) - for decades, the two were Yankee Conference rivals. Beginning in 1997, the Yankee Conference became the Atlantic 10 Football Conference, which in turn became the Colonial Athletic Association Football Conference in 2007 (by that point, UConn had left to join FBS and the Big East in football).

Eastern Washington at Idaho (tonight) - From 1987-95, they were in the Big Sky together. Idaho will rejoin the Big Sky except for football in 2013, though I think they should be in the Mountain West, which gives them a better schedule than being independent.

Future:
    Villanova at Temple (Friday) - Temple football rejoins the Big East this year. Their other sports will follow next year. Villanova has been a BE member for years, though they are not one in football like Temple.
    I don't have too many rivalries to watch this week, but I'm expecting my Middle Tennessee to beat McNeese State. I'm really looking forward to Auburn/Clemson on Saturday though.

Speaking of rivalries, we've seen realignment destroy some of the more famed ones, like Texas-Texas A&M, Kansas-Missouri, and Pitt-West Virginia.

It also has the ability to create new ones, such as UCF-USF. I think that will be the next great rivalry that will rivet college football nation, with both teams playing memorable games and regularly affecting the national title race.
    -----

Speaking of rivalries, we've seen realignment destroy some of the more famed ones, like Texas-Texas A&M, Kansas-Missouri, and Pitt-West Virginia.

It also has the ability to create new ones, such as UCF-USF. I think that will be the next great rivalry that will rivet college football nation, with both teams playing memorable games and regularly affecting the national title race.
    As far as Texas A&M goes, I know they have Arkansas, btu who else do you think they could get a really awesome in conference rivalry going with?

Quote Originally Posted by LordCBH View Post
    As far as Texas A&M goes, I know they have Arkansas, btu who else do you think they could get a really awesome in conference rivalry going with?
    They have a rivalry with LSU that was dormant for many years until the Cotton Bowl a couple years ago. Incidentally, I'm predicting that A&M play Texas in this season's Cotton Bowl. As far as I can remember Fox has never aired a Texas-Texas A&M game, and they would if those teams met in the Cotton Bowl, as it currently airs on Fox.

While I'm on that subject, I'm predicting a Pitt-West Virginia meeting in the Pinstripe Bowl, which matches the Big East and Big 12.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 30th August 2012 at 11:48 PM.
    -----

I did manage to get my hands on tickets for the Auburn home game against Texas A&M. I'm super excited about that.

They're not actually my favorite team though. My favorite team sucks and only wins maybe 1 or 2 games per year. But I've always liked Spurrier.
    I <3 Spurrier. he put UF on the map.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

CBS could feature Florida more if the network were allowed to broadcast primetime football every week of the season. Being able to air TWO SEC games a week would bring in more viewers to CBS IMO.

Speaking of CBS, A&M's best chance to appear on the network is the Arkansas game right now. Maybe the LSU game too.

EDIT: Season has officially started. Right now, I am listening to the UCF-Akron game on Fox Sports 1350 and watching S Carolina-Vanderbilt on ESPN at the same time. I'm divided on who I want to win the former game, but I am surely rooting for Vandy in the latter. Why? The bro of my fav NFL player Aaron Rodgers is playing for Vandy.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 31st August 2012 at 1:12 AM.
    -----

Here's my draft from tonight. Twelve team keeper league. I came in second place last year, so I drafted 11th.

1 (11) Larry Fitzgerald
    2 (14) Ryan Matthews
    3 (35) Percy Harvin
    4 (38) Ahmad Bradshaw
    5 (59) Peyton Hillis
    6 (62) Stevan Ridley
    7 (83) Eli Manning (keeper from 2011-2012)
    8 (86) Tony Gonzalez
    9 (107) Steve Smith CAROLINA (keeper from 2011-2012)
    10 (110) Michael Bush
    11 (131) Russell Wilson
    12 (134) SEATTLE
    13 (155) Greg Little
    14 (158) Robbie Gould

I'm...not in love with this team. I wish I could have done better than Fitzgerald as my first pick since his QB situation is SO bad. I know I reached for Matthews as an early second round pick, but there were no quality RBs left at that point, and in the unlikely event he stays healthy, he should put up a ton of points. Matthews and Bradshaw as my starting RBs make me cry a lot, but I drafted a ton of backups for them, in Hillis, Ridley, and Bush.

Despite my deluge of backup RBs, I really only have Percy Harvin behind Larry and Steve Smith, which is kind of scary because I think he's pretty overrated. Greg Little is there, but...I dunno. The Browns' passing game is a scary thing.

I wanted to wait longer on Wilson as my backup QB, but Luck and Griffin went way back in round 7 or 8, and I saw the guy with the corner picks 132 and 133 needed a backup to Peyton Manning, so I grabbed him out of fear. Worst case scenario, I'll cut him if he stinks for another guy to play during Eli's bye week. Best case, he's awesome, and I use him as a keeper for next year.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

I didn't realize until now that the pre-season ends tonight. I'm excited to get the season on the road.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

If you guys will excuse me, I have some Middle Tennessee gear to go burn...and a coach to try and run out of town.....Final score was 27-21 McNeese, but it should have been 27-6....Our attempt at a comeback was a complete fluke. I thought 2-10 was the worst we could go (last season, 2-10), but it seems we're trying to be the worst team in Division I....I see 0-12 coming fast.

The Big East wants to add a 14th football school. I think it's a no-brainer. It's obvious who should be joining: Villanova. The BE wants to make its rivalry with Temple a conference one in football, it will be one in other sports starting next year. This would give BE football 7 non-Southern schools and 7 Southern schools. This is how the divisions should be split for football.

Blue:
    Boise State
    Cincinnati
    Connecticut
    Rutgers
    San Diego State
    Temple
    Villanova

Gray:
    Central Florida
    Houston
    Louisville
    Memphis
    Navy
    South Florida
    Southern Methodist

Cincinnati-Louisville would be a protected crossover game but no other crossovers would get this benefit.
    -----

I could see that (mostly) happening, although I don't think Navy would go. I think they'd rather remain Independent for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCBH View Post
    I could see that (mostly) happening, although I don't think Navy would go. I think they'd rather remain Independent for some reason.
    It's been confirmed that Navy football will in fact join the Big East in 2015.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-football-2015

I feel the Blue-Gray split brings out the overall rivalry between the South and the rest of the nation in college football.
    -----

It's been confirmed that Navy football will in fact join the Big East in 2015.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-football-2015

I feel the Blue-Gray split brings out the overall rivalry between the South and the rest of the nation in college football.
    Oh wow. I'm a little shocked.

ROLL TIDE

And LOL PENN STATE
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

ROLL TIDE

And LOL PENN STATE
    I'm predicting no better than 4-8 for PSU this year, making the bowl ban irrelevant for this season.
    -----

ROLL TIDE

And LOL PENN STATE
    yeah...Bama whipping up on the "class" of the Big 10.

I miss the days when Florida was good.

Also, poor Savannah State O_O

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    yeah...Bama whipping up on the "class" of the Big 10.

I miss the days when Florida was good.

Also, poor Savannah State O_O
    As an OhSU fan I am obligated to root against Michigan, so I am happy UM is losing too.

The NCAA should also institute a mercy rule too. If I was ref, there would have been no way that I allow OkSU and Sav State to play the second half.
    -----

As an OhSU fan I am obligated to root against Michigan, so I am happy UM is losing too.

The NCAA should also institute a mercy rule too. If I was ref, there would have been no way that I allow OkSU and Sav State to play the second half.
    Ahhh....You better hope you never have a tough season or Urban Liar will need to "spend time with his family" again. That coward quit on UF when he saw Saban and Miles were leaving him in the dust.

Just to show you how full of BS the guy is, he has said twice since getting to OSU that Miller is the best QB he has ever had. This coming from a guy who had Alex Smith and Tim Tebow

I'm predicting no better than 4-8 for PSU this year, making the bowl ban irrelevant for this season.
    Yeah, I believe that PSU won't win many games this year as well although they should be competitive against many teams on their schedule. Well the bowl ban will probably be irrelevant for this season and their next few seasons as they'll probably have a difficult time recruiting 4 star and 5 star players. This year is going to be their best shot at a winning record throughout their bowl ban and a few years after that as well.
    Trade Shop: The Office of Shinies, Events, and More (I am on indefinite hiatus in trading so please no PMs regarding trades)

Page 107 of 264 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast