Page 109 of 264 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 6600

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Ah. Yeah, I understand that. Like it's weird to me that Boise State will be going to the Big East.

Also, still curious why you think Missouri will win the SEC within 5 years.
    I have faith in Mizzou. And Texas A&M for that matter.

Ultimately I want Boise in the Big 12. The Big 12 IMO really needs to have a school in the West to impress the networks that air Big 12 games - Boise State being the best fit.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Ah. Yeah, I understand that. Like it's weird to me that Boise State will be going to the Big East.

Also, still curious why you think Missouri will win the SEC within 5 years.
    Saban pretty much has the SEC locked up for a few years. Les Miles, maybe.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    I have faith in Mizzou. And Texas A&M for that matter.

Ultimately I want Boise in the Big 12. The Big 12 IMO really needs to have a school in the West to impress the networks that air Big 12 games - Boise State being the best fit.
    Eh, I have no faith, but I hope you're right.

And before A&M & Missouri left, I wanted TCU and Boise in the Big 12- TCU, because it's right in Big 12 country, and Boise, because in sort of fits the western/midwestern 'theme' of the Big 12 (in my mind).

I'm still annoyed at Missouri for leaving. It was always the others guys threatening to tear the league apart, and then it turned out to be Missouri- and after the big southern schools commited to staying. I've been a Missouri fan my whole life, but them leaving almost turned me into a hater.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Well, TCU is in the Big 12, and they are in fact my favorite to win the Big 12 title this year.

In addition to Boise State, I see Cincinnati, Louisville, Memphis, Houston, and SMU all joining the Big 12 by 2020.
    -----

Player suspensions tossed out the door? Smith cleared to play tomorrow and Vilma allowed back at the facilities?

I'm digging it.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Well Penn State lost again today. It's looking more and more like a losing season is in the works for the Nittany Lions. So with or without the bowl ban, they would still be ineligible for a bowl game because you usually have to have at least 6 wins to play in a bowl.
    -----

Well, despite Missouri's loss, I have to say they did better then I thought, espectially the defense (until some turnovers gave Georgia some short fields). I'd expected much less, so I'm excited to see what they can do next.

Also, ouch for Savannah State. That'd have to suck for those players, to get drilled like that 2 weeks in a row. In related news, Oklahoma State loses by 21 to Arizona- weird. Maybe some karma for booking such an easy game to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Player suspensions tossed out the door? Smith cleared to play tomorrow and Vilma allowed back at the facilities?
    I can't help but imagine Goodell sitting in his office with smoke coming out of his ears after that.

That's not the end, though, right? They can still be re-suspended if more evidence is provided or something, can't they?
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Huge, huge upsets last night.

La Monroe (Sunbelt) over #8 Arkansas (34-31 in OT)
    South Florida over Nevada (32-31)
    Oregon State over #13 Wisconsin (10-7)
    UCLA over #16 Nebraska (36-30)
    Arizona over #18 Oklahoma State (59-38)

Other Upsets and Notable Scores:
    Mississippi State over Auburn (28-10)
    Northwestern over Vanderbilt (23-13)
    Virginia over Penn State (17-16)
    Sacramento State (FCS) over Colorado (30-28)
    Rice over Kansas (25-24)
    South Alabama (Sunbelt) over Nicholls State (FCS) (9-6)
    North Dakota State (FCS) over Colorado State (22-7)

Louisiana Monroe now has recorded wins over Arkansas, Alabama, and Mississippi State. ULM looks to top a bad Auburn (fml....) team next week.

Well, despite Missouri's loss, I have to say they did better then I thought, espectially the defense (until some turnovers gave Georgia some short fields). I'd expected much less, so I'm excited to see what they can do next.

Also, ouch for Savannah State. That'd have to suck for those players, to get drilled like that 2 weeks in a row. In related news, Oklahoma State loses by 21 to Arizona- weird. Maybe some karma for booking such an easy game to start.
    I can't help but imagine Goodell sitting in his office with smoke coming out of his ears after that.

That's not the end, though, right? They can still be re-suspended if more evidence is provided or something, can't they?
    FSU has one of the easiest schedules I have ever seen. Its shameful really. No wonder they are expected to be in the championship.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

If he had the evidence in the first place, then why didn't he just show it is all I'm wondering. This all could have been avoided if he simply been forthcoming in the first place. Show that the Saints had been putting up money for intentionally injuring players. All it was, was nothing more than a player putting up cash saying "I bet I get an interception this game" or "I bet I get the first sack of the game", something that current and retired players have admitted that it has been going on for years. Nobody was going out there trying to end someone's career. He tried to paint it as "bounties" and have them trialed in the court of public opinion instead of what was factually correct. So now unless he can prove there was an intent to injure, then he can't do anything. That was the main point the Appeals Board got across to him. He overstepped his boundaries and someone needed to put him in check.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Eagles won their first game, but played terribly. The only reason they won is because of the Browns offense, but their turnovers, missed field goal, and penalties will definitely cost them the game against the Ravens next week.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

No other reason for the Saints loss is that they played horrible all around. No other excuse than that.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Seelöwe View Post
    Eagles won their first game, but played terribly. The only reason they won is because of the Browns offense, but their turnovers, missed field goal, and penalties will definitely cost them the game against the Ravens next week.
    Yeah, there's absolutely nothing to be happy about with that game. I don't care if Philadelphia won, that was still one of the worst offensive performances, and one of the ugliest games, I can remember sitting through. Between Vick and Weedon, it really was a contest to see who could play worse.

For how bad my Patriots Rush Defense has been in the past couple of seasons, they sure were dominant today. I'm also not used to seeing them have a balanced attack, but they were able to pass and run pretty well. I'll take that as a good sign. As an offense, they picked up on the weaknesses in the titans defense almost instantly and exploited it all day long. Here's hoping for another good season.

Chris Johnson had 4 rushing yards....4? I may be a Patriots fan, but I also love the Titans....even against our obviously improved defense, CJ should have had way more than 4 yards. CJ is a prime example as to why contracts should have performance clauses. He basically went "I have my money, so screw it."

This is really a bad day for me. The Browns lost, the Packers are losing, what else could go wrong today?
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    Between Vick and Weedon, it really was a contest to see who could play worse.
    They both threw four interceptions, and I don't think I've ever seen a game when the two QBs played more poorly than Vick and Weeden did today. Vick and the team as a whole better start improving because the Eagles have a pretty tough schedule ahead of them.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

I'm glad I chose to watch the Saints/Redskins game today. It was pretty good, for Washington of course. I guess the Redskins are my secondary team this year. Glad to see RG3 debut with a win in the freaking Superdome.

Steelers/Broncos is the real game for me today though.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

My Bucs shut down Cam Newton and the Pathers today. 10 yards rushing for Carolina.

I really hope the Broncos can beat the Steelers and salvage my day.
    -----

I want to see Manning on the ground most of the game. I won't be watching. I think there may be too much Fivehead and Ego between Manning and Elway for my TV to handle.

I'm hoping for the same. Quite frankly, right now the broncos are winning 22-19. Thank lord
    Edit: Woooooo broncos. I'm sorry critics, but what was that about how manning was unreliable being 36 years old coming off of rehab? Course who were we kidding, we're talking about peyton manning. Against the steeler's defense. Yup.
    Last edited by BGP_; 10th September 2012 at 5:41 AM.

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    I'm hoping for the same. Quite frankly, right now the broncos are winning 22-19. Thank lord
    Edit: Woooooo broncos. I'm sorry critics, but what was that about how manning was unreliable being 36 years old coming off of rehab? Course who were we kidding, we're talking about peyton manning. Against the steeler's defense. Yup.
    We'll see how he holds up over the season. Its been one game. he looked good, but can he keep taking NFL hits over 16 games? I'm skeptical

PS: how many of you were actually broncos fans before Manning went there?
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 10th September 2012 at 6:57 AM.

Thank the lord that Eagles won last week, 49er's and Broncos won it.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Steelers lost, that kind of sucks. I didn't see the game because I had a meeting, but from looking at the stat sheet and highlights it looked like the issues (the O-line and running game) were exactly the issues that I expected them to have. I'm not too upset because I don't see them winning the Super Bowl this year, but I will be knocking my win total for the season down from 12-4/11-5 to 11-5/10-6 because I figured that with the revenge factor they'd be able to beat the Broncos.

I nearly lost my survivor pool (pretty much ESPN's Eliminator Challenge by another name) because of the Eagles having problems with the freaking Browns. Fortunately Brandon Weeden is colorblind and the Eagles managed to pull out a win. It's a good thing I got the Eagles out of the way now, because I don't think i'd be willing to use them any other week this season.

The President has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President?
    Yes [ ]
    No- [ ]

Quote Originally Posted by Seelöwe View Post
    They both threw four interceptions, and I don't think I've ever seen a game when the two QBs played more poorly than Vick and Weeden did today. Vick and the team as a whole better start improving because the Eagles have a pretty tough schedule ahead of them.
    The biggest issue in all this is that the NFC East actually looks rather strong this year, with even the Redskins looking better than they've been in a long while. If Philadelphia can barely survive against the Browns, I'm going to hate to see where we'll rank in comparison to the rest of them. Hopefully it's just one bad game and we'll be better next week, but it's rather concerning.

Page 109 of 264 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast