Page 11 of 248 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    No, it's perfectly reasonable to pick the guy who you know can play over someone who has yet to play in an NFL game.
    Sorry, but I just don't see how it's reasonable. The only advantage Tebow has of Cam is that he played a season in the NFL and Cam didn't. That's it. Until we see Cam play in the NFL then we will see the advantage of those two.

And NFL teams that just want a backup QB don't draft them in the 2nd round. They clearly expected Jimmy to eventually be a starter.
    Matt Moore was planned to start over Jimmy after his breakout season as I said but after he failed as the starting QB, Jimmy was awarded the starting job which he didn't do that well himself causing the Panthers to switch between Jimmy and Matt at the QB position mostly every game they played.

But anyway, I'm praying to God that Cam will an elite QB and prove those haters wrong.

No matter where you are, I will always be right by your side~

[QUOTE=Nightwing;13126025]Sorry, but I just don't see how it's reasonable. The only advantage Tebow has of Cam is that he played a season in the NFL and Cam didn't. That's it. Until we see Cam play in the NFL then we will see the advantage of those two.QUOTE]

I don't know. Cam has come off as a "me first" kind of guy in his college career. not the brightest guy either. Got kicked off Florida for theft of a laptop. Also remember that Cam was never able to beat out Tebow for the starting job at Florida

We will see in a couple of years, but I think cam's off the field issues will catch up with him eventually and he will end up like Vince Young. and mark my words, the investigation into Auburn's alleged buying of Cam Newtwon is not over. This will be a reggie bush kind of deal where he is stripped of his college accomplishments a few years down the road. Being a guy that seems to like to be in the spotlight, I don't think he will handle having his heisman stripped very well.

You don't want a rookie that sees himself as an "icon" before he ever steps on the field. If I had a choice between him and Josh Freeman on the bucs...I would take Josh Freeman and not give Newton a second look. I don't want my QB to feel entitled.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 3rd August 2011 at 7:59 PM.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Sorry, but I just don't see how it's reasonable. The only advantage Tebow has of Cam is that he played a season in the NFL and Cam didn't. That's it. Until we see Cam play in the NFL then we will see the advantage of those two.
    I don't know. Cam has come off as a "me first" kind of guy in his college career. not the brightest guy either. Got kicked off Florida for theft of a laptop. Also remember that Cam was never able to beat out Tebow for the starting job at Florida

We will see in a couple of years, but I think cam's off the field issues will catch up with him eventually and he will end up like Vince Young.
    I don't think his off the field issues will affect his game play. Most NFL stars had off the field issues when they got in and most of them have/had a Hall of Fame career.

No matter where you are, I will always be right by your side~

It's perfectly reasonable way to evaluate players if you have to pay the guy's contract and your franchise rests on his shoulders. I'm not saying Cam sucks but he's an unproven commodity and a one-year wonder, a risky bet. Jimmy was the first pick by Carolina; they definitely saw him as a QB of the future. It was a pretty good QB class, and he was projected to be one of the more promising picks with the right development. And they picked Tony Pike later, now that's a backup QB pick. And then you're blessed/cursed with the #1 pick, and you draft another QB?

Maybe it's just another sign of the ineptitude of the Carolina management.

I have claimed Giratina

Oh come on Psycho, you don't like Rex Ryan's foot fetishes? :P
    Well, honestly, I actually feel bad for him that that got out. Seems like it would be pretty embarassing. Although from what I've seen of his personality, he may not have cared at all. But I'm sick of hearing people mention it on TV, and basically sick of hearing about him shooting his mouth off all the time. I'm a fairly quiet person though, which may be why all his talking bothers me more then it does other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    He has a winning record against the Patriots so it's not all bad. Plus, he's probably just talking smack like that since if no other teams beat the Patriots, the Jets will never win the AFC East. Last year for example, the Patriots went 14-2 and they were only beaten by the Jets and the Browns. The Jets aren't going to go 15-1 in the regular season and everyone knows that.
    I know they beat twice (and once in the playoffs), but the way he said that was like he owned them. And saying that sort of shows his teams flaws; if other teams have to beat the Patriots, it implies the Jets couldn't win enough of their other games.

I don't know, maybe I'm just a hater...
    IMO Cam=Vince Young.
    I assume you mean it they walked onto the field right now they'd be equal, and not that Newton will have the same career path as Young. While I can't promise that won't occur, I haven't seen anything from Newton in the NFL so far, so I won't bury him yet.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Well, honestly, I actually feel bad for him that that got out. Seems like it would be pretty embarassing. Although from what I've seen of his personality, he may not have cared at all. But I'm sick of hearing people mention it on TV, and basically sick of hearing about him shooting his mouth off all the time. I'm a fairly quiet person though, which may be why all his talking bothers me more then it does other people.
    I know they beat twice (and once in the playoffs), but the way he said that was like he owned them. And saying that sort of shows his teams flaws; if other teams have to beat the Patriots, it implies the Jets couldn't win enough of their other games.

I assume you mean it they walked onto the field right now they'd be equal, and not that Newton will have the same career path as Young. While I can't promise that won't occur, I haven't seen anything from Newton in the NFL so far, so I won't bury him yet.
    I meant that I think that cam won't be able to handle the pressure of the NFL, like Vince wasn't able to. Cam has not handled being booed by his own fans before.

He owns them when it counts it seems.

As for Cam, I expect him to struggle simply because of the shortened pre-season. Nothing much I have to say about him.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

The only way I see that being a big deal is if they use him a in a double quarterback formation. It might work, but it seems like I hear people suggesting that in other places and it never happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey902
    I'm an Eagles fan too, but I don't see a big deal in signing Vince Young either. He may have some effect, but I don't see him being a key player. The Eagles did get a lot of good players though.
    I didn't make a big deal out of it. I said it because it is a notable acquisition......on the offense, while that one post was talking about the defensive acquisitions. The Young signing is more of a "oh, cool.........why?" signing. But I guess its good to have an extra piece.
    Well met, friend! This is my signature.

How do people think the western teams will do (both conferences). I'd say last year both weren't as strong.

I have claimed Giratina

A lot of people are saying Cam Newton won't do well in the NFL, and I slightly agree. He didn't meet with any of the coaches yet, so I don't think he'll be as good as he was in college.

Btw PKMN Trainer Rex, you're real funny.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

vince signing is irrevelant i hope we don't see him on the field all season hopefully mick stays healthy. cam newton has a better throwing motion and accuracy than tebow from what we've seen. tebow has good running ability but cam's better and tebow seems to take a lot of unecessary hits which is dangerous in the nfl.cam has a great big arm while tebow's marginal at best. i know we haven't seen cam play in the nfl but cams the better QB in my opinion. there's only one michael vick.
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

How do people think the western teams will do (both conferences). I'd say last year both weren't as strong.
    The NFC West will probably remain a joke of a conference depending on what Kolb can do in Arizona. The AFC West will probably be just the Chargers again since Denver doesn't know what it's doing and the Raiders are the Raiders. Kansas City can probably take the WEST too though so it's more of a two-team race I guess since they won it last year.

Rams and Chargers will win their divisions. NFC West will continue to fall short of .500. Chiefs will disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    Btw PKMN Trainer Rex, you're real funny.
    Ummm....thanks?
    Well met, friend! This is my signature.

The USA TODAY Coaches poll for the College FB season is up!

I have claimed Giratina

It's pre-season so it doesn't matter. It's funny to see Auburn all the way down in the lower teens though. Not much faith without Newton and Fairly I guess.

With a brand new coaching staff, Mushcamp has put together the #4 recruiting class in the country at UF. Not bad for his first year on the job before even winning a game.

With a brand new coaching staff, Mushcamp has put together the #4 recruiting class in the country at UF. Not bad for his first year on the job before even winning a game.
    Florida sucking at recruiting is unheard of. And Muschamp was penciled in as the heir apparent at Texas, so it's not as significant as you think. And later on you can pull the Nick Saben/Les Miles argument. And Florida is a top 3 recruiting state of course.

I have claimed Giratina

Florida sucking at recruiting is unheard of. And Muschamp was penciled in as the heir apparent at Texas, so it's not as significant as you think. And later on you can pull the Nick Saben/Les Miles argument. And Florida is a top 3 recruiting state of course.
    Still impressive for a first year coach to pull a top 5 class, especially with the mess meyer left. Had to rebuild pretty much the entire staff.
    Yes I know about Muschamp's history. I'm a gator fan I am just glad he is as advertised recruiting wise.

Yeah, last year the west was probably the weakest in both leagues. Let's see, I'd say the Chargers will take the AFC side, unless the Chiefs can manage to challenge them. For the NFC side, probably the Rams, but it depends on how Kolb works out in Arizona.
    The USA TODAY Coaches poll for the College FB season is up!
    I wish they'd hold off on ranking the teams until at least a few games are played. It seems like your preseason rank unfairly biases your future rank. Although the program's name seems to unfairly bias the rank, so waiting a bit probably wouldn't matter.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Missouri up there. Hopefully they won't suck. Although now that the Big 12 has only 10 they have to play Texas and Oklahoma, so there'll probably be at least one loss with those two. They beat the number 1 Sooners last year (AWESOME!!!), but the match this year will probably be in OK, where they haven't lost in like 50 games or something.

Also interested to see how TCU fares in the Big East, and if they might be allowed to be a legit championship contender now that they're in a BCS conference.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

NFC West have the Rams winning it. Cardinals are going to take awhile getting Kolb up to steam this year and the other 2 (Seahawks and 49ers) share the same story with their QBs. (49ers might not even have a decent QB to start with)
    The AFC West will be a different story. The Chargers or Cheifs will take the crown probably, Just because they come better equiped. Plus, the Broncos are dumb as sh*t when they use KYLE F**KING ORTON instead of their FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK TIM TEBOW. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO THAT?
    Oh and the Raiders just suck. They have for awhile.
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG

ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    NFC West have the Rams winning it. Cardinals are going to take awhile getting Kolb up to steam this year and the other 2 (Seahawks and 49ers) share the same story with their QBs. (49ers might not even have a decent QB to start with)
    The AFC West will be a different story. The Chargers or Cheifs will take the crown probably, Just because they come better equiped. Plus, the Broncos are dumb as sh*t when they use KYLE F**KING ORTON instead of their FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK TIM TEBOW. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO THAT?
    Tebow is only in his second year. he needs to sit a while longer. When orton struggles this year, Denver will give Tebow his shot. (I am a gator fan btw, I just think tebow has a little more work to do)

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Couple of things to say here.
    First I'm biased because I'm a Seahawks fan but watch out for us this year. Ok Tarvais Jackson isn't that great of a QB and may just be a stop-gap until we draft (or sign) our next franchise quarterback, but we've surrounded him with a lot of good weapons. Sidney Rice, Mike Williams, Golden Tate and Ben Obomanu make up a nice group of receivers and we signed Zach Miller (an excellent blocker and pass catcher) who can help both our running and passing games. Marshawn Lynch and Justin Forsett form a nice little running game so Jackson won't have to pass all the time plus he can contribute with his feet unlike the immobile Matt Hasselbeck.

Second, why are the Broncos using Orton? I agree they should have traded him whilst his value is high to make way for their Franchise QB Tebow but maybe they are keeping Orton around because he threw 20 TDs to 9 INTs last year or maybe because he threw for nearly 4,000 yards in only 13 games or made Brandon Lloyd an All-Pro.

Orton will go to somewhere like Miami..eventually but looking at the Bronco's receivers, what he's done is fantastic.
    And i was like "thats what she said" XD

Quote Originally Posted by ElectiCrow View Post
    Second, why are the Broncos using Orton? I agree they should have traded him whilst his value is high to make way for their Franchise QB Tebow but maybe they are keeping Orton around because he threw 20 TDs to 9 INTs last year or maybe because he threw for nearly 4,000 yards in only 13 games or made Brandon Lloyd an All-Pro.
    Because at the moment he's better than Tebow?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    Because at the moment he's better than Tebow?
    From a Tebow fan, I agree. Tebow will get his chance eventually

Page 11 of 248 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast