Page 110 of 263 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 6569

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Texan's are the only team in their division to win. WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!

I can not wait until my Bengals start the season tonight against Baltimore! I am loving the fact most "experts" and people who follow them are saying the Ravens are going to crush the Bengals but I am just going to love putting salt into the wounds once my Bengals slap the Ravens down and prove all those "experts" wrong!
    Pokemon White FC: 2537-9783-8656 - Axel
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 1163-9089-5196 - Axel

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    I really hope the Broncos can beat the Steelers and salvage my day.
    ... I hope you're happy.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

For the 3rd time this season I just watched my team (UNLV) lose a home game by 8 points or less to a bad team from another conference. While I can't say i'm surprised by the loss (or at least not as surprised as I was about them losing to an FCS school) it still hurts, especially considering that these first 3 games were their best chance to avoid going 0-13. Looking at the rest of their schedule I see maybe one winnable game left, and by that point the team will have given up on the season and their lame duck head coach. At least there was a decent crowd at the game, hopefully the football program at least manages to avoid losing any money this year.

The President has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President?
    Yes [ ]
    No- [ ]

USC is in trouble. I hope they lose, but if they win, they look pretty unimpressive. I'd take Oregon over them any day of the week.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    USC is in trouble. I hope they lose, but if they win, they look pretty unimpressive. I'd take Oregon over them any day of the week.
    USC has not looked nearly as good as advertised this year. With how they played last week against Syracuse and now this I wouldn't be surprised if they lose to Notre Dame later in the year. They could have afforded one loss to somebody other than Oregon if they went on to win their conference, now they're going to be under massive pressure every week because you know that every other team in their conference would like to end their Championship hopes. It'll be interesting to see how high Stanford climbs after this win.

It's definitely Oregon's conference (and playoff slot) to lose at this point.

The President has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President?
    Yes [ ]
    No- [ ]

Quote Originally Posted by SirLadette View Post
    USC has not looked nearly as good as advertised this year. With how they played last week against Syracuse and now this I wouldn't be surprised if they lose to Notre Dame later in the year. They could have afforded one loss to somebody other than Oregon if they went on to win their conference, now they're going to be under massive pressure every week because you know that every other team in their conference would like to end their Championship hopes. It'll be interesting to see how high Stanford climbs after this win.

It's definitely Oregon's conference (and playoff slot) to lose at this point.
    What do you expect? Lane Kiffin is their coach.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

The BCS Buster race is now down to Ohio and Louisiana Tech. I say Ohio has a better chance since they have a weaker non-conference schedule than LA Tech.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Upsets a plenty this week both in College and NFL.

Stanford over USC, Arizona over New England, Carolina over New Orleans.

Hopefully my boy Russell Wilson can make it another one with a win over dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    Upsets a plenty this week both in College and NFL.

Stanford over USC, Arizona over New England, Carolina over New Orleans.

Hopefully my boy Russell Wilson can make it another one with a win over dallas.
    I have no faith in Russell Wilson after watching him suck it up last week against the Cardinals. He threw 34 passes and only had 153 yards? Garbage. The Seahawks are in for a long, miserable season (according to their schedule, they should start the year 1-7), and they don't have the answer at QB yet on their roster. I don't think the Seahawks' 2015 season quaterback is going to be Flynn or Wilson.

Hopefully the Steelers suck the rest of the season. That'll make me happy, at least.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I have no faith in Russell Wilson after watching him suck it up last week against the Cardinals. He threw 34 passes and only had 153 yards? Garbage. The Seahawks are in for a long, miserable season (according to their schedule, they should start the year 1-7), and they don't have the answer at QB yet on their roster. I don't think the Seahawks' 2015 season quaterback is going to be Flynn or Wilson.

Hopefully the Steelers suck the rest of the season. That'll make me happy, at least.
    Considering how the Cardianals stopped tom brady from scoring until the fourth, and then stopped him in the Redzone I wouldn't worry too much about it.

And the play calling was all short small passes until the final drive, where he drove them 80 yards down the field to the 8 yard-;ome and his receivers dropped 3 of his four td passes.

This kids gonna be something mark my words.

The BCS Buster race is now down to Ohio and Louisiana Tech. I say Ohio has a better chance since they have a weaker non-conference schedule than LA Tech.
    Nope. They are banned from the postseason this year remember?

I'm actually surprised that the Eagles won today. They turned the ball over a lot which resulted in missed opportunities, but in the end, the offense managed to pull it off. The defense was all right, I guess, but I would have liked to see them control Ray Rice better. Anyway, their play today was an improvement from last Sunday, but they need to do better if they want to get to the playoffs.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

The annoying thing about the Eagles is that they're quite good, especially the defense, which deserves the majority of the credit for us winning both these games. It's just the combined turnovers and penalties that have nearly screwed them over two weeks in a row now. Injuries aside, Philadelphia did more to hurt themselves than the Ravens did to beat them, but still managed to pull off a win. If Michael Vick could just STOP. TURNING. THE. BALL. OVER. then we would look much more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Nope. They are banned from the postseason this year remember?
    You're talking about Ohio State. The team I am talking about is the Ohio Bobcats of the Mid-American Conference (which used to have a team in your home state, UCF, as i recall; UCF is coincidentally also banned from bowls this year, rare for a team in a mid-major conference, of course UCF won't be mid-major anymore after this season as they'll join the Big East)
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 16th September 2012 at 11:13 PM.
    -----

I'm not really seeing a BCS Buster this year, I don't think Tech or Ohio are good enough to go unbeaten and even if they do I can't see them climbing to high unless they start blowing the doors off teams. They remind me of the 2008 Ball State team that was unbeaten until the last week of the season, lost, and then got slaughtered in their bowl game.

edit: Outside of QB the Eagles might have the best roster in the NFL, despite that I can't see them doing much in the playoffs (if they can get to the playoffs) because of the combination of Michael Vick's turnovers and Andy Reid's odd play calling.
    Last edited by SirLadette; 16th September 2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: edited for NFL

Yes [ ]
    No- [ ]

Yeaaaah! My Eagles won!
    Signiture Underconstruction

Quote Originally Posted by SirLadette View Post
    I'm not really seeing a BCS Buster this year, I don't think Tech or Ohio are good enough to go unbeaten and even if they do I can't see them climbing to high unless they start blowing the doors off teams. They remind me of the 2008 Ball State team that was unbeaten until the last week of the season, lost, and then got slaughtered in their bowl game.

edit: Outside of QB the Eagles might have the best roster in the NFL, despite that I can't see them doing much in the playoffs (if they can get to the playoffs) because of the combination of Michael Vick's turnovers and Andy Reid's odd play calling.
    Oh. Ohio university, not OSU.

If Ohio State does somehow manage to end up in the BCS bowl, there is no way they are going to win. The SEC has won 6 straight national titales and are a forced to be reckoned with

I'm sorry but Ohio State should NOT even be listed as a contender for the national title

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-Sama View Post
    If Ohio State does somehow manage to end up in the BCS bowl, there is no way they are going to win. The SEC has won 6 straight national titales and are a forced to be reckoned with

I'm sorry but Ohio State should NOT even be listed as a contender for the national title
    Did you forget? OSU is not allowed to play in the postseason this year, something which could have been avoided by the NFL allowing players to enter the league as early as after their Freshman year in college (like the NBA).
    -----

Ahh yea I forgot about that whole fiasco haha

well it seems I was outplayed. Well done sir

Did you forget? OSU is not allowed to play in the postseason this year, something which could have been avoided by the NFL allowing players to enter the league as early as after their Freshman year in college (like the NBA).
    I sincerely hope the NFL NEVER allows it.

No to one and dones in CFB

At this point in time, I am in favor of the Browns moving out of Cleveland. They are once again the last team in their division to get their first win. I've been a Browns fan for years, but I've had it up to here with them. They're not my #1 team anymore. Green Bay is, in fact they took the Browns' place for the 3 years the Browns were gone.

Same goes with the Cleveland Indians and Cavs. The former has been a playoff team only once the last ten years, and things have been going downhill for the latter ever since LeBronedict Arnold left. Cleveland is better off without Major League sports. I mean look at Las Vegas. They have no major league teams and yet they get tons of visitors each year.

EDIT: I'm sorry about this. I'm just not in a good mood now. Not even watching Frasier is cheering me up. I'm sure many fans of losing teams feel the same way as me. I just hope that Pittsburgh's win today is only one of four they get this year, with none over the Browns. It's really hard being a fan of a team that accomplishes virtually nothing.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 17th September 2012 at 1:34 AM.
    -----

What's up with the NFC West?

They're doing pretty good so far.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

At this point in time, I am in favor of the Browns moving out of Cleveland. They are once again the last team in their division to get their first win. I've been a Browns fan for years, but I've had it up to here with them. They're not my #1 team anymore. Green Bay is, in fact they took the Browns' place for the 3 years the Browns were gone.

Same goes with the Cleveland Indians and Cavs. The former has been a playoff team only once the last ten years, and things have been going downhill for the latter ever since LeBronedict Arnold left. Cleveland is better off without Major League sports. I mean look at Las Vegas. They have no major league teams and yet they get tons of visitors each year.

EDIT: I'm sorry about this. I'm just not in a good mood now. Not even watching Frasier is cheering me up. I'm sure many fans of losing teams feel the same way as me. I just hope that Pittsburgh's win today is only one of four they get this year, with none over the Browns. It's really hard being a fan of a team that accomplishes virtually nothing.
    This is how I felt about the Devil Rays. its how I feel about the Bucs.

Didn't jump ship for an easier team to root for though

Page 110 of 263 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast