Page 112 of 264 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 6599

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

  1. #2776
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Well yes but just because I am a Seattle fan dosen't mean I can't beileve its a catch plus refs can't see everything and call everything the games over anyway like I said deal with it ._.

  2. #2777
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    It's only September. The Pack will bounce back and win the Super Bowl, get back on top of the NFL.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  3. #2778
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    It's only September. The Pack will bounce back and win the Super Bowl, get back on top of the NFL.
    Yeah like that will happen *cough* it won't.

  4. #2779
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    At my house
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy View Post
    Yeah like that will happen *cough* it won't.
    Yeah it will, mark it down they'll go on a 12-1 run and get the 3rd seed and win the superbowl. They'll be playing angry and will beat up on a hapless saints team.

  5. #2780
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy View Post
    Well yes but just because I am a Seattle fan dosen't mean I can't beileve its a catch plus refs can't see everything and call everything the games over anyway like I said deal with it ._.
    I have no dog in the fight. From a completely objective viewpoint, that was NOT a TD. I don't want people to get over it. I want there to be such an outcry against the NFL and these replacement refs that it eventually forces them to do something about the lockout. Mark my words, this will not be the last game this season in which the replacements are directly responsible for the outcome.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  6. #2781
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    939

    Default

    As a Seahawks fan, I'll make the NFL a deal: Overturn the awfully officiated Superbowl XL and they can give the Packers a win from MNF.


    Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

    FC: 3823-9867-2750

  7. #2782
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    As a Seahawks fan, I'll make the NFL a deal: Overturn the awfully officiated Superbowl XL and they can give the Packers a win from MNF.
    I bet you'd enjoy that wouldn't you?

    But I agree that Super Bowl was BS. Didn't they take 2 TDs away from Seattle? I don't remember exactly, since it was a while back.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  8. #2783
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Ok seriously now i'm mad first off,Green Bay cannot go 12-1 since they are 1-2 second, a NFL rule clearly states if two players catch the ball at the same then it goes to the passing team so Packers fans they lost deal with it and stop crying ._.

  9. #2784
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy View Post
    Ok seriously now i'm mad first off,Green Bay cannot go 12-1 since they are 1-2 second, a NFL rule clearly states if two players catch the ball at the same then it goes to the passing team so Packers fans they lost deal with it and stop crying ._.
    Look at the play again, in slow motion if you can. They explained it perfectly on a sport science clip on ESPN today. Jennings caught the ball. Tate had a HAND on it then put his arm in to try an rip it out. Having a hand on the ball is not a catch. In no way was that a simultaneous catch. The NFL is not going to willingly admit the refs directly cost a team a game, and shifted a TON of money in gambling, so of course they backed the call.

    Again, I am not a packers or a seattle fan. I am a Bucs fan. But I also am an NFL fan, and I want the real refs back.

    PS: there is no reason to get mad.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  10. #2785
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Look at the play again, in slow motion if you can. They explained it perfectly on a sport science clip on ESPN today. Jennings caught the ball. Tate had a HAND on it then put his arm in to try an rip it out. Having a hand on the ball is not a catch. In no way was that a simultaneous catch. The NFL is not going to willingly admit the refs directly cost a team a game, and shifted a TON of money in gambling, so of course they backed the call.

    Again, I am not a packers or a seattle fan. I am a Bucs fan. But I also am an NFL fan, and I want the real refs back.

    PS: there is no reason to get mad.
    Yeah sorry I got a bit mad there its just annoying how my Hawks are getting yelled at just for beating the Packers who are terrible IMO I see practically no defence on their team plus the fact they only scored 12 points on Seattle the NFL is not going to change the game guys its a NFL rule that once a games finished it cannot be changed.

  11. #2786
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy View Post
    Yeah sorry I got a bit mad there its just annoying how my Hawks are getting yelled at just for beating the Packers who are terrible IMO I see practically no defence on their team plus the fact they only scored 12 points on Seattle the NFL is not going to change the game guys its a NFL rule that once a games finished it cannot be changed.
    Didn't say they should change it. it sets a bad precedent.

    However the result was still wrong.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  12. #2787
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Notre Dame has put its series with Michigan on hold. TBH, the Big Ten was and still is a better choice for ND's non-football sports. With the possibility of Navy ending its series with ND to make room on its schedule after joining the Big East, ND in the Big Ten could have resulted in an annual rivalry with Indiana to replace Navy on the schedule. The other four games against the Big Ten would be Michigan, Michigan State, and Purdue along with a rotating home-and-home with each of the other Big Ten football schools. As an OSU and ND fan I would have loved to see them play twice every 16 years, instead ND has the deal with the ACC, which is not as good a geographic fit. If the Big Ten had been willing to accept Butler as a non-football member, ND would have tried to make a similar deal.

    EDIT: Then again, with regards to geographic fits, I would like to see Air Force join the Patriot League for non-football sports to be with Army and Navy (football would be independent).
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 27th September 2012 at 1:10 AM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  13. #2788
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    well it took the replacements costing a team a game, but the NFL finally got it done

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  14. #2789
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    I think pretty much anything I was going to say about the Monday night call has already been said.

    The only thing left is that I found the NFL's statement to be stupid, and nearly insulting. I'd rather they just had said nothing.

    Also, I hate that Golden Tate said 'I don't know what you're talking about'. I mean, does anyone ever say that unless it's a complete lie?

    By the way, I was rooting for the Seahawks, but found the ending disgracefull.
    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Tate never had possession, unless having possession of the guy who caught the ball counts (i.e. It was a catch only if the NFL follows the transitive property).
    lol, I like this statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    I have no dog in the fight. From a completely objective viewpoint, that was NOT a TD. I don't want people to get over it. I want there to be such an outcry against the NFL and these replacement refs that it eventually forces them to do something about the lockout. Mark my words, this will not be the last game this season in which the replacements are directly responsible for the outcome.
    I'm glad that the outcry from this screwup was enough to do it. If it wasn't, the only thing left would be for fans to stop watching, and I'm questioning if football fans as a whole are capable of doing that. Fortunately I won't have to find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Didn't say they should change it. it sets a bad precedent.

    However the result was still wrong.
    I don't really understand this. I've not heard a single person, barring Seahawks fans/players, that thinks the call was right. If they're not going to overturn something in this situation, then why even have the provision to overturn something?
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

    Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

    Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

    Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

  15. #2790
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Even if I wasn't a Seahawks fan I would of said it was a catch so that's a huge lie and the fact with Tate is everyones insulting him just because he was the WR that was involved in that play so I will never respect Green Bay again after this.

  16. #2791
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    It took ten years for the Texans to be good, they better not screw this up. I didn't know this thread existed. Anyway, I used to be a Colts fan, but when Harrison left it just wasn't the same. I am from Houston so naturally I had to root for them, but what pissed me off is that they kept David Carr for so long. Lets Go Texans!

  17. #2792
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Mt BLUE RAIDERS!! are tied at 21 against Georgia Tech at the half! GO BLUE!!!!

  18. #2793
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Both Ohio and Louisiana Tech barely remained in the hunt to be a BCS Buster today. Ohio thought they would get an easy win, but didn't expect that kind of performance from UMass. Tech entered the fourth quarter with a 17-point lead, but ended up winning over Virginia by only 6. Ohio now has the rest of the MAC schedule, but Tech has two non-conference games left before WAC play starts - UNLV and the rescheduled game against Texas A&M. The latter game could especially be tough, seeing as the Aggies got their first SEC win today.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  19. #2794
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Both Ohio and Louisiana Tech barely remained in the hunt to be a BCS Buster today. Ohio thought they would get an easy win, but didn't expect that kind of performance from UMass. Tech entered the fourth quarter with a 17-point lead, but ended up winning over Virginia by only 6. Ohio now has the rest of the MAC schedule, but Tech has two non-conference games left before WAC play starts - UNLV and the rescheduled game against Texas A&M. The latter game could especially be tough, seeing as the Aggies got their first SEC win today.
    There will be no BCS buster this season. Ohio and Tech are pipe dreams

    oh, LOL at A-SHE-SHE football. lost by 3 TDs to MTSU

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  20. #2795
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Big 12 can't play defense lol.

    70-63 and now the Texas-Oklahoma State game is looking like it's going to be a shootout as well.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  21. #2796
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    133

    Default

    We got the win! MTSU knocked off Georgia Tech 49-28!!! In Atlanta

  22. #2797
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordCBH View Post
    We got the win! MTSU knocked off Georgia Tech 49-28!!! In Atlanta
    great win for a small school and another black eye for the A-SHE-SHE.

    Works for me.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  23. #2798
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    So the Packers bounce back from their controversial loss to finish September 2-2. Things aren't looking good for the Saints. I had them as #2 seed in the NFC this season, now I'm projecting they will play in the wild card round as either 3 or 4 seed or a wild card.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  24. #2799
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    So the Packers bounce back from their controversial loss to finish September 2-2. Things aren't looking good for the Saints. I had them as #2 seed in the NFC this season, now I'm projecting they will play in the wild card round as either 3 or 4 seed or a wild card.
    The packers winning was a sad thing for me plus I predict the Saints won't make the playoffs at all.

  25. #2800
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cajunland
    Posts
    579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy View Post
    The packers winning was a sad thing for me plus I predict the Saints won't make the playoffs at all.
    I'm a Saints fan. But I must agree : (

Page 112 of 264 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •