Page 113 of 259 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 6468

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

The Texans just look so crisp, like they can't be touched. I'm not a fan of the team(Dolphins fan), but before the season started I picked them to win the Superbowl. People I talked to might have thought it was a far cry, but so far I'm right. I'm sure they'll make quick work of the Jets next week and go 5-0

Quote Originally Posted by LordCBH View Post
    We got the win! MTSU knocked off Georgia Tech 49-28!!! In Atlanta
    Thinking back, I'm kinda glad we lost to McNeese State in our opener. It had to have served as a bigger wake up call than any loss we could have had would.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidWolverine View Post
    The Texans just look so crisp, like they can't be touched. I'm not a fan of the team(Dolphins fan), but before the season started I picked them to win the Superbowl. People I talked to might have thought it was a far cry, but so far I'm right. I'm sure they'll make quick work of the Jets next week and go 5-0
    They were my Super Bowl pick as well, and the only reason I didn't pick them to win it last year was because they lacked playoff experience. If they can stay healthy (Matt Schaub has had a lot of injury issues) I think they roll to a 15-1/14-2 record. They're certainly doing better than my other Super Bowl pick (the Packers) who have looked off all season. I'm not sure whether it's the O-line or the defense or the coaching, but there's just something that doesn't seem right about that team.

Do the wakey-wakey exercises or else.

I'm very pleased I got that Washington pick. I was the only one in my group that gave them a chance against Stanford

Anywho, this week is gonna be hard for me SEC-wise. Both UGA and South Carolina struggled last week, and so did LSU. And my Gators are going up against them at home. ....Hmm. Tough pick for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomf View Post
    They were my Super Bowl pick as well, and the only reason I didn't pick them to win it last year was because they lacked playoff experience. If they can stay healthy (Matt Schaub has had a lot of injury issues) I think they roll to a 15-1/14-2 record. They're certainly doing better than my other Super Bowl pick (the Packers) who have looked off all season. I'm not sure whether it's the O-line or the defense or the coaching, but there's just something that doesn't seem right about that team.
    I had the same injury concerns about the Texans last year, but my gut feeling tells me that they'll stay strong. With that great defense and a very consistent offense I don't see too many teams that can stop them. As for the Packers, well, something is a bit off lol. If I had to pinpoint one thing, it would be that defense. Clay Matthews and the d-line is solid, but that secondary is just not getting it done. Aaron Rodgers can score all the points in the world, but if the defense keeps giving up so much points, they're gonna have a bad time.

****ing pissed at Romo after tonight's game.

He needs to be benched for a game or two until he gets himself straightened out. I supported him all the way until now but I think last night was the tipping point.

I need to start drinking, maybe I wouldn't care as much about losing a football game if I did.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 2nd October 2012 at 5:05 PM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Saints? Playoffs? Hell, they'll be lucky to even win a game, let only make the playoffs.

Defense: Absolute garbage
    Offense: Not nearly the juggernaut they were last year. Even the glimpses they show are not what was seen last year.
    No Sean Payton For the Season
    No Jonathan Vilma on the field, who is basically the "Drew Brees" of the defense

They'll be lucky enough to win a game or two, but as far as the season goes, they can at least take solace in a higher draft pick. And this is coming a huge fan.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Well I was happy to see the Eagles beat the Giants on Sunday (and with no turnovers! Finally!), but I'm becoming more and more frustrated with Andy Reid. Especially since he nearly cost us the game with that stupid time out at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Saints? Playoffs? Hell, they'll be lucky to even win a game, let only make the playoffs.

Defense: Absolute garbage
    Offense: Not nearly the juggernaut they were last year. Even the glimpses they show are not what was seen last year.
    No Sean Payton For the Season
    No Jonathan Vilma on the field, who is basically the "Drew Brees" of the defense

They'll be lucky enough to win a game or two, but as far as the season goes, they can at least take solace in a higher draft pick. And this is coming a huge fan.
    This is actually the second year in a row that the team whose stadium is hosting the Super Bowl is off to an 0-4 start (the Colts ended up starting 0-13).
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Notre Dame has put its series with Michigan on hold. TBH, the Big Ten was and still is a better choice for ND's non-football sports. With the possibility of Navy ending its series with ND to make room on its schedule after joining the Big East, ND in the Big Ten could have resulted in an annual rivalry with Indiana to replace Navy on the schedule. The other four games against the Big Ten would be Michigan, Michigan State, and Purdue along with a rotating home-and-home with each of the other Big Ten football schools. As an OSU and ND fan I would have loved to see them play twice every 16 years, instead ND has the deal with the ACC, which is not as good a geographic fit. If the Big Ten had been willing to accept Butler as a non-football member, ND would have tried to make a similar deal.

EDIT: Then again, with regards to geographic fits, I would like to see Air Force join the Patriot League for non-football sports to be with Army and Navy (football would be independent).
    Some things you didn't think about when it comes to Notre Dame:

a) They have a national fanbase, unlike most state schools. The top 7 TV markets for Notre Dame: New York, Chicago, Boston, South Bend, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC. 5 of those cities are more than 600 miles away. Ohio State, Alabama, Southern Cal, etc. can't make that claim. This also explains why it's not crazy for ND to be in the ACC; they have a pretty good following in the Northeast, even if they are over 10 hours away there are plenty of fans/alumni to travel to those games.

b) Notre Dame loves to travel and wants the most geographic exposure possible. They play a football game in California every year (either USC or Stanford). As Big East members they travel from Boston to Tampa. They're playing "home" football games in San Antonio, NYC, DC, Chicago, and Dallas. They even played a game in Ireland. Being 3/4 ACC members gives them opportunities to play all across the East Coast, plus more exposure in the South (Florida, VIrginia, North Carolina, etc.). The B1G doesn't provide that. Half of their games are in Indiana, so playing road games in Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Iowa, and Ohio doesn't provide much new exposure (Michigan is 2 blocks away from campus).

c) The ND-Navy series is more important than you think. Back during WWII ND was about to go bankrupt, so they invited the US Navy to establish an officer training program on campus, which kept them afloat (no pun intended). So now it's basically a life debt for ND, even though it's pretty one-sided. It's a different rivalry; it's between gentlemen, not enemies.

d) The ND-Michigan rivalry is not as big as you think. They have only met 40 times. They went on hiatus between 1910 and 1941 and between 1944 and 1977. Also it has been suggested that Notre Dame wasn't invited into what is now the Big 10 because Michigan's coach hated Catholics and immigrants.

e) Academically and culturally, ND fits much better in the ACC than the B1G. Most of the B1G schools are big state schools with enrollments over 30,000 and land grants, with a big focus on graduate programs and research instead of undergrads. Notre Dame is a private school with 8,000 undergrads, similar to Boston College, Duke, Wake Forest, Miami, and Syracuse. The only twin it has in the B1G is Northwestern.

I have claimed Giratina

This is actually the second year in a row that the team whose stadium is hosting the Super Bowl is off to an 0-4 start (the Colts ended up starting 0-13).
    Hopefully they can make that third in a row next season, with MetLife hosting the Super Bowl in 2013.

Lions fan btw. We've got a bye this week, which is good, because of Tigers playoff baseball being stupidly early. And because the Lions have issues.

The #3, 4, and 5 teams lost yesterday.

So the top 5 should look like this now:

1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. South Carolina
    4. Florida
    5. West Virginia

So Louisiana Tech has got into the Top 25, for what I think is the first time ever.

This gives us hope that there could be a BCS Buster this year.
    -----

I would just like any AFC team other than the Patriots, Steelers or Colts in the superbowl. Those three teams have been the AFC Champions since the Raiders in 02. I'm sick of seeing them.

My Gators are finally looking like a football team.

Last night was a dream. UGA gets pummeled by Spurrier again, UF beats LSU, and the "mighty" Seminoles are exposed once again as pretenders.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Alright, Mike McCarthy needs to be fired as Packers coach. The Packers just blew a big lead over the Colts and have not been over .500 all year. This is supposed to be the year they get back on top of the NFL. And so far it is them and not the Giants that are having a hangover season.

Like the Seahawks game this should have been an easy win for the Packers. Now I am in favor of the coach's removal.
    -----

Well, this sucks. The Skins lost and RG3 has a concussion. Mother****er.

Alright, Mike McCarthy needs to be fired as Packers coach. The Packers just blew a big lead over the Colts and have not been over .500 all year. This is supposed to be the year they get back on top of the NFL. And so far it is them and not the Giants that are having a hangover season.

Like the Seahawks game this should have been an easy win for the Packers. Now I am in favor of the coach's removal.
    lol You should see the Lions fanbase, it's going through the same thing right now. So many people want to fire Jim Schwartz and Martin Mayhew and start over, it's ridiculous.

Believe me, I was in favor of cleaning house after the Vikings loss myself, but I've calmed down since then. I wouldn't worry. I still think the Packers are the best team in the division and will win it, and when you get to the postseason, it's a crapshoot.

Wow, the Chiefs gave the Ravens a much better game then I expected. Might've won if not for Cassel turning into a turnover machine in the last 2 weeks.

I have to give credit to the offensive lineman for standing up to the fans that cheered when Cassel was injured. That's a really classless gesture- even if someone sucks, they're still a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by An Enemy Spy View Post
    I would just like any AFC team other than the Patriots, Steelers or Colts in the superbowl. Those three teams have been the AFC Champions since the Raiders in 02. I'm sick of seeing them.
    I heard that I while back. I thought it was an amazing stat. I'm of sick of seeing the Patriots, but that's just because I'm a hater.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Well, my Georgia Bulldogs got pummeled on Saturday. I won't make any excuses. We looked like sh*t. Aaron Murray missed four sure touchdown passes that would have tied up the game and made it a lot less of a blowout than it was. Our defense hardened up after halftime, but still allowed fourteen points afterwards, which cannot be accepted. I've come to accept better things from this team, and this isn't going to cut it. Fun Fact: Our quarterback's record against ranked teams? 2-8. I think it's time for a change. But, I've still got us beating Florida by 3. When we have a great game, we can beat any team, and I don't think Florida's defense can contain Murray when he's good. It's too bad he's not good all that often anymore. I've got us finishing off 11-1 but missing the SEC Championship and going to either the Capitol One Bowl or the Sugar Bowl. Alabama is still going to win the National Title, and, even if South Carolina gets to Atlanta, they're going to get an *** kicking from the Crimson Tide, as it should be.

The Falcons did excellent as always on Sunday. I'm still picking them to go to the Super Bowl with the Texans, and they could go 14-2 with losses to the Eagles and possibly the Buccaneers, since we always have trouble with them. Or, better yet, 16-0. Our beginning schedule was hard, but it's quite smooth sailing from this point onward.
    Last edited by Breeder Drew; 8th October 2012 at 2:02 PM.

Going into that game, I was not expecting the Saints to win. I expected Bress to break the record in a losing fashion, but that is more so because he has basically carte blanche on the offense and you would expect him to throw a touchdown every game as opposed to other quarterbacks. Colston and Henderson really stepped up with Lance Moore and Graham out. What most people don't realize is that Colston now has the franchise record for touchdown receptions. But since it was hyped to be Brees' night, it's understandable it went unnoticed.

That being said, I'm happy they got the win. It was a bit touch and go, but the defense played surprisingly after the half. Most people are now calling for Wilson and Gallete to start at end and move Smith and Jordan on the inside or drop Smith and keeps Hicks on the inside. I for one say lets see how the next game goes before you make a move like that. It is never wise to get hyped up over a single game performance.

And the most unlikely thing, Roman Harper with an INT, was what really blew me away. He is still absolutely terrible in coverage, but the fact that a ball gravitated towards him and he was able to catch just left me baffled. Another idea that has been thrown around is to move him to OLB, since he doesn't have a problem getting to the QB, but he is a bit undersized for that role. But it still isn't so bad of an idea. Having a healthy Hawthornwe, Lofton in the middle, and Harper on the outside greatly improves the linebacking corps while Vilma is out. And with a healthy Vilma, I can wait to see how they perform.

Its one win though, so its not too much to get excited about. If they can do that 11 more times, then I can have something to be happy about.
    Last edited by deathseer; 8th October 2012 at 6:51 PM.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I think this Texans and Jets game is gonna be pretty one-sided. Here's my prediction: 38-13 Texans. Even though I'm 99.99% sure of the outcome I'm still gonna watch. It'll be interesting to see if the Jets finally give Tebow some more drives to play.

I have nothing against Mark Sanchez, I just don't think he can get the job done with the current offensive personnel . In order for Sanchez to be more productive he needs those weapons around him. I think Tebow would do a better job given the situation..

Love him or hate him, you gotta admit that Tebow can get a nice running offense going(which is the Jets tradition mostly), as well as some nice play-action. Because of the spread-option that John Fox had him running in Denver, he made them the number 1 rushing offense in the league(if you don't believe then go look up the stats for yourself, you'll see). He can make something out of nothing.

Again, nothing against Sanchez, but they need to give Tebow a true shot and see where he can take them. Not as punt blocker, or a back, or a decoy receiver, but as a QB

I'm growing weary of all the doomer and gloomer Lions "fans" out there, acting like the Lions are the worst team in the NFL and won't win another game all season. and wanting to fire Schwartz and Mayhew (which would be stupid, at least right now). They were fooled by last year, because the Lions lucked out big time. They had all those comeback wins, and they benefited from Cutler and Forte getting injured. They were a 7-9, maybe 8-8 team last year, and the Bears should have been the ones in the playoffs.

Now, the law of averages is pulling them kicking and screaming back down to Earth.

I expected regression to the mean. Most of the non-homer Lions fans expected regression to the mean. Granted, I didn't expect them to lose the Titans or the Vikings to be that good, but whatever. Any given Sunday.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just annoyed right now. These "fans" need to calm down. The Lions won't go 1-15 or thereabouts. They have too much talent to finish like that.

Jets and Texans turned out to be pretty close, at least closer than I thought. I still wish the Jets would make Tebow the full-time quarterback, since it seems they would have better results if they did. I normally like the Jets and cheer for them to win as long as they aren't playing Atlanta, so I want to see them succeed, and I don't know if Mark Sanchez could give them the kind of success that many other teams in the NFL are having right now.

How about that NFC West?

They used to be the butt of all kinds of jokes but now they are the only division with all 4 teams having a winning record.

Page 113 of 259 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast