Page 116 of 257 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 6408

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

  1. #2876
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    912

    Default

    My Seahawks play tonight against the 49ers. Seattle has been crazy schizophrenic this year, so I have no idea how it will go. We are already 0-2 in the division on the road,so I admit to being worried.


    Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

    FC: 3823-9867-2750

  2. #2877
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    My Seahawks play tonight against the 49ers. Seattle has been crazy schizophrenic this year, so I have no idea how it will go. We are already 0-2 in the division on the road,so I admit to being worried.
    Agreed hopefully we actually beat a team in our division I mean how could we lost to St.Louis ;-;

  3. #2878
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy View Post
    Agreed hopefully we actually beat a team in our division I mean how could we lost to St.Louis ;-;
    Any given Sunday.

    My Lions weren't supposed to lose to the Titans, either, but I crossed that bridge then.

  4. #2879
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    The Cowboys aren't exactly doing spectacular either.
    Honestly, the NFC East seems pretty wide open. Every time has some massive flaws. The Giants seem to be the obvious best team, but they're 0-2 against divisional rivals, so who knows. The Eagles have virtually no pass rush and have a terrible -9 turnover differential (mainly because Michael Vick is so fumble prone). The Cowboys get penalized too much, have a weak O-line, Tony Romo keeps throwing picks, and now DeMarco Murray is injured. The Redskins have a porous secondary and can't seem to convert on 3rd downs. It's a mess!

    I'm hoping that with the division so chaotic, the Redskins will be able to capitalize and win the division for the first time since 1999. If can manage to beat the Giants on Sunday then I think we'll have a pretty good shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    My Seahawks play tonight against the 49ers. Seattle has been crazy schizophrenic this year, so I have no idea how it will go. We are already 0-2 in the division on the road,so I admit to being worried.
    But the 49ers are playing on a short week, plus the Seahawks are a very good team coming off a big win, so you guys have a chance.

  5. #2880
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mikasa (Ha get it? :3)
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    My Seahawks play tonight against the 49ers. Seattle has been crazy schizophrenic this year, so I have no idea how it will go. We are already 0-2 in the division on the road,so I admit to being worried.
    It should hopefully be fairly close, though I don't think Seattle can pull this one out. :/
    The Hawks are so much better at home than they are away, and I doubt the 49ers are letting one go at home after what happened against the Giants.

    Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy View Post
    Agreed hopefully we actually beat a team in our division I mean how could we lost to St.Louis ;-;
    The Rams are underrated, though, away they have proven they succcckkkk :P So the Seahawks should take them easy later in the year.

  6. #2881
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The earth
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    It should hopefully be fairly close, though I don't think Seattle can pull this one out. :/
    The Hawks are so much better at home than they are away, and I doubt the 49ers are letting one go at home after what happened against the Giants.


    The Rams are underrated, though, away they have proven they succcckkkk :P So the Seahawks should take them easy later in the year.
    Wait,today?What time. It's about 8:00 now.

  7. #2882
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mikasa (Ha get it? :3)
    Posts
    260

    Default

    The Seahawks game? started just under an hour ago. So around the time you asked.
    EDIT: Started 40 minutes ago, not an hour. Woopsies.
    Last edited by HoboJak; 19th October 2012 at 2:02 AM.

  8. #2883
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The earth
    Posts
    116

    Default

    On what channel?

  9. #2884
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mikasa (Ha get it? :3)
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Sorry, I had logged off. It WAS on NFL Network, but it ended, sorry. >.>
    Anyways, those stats are impeccable on both sides. 140 passing yards, new NFL record. -.- And that 3rd down efficiency? Beautiful. Nice job by the defence, I guess :/

  10. #2885
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seelöwe View Post
    That was said last season by a second-string quarterback. Good God.
    Agree. Sick of hearing it brought up.

    Oh, wait- how'd you get that umlaut (sp?) o in your name?
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    On what channel?
    That would be 212 if you have Direct TV- no idea for other companies.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

    Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

    Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

    Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

  11. #2886
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The earth
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    Sorry, I had logged off. It WAS on NFL Network, but it ended, sorry. >.>
    Anyways, those stats are impeccable on both sides. 140 passing yards, new NFL record. -.- And that 3rd down efficiency? Beautiful. Nice job by the defence, I guess :/
    Who won? Score?

  12. #2887
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    Who won? Score?
    Niners, 13-6.

    I didn't watch it, because I don't care about either team.

  13. #2888
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mikasa (Ha get it? :3)
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Yeah, what ^ Said. I watched until the 9ers got their first touchdown (Which took FOREVER) then left to play Madden w/ my brother.

  14. #2889
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The earth
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Lol,the 49ers were mad at how we the NYG won.
    Don't hate the players,hate the game.

  15. #2890
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mikasa (Ha get it? :3)
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Grrr, can't take the waiting. My Dad's a huge Lions fan, so it's just gonna be that much sweeter when Da Bears dominate them. Hurry up world, get to Monday already!

  16. #2891
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    Yeah, what ^ Said. I watched until the 9ers got their first touchdown (Which took FOREVER) then left to play Madden w/ my brother.
    Well, there's that, and I was watching the Tigers take the Yankees to the woodshed.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    Grrr, can't take the waiting. My Dad's a huge Lions fan, so it's just gonna be that much sweeter when Da Bears dominate them. Hurry up world, get to Monday already!
    I'm a Lions fan, and I don't think the Lions win this one. :/ This was one of about four or five games on our schedule I had pegged as a guaranteed loss. They're not going to get dominated, though. The Bears offense doesn't scare me at all, and the Lions defense was great against the Eagles and Vikings. Granted, it WAS the Eagles and Vikings, so make of that what you will.

    Although who knows? Any given Sunday (or Monday, in this case) still applies, the Bears haven't beaten anybody good, and the Lions are weird this year. Depending on how you see things, they should be 0-5 or they should be 4-1.

  17. #2892
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mikasa (Ha get it? :3)
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Meh. I don't buy into the whole "St. Louis woulda won if the replacement refs wouldn't have messed it up" for two reasons. One, the clock operator wasn't a replacement, nor a ref, and 2, in all likelyhood Detroit would still have gotten down the field and probably have atleast gotten a field goal to go into overtime anyway. Plus I'm not one to 'take wins away' so to speak, so the 2-4 Lions sounds good to me. :P
    I don't really agree with the 'they haven't beaten anybody good' line, though. Jacksonville are bad, the Colts aren't that terrible(Though it was Luck's first game), St. Louis is bad on the road, but Dallas isn't completely useless. So 2 out of those 4 are atleast decent teams in my opinion, and neither did anything until the Bears went into prevent and the game was pretty much over. (I'm referring to Indianapolis and Dallas, of course) Jacksonville got killed in the second half, and St. Louis couldn't do anything. That Green Bay game was terrible but that was Tice's fault, and there's no doubt in my mind he isn't going to do that again.
    '
    Oh yeah, and I think Marshall will actually be able to get open against the Lions. >.>
    Last edited by HoboJak; 20th October 2012 at 4:00 AM.

  18. #2893
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,553

    Default

    I was moreso referring to the fact that the Lions beat the Rams in the last minute. Last minute wins like that are sheer dumb luck and nothing more.
    Also, the Lions lost to the Titans and Vikings on some putrid special teams play. Had the special teams not screwed up, the Lions would have won both of those games. So you could just as easily argue the Lions should be 4-1. The Lions aren't very good at special teams, but I don't think they're so horrible that they're going to screw up like they did against the Titans and Vikings again. Schwartz will make sure they don't.
    And if they do, they need to fire Danny Crossman and get a new ST coach in the offseason.

    Ehh, I'm not sold on the Colts. I don't know. They're like the Lions. Both of their wins are comeback wins, and they should probably be 0-5, too. Plus, they DID lose to the "bad" Jacksonville Jaguars and got destroyed by an average-at-best Jets teams. And, yeah, the Cowboys aren't that great.

    *shrug* So will Megatron. He's put up some great numbers against the Bears IIRC.

    Blegh, I still see the final score being something like a 23-20 Chicago win. Because the Lions aren't that horrible (though they were lucky and overachieved last year), and the Bears aren't some juggernaut of a team (I'll believe it when they beat a good team).

  19. #2894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    Grrr, can't take the waiting. My Dad's a huge Lions fan, so it's just gonna be that much sweeter when Da Bears dominate them. Hurry up world, get to Monday already!
    A lot of my friends are Bears fans and they feel the same way. I think it will be a blowout (CHI 43-DET 6). This game could either be a blowout in CHI favor or it can be close. Either way I'm siding with CHI. I am a Vikings fan so if both lost it would be better but that's not how the world works ^^

  20. #2895
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mikasa (Ha get it? :3)
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    I was moreso referring to the fact that the Lions beat the Rams in the last minute. Last minute wins like that are sheer dumb luck and nothing more.
    Also, the Lions lost to the Titans and Vikings on some putrid special teams play. Had the special teams not screwed up, the Lions would have won both of those games. So you could just as easily argue the Lions should be 4-1. The Lions aren't very good at special teams, but I don't think they're so horrible that they're going to screw up like they did against the Titans and Vikings again. Schwartz will make sure they don't.
    And if they do, they need to fire Danny Crossman and get a new ST coach in the offseason.

    Ehh, I'm not sold on the Colts. I don't know. They're like the Lions. Both of their wins are comeback wins, and they should probably be 0-5, too. Plus, they DID lose to the "bad" Jacksonville Jaguars and got destroyed by an average-at-best Jets teams. And, yeah, the Cowboys aren't that great.

    *shrug* So will Megatron. He's put up some great numbers against the Bears IIRC.

    Blegh, I still see the final score being something like a 23-20 Chicago win. Because the Lions aren't that horrible (though they were lucky and overachieved last year), and the Bears aren't some juggernaut of a team (I'll believe it when they beat a good team).
    CJ has just under 700 yds vs the bears since he came into the NFL iirc, which once again iirc is the highest by any receiver against the bears in that time span. Will check his stats at Soldier Field later on.
    Cutler only has one loss on Monday night and one loss to Detroit.(The same loss lol) and with an improved offense, and the spectacular defense we've played so far I see it more along the lines of 35-14 Bears, and if we get a ST touchdown or four it'll be even more of a blowout. Though Detroit has a chance at Tebow'ing us, considering Lovie has a tendency to be way too nice when the game appears to be won.


    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    A lot of my friends are Bears fans and they feel the same way. I think it will be a blowout (CHI 43-DET 6). This game could either be a blowout in CHI favor or it can be close. Either way I'm siding with CHI. I am a Vikings fan so if both lost it would be better but that's not how the world works ^^
    Haha, no offense but I think I'll be rooting for the Lions atleast once when the Vikes play them, just as I'll be rooting for both vs GB. I'm more worried about the Vikes or Packers screwing up our Superbowl season. :P
    Last edited by HoboJak; 20th October 2012 at 7:57 AM.

  21. #2896
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Hey, I've got a question. If somebody attempts a field goal on third down, but it's actually a fake, and the fake fails, do they get another chance on 4th down?

    Also, Chiefs have their bye this week- that's the one remaining week on their schedule I'm sure they won't lose.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

    Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

    Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

    Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

  22. #2897
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    A lot of my friends are Bears fans and they feel the same way. I think it will be a blowout (CHI 43-DET 6). This game could either be a blowout in CHI favor or it can be close. Either way I'm siding with CHI. I am a Vikings fan so if both lost it would be better but that's not how the world works ^^
    The Rams and the Jaguars scored around that much against the Bears. Pretty sure the Lions have a better offense than both of those teams. They put up 26 points against a good Philadelphia defense. I think they'll score more than 6 points.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    CJ has just under 700 yds vs the bears since he came into the NFL iirc, which once again iirc is the highest by any receiver against the bears in that time span. Will check his stats at Soldier Field later on.
    Cutler only has one loss on Monday night and one loss to Detroit.(The same loss lol) and with an improved offense, and the spectacular defense we've played so far I see it more along the lines of 35-14 Bears, and if we get a ST touchdown or four it'll be even more of a blowout. Though Detroit has a chance at Tebow'ing us, considering Lovie has a tendency to be way too nice when the game appears to be won.
    Cutler has two losses to Detroit. If he was on the Broncos in 2007, the Lions blew out the Broncos 44-7 in 2007 (although that was probably a pretty awful Broncos team).

    See, you're assuming the Lions will only put up around or less than whatever the amount of offense it is the Bears have allowed this year (245 or something?). But I'm pretty sure the Lions have a better offense than teams like the Jaguars and the Rams. I think they'll do a little better than that, plus Stafford doesn't have a broken finger this time, so he isn't going to throw four interceptions again (I do think he'll throw at least one, though).

    See, this is what irks me about a lot of Bears fans. A lot of you guys are very dismissive of the Lions and act like a win against them is inevitable every time. A lot of Lions fans respect the Bears, but that respect is never reciprocated, especially since I think the Lions have proven they are capable of beating the Bears. Granted, all of the NFC North is like this, but it's Bears fans in particular that stand out.

  23. #2898
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The earth
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Can't wait for Giants vs Redskins team.
    I'm only worried about RG3.
    And I heard they assigned McNabb to their team! O_o!
    And am I the ONLY NYG fan here?

  24. #2899
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    968

    Default

    I agree with whoever said the Bears aren't quite the juggernaut everyone thinks they are.
    They've beaten:
    The Colts, at home in Andrew Luck's first game.
    The Rams, who can't seem to play on the road: they're 0-3 in away games
    The Cowboys, while picking off Tony Romo 5 times (this was the only game so far in which they've impressed me)
    The Jaguars, who could make a strong case for worst team in the league
    They've lost to:
    The Packers, an actual good team with a powerful offense

    So, they haven't really done much to impress me thus far. They're a good team but I think lots of people are hyping them up too much. They lost to the only really good team they've played. They have a good defense but an impotent offense.
    However, in the next 3 weeks they play 3 teams under .500, so it's pretty realistic to see them going 7-1 heading into Week 10. If that happens, everyone will be going crazy about how good they are, but they would still have played only one good team. They play the Texans in Week 10 and the 49ers in Week 11. If they win those games, then I'll finally be truly impressed.

  25. #2900
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    Can't wait for Giants vs Redskins team.
    I'm only worried about RG3.
    And I heard they assigned McNabb to their team! O_o!
    And am I the ONLY NYG fan here?
    Yes.

    Meanwhile, the Lions will have all be finished with all but two of their road games within the next few weeks (plus one of those road games is against the Jaguars, whom they should beat), and by then they'll have SF and three division games out of the way. I do, however, have the Texans, Falcons, and one of the Packers games pegged as guaranteed losses. Even with that, I still do think our schedule is more favorable. Overall, I see us finishing 8-8 or thereabouts. We'll see, I guess.

Page 116 of 257 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •