Page 117 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 6381

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    The Rams and the Jaguars scored around that much against the Bears. Pretty sure the Lions have a better offense than both of those teams. They put up 26 points against a good Philadelphia defense. I think they'll score more than 6 points.
    The Jags scored 3, and the rams nearly beat the lions. Make of that what you will.

Cutler has two losses to Detroit. If he was on the Broncos in 2007, the Lions blew out the Broncos 44-7 in 2007 (although that was probably a pretty awful Broncos team).
    Meant to say as a Bear. My fault.

See, you're assuming the Lions will only put up around or less than whatever the amount of offense it is the Bears have allowed this year (245 or something?). But I'm pretty sure the Lions have a better offense than teams like the Jaguars and the Rams. I think they'll do a little better than that, plus Stafford doesn't have a broken finger this time, so he isn't going to throw four interceptions again (I do think he'll throw at least one, though).
    The Lions should get plenty of yards. They'll also get plenty of INTs and fumbles lost, that's what the Bears D has been doing the entire season.

See, this is what irks me about a lot of Bears fans. A lot of you guys are very dismissive of the Lions and act like a win against them is inevitable every time. A lot of Lions fans respect the Bears, but that respect is never reciprocated, especially since I think the Lions have proven they are capable of beating the Bears. Granted, all of the NFC North is like this, but it's Bears fans in particular that stand out.
    First off, you can't take random Lions fans out of thin air and say "See, these guys respect you!" I have met several Lions' fans, not a single one has any respect for the bears, or any other team in the NFC North. Secondly, the Lions have won ONCE against the Bears recently, that doesn't prove anything to me. And finally, I don't respect any Lions player other than CJ as a large portion of the others don't appear to know the meaning of 'fair play', and neither does Schwartz.

Spoiler:- Week 7 picks:
    Last edited by KickAsh; 28th October 2012 at 12:17 AM.

Man...I got off work at 9:30 this morning and made the quick drive to Nashville to go to the Auburn game....bad choice. Quite possibly the worst team I've ever seen. Been a fan since the day I was born, always will be, but it's hard to feel good about it after that.....

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Browns 21-Colts 38
    Colts have already beat one of my favorite teams, they won't beat the other

Packers will win too
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    The Jags scored 3, and the rams nearly beat the lions. Make of that what you will.
    I said AROUND that much. And how the Lions played against the Rams has no bearing on how they'll play against the Bears. Stafford also threw three interceptions in that game.

The Lions should get plenty of yards. They'll also get plenty of INTs and fumbles lost, that's what the Bears D has been doing the entire season.
    I already said I think Stafford will throw at least one interception. And yeah, that's what the Bears D has been doing... against cupcake teams. Do that to a good team, and then we'll talk.

First off, you can't take random Lions fans out of thin air and say "See, these guys respect you!" I have met several Lions' fans, not a single one has any respect for the bears, or any other team in the NFC North. Secondly, the Lions have won ONCE against the Bears recently, that doesn't prove anything to me. And finally, I don't respect any Lions player other than CJ as a large portion of the others don't appear to know the meaning of 'fair play', and neither does Schwartz.
    Well, right back at you. You can't take random Lions fans out of thin air and say they don't respect you. And anyway, it's mostly the stupid homer fans that don't respect the Bears. The more reasonable ones do. Second, once is all it takes. The Lions are not incapable of beating the Bears, and no, it's not just "any given Sunday." And third... "a large portion?" What is this "large portion?" Like, three players? Most of the Lions aren't like that. Stafford and Megatron in particular are humble, and yes, I know Stafford had that hit last year. But that was probably the only occasion he ever did that IIRC. One event doesn't define the person.

And how does Schwartz not understand the meaning of "fair play?" Yeah, he's emotional, perhaps a little too emotional in some cases (SF last year), but that's all he is.

But for the vast majority of the Bears fans that I've seen, it has nothing to do with the current Lions team. It's history; the fact that the Lions have been the doormat of the NFC North (and the NFL, for that matter) forever. Because of that, they think the Bears are going to get an easy blow-out win against the Lions every time. But the days of the Lions being the de facto doormat of the NFC North are gone. Yes, it's easy to look at their record and say "Overachievers, 2011 was a mirage, same old Lions" whatever, but anyone who thinks they're still the 0-16 doormat they were back in 2008 has never seen them play since then. They're not out of it, because of a couple of special teams gaffes.

Don't get me wrong. I give props to the Bears. They're a good team. I just wouldn't be surprised if the Lions kept it close or even won. That's all

Before the season began I had the Lions splitting with the Bears, I'm not saying 'lol 0-16 Lions suck' but I don't see them making it to the playoffs, and since the start of the season my thought they'll beat the bears at Ford Field has been slowly dropping, as they aren't looking great in a number of ways, not just Special Teams. Their secondary, for example, is not exactly top-notch.
    In my opinion, if Schwartz was such a great coach, and was so fair, players like Suh wouldn't be acting like this; whether he was a 'bad egg' so to speak before is irrelevant, his attitude should've changed by now.

'Stafford also threw three interceptions in that game' exactly. And as you've been saying, the Rams are a 'cupcake' team, doesn't speak well for your QB.
    I would be surprised if the Lions won the first 2-3 quarters of the game, not so surprised if they came back to win in the fourth, as they've done that quite a bit this year - it isn't sheer luck, or they're REALLY lucky.

I'll say the Lions are a *decent* team now, we'll see on Monday if they're any more than that.

As far as the Browns/Packers games go - I see the Browns losing by atleast a field goal, the Packers game will be close, if the Packers play like they did against the Texans, they should take out the Rams no problem, if they play like they did through the rest of the season I can see the Rams pulling it out in a close one. And I think the Steelers will win by more than 3.
    Last edited by HoboJak; 20th October 2012 at 11:45 PM.

My Gators are legit.

Feels good man.

I saw the Lions taking a step back and going 8-8, 9-7 and missing the playoffs at the beginning of the year, and I still stand by that prediction. I know they're not "there" yet. They have too many holes and lucked out big time last year. They had all those comeback wins, they overachieved a little, they had an easy schedule, and (I'm not going to deny this one) they never would have made the playoffs had Cutler and Forte not gotten injured.
    Under Schwartz (and Mayhew), the Lions went from being the laughingstock of the NFL to an average-ish team with an explosive offense and a potentially great future in three years. If he was such a horrible coach, the Lions would still be cellar dwellers and really WOULD be 0-5 right now. And Suh hasn't done anything this season.

Staff's interceptions were due to bad reads. Yes, he's been shaky this year, and I think his confidence is still rattled after throwing those interceptions in the Rams game, but he's a talented QB (and no, last year was not a fluke. That many yards of offense is not a "fluke"). He'll get over it in time. I'm not concerned about him.

I still see the Lions as an average-ish team with an explosive offense that's fully capable of playing tight games with the "big boys" and think they'll finish around 8-8.

I say Colts will beat the Browns, although that one is a tough call, and the Pack should have no problem with the Rams. I think they're starting to heat up.

The lions still need a much better run game, as Stafford is no Aaron Rodgers, and to fix the rest of those huge holes on the team, before they get to be a real contender. I see them 7-9 at best this year.
    Under Schwartz (and Mayhew), the Lions went from being the laughingstock of the NFL to an average-ish team with an explosive offense and a potentially great future in three years. If he was such a horrible coach, the Lions would still be cellar dwellers and really WOULD be 0-5 right now
    I will agree they would be much worse if it weren't for him (Tough it'd be the same if not worse if they were without Megatron, better hope that Madden curse doesn't kick in.) he is an alright coach in anything but "stop getting those *Insert word here* penalties!" in my opinion, and I really don't like seeing a grown man act like a 2 year old on the sidelines.

The Rams can beat the Packers, the Texans played wrong against them. The Bears, 9ers, Seahawks, and even Giants and Chiefs last year showed how to contain the Pack's offense (Not so much how to beat their defense though, regarding the Bears.), but the Texans ignored it, and paid the price. Granted the Rams notice this, and execute well, it should be a close game.
    Last edited by HoboJak; 21st October 2012 at 4:06 AM.

Wow, that's better than what most Bears (and even some Lions fans) think. Too many people think the Lions will beat the Jaguars and Colts and that's it. 4-12 at best. Those are the only two games left on their schedule I have pegged as guaranteed wins. Considering the Seahawks are horrible on the road, I think they'll win that one, too, but I'm not pegging it as a guaranteed win. I have the Bears on Monday, the away game against the Packers, Texans, and Falcons as guaranteed losses. That's 5-7. Everything else is a toss-up, as far as I'm concerned.
    But you know what? If we get 4-12, maybe we can finally draft an elite RB/corner/safety. No more Buffalo or Cincy beating us to the only elite corners in the draft that didn't have character issues, like what happened this year.

So you don't like him because he's emotional, is what you're saying. :/ Fair enough. Some Lions fans don't like him, because he's emotional.

Of course, anybody can beat anybody on any given day. Just saying, it's more likely the Pack will be too much for the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    My Gators are legit.

Feels good man.
    Wow, didn't expect to see another Florida fan here. Cheers

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Yeah, I see them beating the Jags, Hawks, and hopefully after those 2 games they have a bit of momentum going into Minnesota, which will hopefully let them WIN THIS TIME. D: the next few Packers' game should show well enough if Detroit has any chance at taking them down at home, just imagine how deflating that'd be lol. Even if they do manage a 4 game winning streak, the Texans will knock out any momentum they do have with what I expect to be a very easy win. The Colts have already had a very nice upset beating Green Bay, so won't peg that as a sure win, but I expect Detroit to win.
    After that I expect them to lose atleast 3 of their final 4 games, with a possible win over Chicago or Arizona (Arizona being more likely than Chicago in my opinion, as the Bears should hopefully have the kinks worked out on offense by then, though Arizona; Like the rest of the NFC West, are pretty good at home.)
    So in a perfect world they COULD go 8-8, but I see 6-10 being more likely, with the Packers, Bears, or maybe even Vikings winning both games against them, and Arizona winning aswell. So 6-10/5-11 looks most likely to me.
    Also, the only two Lions games I picked a winner on happened to be the Rams, (My brother is a Rams fan, won $50 on that game ) and the Eagles. I picked the Lions in both, what a coincidence lol.

Maybe I'd like him more if he toned it down a bit. I'm fine with emotional most of the time but he takes it to a whole new level.

And yeah I doubt the Rams can beat the Pack. Just hoping they do >.>

Erm....you know how hard it is to read your posts when they are typed in blue?

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Exactly! XD

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    I can read them fine.

See, you assume the same thing about the Lions that a lot of people assume about them: that their problem is lack of talent and poor coaching. And that's simply not true. The Lions have a lot of talent, in my opinion too much talent to finish anywhere less than 7-9. They've underperformed so far (especially Stafford), and their ST have burned them. Like I said, two out of three of those losses would have been wins if not for ST gaffes.

I said at the beginning of the year they'd finish 8-8, 9-7 and 3rd in the division, and I'm sticking with that.

I can read them fine.

See, you assume the same thing about the Lions that a lot of people assume about them: that their problem is lack of talent and poor coaching. And that's simply not true. The Lions have a lot of talent, in my opinion too much talent to finish anywhere less than 7-9. They've underperformed so far (especially Stafford), and their ST have burned them. Like I said, two out of three of those losses would have been wins if not for ST gaffes.

I said at the beginning of the year they'd finish 8-8, 9-7 and 3rd in the division, and I'm sticking with that.
    They need to bring back their run game then they'll be much better. Perhaps get a better #2 Wide Receiver. Their offense is too 1D to me

If you can't read it, skip over it, press "quote" and read it there, or just deal with it. :P
    If they get it together later in the season they should finish around 7-9. But as it stands I don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    They need to bring back their run game then they'll be much better. Perhaps get a better #2 Wide Receiver. Their offense is too 1D to me
    No. Lions have enough WRs. You should have seen Lions fans complaining when they drafted Ryan Broyles in the draft this year. Although most of them have cooled down on it lately and consider him a replacement for Burleson later on down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    If you can't read it, skip over it, press "quote" and read it there, or just deal with it. :P
    If they get it together later in the season they should finish around 7-9. But as it stands I don't see that happening.
    No reason why they can't. Their coaches aren't incompetent, except maybe Danny Crossman. And they have a lot of talent.

OK so the Giants have surpassed my expected win total for 2012. Perhaps I am underestimating Eli Manning. And I am overestimating RG3. At least the Packers won and are over .500 for the first time all year.
    -----

(Still talkin bout the Lions)
    The problem is they went through one should be tough game so far and still only have two wins... Seattle, Jacksonville, the Colts, and - if they can't keep it up - the Vikings are the only ones left I'd have them favored in, and the Colts and Vikings are close. If they win 3 of those and lose one, they need to get 2 wins out of: Houston, Green Bay(2), Arizona, Chicago(2), Atlanta.
    That will be really tough imo.

What is it you don't like about da Bears?

Why not Jacksonville?

I'm a Lions fan. Lions fans almost always hate the Bears.

Nah, but really, it's not so much the team (although I'm not a huge fan of Cutler personally). It's the fanbase. Almost all of the Bears fans I have ever met think the Bears are some juggernaut of a team that's just as good, if not better than teams like Houston, Atlanta, and SF, even though the Bears are only 4-1 because of a cupcake schedule. Plus, the vast majority of the ones I've met are extremely cocky and (like I said) dismissive of the Lions, because of their history. A lot of them go beyond the team and bash the city of Detroit (i.e. "0-16 fits your city" and whatnot), because that totally matters in sports.

And it's not just the Bears, either. Almost all of the fans of Chicago teams in general that I've seen are like this and have this "inferior little brother" mentality towards the Detroit teams (sort of like the Michigan-Michigan State rivalry), and it just gets on my nerves.

You don't seem to be like that, though, which is good. You're rather fun to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    OK so the Giants have surpassed my expected win total for 2012. Perhaps I am underestimating Eli Manning. And I am overestimating RG3. At least the Packers won and are over .500 for the first time all year.
    See,EVERYBODY underestimates my NYG team!
    And guess what Eagles fans,we ARE #1!

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    See,EVERYBODY underestimates my NYG team!
    And guess what Eagles fans,we ARE #1!
    FWIW, I figured the Giants would win the division. At least, I thought it would be between the Giants and the Eagles. Didn't expect the Eagles to be this bad, though.

Plus, the Giants are what I wish the Lions were this year. Great, balanced offense with a defense that's not amazing, but adequate.

FWIW, I figured the Giants would win the division. At least, I thought it would be between the Giants and the Eagles. Didn't expect the Eagles to be this bad, though.

Plus, the Giants are what I wish the Lions were this year. Great, balanced offense with a defense that's not amazing, but adequate.
    Based on previous history I expected that the Giants would have a hangover season a year after making the Super Bowl. They followed SB appearances in 1986, 1990, and 2000 with non-playoff seasons. It's gonna take a miracle at this point for the Giants to miss the playoffs now.
    -----

Guhhhh the Redskins lost. Close game though, we probably would have won if we didn't have an obscene number of turnovers. :/
    Whatever, I had us losing this one anyway, and I think we'll be able to pay them back when they come visit us in Landover. (Overall I see us going 3-3 against divisional opponents.)

We play the Steelers next week. That could go either way but I think we'll be able to squeeze out a win.

Page 117 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast