Page 118 of 264 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 6600

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guhhhh the Redskins lost. Close game though, we probably would have won if we didn't have an obscene number of turnovers. :/
    Whatever, I had us losing this one anyway, and I think we'll be able to pay them back when they come visit us in Landover. (Overall I see us going 3-3 against divisional opponents.)

We play the Steelers next week. That could go either way but I think we'll be able to squeeze out a win.
    Goodluck with THAT!
    Giants will not lose to the Redskins!

And the eagles aren't TOO bad,they are #2 in my division.
    They just get cocky,that's all.
    That's why Redskins lost.
    RGIII got a little cocky.
    But they did also get many injured players.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guhhhh the Redskins lost. Close game though, we probably would have won if we didn't have an obscene number of turnovers. :/
    Whatever, I had us losing this one anyway, and I think we'll be able to pay them back when they come visit us in Landover. (Overall I see us going 3-3 against divisional opponents.)

We play the Steelers next week. That could go either way but I think we'll be able to squeeze out a win.
    If the refs had flagged the Giants more often like on that game-winning touchdown pass then the Redskins might have won.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Based on previous history I expected that the Giants would have a hangover season a year after making the Super Bowl. They followed SB appearances in 1986, 1990, and 2000 with non-playoff seasons. It's gonna take a miracle at this point for the Giants to miss the playoffs now.
    I only thought that because frankly, the rest of the NFC East isn't that good imo. They're not the AFC South or the AFC West, but for me, it was a matter of, "Well, if the Giants don't win the division, who does?" A lot of my Lions fan friends thought it would be the Eagles, but... well, I was a bit suspicious of them. :/

Plus, I think the reason people were doubting the Giants was their schedule was supposedly the hardest of any team.

Also lol Jacksonville.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    I only thought that because frankly, the rest of the NFC East isn't that good imo. They're not the AFC South or the AFC West, but for me, it was a matter of, "Well, if the Giants don't win the division, who does?" A lot of my Lions fan friends thought it would be the Eagles, but... well, I was a bit suspicious of them. :/

Plus, I think the reason people were doubting the Giants was their schedule was supposedly the hardest of any team.

Also lol Jacksonville.
    I knew they had the hardest schedule but I didn't underestimate them....c'mon people!
    We're talking about one of the best Recievers,Victor Cruz and our Tight End Nicks. Eli is okay for now. As long as offense and defense do what they're suppose to,then we'll win another SuperBowl.

(Isn't it funny how the Eagles have the MOST fans but NEVER won a superbowl?When will they win one?)

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    I knew they had the hardest schedule but I didn't underestimate them....c'mon people!
    We're talking about one of the best Recievers,Victor Cruz and our Tight End Nicks. Eli is okay for now. As long as offense and defense do what they're suppose to,then we'll win another SuperBowl.
    Ehh, I wouldn't go that far. The Giants are contenders, sure, but they're not the best team in football. Until proven otherwise, that title goes to Atlanta.

(Isn't it funny how the Eagles have the MOST fans but NEVER won a superbowl?When will they win one?)
    Well, Philadelphia is a large-market area, so it's not surprising they'd have a large fanbase.

Why not Jacksonville?
    Not entirely sure I understand the question? I had Jacksonville on the list of teams Detroit will surely win against...?

I'm a Lions fan. Lions fans almost always hate the Bears.
    Good enough for me

Nah, but really, it's not so much the team (although I'm not a huge fan of Cutler personally). It's the fanbase. Almost all of the Bears fans I have ever met think the Bears are some juggernaut of a team that's just as good, if not better than teams like Houston, Atlanta, and SF, even though the Bears are only 4-1 because of a cupcake schedule. Plus, the vast majority of the ones I've met are extremely cocky and (like I said) dismissive of the Lions, because of their history. A lot of them go beyond the team and bash the city of Detroit (i.e. "0-16 fits your city" and whatnot), because that totally matters in sports.
    Out of the 3 listed I can only really seeing the Bears as they stand right now having a realistic chance against San Fran, though hopefully by the time we have to play all of them everything will be going smoothly. Don't like the city-bashing either, it's the same as when Lions fans say "Well the Tigers are better than the White Sox/Cubs!" to me, as if Baseball is relevant to what I am talking about.

And it's not just the Bears, either. Almost all of the fans of Chicago teams in general that I've seen are like this and have this "inferior little brother" mentality towards the Detroit teams (sort of like the Michigan-Michigan State rivalry), and it just gets on my nerves.
    Can't really argue that as I don't know whether it's tru/false - Don't like Basketball, am a Cubs fan, (No right to say any team is inferior lol) and don't really watch Hockey or College Football, haven't found a team I give a crap about in either yet. >.> (Am I missing anything?)

You don't seem to be like that, though, which is good. You're rather fun to talk to.
    As are you - nice to be able to have a conversation about Football without hearing the words 'crybaby Cutler'.

EDIT: Whether it will happen or not I don't know, but I have to hope for a complete blow-out by the Bears w/ atleast one DJ Moore intercepion (Hopefully a pick 6) and a few huge sacks. Whether it was a one time only thing or not, some nice big payback towards Stafford would be so great to watch. Hopefully not an injury though - that'd be going a bit far.
    Last edited by HoboJak; 22nd October 2012 at 4:32 AM.

Oh my bucs. Another close game that they couldn't win. It's nice to see the Bucs aren't being blown out like they used to, but a win against a good team would be great.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    Not entirely sure I understand the question? I had Jacksonville on the list of teams Detroit will surely win against...?
    Never mind, I read your post wrong.

Out of the 3 listed I can only really seeing the Bears as they stand right now having a realistic chance against San Fran, though hopefully by the time we have to play all of them everything will be going smoothly. Don't like the city-bashing either, it's the same as when Lions fans say "Well the Tigers are better than the White Sox/Cubs!" to me, as if Baseball is relevant to what I am talking about.
    Yeah, I agree with that.

No, it's not even the Tigers thing. They're actually bashing the city of Detroit (i.e. "Dumptroit," "Detroilet," etc.), which is idiotic because the current state of the city of Detroit has nothing to do with sports lol.
    And people here are just very excited that the Tigers are in the World Series right now. Ignore them. And they're wrong, anyway. The Cubs have actually been to more World Series than the Tigers. The Tigers have won more, though. But that's off-topic.

Can't really argue that as I don't know whether it's tru/false - Don't like Basketball, am a Cubs fan, (No right to say any team is inferior lol) and don't really watch Hockey or College Football, haven't found a team I give a crap about in either yet. >.> (Am I missing anything?)
    Oh, I see it a lot when I'm browsing around other sports sites (ESPN, Bleacherreport, SB Nation blogs, etc.). Not a basketball fan, and I like Michigan, but their big rivals are OSU and MSU. Also, I'm a huge Red Wings fan, and even though I don't like the Blackhawks, there are a lot more teams I hate more than them. But we're going a bit off-topic here.

As are you - nice to be able to have a conversation about Football without hearing the words 'crybaby Cutler'.
    I have an image that pretty much sums up what I think about that, but I'm afraid I'll get in trouble for posting it.

What it amounts to is: if guys like Brady, Manning, and Aaron Rodgers do the same thing, they media labels them as "leaders with a lot of passion." It's only when other QBs that aren't as popular as them do it (like Cutler and Stafford) that they get labeled as "classless" and "crybabies" and whatnot. Just ignore the media. They have no impact on the game whatsoever, and they're all Patriots/Packers/east coast fans anyway.

Is there a game today?
    I wonder if Japan watches football.....I doubt it.

Is there a game today?
    I wonder if Japan watches football.....I doubt it.
    Yeah, the one HoboJak and I have been talking about all weekend. Lions vs. Bears.

Some people probably do, but I know most people outside of the United States think American football is stupid and boring, just like a lot of Americans think soccer/football is stupid and boring. But I'm sure they exist. I have a friend from another country (India, I believe) who watches the NFL, for example.

There is a growing fanbase in the UK and Canada has their own Football, dunno if Japan watches it at all, though. And yeah Soccer is just kicking a ball around like a noob.
    Anyways, 5 and a half hours until the game I've been waiting all week month for! Bear down!

Japan has a population of, what? 129 million people? There has to be some people who enjoy it. And I have no opinion on soccer. I haven't watched enough of it to be able to judge it fairly.

Indeed, I've been frantically trying to get some hw done so I could watch it. Hopefully, the Lions do better on prime time than they did against SF. I'm really nervous for this one, but I'm still confident that win or lose, this'll be a good, hard-fought NFC North battle, and the Lions will keep it close. Restore the Roar!

Yeah, the one HoboJak and I have been talking about all weekend. Lions vs. Bears.

Some people probably do, but I know most people outside of the United States think American football is stupid and boring, just like a lot of Americans think soccer/football is stupid and boring. But I'm sure they exist. I have a friend from another country (India, I believe) who watches the NFL, for example.
    Good for that Indian person!
    Hoor-a!

And Lions vs Bears? My vote's on Lions.

Never been so sick of watching a Steelers game. I have zero confidence in the team now, even though we scraped a win out.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Never been so sick of watching a Steelers game. I have zero confidence in the team now, even though we scraped a win out.
    Was a good game until the 2nd half though. Injuries have killed the Steelers.

But what do you expect from a team that makes its' living on 3rd down and has a DEF as old as dust?

Not a good start, but that's why football games last four quarters.

Also, these announcers are horrible.

EDIT: Oh, it's going to be one of THOSE games, huh? Fine.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 23rd October 2012 at 3:17 AM.

Lions vs Bears.....Lions WILL win.

Lions vs Bears.....Lions WILL win.
    No we won't. We'll get blown out 56-3.

EDIT: Told you, and I told you the Lions would keep it close.

Goodness, what a horrible game. I don't know what's wrong with the offense or Stafford.

See what I have to deal with as a Lions fan? Every single game they've had this year has been like this. Every. Single. Game.

Also, they need to play Ryan Broyles more.

Oh well. Next game is at home against the Seahawks. That one's a bit of a toss-up, but I think the Lions will win, because the Seahawks are a horrible road team.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 23rd October 2012 at 6:04 AM.

Ouch.... 5-1 is good, but I'm a bit worried about Cutler, after that injury (My dad and I both thought it looked more like a concussion than he hurt his ribs, especially after seeing him looking a bit goofy when they were about to punt...?) he never really got back into it after that, hopefully he's back to normal next week...
    GG Lions, HAHA Giantsfan :P

Also, the Lions need to fire Scott Linehan and Danny Crossman and cut Stefan Logan. Get a new OC, ST coach, and PR. They're all horrible.

But yeah. Good game. Good defensive battle. Bears D was as great as it was made out to be, and Lions D surprised me.

Gonna re-watch that sack Cutler got injured on over and over tommorow.... Seems like it should be unnecessary roughness or some sort of penalty, Suh really didn't need to hit him that hard, especially holding his helmet like that imo.... :|

EDIT: And gotta admit I giggled a bit when Stafford "ate dirt"..... Literally
    Last edited by HoboJak; 23rd October 2012 at 6:33 AM.

Nah, I think it was clean, and I'm not saying that because I'm a Lions fan.

Okay, Lions fans are getting on my nerves again. They all want to fire Schwartz and go get Cowher or Gruden to coach the Lions. Yeah, because they're going to want to leave their cushy jobs and return to the headache of coaching, much less to come coach the Lions. Same people probably wanted to fire Leyland of the Tigers and go get Francona to manage them, look how that one turned out.
    They want to fire Mayhew, too, even though Mayhew has done fine in the draft. If he's so horrible at drafting, the Lions really would still be the "same old Lions," and they'd be getting blown out every game. As it is, they have yet to get blown out this year. They're all just bitter he didn't go draft Janoris Jenkins or DeCastro in the first round, even though judging by how the Lions O-line played tonight, he absolutely made the right move in drafting Riley Reiff.

Lol! Don't think Gruden would do well against the Bears anyway, he'd be too busy talking about how Cutler's a gunslinger to coach/call plays.
    And after this game I'd better not hear ANYONE calling Cutler a wimp/saying he isn't tough. Bruised ribs and he went back out to play immediately, and looked REALLY mad when they made him go back to get checked out. Dissapointed in Hester though, Cutler ended up taking that big hit for nothing since Hester didn't even bother holding onto the ball the play afterward. -.-
    Last edited by HoboJak; 23rd October 2012 at 6:59 AM.

.....waiting until Sunday...revenge agaist the cow girls!

It's going to sicken me to my very core to say this, but I need the Cowboys to win on Sunday (ugh, just threw up a little in my mouth). I hate that team with a passion but I can't have the Giants gaining any bigger of a lead in the NFC East, especially since the Eagles don't look like they stand a chance against Matt Ryan and the Falcons.

Which puts me in an interesting position for this weekend. I started Matt Ryan on fantasy and in order to win (my opponent has Eli Manning), I'm going to need him to have a very good game. Unfortunately that game would have to come at the expense of my favorite team. So no matter who wins, I'll still manage to lose somehow.

Page 118 of 264 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast