Page 119 of 260 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 6477

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    Lol! Don't think Gruden would do well against the Bears anyway, he'd be too busy talking about how Cutler's a gunslinger to coach/call plays.
    And after this game I'd better not hear ANYONE calling Cutler a wimp/saying he isn't tough. Bruised ribs and he went back out to play immediately, and looked REALLY mad when they made him go back to get checked out. Dissapointed in Hester though, Cutler ended up taking that big hit for nothing since Hester didn't even bother holding onto the ball the play afterward. -.-
    Ehh, he wouldn't be like that. I just don't like being part of the whole "Fire the coach" mentality, unless the team we're talking about is truly awful, like the Jaguars or something. And even with the offensive struggles, I still don't think the Lions are that bad, especially the defense. I think the Bears scored less against the Lions than any other team. Besides, people would want to fire anybody, as far as coaching goes. There are probably Bears fans that want to fire Lovie, because he's not coaching the way they want him to. Like I said, there are Tigers fans that want to fire Jim Leyland, even though he just led the Tigers to the World Series, because he's not some sabermetrics wizard.
    We'll see about Cutler, though.

Whatever. On to Seattle! This will be a very narrow, low scoring game, but I think the Lions will win. Seattle's a horrible road team, and their offense isn't that good, either.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 23rd October 2012 at 8:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Ehh, he wouldn't be like that. I just don't like being part of the whole "Fire the coach" mentality, unless the team we're talking about is truly awful, like the Jaguars or something. And even with the offensive struggles, I still don't think the Lions are that bad, especially the defense. I think the Bears scored less against the Lions than any other team. Besides, people would want to fire [i]anybody]/i], as far as coaching goes. There are probably Bears fans that want to fire Lovie, because he's not coaching the way they want him to. Like I said, there are Tigers fans that want to fire Jim Leyland, even though he just led the Tigers to the World Series, because he's not some sabermetrics wizard.
    We'll see about Cutler, though.

Whatever. On to Seattle! This will be a very narrow, low scoring game, but I think the Lions will win. Seattle's a horrible road team, and their offense isn't that good, either.
    Seattle shouldn't have any trouble beating Detroit--they beat the Panthers on the road, and the Lions are only marginally better than Carolina, if that--but Russell Wilson will probably find a way to lose.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Seattle shouldn't have any trouble beating Detroit--they beat the Panthers on the road, and the Lions are only marginally better than Carolina, if that--but Russell Wilson will probably find a way to lose.
    They also lost to the Rams on the road, whom the Lions beat. Narrowly beat, yes, but still beat. *shrug*

I said I called this one a toss-up. Really, Seattle and Detroit are very similar. Both teams have very good defense, but zero offense (although we do know from last year that the Lions offense can potentially be scary. Not sure about the Seahawks, though). Just calling the Lions partially out of homerism and partially because of Seattle's road record.

Next up is the Panthers.... Our D shouldn't have any trouble getting atleast 3 turnovers again, and granted our offense doesn't royally screw up it should be an easy win.
    And the Gruden thing was a joke >.>

Next up is the Panthers.... Our D shouldn't have any trouble getting atleast 3 turnovers again, and granted our offense doesn't royally screw up it should be an easy win.
    Judging by how the CAR has been playing this season, should be another blowout. So happy about Cam's sophomore slump.

Right now I'm looking forward to my Vikings crushing the Bucs. Thursday Night Football!

Bears should get a blowout easily. Despite what the user said above me, the Panthers are FAR worse than the Lions. Cam's in his sophomore slump, and their defense is nowhere near as good as Detroit's.

Eh, Detroit has given up more PPG. Carolina has given up more YPG. I think that's a "six of one, half-dozen of the other" kinds of things. They're both below average units.

The PPG thing is probably inflated by the Tennessee game, the only game the entire season where Detroit's D didn't show up. Considering their D has been excellent lately, I doubt we'll get another game like that. At least, I hope we don't.

And of course, those four ST touchdowns didn't help. But except for Stefan Logan, their ST has been fine lately.

Anyway, if you're a Seattle fan, good luck to your team this weekend. This will be another good defensive game.

Meh. I have no hope of our doing anything as long as Wilson is in at QB. He's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Meh. I have no hope of our doing anything as long as Wilson is in at QB. He's pathetic.
    Yet the Seahawks are above .500, and the Lions aren't.

Wait until you see Stafford and some of the Lions receivers btw. It will be truly pathetic.

We're over .500 only because of an awful call in the GB game and the complete lack of focus by the Patriots (taking a 10 second run-off penalty to end the first half when they could have kicked a FG). We should be 2-5. Defense and Lynch are absolutely great, but our passing game is a nightmare. I'd take the Lions passing game over ours in a second. Matt Stafford has a 5000 yard season under his belt. Wilson won't throw for 5000 yards over his entire career.

As long as Stafford doesn't throw it to Pettigrew (I was laughing hysterically when he fumbled it twice in a row, lucky he was right next to the sideline LMAO) the Lions should be good. Dunno if the Seahawks will be able to shut down Megatron as well as Tillman did, though.
    EDIT: Oh yeah, and don't run the ball, or try to return punts either. Those were also hilarious to watch.

The Lions passing game has been horrible this year, though, and their #2 WR went down for the season in last night's game. But you never know. Megatron is still Megatron, and Ryan Broyles looked pretty good last night, plus despite the lack of touchdowns, their passing game is still #2 in the league. Our running game, though... eh, it's better than last year, but Leshoure isn't that great. Not horrible, either.

Stafford threw for 5000 yards, because Detroit had no running game last year, so he had to throw a lot. And having Megatron helps, too. I'm not saying last year was a mirage, and this year is the "real" Matt Stafford, but he's not as good as he looked last year. I refuse to believe he's as bad as he's looked this season, though.

Man, our teams are similar. xD Just Detroit is supposed to have a great passing game, and the Seahawks have a great running game.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and don't run the ball, or try to return punts either. Those were also hilarious to watch.
    No, by all means, punt to Stefan Logan. He'll do all the work for you.

^I meant detroit shouldn't try to return the punts, just let the Hawks down it every time, not that the Hawks shouldn't kick it to him :P
    The Vikes-Bucs game is on in about two hours and it's been quiet, any thoughts/opinions on the game? Who do you all want to win? As for me, go Bucs!

Vikings will win.

^I meant detroit shouldn't try to return the punts, just let the Hawks down it every time, not that the Hawks shouldn't kick it to him :P
    The Vikes-Bucs game is on in about two hours and it's been quiet, any thoughts/opinions on the game? Who do you all want to win? As for me, go Bucs!
    Okay, yeah. At this point, most people want Stefan Logan gone, but we don't really have anyone to replace him.
    I want the Bucs to win, but I know the Vikings will. They're MUCH improved from last year.

Hey, there's always hope, right?
    And really they don't need to replace him, he just needs to practice ALOT at not dropping the ball, but meh. Won't happen overnight.
    EDIT: "I want the Bucs to win, but I know the Vikings will" my butt. Great play by Tampa Bay in just dominating most of the game, the Vikes had a couple drives where they played great, but the Bucs played very well throughout the entire game. For those who didn't watch, 36-17 Bucs.
    Last edited by HoboJak; 26th October 2012 at 6:02 AM.

Very frustrating game tonight...little production offensively but our defense got into it. We should have had them had it not been for Ponder being so unconfident...

Vikes won,right...

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    Vikes won,right...
    No. Got beat by the overrated Bucs. Doug Martin decided to have the game of his life randomly.

For those who didn't watch, 36-17 Bucs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    Vikes won,right...
    Thought I already cleared that up >.>

it was more like a painful reminder

Thought I already cleared that up >.>
    Calm down, not all of us were watching the game. o_O Heck, I was more interested in the World Series myself.

Posting predictions:
        Spoiler:- predictions:

Meh, might as well post my predictions too.
        Spoiler:- Bear Down!:

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    No. Got beat by the overrated Bucs. Doug Martin decided to have the game of his life randomly.
    How can a team be overrated when they're 3-4? Oh well, they sure showed the Vikings... again.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Page 119 of 260 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast