Page 12 of 264 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Broncos should have traded Orton if his value was high. If he's still around though, they're better off with him than Tebow this year.

Just to get this to get this out there, I'm a pats fan (and a really big jets hater) and a student/fan of the university of louisville (and a university of kentucky hater as well), who thanks florida for charlie strong.

Anyways...yeah, tebow impresses me more than orton. Orton has done...ok, but the broncos lost brandon marshall, who made him look good for the first 6 games of the '09 season, when denver was actually good. Tebow could be the white guy version of michael vick in one sense if they give him a chance.

AFC west winner: Kansas city. I really like matt kassel. Also, san diego is in a downward spiral, oakland will suck until Al Davis gives up the franchise, and denver...needs time to rebuild.
    NFC west winner: None. Jk, St. Louis has the best chance and could go 8-8 or so. Arizona needs rebuilding, san fransisco needs players not named frank gore, and seattle, whom I do like, will realize their mistake 5 games in the season and then desparately look for a better QB (they'll take 2nd place).

I don't think being Vick is necessarily a good thing since he's prone to getting injured due to his playing style. If Tebow plays like that he's going to get beaten down by the bigger NFL players.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by dewhinifier View Post
    Just to get this to get this out there, I'm a pats fan (and a really big jets hater) and a student/fan of the university of louisville (and a university of kentucky hater as well), who thanks florida for charlie strong.

Anyways...yeah, tebow impresses me more than orton. Orton has done...ok, but the broncos lost brandon marshall, who made him look good for the first 6 games of the '09 season, when denver was actually good. Tebow could be the white guy version of michael vick in one sense if they give him a chance.

AFC west winner: Kansas city. I really like matt kassel. Also, san diego is in a downward spiral, oakland will suck until Al Davis gives up the franchise, and denver...needs time to rebuild.
    NFC west winner: None. Jk, St. Louis has the best chance and could go 8-8 or so. Arizona needs rebuilding, san fransisco needs players not named frank gore, and seattle, whom I do like, will realize their mistake 5 games in the season and then desparately look for a better QB (they'll take 2nd place).
    Your welcome (for strong) and a UK hater is always a good thing, especially for UK's basketball team and Cheatapari

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Tebow was signed to sell jerseys. He's not that great people, he may en up being an okay NFL QB but he's not Sam Bradford or Matt ryan

Have you guys seen the video from the Arena League where the fan grabs the player catching a kickoff? Here's a link for it.

That's insane. I heard that guy was a season ticket holder. I not only would have kicked him out of there (which occured), but banned him for life. I can't believe some of the players were classless enough to shake his hand.

And I've heard that the Jags coach is banning rookie hazing. I think that's pretty cool. To me, it's always just seemed like an excuse to be mean or cruel to someone. I hope others will follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by dewhinifier View Post
    NFC west winner: None.
    Haha, yeah basically. I wouldn't have argued if they'd excluded them from the playoffs last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    Tebow was signed to sell jerseys. He's not that great people, he may en up being an okay NFL QB but he's not Sam Bradford or Matt ryan
    I don't know if they'd waste a first round pick on him if they didn't believe they could use him at some point.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Have you guys seen the video from the Arena League where the fan grabs the player catching a kickoff? Here's a link for it.

That's insane. I heard that guy was a season ticket holder. I not only would have kicked him out of there (which occured), but banned him for life. I can't believe some of the players were classless enough to shake his hand.

And I've heard that the Jags coach is banning rookie hazing. I think that's pretty cool. To me, it's always just seemed like an excuse to be mean or cruel to someone. I hope others will follow.
    Haha, yeah basically. I wouldn't have argued if they'd excluded them from the playoffs last year.
    I don't know if they'd waste a first round pick on him if they didn't believe they could use him at some point.
    Exactly. IMO he has as much chance to make it in the NFL as Cam Newton. Tebow is a winner, and he is not going to let a year of sitting behind Ocho Stinko ruin that.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post

I thought it was hilarious. I like Arena Football but the fans need to stay out of it. It was made worse when the opposing team gave the guy high fives and stuff.

He just banned things at the other end of the spectrum like no taping to goal posts and stuff like that. Rookies are still going to have to carry pads and sing songs in front of other players.

It seems like no one thinks Tebow will do well in the NFL. I don't think he should start this season, but I think he deserves to play at some point if he keeps playing the way he played last season.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    It seems like no one thinks Tebow will do well in the NFL. I don't think he should start this season, but I think he deserves to play at some point if he keeps playing the way he played last season.
    The unmerciful crticism he gets from everyone is rather absurd.

I've never seen a good guy/athlete get trashed so much by the media than Tebow. He's played 3 games, done very well by anyone's standards for a rookie, yet they love to trash him. Most of them just want to see him fail so they can say "I told you so."
    From reading the hatchet jobs that Hoge, Doyel, Reilly, etc. have been doing on Tim and the praise they're showering on Orton you'd think Orton was the second coming of Joe Montana
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 10th August 2011 at 6:32 PM.

Well... the Eagles signed Steve Smith from the Giants. Where are they getting all this money from? How are they staying under the cap? I'm really confused, because the Colts were in cap trouble from signing Peyton Manning and Joseph Addai, yet they've signed Nnamdi Asomugha (had to look up the correct spelling for that one) Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie, Ronnie Brown, Steve Smith, Cullen Jenkins, Jason Babin, Casey Matthews, and many others. I'm not ready to call them a dream team yet, but they sure look like the favorite in the NFC.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

It is surprising how they have this much money, but any good addition is welcome.

Wow, who aren't the Eagles talking too? I heard they were talking to Plax also, but The Jets came in at the last second and gave him the money he wanted. But they have to be teetering on the cap space borderline.
    Well met, friend! This is my signature.

Eagles also are in contract negotiations with Jackson so I wonder how they're going to fit him under the cap as well.

Speaking of the Eagles, I'm going to the game vs. the Ravens tonight to see all the new talent that they acquired. But you do bring up a good point: With all the new people I wouldn't think that they'd be able to afford DeSean Jackson.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    Speaking of the Eagles, I'm going to the game vs. the Ravens tonight to see all the new talent that they acquired. But you do bring up a good point: With all the new people I wouldn't think that they'd be able to afford DeSean Jackson.
    That's going to be a really good game. Have fun.

The only game I can get on my TV is Chargers/Seahawks. I guess I'll try to find online streams to see the Eagles/Ravens game.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    That's going to be a really good game. Have fun.

The only game I can get on my TV is Chargers/Seahawks. I guess I'll try to find online streams to see the Eagles/Ravens game.
    Same here. I'd try to catch the pats/jags game to see if NE can finally win a freaking pre-season game. I'm rather interested in the Brady/Ochocinco pairing and the Wilfork/Haynesworth duo on the defensive side.

Too bad the FBI seized the web address of the website that I used to watch sports on...if they didn't, I would've been watching the Detroit Tigers all summer long. It sucks, too, because the Patriots are only on TV here at least 50% of the time or so...

So now I'll be stuck with ESPN's livecast of it (which shows the play-by-play and the score and overall really makes you want to see the darn game).

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    In my opinion Jackson is more important than anybody they have signed so far. It would be foolish to lose him now.

the eagles can sign jackson, right now vick is franchised around 12/14 million if they manage to resign him to a long term contract that can provide cap space to sign jackson.say what you will but joe banner is great at cap space. alot of the guys they brougt in were one year deals some like harris the starting RT even took veterans mininum.
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

So many people are excited over pre-season football. The starters aren't even going to play for that much so I don't know why people are excited about it.

Anyway, there's talk of Texan A&M heading over to the SEC and it's supposedly stemming from Texas's success with getting their own network and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    So many people are excited over pre-season football. The starters aren't even going to play for that much so I don't know why people are excited about it.

Anyway, there's talk of Texan A&M heading over to the SEC and it's supposedly stemming from Texas's success with getting their own network and everything.
    I actually heard the starters are going to play more as to get experience with the shortened off season

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Remorph View Post
    Original151Rocks is an exception. He is reliable, and he battles well.

They'll probably play more in the last two games but at most they'll play only one half of action these first two games. I'll be surprised if anyone keeps the starters out for the majority of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    They'll probably play more in the last two games but at most they'll play only one half of action these first two games. I'll be surprised if anyone keeps the starters out for the majority of a game.
    Yea except one half is better than one quarter. But yeah ill actually want to watch since the starters will play more

Note that it's probably going to be a half of football that's comparable to the Pro Bowl except they actually go and try to hit the other team. It's basically fake football in a way.

Yeah i hate that. If you watch the pro bowl you see the lineman standing. actually STANDING and holding out their arms. Makes me angry

Page 12 of 264 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast