Page 124 of 257 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 6408

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Romo is all stats. He couldn't clutch his way out of a cardboard box
    The only stat he leads the league in is interceptions. Being somewhat good in yardage doesn't make him a good quarterback in terms of stats.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    The only stat he leads the league in is interceptions. Being somewhat good in yardage doesn't make him a good quarterback in terms of stats.
    They are always comparing him to great QBs like he is elite or something

They are always comparing him to great QBs like he is elite or something
    If you mean the media, that's because the Cowboys are a large-market team in the NFC East. The media loves the NFC East and large-market teams. That's why I don't pay attention to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    If you mean the media, that's because the Cowboys are a large-market team in the NFC East. The media loves the NFC East and large-market teams. That's why I don't pay attention to them.
    I am aware of that and I don't pay attention to them either. I'm more-so mocking the situation and emphasizing my pt. that Romo sucks

I is back,yay! Screw you Hurricane Sandy! I slept my way through death!

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    I is back,yay! Screw you Hurricane Sandy! I slept my way through death!
    It's good to see you're alive lol

So I'm taking it the Giants didn't blow away w/ the storm?

It's good to see you're alive lol

So I'm taking it the Giants didn't blow away w/ the storm?
    Nah.
    But hopefully the REAL NYG didn't get hurt while flying back to NYC.

Did anyone else watch the ARI vs. SF game last night?

I watched bits and pieces of it, but enough to figure out that the Cardinals suck now.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Oh crap the Lions traded for someone who "also returns punts" the NFC is screwed now, that's two less fumbles a game. Though he did get traded from Jacksonville. Not only did he get traded away from a horrible team but they didn't want much for him.

Hey, two less fumbles, and the Lions would have beaten your Bears. I wouldn't be talking.

The Lions don't have the cap space to trade for a game-changer. Thomas is just meant to be more WR depth, since Burleson is out for the season. And the Lions only gave up a 5th-round draft pick in 2014, so it's not like they gave up much for him. Plus, he returns punts, and I'm sick of seeing Stefan Logan anyway. Sounds like a win to me. A small win, but still a win.

Broyles is going to be good once he gets some exp. under his belt

Hey, two less fumbles, and the Lions would have beaten your Bears. I wouldn't be talking.

The Lions don't have the cap space to trade for a game-changer. Thomas is just meant to be more WR depth, since Burleson is out for the season. And the Lions only gave up a 5th-round draft pick in 2014, so it's not like they gave up much for him. Plus, he returns punts, and I'm sick of seeing Stefan Logan anyway. Sounds like a win to me. A small win, but still a win.
    Assuming those would both be TD's and the Bears wouldn't try a bit harder to score.
    With any luck he'll have more butterfingers than Stefan Logan.

Broyles is going to be good once he gets some exp. under his belt
    I agree, and I'm still laughing at all the Lions fans who were mad that Mayhew didn't draft whatever CBs were available at that point. Most reasonable fans assumed he was drafted to replace Burleson eventually, since Burleson is getting up there in age.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    Assuming those would both be TD's and the Bears wouldn't try a bit harder to score.
    With any luck he'll have more butterfingers than Stefan Logan.
    He can't be any worse than Logan.

Be careful, you might jinx him.

I agree, and I'm still laughing at all the Lions fans who were mad that Mayhew didn't draft whatever CBs were available at that point. Most reasonable fans assumed he was drafted to replace Burleson eventually, since Burleson is getting up there in age.
    I didn't really like any of the CBs in the draft anyway so I'm glad they strayed away from that.

I agree with their decision, but I think they need a QB other than Stafford. He's good for now though.

I want you guys to get a RB

I didn't like anyone aside from Dre Kirkpatrick and Stephon Gilmore, and the Bengals and Bills took them before the Lions even got to choose. I am glad they went with Reiff. He's played very well when he has gotten to play, and he's probably going to replace Jeff Backus soon.

Nah, the Lions are fine at QB.

Safety, RB, and another good OT like Reiff are probably their three biggest needs imo.

I didn't like anyone aside from Dre Kirkpatrick and Stephon Gilmore, and the Bengals and Bills took them before the Lions even got to choose. I am glad they went with Reiff. He's played very well when he has gotten to play, and he's probably going to replace Jeff Backus soon.

Nah, the Lions are fine at QB.

Safety, RB, and another good OT like Reiff are probably their three biggest needs imo.
    O-Line is usually a safe route to take, but I prefer a good TE though, which I think they need as well.

Could you imagine if DET got someone like Gronk?

Well, I tend to stick to my dad's philosophy. He thinks that first, you need a strong O-line and D-line to build a team for long-term success. And seeing as Reiff is the only really good OT they have, I think they do need to go OT again.
    Eh, you might be right about TE, but I don't see it as a huge necessity. At least, nothing like Safety or RB.

Your team is the Vikings, right? What do they need?

Well, I tend to stick to my dad's philosophy. He thinks that first, you need a strong O-line and D-line to build a team for long-term success. And seeing as Reiff is the only really good OT they have, I think they do need to go OT again.
    Eh, you might be right about TE, but I don't see it as a huge necessity. At least, nothing like Safety or RB.

Your team is the Vikings, right? What do they need?
    His philosophy is pretty close to mine. Protection and pass rush are the foundation. Next comes QB, TE, RB. I think TE is probably the most overlooked position. That or FB.

a long list lol we're still rebuilding

Strong Safety, CB, OGuard, and a WR opposite of Harvin to name some

Sounds like what he would think, and the Lions need all of that except for QB. TE, I don't see as a huge priority. Pettigrew and Scheff are fine.

Yet your Vikings are ahead of my Lions.

Pettigrew likes to drop the ball alot though, doesn't he? And FB's are useless imo. Wish CHI had a TE who didn't drop the ball every time it got thrown to him, or y'know, tried to block once in a while. Though that could be said for most of our OL. -.-
    Really if the Bears' players could block there wouldn't really be a weakness anywhere. Do the Lions have a solid reciever other than CJ now w/o Burleson? And do the Vikes have... erm.. Anybody but Harvin?

Jerome Simpson has potential but I wouldn't rely too much on him. We also have Rudolph who we need to utilize more.

The Lions TEs arent very reliable. They need a big aggressive TE that is safe for 3rd downs. I see them starting to build like PIT but better

Yeah, that's true. :/ I don't know. I just don't see TE as a huge need for the Lions. Maybe sometime down the road.

Do the Bears have anyone besides Brandon Marshall at WR?
    And the Lions still have Titus Young and and Ryan Broyles, although I'd like to see the Lions next two games or so before passing judgement on the two. After all, Broyles is a rookie (but I like him so far, he already has 2 TDs), and Titus got off to a slow start, but had a great game against Seattle. I personally think Titus's slow start is due to him recently becoming a father and not being right in the head because of it. I figured eventually, he'd settle down and have the breakout season everyone was expecting him to have. But I want to see another game or two before I'm willing to say he'll be fine.

Just be glad you don't have the Bear's TEs. No offense, but even my Bear's fan friends hate them lol

WR Alshon Jeffery was a good pick for the Bears.

Page 124 of 257 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast