Page 129 of 264 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Say what you want about Chicago fans, you're a Lions fan, of course you don't like us. I have heard/seen the same thing with Lions fans, it's called a rivalry. And really I see more complaining about everything that's bad than being cocky about what's going well from this side.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    I don't like it at all, because most Bears fans I've met are incredibly cocky. Plus, Chicago is spoiled sports-wise. The Bears are good, the Bulls are good, the Blackhawks are canceled but still good, and heck, the White Sox had a great season and probably should have made the playoffs instead of the Tigers. And I'm sure there are some great college teams in the Chicago area.

All Detroit (and Michigan, for that matter) has are the canceled Red Wings who are nowhere near as good as they used to be, the Incredible Choking Tigers, and maybe some college basketball that nobody cares about.

But that's going off-topic. I'm not predicting a score for PHI-NO, but I do think NO pulls out a narrow win.
    You sound spoiled yourself. Come now, the Detroit area has some great teams. The Red Wings are one of the most successful teams in the history of the NHL, and the Tigers made it to the World Series finals. I'll give you the Lions and Pistons, but still, the Detroit area has it a hell of a lot better than other places like Cleveland, Seattle, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Oakland, Tampa Bay, etc.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Eagles better win tonight one I took them while my dad took the Saints and two I really dislike the Saints A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    Say what you want about Chicago fans, you're a Lions fan, of course you don't like us. I have heard/seen the same thing with Lions fans, it's called a rivalry. And really I see more complaining about everything that's bad than being cocky about what's going well from this side.
    The ones on places like ESPN and Bleacherreport are incredibly cocky. Granted, both places are cesspools, but still...
    Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    You sound spoiled yourself. Come now, the Detroit area has some great teams. The Red Wings are one of the most successful teams in the history of the NHL, and the Tigers made it to the World Series finals. I'll give you the Lions and Pistons, but still, the Detroit area has it a hell of a lot better than other places like Cleveland, Seattle, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Oakland, Tampa Bay, etc.
    Detroit pales in comparison to large-market areas, like New York, LA, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, etc., though. Plus, it's like I said earlier. The Red Wings aren't anywhere near as good as they used to be (heck, I'd argue that the Blackhawks are better than them now), and the Tigers choked in the World Series and only got good recently. They sucked for most of my life.

And I don't think the Lions are that bad. They're not elite, but they're not the doormats of the NFC North/NFL anymore, either. Their dominant win against the Jags proves that.

But we're going way off-topic, and I apologize for that. I have a bit of an inferiority complex. Moving on...

Oh, for the love of...

13 times! This is 13 freaking times this season that the Eagles have managed to turn the ball over in the redzone. I don't get this. They've been screwed over by these turnovers so many times you'd think ball security would be a better priority for them.

Geez, learn to hold onto the damn ball.

Like I said, either they make it close or go off on a tear. Starting to look like the latter.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

NO/PHI game wasn't as good as I hoped it would be :/

Oh well

Holy dooly! 7 sacks?! 99-Yard INT TD?! Am I watching the same team as last week?!

Granted the Eagles were basically running practice squad guys on their line, but I for one thought the Saints D couldn't even put pressure on a statue, let alone Vick. Color me mildly impressed.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Prediction time:

Spoiler:- week9predictions:
    Perfection, except for what I actually predicted to happen in the games for the most part lol.

Picked the Saints over the Eagles, quite simply, because the Eagles are done. I can't see them winning more than two or three more games the entire season. And the Saints aren't that bad, in my opinion. They'll be back to being Super Bowl contenders next year, when they get their suspended players back, at the very least.

I would go as far as to say that the defense look better when Smith isn't on the field. Sure he had a monster game last night (2 sacks), but so did everyone else. Wilson and Gallete are both faster and younger compared to him. He had success at DT last night, But I see Bunkley and Hicks being the long term answers for now, barring any future draft choices. Either Smith is out next year, or he takes a pay cut.

As for Vilma. I can't see this defense moving forward without him. He is essentially the Drew Brees of that side of the ball. If you saw last year, he often saved Greg Williams butt a few times by checking out of some formations and getting guys in the right position. I know they brought in Lofton this year, but I see them working as a tandem along with either Harper (He is a much better OLB than SS) or Hawthorne when he gets healthy. I see Vilma moving back to MLB next season anyways.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I'm projecting a 9-7 season the rest of the way for Seattle:

We'll beat the Jets at home to go to 6-4

At Miami is looking like a close loss due to our road woes. 6-5

At Chicago is looking REALLY hard. In Seattle, we could possibly take them. In Chicago? 6-6

Arizona at home is a win. But then, I thought AT Arizona would be a win. 7-6

At Buffalo. Yeah, even on the road, we'll beat Buffalo. 8-6

San Francisco in Seattle? I think this is where we slip up at home. I don't buy the SF hype as much as others, but I think they're just on a roll against us. 8-7

Finish up at home with St. Louis. Same thing as Arizona; we SHOULD win, but we should have won IN St. Louis, too. 9-7

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Fuck Vick. I'm tired of his turnovers and poor performances, even though it is partly the (injured) offensive line's fault. Still, Marcus Vick has the right idea: trade Vick for someone useful so that Vick stops getting knocked down every play and so that Vick can stop hurting Philadelphia's offense.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seelöwe View Post
    Fuck Vick. I'm tired of his turnovers and poor performances, even though it is partly the (injured) offensive line's fault. Still, Marcus Vick has the right idea: trade Vick for someone useful so that Vick stops getting knocked down every play and so that Vick can stop hurting Philadelphia's offense.
    Even though I'm a big Seattle fan I totally agree^

Vick will suck wherever he goes. He's a rushing QB, at his age that tends to stop working. He should just retire for gods sake...

I think Vick could make a comeback if he had a healthy o-line. I think that a team should pick him up and create special packages for him and only use him in 3rd down situations. I think that's where his best future lies now.

I doubt anyone would pay him much to only play on 3rd downs, and I doubt he'd accept what they would be willing to pay him. And his fumble-happy year isn't going to help his case much w/ the better teams in the league.
    EDIT: Johnny Knox is officially out for this season now too. Just watched the injury again... It was just horrible.
    Last edited by HoboJak; 7th November 2012 at 10:04 AM.

Going to make my week 10 predictions now, since I want to get Thursday Night Football in.

Spoiler:- week10predictions:

Going to make my week 10 predictions now, since I want to get Thursday Night Football in.

Chargers vs Buccaneers - idk
    Well the Bucs have been scoring 36 ppg the last 4 games. But I am worried about our D

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Well, the Bucs haven't exactly played anyone good, so that might be part of it. Not that the Chargers are a good team, but I do think they're at least better than Oakland, KC, etc.

Your run D is actually ranked 1st in the NFL. It's your passing D that's the problem (ranked dead last in the NFL).

Well, the Bucs haven't exactly played anyone good, so that might be part of it. Not that the Chargers are a good team, but I do think they're at least better than Oakland, KC, etc.

Your run D is actually ranked 1st in the NFL. It's your passing D that's the problem (ranked dead last in the NFL).
    Yeah thats what worries me with the QBs coming up. Manning is going to have a field day

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

This is what I got for Week 10:

IND @ JAX
    NYG @ CIN
    TEN @ MIA
    DET @ MIN
    BUF @ NE
    ATL @ NO
    SD @ TB
    DEN @ CAR
    OAK @ BAL
    NYJ @ SEA
    DAL @ PHI
    STL @ SF
    HOU @ CHI
    KC @ PIT

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Yeah thats what worries me with the QBs coming up. Manning is going to have a field day
    That's how I feel with the Lions. Really, they should not have the 6th best pass defense in the NFL. They haven't been challenged in that category yet. QBs like Manning and Brees would light them up, which is why the Pack and Falcons scare me right now.

Will post mine so I don't forget again.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    Will post mine so I don't forget again.

Spoiler:

I've gotten into some big disputes over ATL vs. NO. A lot of people are picking NO.

If you are picking HOU over your own team, I should probably switch to HOU as well O_O

And thanks for picking MIN ^^

With New Orleans and Atlanta, I would suggest throwing the records out the window. The Saints always give them their best game, no matter what the record indicates. Despite being unbeaten, the Falcons aren't exactly world beaters. They've had to squeak out wins against some not so good teams. Again, I see this as either a closer game, or a blowout like last years home game.

As for me, I'm hoping Ivory stays active. He's the brusier that the Saints' running game has desperately needed lately. Move Sproles to KR/WR (He gets better yardage in both anyways) and keep a rotation of Thomas/Ingram/Ivory at RB.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Page 129 of 264 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast