Page 133 of 265 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 6607

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Came is tanking it big time this year

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Welp, that's it for me. Eagles are done for this game, and this season. Only positive I'm taking from this is that we might finally see the end of Andy Reid when this season's over.

Another thing that's bad about the NFL is the network that airs the Thursday night games (except during Week 1 and on Thanksgiving). The NFL places these games on the NFL Network, which is not available in as many homes as most larger cable channels (though I have had the channel myself for a couple months now). It's partially offset by the fact that all games on any cable channels have to be simulcast on traditional broadcast stations in the primary media markets of the home teams (but not in other areas where teams have large fanbases, like in most of Wisconsin where the NFL fandom there is run by Packers fans). Of course the home team's market can only see the game if it sells a certain amount of tickets by 8 PM Monday night.

The NFL should really give up on getting the distribution it wants for NFL Network and just offer the package to a more mainstream cable channel like TBS. As you can see, four of the Big 5 media companies own channels that air NFL games:
    Disney has ESPN
    Comcast/NBCUniversal has NBC
    News Corporation has Fox
    National Amusements (which contains CBS Corporation and Viacom) has CBS

The only one of the Big 5 that doesn't own any NFL broadcast rights is Time Warner, who was last in the game in 1997 when TNT had the first half of the season's Sunday night games. I think it's time the NFL give the Thursday night package to TBS (to protect the NBA on TNT) so that the NFL has games on channels owned by all of the Big 5 media companies, and that the Thursday night games have a larger audience than what is possible now.

EDIT: Wow Rams and 49ers play to a tie. First in 4 years. I think it's also time the NFL adopt the college overtime system. High school football, for the most part, uses it too. The purpose of overtime is for a team to eventually score and win. Ties are bad for a sports league's image, that's why the NHL dumped them 7 years ago.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 12th November 2012 at 2:23 AM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Not that it matters because the Lions season is pretty much over, but go Texans!

Ahh, great sports day for me. Cowboys beat the Eagles and the Grizzlies blow out the Heat. Also the Giants losing...
    Last edited by ebevan91; 12th November 2012 at 2:53 AM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Oh my god, what the ....
    First Cutler says "Hey, I know, I'll throw it to THE WORST RECIEVER ON THE TEAM" FUMBLE! Then, Bush decides to be stupid after gaining a ton of yards. FUMBLE!
    EDIT: Interception Tim Jennings! W00t!
    Last edited by HoboJak; 12th November 2012 at 3:03 AM.

NFL games should not end in a tie. Period. It should go to a 2nd overtime, then to a 3rd, etc....until a team wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Not that it matters because the Lions season is pretty much over, but go Texans!
    Somehow I feel this team needs to go backwards to move the slightest bit forward. Also, Madden Curse
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Somehow I feel this team needs to go backwards to move the slightest bit forward. Also, Madden Curse
    They're already accomplishing that. Maybe if they tank enough, they can draft Manti Te'o in this draft or something, along with getting Schwartz, Linehan, and Crossman fired.
    No such thing as curses.

Blind refs are blind. So much pass interference it isn't even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    Blind refs are blind. So much pass interference it isn't even funny.
    Such a frustrating game to watch.

And I think Cutler fakes injuries in big pressure games

Errr, because getting hit in the head doesn't ever cause concussions, right?

Errr, because getting hit in the head doesn't ever cause concussions, right?
    Ya but it happens every time.

Sorry I'm just frustrated w/ him

"Every time" Like the Lions game where he took a hit that would've taken tons of other QB's out, did his best to avoid getting off the field, and then came right back once they made him go back to the locker room?... The 2010 NFCCG it WAS NOT HIS CHOICE. Lovie pulled him from the game. This time, once again. Lovie already said he pulled him from the game. Wonder why he didn't get checked by the medical staff at all after the hit he got a concussion on? Because he didn't want to go out. He didn't let them check for a concussion. It's that simple, I'm tired of hearing how Cutler's a crybaby or faker or whatever.

I need to find another team to cheer for, along with the Lions. It's not possible to be a fan of them and remain sane, especially since they'll never be any good due to crappy ownership. I've been depressed all day because of this, but I'm now seeing the truth. The Lions won't ever win a Super Bowl until Ford sells the team (which won't happen).

So, which team should it be? :/

You should root for the Baguars. Or perhaps Chiefs. Both are legitimate SB contendors imo.

I need to find another team to cheer for, along with the Lions. It's not possible to be a fan of them and remain sane, especially since they'll never be any good due to crappy ownership. I've been depressed all day because of this, but I'm now seeing the truth. The Lions won't ever win a Super Bowl until Ford sells the team (which won't happen).

So, which team should it be? :/
    Despite having a down year, the Who Dat Nation is always welcoming.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

You should root for the Baguars. Or perhaps Chiefs. Both are legitimate SB contendors imo.
    lol No.

I wish LA had a football team. Even though I live in Michigan, I was born in Orange County, so I still feel some connection to LA.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    I do respect the Saints after last year.

Not my experience with Saints fans in Tampa. They are generally over the top arrogant and obnoxious here.

doesn't have to be the Bucs, but please choose another bandwagon. Go Denver or something. Honestly I think you should just stick with your team and not just hop on another team's bandwagon just because times are rough. i didn't do it with the bucs, and I am finally starting to be rewarded

Except it's the Lions. The most pathetic franchise in North American sports. William Clay Ford Sr. is the one constant here. He's the reason the Lions have sucked for decades. If he cared a bit more and wasn't so cheap, maybe the Lions would have won a Super Bowl by now. I'm sure the Bucs's owner actually cares about the team and is willing to spend a bit of time and money to get top coaching and GM talent. Ford just doesn't care, and unless he sells the team to someone who does care, the Lions are doomed to be losers forever. Furthermore, the Lions have to be the only team in the NFL with an owner this careless, except maybe the Browns.

That said, I have no intention of abandoning the Lions. I wish them all the best, but I don't think it matters. The above is what I believe, and until I'm proven wrong, I will stick with it. I just want to support a second team so I don't feel so... depressed, I guess. Preferably an AFC team, I should mention, so the Lions can be my NFC team.

Except it's the Lions. The most pathetic franchise in North American sports. William Clay Ford Sr. is the one constant here. He's the reason the Lions have sucked for decades. If he cared a bit more and wasn't so cheap, maybe the Lions would have won a Super Bowl by now. I'm sure the Bucs's owner actually cares about the team and is willing to spend a bit of time and money to get top coaching and GM talent. Ford just doesn't care, and unless he sells the team to someone who does care, the Lions are doomed to be losers forever. Furthermore, the Lions have to be the only team in the NFL with an owner this careless, except maybe the Browns.

That said, I have no intention of abandoning the Lions. I wish them all the best, but I don't think it matters. The above is what I believe, and until I'm proven wrong, I will stick with it. I just want to support a second team so I don't feel so... depressed, I guess. Preferably an AFC team, I should mention, so the Lions can be my NFC team.
    Colts would be a good wagon to hop on

I was thinking of them, because my friend is a Colts fan.

I must add that this current Lions team is no different from the teams in the 90's, and Megatron is just Barry Sanders all over again, because that's just how the Lions work. They draft someone like Barry or Megatron and sucker people into thinking that change and a Super Bowl win are just around the corner. People go to the games, buy merchandise, and Ford makes a lot of money off this superstar player. But nothing ever changes, because the coaches and GMs that Ford employs are incompetent and don't know how to build a winning team, and that's because Ford isn't interested in building a winning team. All he cares about is the money made from tickets and merchandise. When the Lions finish (at best) 6-10 this year and draft another WR in the first round, and when Megatron goes into the HoF without a Super Bowl ring, you'll all see how true all of this is.

Okay, I'm done ranting about the Lions. I'll shut up now.

Steelers are gonna win on MNF.

The super bowl will be: Texans vs. Bears/Giants, i'm calling it.
    In the beggining of the year i thought it would be Ravens vs. Giants but i'm starting to think they won't be able to beat the Texans if they meet in the playoffs. (I'm a steelers and giants fan, but i respect the ravens)
    AND THE JETS. ****ING. START. TIM. TEBOW.
    Last edited by Comebhax; 12th November 2012 at 5:29 PM.

If there is one player I can't stand, it's Roddy White.

As usual, he always has to talk trash before he plays the Saints. And most of it takes it too far, mostly making jokes about Katrina and the team and other serious stuff. This year he says the Falcons were going to run the table, and you know what happened after that right.

He says "It's not like they came out here and won the game, we kind of game it to them"

Jeez, how pathetic is that? Just man up and take the loss and move on. This dude is the textbook definition of a sore loser. You would think that losing the last 11 out of 13 meeting with this team, he would realize that they just aren't better than them, but he just won't take a hint. Even Lofton, his former teammate told him to just shut up, man up, and move on to the next game. And if all you have to say after losing it that you "gave the game away", then it makes you look even more pathetic.

And last time I checked, the team that scores the most points wins the game. So if they didn't do that, then what exactly did they do Roddy?
    Last edited by deathseer; 12th November 2012 at 5:57 PM.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

If there is one player I can't stand, it's Roddy White.

As usual, he always has to talk trash before he plays the Saints. And most of it takes it too far, mostly making jokes about Katrina and the team and other serious stuff. This year he says the Falcons were going to run the table, and you know what happened after that right.

He says "It's not like they came out here and won the game, we kind of game it to them"

Jeez, how pathetic is that? Just man up and take the loss and move on. This dude is the textbook definition of a sore loser. You would think that losing the last 11 out of 13 meeting with this team, he would realize that they just aren't better than them, but he just won't take a hint. Even Lofton, his former teammate told him to just shut up, man up, and move on to the next game. And if all you have to say after losing it that you "gave the game away", then it makes you look even more pathetic.

And last time I checked, the team that scores the most points wins the game. So if they didn't do that, then what exactly did they do Roddy?
    Well yes,but I like him just because of the fact I dislike the Saints so anyone who trash talks them is good with me.

Page 133 of 265 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast