Page 137 of 264 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

I am glad that the Jets won, but, How the HELL did they win? Their offense is crap, the defense is mediocre, and special teams needs no comment. They are not god awful, but they are not that good either. I guess the reason that the Rams lost is due to a shitty defense and having shittenheimer as their offensive coordinator.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Great games today, especially the Jaguars-Texans and Bucs-Panthers. I'm glad the Bucs pulled off the awesome comeback, but they shouldn't have been that close against Carolina.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

LOL my friend started Stafford over Schaub this week in fantasy football.

Also, can the Cowboys please go one week without having a nail biting emotional roller coaster of a game?
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

No offense to Golden Latias, but...I can't BELIEVE Seattle lost to this Detroit team.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    No offense to Golden Latias, but...I can't BELIEVE Seattle lost to this Detroit team.
    I don't care. Nothing has changed with the Lions. They're still the crappy team they've always been, and they got lucky last year, with all those comeback wins and the Bears losing Cutler and Forte to injury. Had the latter not happened, the Lions would have NEVER made the playoffs.

And who was I kidding? The Lions won't ever be good. Their owner doesn't care about them and is too cheap to hire a REAL coach to lead them to a Super Bowl. And they are the only team in the NFL with an owner that doesn't care about them, except maybe for the Cleveland Browns. Also, Megatron is just another Barry Sanders and a scam cooked up by Ford to make more money. Fool people into thinking change and a Super Bowl win are just around the corner, draft Megatron for this very purpose, etc. If the Lions want to win a Super Bowl, it starts with Ford selling the team to someone who actually DOES care about them. I don't care who it is. He could sell the team to Eminem or Kid Rock, for all I care. I'm sure they'd care a heck of a lot more about the Lions than Ford. Seeing as nobody is disputing this, it must mean that other fans must see it as the truth, too.

Also, the ONLY reason Seattle lost was because they played in Detroit. Seattle would have won in an easy blowout had they played in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    I don't care. Nothing has changed with the Lions. They're still the crappy team they've always been, and they got lucky last year, with all those comeback wins and the Bears losing Cutler and Forte to injury. Had the latter not happened, the Lions would have NEVER made the playoffs.

And who was I kidding? The Lions won't ever be good. Their owner doesn't care about them and is too cheap to hire a REAL coach to lead them to a Super Bowl. And they are the only team in the NFL with an owner that doesn't care about them, except maybe for the Cleveland Browns. Also, Megatron is just another Barry Sanders and a scam cooked up by Ford to make more money. Fool people into thinking change and a Super Bowl win are just around the corner, draft Megatron for this very purpose, etc. If the Lions want to win a Super Bowl, it starts with Ford selling the team to someone who actually DOES care about them. I don't care who it is. He could sell the team to Eminem or Kid Rock, for all I care. I'm sure they'd care a heck of a lot more about the Lions than Ford. Seeing as nobody is disputing this, it must mean that other fans must see it as the truth, too.

Also, the ONLY reason Seattle lost was because they played in Detroit. Seattle would have won in an easy blowout had they played in Seattle.
    Cowboys and Jerry Jones. Jerry only cares about power and that's it.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Cowboys and Jerry Jones. Jerry only cares about power and that's it.
    He has to care a heck of a lot more than Ford, or else he's not as cheap as Ford is. How else have the Cowboys been so successful in the 90s?It starts with having an owner take the time and money to hire a coach talented and knowledgeable enough to lead a team to victory.

At this point, I'm almost at the point where I'm hoping the Lions finish 6-10 or worse so that Jim Schwartz can be fired and they can go get Bill Cowher or Chip Kelly or Holmgren or someone to coach the Lions, because Schwartz is clearly not the right guy to lead them to a Super Bowl. Get them on the right track and get the right talent, perhaps, but not lead them to a Super Bowl.

But I know it won't happen. No coach worth his salt wants to coach the Lions, because of Ford.

WTF has happened to Philip rivers? Went from being elite to a complete bozo with the ball, i could make better reads man. Damn if my Chargers don't fire Norv after this year that proves that the management is content with mediocrity, freakin heartbreakers man, every year we are promised high octane offense and overwhelming d-line and yet they under perform constantly. And the dude sayin the Lions are the only team who has an owner that doesn't care, read what I posted and tell me I'm wrong when i say that Spanos doesn't care about our performance

I'm a girl, first of all.

Second, the Lions are different. They have sucked for decades. Why? Because Ford is too cheap and doesn't care to get them a coach and GM competent enough to lead them to a Super Bowl. At least the Chargers have had success and won a Super Bowl in the past. The Lions have had none since the late 1950s, and they never will, because Ford keeps hiring incompetent morons like Jim Schwartz and Matt Millen to coach the Lions, when they need a Cowher or a Chip Kelly to lead them to a Super Bowl. The talent is there, but it's being wasted, because Schwartz clearly has no idea what he's doing.

To be honest, I'm starting to have my doubts about Stafford, as well. I'm not saying they should start tanking for Collin Klein right now and cut Staff in the offseason or to bench him and start Shaun Hill/Kellen Moore or anything, but I'm starting to think he's just not that good of a QB. But then again, maybe it's just a sophomore slump. After all, it's Cam Newton's second year, and he's sucked this year, too. If Staff and Cam Newton rebound next year and Andrew Luck sucks next year due to everyone having figured him out, then I'll change my mind. But for now... no.

I am, however, realizing I was wrong in assuming the Lions are one of very few teams that have an owner that doesn't care about them, and I apologize for thinking that. I get influenced easily by what other Lions fans are saying, and the way they're talking, you'd think the Lions are the worst team in the NFL and the only one that has any problems.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 19th November 2012 at 5:22 AM.

I wouldn't pass judgment on Stafford, even if he has a bad season. I felt that way about Josh Freeman last year too, but he has been playing better this year. There's just something about that second season that gets to quarterbacks.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

It's because rookie QBs are hard to scheme against, but after that first season, everyone's figured them out, and the rookie QB struggles to adjust. I realize that, and I'm saying if he has a bad season in 2013, then I'll be for cutting him.

FWIW, I expect Luck to struggle in 2013, too, when everyone has him figured him out.

Chargers have never won a Super Bowl, they've been to a total of 1 and got demolished by the 9ers...

Oh, whoops, I read that wrong. Sorry about that. xD

At least they've been to a Super Bowl, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I wouldn't pass judgment on Stafford, even if he has a bad season. I felt that way about Josh Freeman last year too, but he has been playing better this year. There's just something about that second season that gets to quarterbacks.
    You mean the 'Sophomore Slump'? *COUGH* Cam Newton *COUGH*

It's because they get a fat head from the year before and then Defenses start planning for them and they aren't prepared.

Eh. I'll be concerned if Staff continues to suck next year. If he does, then I'll call him a bust.
    He is a pretty classy guy, though, from what I've read about him in the offseason. He's not the type to get a fat head, as you put it, despite that one ESPN commercial of him with that airbrushed shirt of himself. That's pretty much the opposite of what he's really like.

On another note, Scott Linehan was getting chewed out by the Lions WR coach on the sidelines. Could be a sign Lions will be shopping for a new OC soon or in the offseason, which is fine, because Linehan has been a failure of an OC for the Lions, even last year. If he was a good OC, the Lions would have had more games like the Chargers game last year, where they played 60 minutes and dominated the entire time.

Eh. I'll be concerned if Staff continues to suck next year. If he does, then I'll call him a bust.
    He is a pretty classy guy, though, from what I've read about him in the offseason. He's not the type to get a fat head, as you put it, despite that one ESPN commercial of him with that airbrushed shirt of himself. That's pretty much the opposite of what he's really like.

On another note, Scott Linehan was getting chewed out by the Lions WR coach on the sidelines. Could be a sign Lions will be shopping for a new OC soon or in the offseason, which is fine, because Linehan has been a failure of an OC for the Lions, even last year. If he was a good OC, the Lions would have had more games like the Chargers game last year, where they played 60 minutes and dominated the entire time.
    Well it's a common thing w/ athletes to do good one year and then they expect to do the same thing the next. Consistent composure isn't really learned until years 3 or 4. (Luck and Weeden are going to be exceptions to this next year. They will be the same or better)

I blame it on Detroit's coaching & play calling. Once they establish their RB position (Mikel Leshoure doesn't cut it for me), things will get better for Stafford. They don't have enough 'QB confidence playcalls'

Why? What makes them so special? That isn't fair.

I still think they need another beastly OT like Reiff in the first round or some DE before they can think about drafting a RB. Because Riley Reiff has been the lone bright spot on the Lions O-Line, and their D-Line is overrated. At least, they need people who are better at blocking the pass. They have enough guys who are good at run blocking.
    But the Lions draft BPA, and if a WR is the BPA, they'll go for him. At this point, I'm fine with that. Then they can cut Titus Young, because he's immature and not that good of a WR. Ryan Broyles has far more talent than he does and should be getting more snaps than him.

In other, non-Lions related News, Maryland is now a member of the Big Ten, for some reason. Why? What's the point of that?

Why? What makes them so special? That isn't fair.
    That is my opinion. I feel they are more poised than you're average rookie QB. I feel like RG3 is going to have a worse slump than Newton.

I know I can't exactly talk, but man. I have never seen a fanbase that seems to hate whatever they're fans of more than Lions "fans." Why the heck do they even bother being fans if they hate they hate the team so much? Get out of Michigan or move to the Upper Peninsula, where Packers fans are abundant and hop on someone else's bandwagon if you're going to be like that. Disgusting. I'm frustrated with the Lions, but I would never call them pussies or losers, as if their grannies could play better football than most of the team.

On the other big football topic of the day: Wait, Maryland AND Rutgers are joining the Big 10? How long have they been talking about this, and again I ask, why? They're not even in the Midwest! They're not going to make the Big 10 suck less than it already does. Jim Delany is an idiot who doesn't give a flipping fajita about tradition.

On the other big football topic of the day: Wait, Maryland AND Rutgers are joining the Big 10? How long have they been talking about this, and again I ask, why? They're not even in the Midwest! They're not going to make the Big 10 suck less than it already does. Jim Delany is an idiot who doesn't give a flipping fajita about tradition.
    I agree with you.

The Big Ten should have stayed at 12 for football (but swap the Michigan schools with Wisconsin and Illinois to create East and West Divisions as I do not like the idea of UM and OSU being in separate divisions, and it's a well-known fact that Bo and Woody wouldn't have liked it either), and focus on shoring up its basketball status by adding two well-known Indiana schools as non-football members:

*Butler University in Indianapolis from the Atlantic 10 Conference (which they just joined from the Horizon League) and

*the University of Notre Dame in South Bend from the Big East Conference (instead of letting them go to the ACC and the associated increase in travel costs for conference games).

Butler and ND would stay where they are for football now: Butler has a non-scholarship program in the Pioneer Football League, and Notre Dame is an FBS independent which schedules many top FBS programs each year. ND would of course start playing five games against Big Ten teams each year (the same deal they would have in the ACC): annual rivalries with Michigan, MSU and Purdue, and maybe Indiana if Navy drops their series with ND because of scheduling issues that will come with Navy joining the Big East in a couple years, and between 1-2 rotating games against the other Big Ten football teams.

MD is fine where they are now and I think Rutgers would have been a better fit in the ACC because they could have renewed some of their former Big East rivalries.

Prior to today this is what I had the ACC look like for football by 2020:

North:
    Boston College
    Connecticut
    Maryland
    Pittsburgh
    Rutgers
    Syracuse
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech

South:
    Clemson
    Duke
    Florida State
    Georgia Tech
    Miami
    North Carolina
    North Carolina State
    Wake Forest

Now I have replaced Maryland and Rutgers with Temple and Villanova. The latter would have to bring its football team from FCS (where they play as an associate member of the Colonial Athletic Association) to FBS though.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 19th November 2012 at 10:37 PM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

This is embarrasing. Tice has no idea how to call a game, our O-line has no idea how to block, Campbell gets scared and checks down every time he gets the ball, Forte can't get anywhere, our D is just sitting around on the field the entire time, they're gonna be worn out wayyy too fast if they aren't already. Can't wait for Jay to get back...

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    This is embarrasing. Tice has no idea how to call a game, our O-line has no idea how to block, Campbell gets scared and checks down every time he gets the ball, Forte can't get anywhere, our D is just sitting around on the field the entire time, they're gonna be worn out wayyy too fast if they aren't already. Can't wait for Jay to get back...
    It's not Tice's fault @ all...

The 49ers D line is just a ridiculous mismatch for the bears O-line

Hate to say I told you so, but I'm in no position to talk, so I won't say anything.

I knew Colin Kaepernick was going to rip them apart. They should have started him @ the beginning of the season

Yeah but Tice didn't do much to spread the field... Leaving recievers in to block means they can rush more and still double-cover all the recievers. The O-Line plays much better when Jay is in, but they fall apart without him, as he's the only one who will yell at them when they do something wrong. The coaches just really need to take charge imo, or we need a new backup who is also a complete jerk.
    But I think the biggest problem (other than the line, of course) was the fact Campbell was too scared to throw it anywhere, and Tice was too scared to let him throw, and kept running over and over even when it wasn't working. the checkdown behind the line to Forte on 3rd and 11 was blatant stupidity on Campbell's part.

EDIT: Nevermind, Campbell checking down wasn't anything to do with Tice, and was probably the reason he ended up calling so many runs. The one deep pass I can remember Campbell throwing (Which was massively underthrown, and ended up w/ Brandon tumbling to the ground trying to catch it w/ on hand...) was because Marshall ran over and told him to throw him the ball. The deep pass he made to Marshall in the Texans game was an audibile, but I'd bet it was the same thing... Campbell has no confidence in his ability. :|
    Last edited by HoboJak; 20th November 2012 at 8:56 AM.

Page 137 of 264 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast