Page 141 of 253 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 6318

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    I'll be rooting for Notre Dame (and on a side-note, I hope Manti Te'o wins the Heisman) but I'm bummed Oregon didn't make it to Miami. Oh well. And throw in one more for ND getting crushed in the championship, no way their offense can keep pace with an SEC team. Their only hope is that their defense slows down their opponent enough for the offense to eek out a win.
    If Notre Dame wins, it'll be in a low-scoring slugfest. If Alabama wins it'll probably be a blowout.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    If Notre Dame loses, it'll be a blowout. If Alabama wins it'll be a blowout.
    Fixed* Those are the two real possibilities.

All of Notre Dame's games have been close. I doubt Bama will be able to blow them out. ND's Defense is pretty stout. Should be a good one.

Texans, Texans, Texans, Texans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A TRUE SAIYAN ALWAYS SPRINKLES WHEN HE TINKLES

Hoping my Vikings kick the crap out of overrated GB this weekend. Both of us are coming off of terrible losses and GB is just awful.

So glad the Falcons won tonight though. How about that Drew Brees?!

I had other things to do last night but lol 5 interceptions and 0 TD's, ELITE. Guess he can say bye to his streak.

I'd still take Brees over most (not all) QBs even though he had 0 TDs and 5 INTs last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I'd still take Brees over most (not all) QBs even though he had 0 TDs and 5 INTs last night.
    I wouldn't, though that's more due to my team than him. If the Bears had a decent O-Line I'd take him, or Brady, or I'd just stick w/ Cutler. I think P-Manning is a bit overrated, and he's out in a few years anyway, E-Manning just isn't very good, and Aaron Rodgers gets more credit than he's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    I wouldn't, though that's more due to my team than him. If the Bears had a decent O-Line I'd take him, or Brady, or I'd just stick w/ Cutler. I think P-Manning is a bit overrated, and he's out in a few years anyway, E-Manning just isn't very good, and Aaron Rodgers gets more credit than he's worth.
    Peyton Manning is definitely not overrated...The man reads defenses like he called the defense's play himself.

Despite his performance, I'd still give Drew Brees a top 5 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Hoping my Vikings kick the crap out of overrated GB this weekend. Both of us are coming off of terrible losses and GB is just awful.

So glad the Falcons won tonight though. How about that Drew Brees?!
    I rarely do this but GB never had a loss by more than 10 points For 3 years until last night. They'll crush the Vikings

Oh and @Hobojack Aaron Rodgers plays behind an oline thats worse yhan the bears. Yet hes the best right now. Overrated?

Brees is arguably the best quarterback in the NFL. You can make an argument for Peyton, Brady, or Rodgers, but I'd definitely go with Brees if I could choose.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Brees is arguably the best quarterback in the NFL. You can make an argument for Peyton, Brady, or Rodgers, but I'd definitely go with Brees if I could choose.
    I wouldn't pick Rodgers for anything...

Brees is probably in my top 3 behind Brady and Peyton though.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Peyton Manning is definitely not overrated...The man reads defenses like he called the defense's play himself.
    I hear a lot of talk of him being MVP or that he's the best QB in the league. Ignore the fact Brady has more attempts passing, and still 5 less interceptions etc. etc. And the Broncos won a playoff game last year w/o him, so unless they win the AFC what's the big difference? I admit he is a top 10/top 5 QB but he isn't the best in the league, nor is he MVP worthy this year imo. Hence overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    Oh and @Hobojack Aaron Rodgers plays behind an oline thats worse yhan the bears. Yet hes the best right now. Overrated?
    Meh, had something written out, not in the mood for it though. Also on the point that GB has a worse O-Line that is debateable.... Sack #s can be decieving.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Please tell me you are joking. You aren't joking, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Please tell me you are joking. You aren't joking, are you?
    I really hope he's joking. He's probably a top 5 QB for sure, though.

One bad performance does not a bad QB make. Despite his 5 INTs and 0 TDs (and 3 fantasy points, thanks a lot, Drew), Brees is still an elite QB and is easily top five in the league.

1. Brady
    2. Peyton Manning
    3. Brees
    4. Rodgers (Brees and Rodgers may shuffle back-and-forth from time to time)
    5. Matt Ryan?

Did you guys hear about the Chiefs player who shot his girlfriend then shot himself at the team's practice facility?

Heard about it an hour or so ago, Jovan Belcher, Killed himself in front of the GM and HC.... That's messed up.

Bring on Alabama!

I was hoping for a national title game without any SEC team, to, you know, make up for last year. But of course K-State had to lose to Baylor. Whatever the case, Notre Dame will dethrone Alabama and the SEC.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Damn Alabama had 350 rushing yards against one of the best defenses in the SEC.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 2nd December 2012 at 1:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Bring on Alabama!

I was hoping for a national title game without any SEC team, to, you know, make up for last year. But of course K-State had to lose to Baylor. Whatever the case, Notre Dame will dethrone Alabama and the SEC.
    I think you are dreaming. Norte Dame is lucky not to have 2 losses. Stanford should have gone to overtime with the "mighty" Irish. Pitt should have beat the "mighty" Irish if not for a phantom PI call and an awful, awful miss on a 33 yard field goal. Notre Dame is going to crash back to reality. Their 12-0 season is a paper tiger ala Ohio State 2006. Lacey and Yeldon will run all over the place. Notre Dame won't be able to stop their ground game
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 2nd December 2012 at 1:51 AM.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    One bad performance does not a bad QB make. Despite his 5 INTs and 0 TDs (and 3 fantasy points, thanks a lot, Drew), Brees is still an elite QB and is easily top five in the league.

1. Brady
    2. Peyton Manning
    3. Brees
    4. Rodgers (Brees and Rodgers may shuffle back-and-forth from time to time)
    5. Matt Ryan?
    Actually I agree with your list, I just don't think he's the best in the league like many people here have stated, but top three seems right for him. I'm not sure Brady is the best, he used to but know he just isn't the same. Matt Schaub is underrated non?
    Last edited by Zorocario; 2nd December 2012 at 3:03 AM.

In other games:

Pitt beat USF and in all likelihood is headed to the Pinstripe Bowl to play their rivals West Virginia

Texas is leading K-State and is looking to get into the Cotton Bowl in which they could play their rivals, Texas A&M

It's really sad that in order to see our favorite rivalries we have to rely on the bowls. But as long as they have those chances to play we're good.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Lol Nebraska looks pitiful. Absolute domination by Wisconsin....
    EDIT: Bears not done yet.... Thank you Marsall, Jay, Gould.... Bear Down! Don't screw up now!
    Last edited by HoboJak; 2nd December 2012 at 9:06 PM.

Seattle beats the BEARS in Chicago, after having lost to Arizona, Miami, Detroit, and St. Louis all on the road. Because sure. Why not?

EDIT: 49ers just missed a FG with about 4 minutes left in OT. I'd LOVE to see the Rams and them tie twice in one year.
    Last edited by Sid87; 2nd December 2012 at 9:26 PM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Page 141 of 253 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast