Page 142 of 264 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Thank you defense. Lovely play. I'd also like to thank Seattle's OL for holding so much, the refs for not calling it, Major Wright for dropping a game winning interception, Lovie & Rod for not knowing how to call plays when the game is on the line, etc etc...

We almost had a second tie between STL and SF today. The NFL needs to face the facts and adopt the college overtime system and do away with ties.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    Thank you defense. Lovely play. I'd also like to thank Seattle's OL for holding so much, the refs for not calling it, Major Wright for dropping a game winning interception, Lovie & Rod for not knowing how to call plays when the game is on the line, etc etc...

I didn't watch the game until Fox switched over to it in OT, so I can't counteract that too much, but penalties were 8-55 against Seattle and 5-45 against Chicago, so I doubt the refs were in Seattle's pocket. And Seattle owned every stat in the game. Total yards (459 - 358), time of possession (34:35 - 32:52), First downs (25-20), Total plays run (71 - 59), etc. So it's not like Seattle was out there like a blind squirrel being given nuts by the refs and the Bears' own ineptitude.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

The bears were leading in total yards early - and the Seattle drive to take the lead before CHI brought it into OT (That one where we should've closed it out) was 98 yards, that accounts for most of that lead. And also accounts for the first down lead. There were 2 or 3 people holding on the TD at the end of that drive, and the play before. Also some false starts that weren't called in the first half, though those I'll excuse as the refs simply missed it... But there was an offensive lineman of he seahwaks holding all game long qand he got called for it just once... Props to Seattle, though.

In other news it is now official "Blow the lead" week, with the Vikings, Lions, 9ers, Bears, etc. managing to lose.
    Last edited by HoboJak; 2nd December 2012 at 10:48 PM.

You sound pretty butthurt, but I didn't watch the game and our offensive line is absolutely terrible, so it's all entirely possible. The bit about Chicago leading in stats early is a little silly, though. So they were leading until they weren't? Wow, magic. Keep in mind, if Seattle hadn't choked on that 50 yard pass with 20 seconds left, the game wouldn't have even gone into OT, so teams giving gifts goes both ways.

Can we finally put Russell Wilson in the OROY conversation?

It's still RG3's award to lose, but goddamn it Wilson leads TWO game winning drives for a combined 175 yards against one of the best defenses in NFL history and the first thing ESPN does is fawn over Andrew Luck's 3 INT game.

The Ravens will never win anything with Joe Flacco. Especially with the furthering decline of their defense exposing just how pedestrian he is. They are probably the worst good team in the league. If they didn't have Ray Rice, they wouldn't even be over .500

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    You sound pretty butthurt, but I didn't watch the game and our offensive line is absolutely terrible, so it's all entirely possible.
    Just a bit angry, and tired of seeing holding not called against us, for whatever reason.

The bit about Chicago leading in stats early is a little silly, though. So they were leading until they weren't? Wow, magic.
    What I meant by "early" was more "until the last couple drives". Seattle got first possession in OT, only natural they ended up winning T.O.P - before that the Bears were. The Seahawks gained control of Total yards on their last drive before OT, total plays run they either got right before OT or during it. My point is the Bears outplayed the Hawks until the very end - thus Lovie & Rod being unable to call a few plays and close out the game is the obvious conclusion.

Keep in mind, if Seattle hadn't choked on that 50 yard pass with 20 seconds left, the game wouldn't have even gone into OT, so teams giving gifts goes both ways.
    And if Lovie had simply called a FG earlier in the game rather than going for it on 4th and inches than you guys would've needed a TD anyway. That and the spot was poor on that play imo, should've been a 1st down anyway, but that's another matter. And if Bennett hadn't dropped his would-be second TD pass we would've been up by 11 or more.

Just a blown game overall by the defense. Move on and improve I guess. Props to Jay & Brandon, they both played very well until the very end. Would've liked if it wasn't wasted though. Good luck getting to the playoffs Seattle.

The Texans clinched!!!!!!! Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

So Florida will be playing Louisville.

Interesting....only because the coach there used to be the defensive coordinator for our team.

I'm a little irked that we didn't get to play Oklahoma for a rematch of the 2008 National Championship.

Northern Illinois WHY.

I'm kind of peeved Georgia Tech and Iowa State got into bowls over Middle Tennessee. After all, MTSU did beat GT earlier in the season and GT got a 6-7 record. The bowl system is too biased towards AQ teams. Louisiana Tech I can understand, they declined the invitation.

Of course, MTSU-Tulsa in the Liberty Bowl could have been a C-USA preview. MTSU is also in the state of Tennessee where the Liberty Bowl is played as opposed to Iowa State. I can't believe they picked a mediocre Iowa State team over MTSU.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 3rd December 2012 at 4:48 AM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

The BCS bowls suck outside of Oregon-KSU
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I can't remember the last time I was so ready for a football season to be over, or at least for the post-season to hurry up and get here already. The Eagles probably won't win another game this season, and it's just getting painful to follow now.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    The BCS bowls suck outside of Oregon-KSU
    This is so true, sadly.

At least the Browns aren't the worst team in football this year.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    At least the Browns aren't the worst team in football this year.
    The Browns have actually been one of my favorite teams this year. They are definitely better than their record

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    The Browns have actually been one of my favorite teams this year. They are definitely better than their record
    They've had a bunch of close games right?
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

They've had a bunch of close games right?
    Yes. Against teams that were projected to blow them out too.

Their only problems have been closing a game and injuries.

Who's ready for MNF?! I'll be at the game, I can't wait. Go Skins!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Actually I agree with your list, I just don't think he's the best in the league like many people here have stated, but top three seems right for him. I'm not sure Brady is the best, he used to but know he just isn't the same. Matt Schaub is underrated non?
    I almost put Matt Schaub on there. On some days he may take the fifth spot instead of Matty Ice, but overall I think Matt Ryan is better.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Yes. Against teams that were projected to blow them out too.

Their only problems have been closing a game and injuries.
    I'm just a fan. When it comes to terminology and statistics, I know next to nothing about football. How do you think the Browns could improve? Better players, coaches, management?
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    I'm just a fan. When it comes to terminology and statistics, I know next to nothing about football. How do you think the Browns could improve? Better players, coaches, management?
    Well a team could always use better players. The Brown's D especially. Weeden is an underrated QB is only going to improve and Richardson will hopefully do the same. I think with them, they are just starting to build something good.

Statistics usually mean nothing to me. There's too many variables to predict so I don't pay attention to them much.

Did you guys hear about the Chiefs player who shot his girlfriend then shot himself at the team's practice facility?
    Yes, unfortunately. When I first heard of it, I actually felt speechless, I didn't even know what to think. Now that some times gone by, it's still pretty weird, thinking a guy I've seen play for the past few years would do something like that.

I thought the Chiefs handled it well, although that's hard to truely measure given such a circumstance. I thought the moment of silence before the game was done appropriately, for victims of domestic violence, rather then for their previous teamate. They've also established a trust fund to help in taking care of the couple's young daughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    Lol Nebraska looks pitiful. Absolute domination by Wisconsin....
    EDIT: Bears not done yet.... Thank you Marsall, Jay, Gould.... Bear Down! Don't screw up now!
    That Big 10 game was awesome- I enjoyed seeing Nebraska get stomped. I got to give credit to take QB for that great TD run, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    We almost had a second tie between STL and SF today. The NFL needs to face the facts and adopt the college overtime system and do away with ties.
    There's been a lot of near-ties this year, but only 1 completed. For me, only ties become commonplace, I'm fine with the current rules. I especially think the new rule allowing both teams a posession if the first team score a field goal is working very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    So Florida will be playing Louisville.

I'm a little irked that we didn't get to play Oklahoma for a rematch of the 2008 National Championship.

Northern Illinois WHY.
    I'm pretty much always annoyed with the BCS matchups, but my thinking is that they should include only the top 10 teams, regardless of whether the conference champions are outside of that. This year, that's a little weird, because from 3 to 10 there are 5 SEC teams, meaning one of the games would be all SEC. Not that that's bad (to me), but I wouldn't want it to be a rematch. Umm...it would be possible though- Georgia didn't play A&M or LSU this year.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Coach a top tier B1G team and continue to compete with OSU year in and year out.

Go to SEC and get stomped by A&M, 'Bama, LSU, and Florida.

From the state of Wisconsin I'd like to extend a big F*ck you to Brett Bielma, and pray that Andy Reid comes here to coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    Coach a top tier B1G team and continue to compete with OSU year in and year out.

Go to SEC and get stomped by A&M, 'Bama, LSU, and Florida.

From the state of Wisconsin I'd like to extend a big F*ck you to Brett Bielma, and pray that Andy Reid comes here to coach.
    I have a feeling Paul Chryst is going to take the job, which will put Pitt in the hilarious position of looking for their 5th different head coach in about 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I'm pretty much always annoyed with the BCS matchups, but my thinking is that they should include only the top 10 teams, regardless of whether the conference champions are outside of that. This year, that's a little weird, because from 3 to 10 there are 5 SEC teams, meaning one of the games would be all SEC. Not that that's bad (to me), but I wouldn't want it to be a rematch. Umm...it would be possible though- Georgia didn't play A&M or LSU this year.
    Yeah...this has been a weird year. Mainly because all year I really haven't seen a team at #1 that deserved to be up there. Alabama's probably still the best, but ,honestly, the SEC isn't all that strong as a whole this year like in previous years.

But still...Bama better beat ND. Don't be the team to break the streak Bama!

Page 142 of 264 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast