Page 149 of 253 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 6320

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

^ The Chargers have a decent defense.

Holy crap, Packers. I wish we did that to the Titans.

thanks to tom brady, wes welker, andre johnson, adrian peterson and deangelo williams for collectively shitting the bed today
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Well lets look at it this way

If the Giants lose another game (which is VERY possible given they play the Ravens today) IT doesn't matter about todays Redskins win. It will STILL come down to the Boys-Skins Game next week.
    Might I mention that the Boys can STILL get in as a wildcard (granted, this is a stretch, it requires the Bears and Vikings to lose another game, but its STILL a possible scenario)

the NFC is ****ing nuts yall
    oopsie

Usually I don't complain about refereeing, but the Broncos-Browns refs are shitting it up. They threw some ridiculous flag on Brandon Stokley for getting shoved into a defender, didn't overturn an interception that clearly got moved when it was brought to the ground (which I've seen overturned at least half a dozen times this season), and gave Champ Bailey a ludicrous unnecessary roughness call for touching a scrambling Brandon Weeden before he hit the ground (even the announcers agreed that it was awful). I mean, the Broncos are still up and outplaying them, but ******** is ********.

I just noticed something. In each of the last six seasons that CBS had the Super Bowl (including this season) - 1991, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012 - the Steelers have missed the playoffs. They have not made the playoffs in a year CBS had the Super Bowl since 1989.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Giants currently down by over 2 scores.

Only thing that can save them now is some random Eli magic.

I'm kind of hoping that Carolina loses and/or Tampa Bay wins next week, it would mean that like the Lions, the Panthers would finish last in their division. That way, the Thanksgiving schedule for next year can be:

Carolina at Detroit (12:30, FOX) - would be first Thanksgiving appearance for Panthers in franchise history
    Denver at Dallas (4:25, CBS) - Denver won the division this year so they would be a better TV draw than the Raiders who are also going to visit Dallas next year
    Buffalo at Cleveland (8:20, NBC) - would Buffalo's first Thanksgiving game in 19 years, and Cleveland's first in 24 years.

The other 2 night games that weekend could be:

Atlanta at Green Bay on Sunday Night
    Miami at Tampa Bay on Monday Night
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 24th December 2012 at 12:30 AM.
    -----

They won't give it to Carolina.

It'll be Giants @ Detroit, because that huge market in New York is too much to resist. If not the Giants, then it'll be the Packers. Again. *yawn*

In recent years the NFL has made efforts to end some of the longer Thanksgiving droughts, including scheduling teams that have/had never been on Thanksgiving before. Houston's appearance this year, for example, was their first on Thanksgiving in their 11-year history.
    -----

But Houston is also an enormous market. Charlotte is tiny, much smaller than even Detroit's.

But what do I know? I became a fan fairly recently, and my dad told me they always go for the teams with the largest fanbases/markets, and this year, it was pretty much between Houston and Indianapolis. Maybe if it is Carolina, that'll give the Lions a chance to finally end that horrible Thanksgiving streak. They beat Carolina last year, they can do it again.

And I hope I did not just jinx that.

Either way, so the Lions will have to travel to Arizona again next season, huh? Well, crap. There's one game they probably won't win.

Seattle is TRASHING the 49ers, 35-6.

I was really worried about this game at kick-off, thinking we'd lose 21-17 or so and halt our growing momentum. The reality has been anything BUT.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

The Seattle Seahawks are going to win the Super Bowl.

I'm calling it right now.

They're getting hot at the right time, just like the Giants last year and the Packers before that.

Nah; a rookie has never won the Superbowl. Has one ever even MADE it to the Superbowl? I'm pretty sure not, though Flacco and Sanchez got close. And [probably] losing Sherman for the playoffs will really hurt. I have zero expectations for a Superbowl appearance. But I'm crazy excited about our future.

Well, so what? Things like that don't last forever.

Yeah, I'm thinking Denver vs. Seattle for the Super Bowl.

And you should be excited about their future. I'm going to parrot what my dad said once again, because he's almost always right when it comes to sports, and I always agree with him. He told me that in a few years, the Seattle Seahawks will be one of the best teams in the NFL, because of Pete Carroll. Everyone wants to play for a guy like Pete Carroll, he said.
    Almost makes me wish we would fire Schwartz and pursue Nick Saban or Chip Kelly to replace him, because I'm sure people would love to play for those guys, too. Almost.

I'm just trying to be realistic. And mostly I'm scared of the loss of Sherman. Even if we get Browner back, Sherman is the better guy; he's just an all-out, energy guy who does everything well.

And the NFC is tough. The Packers, especially, are probably the only team that really WANTS to play Seattle in the playoffs due to the Fail Mary. Nothing in the NFC is set in stone; we could be one-and-done in the playoffs for all anyone knows.

I'd love to see Seattle/Denver, though. I have nothing but respect for Peyton Manning.

EDIT: 42-6. Damn, this game has been great to watch. I'd love to see Seattle put up 50 for a third week. And I totally think Carroll would go for 2 against Harbaugh.
    Last edited by Sid87; 24th December 2012 at 4:11 AM.

Yeah, but from what I've seen, it's not the best team that wins. It's the team that gets hot at the right time.

It was like that in the MLB playoffs, too. The San Francisco Giants got hot at the right time and took advantage of a Detroit Tigers team that had rested for too long and threw off their momentum. But that's baseball and off-topic, so I won't go there.

I know it's not set in stone, I'm just making my prediction.

This game was over by the end of the first half. Seattle look unbelievably good right now. They have a top defense and almost unstoppable offense. Says Rookie Super Bowl winner chance to me.

Barring San Fran just imploding and losing to Arizona next week, Seattle seems headed for a matchup against Washington in the first round (unless Dallas beats Washington which, really, when was the last time Dallas came through in the clutch? 1995?). That is the two hottest teams in the NFC playing in the first round, and would be an incredible game. It's just a shame it'd have to happen in the first round.

Seattle is so good this year I'm happy they're finally awesome I think they can get to the Superbowl.

I guess my concern over losing Richard Sherman was for naught. He won his appeal and won't be suspended.

5 Chiefs make the Pro Bowl, yet Brees and Graham both get snubbed?

No wonder people want to do away with the game all together
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

RG3, Trent Williams, and Lorenzo Alexander all made the Pro Bowl, with London Fletcher and Alfred Morris as alternates.
    Have to agree that RG3, Trent, and Alexander all deserved to make it (especially Trent) but I really think Morris should have made it over Frank Gore. Oh well.

I'm just stunned Jeff Saturday not only made the Pro Bowl, but had the most votes of any offensive lineman. He was mediocre all season long and was benched in Week 16.

But wait did 5 Chiefs seriously make the Pro Bowl
    Last edited by KickAsh; 29th December 2012 at 3:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    5 Chiefs make the Pro Bowl, yet Brees and Graham both get snubbed?

No wonder people want to do away with the game all together
    Is it really snubbing them since there are fantastic players in front of them? (I mean, I'd take Brees over RG3, but I can see how he got in)

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    RG3, Trent Williams, and Lorenzo Alexander all made the Pro Bowl, with London Fletcher and Alfred Morris as alternates.
    Have to agree that RG3, Trent, and Alexander all deserved to make it (especially Trent) but I really think Morris should have made it over Frank Gore. Oh well.

I'm just stunned Jeff Saturday not only made the Pro Bowl, but had the most votes of any offensive lineman. He was mediocre all season long and was benched in Week 16.

But wait did 5 Chiefs seriously make the Pro Bowl
    I've been hearing that it takes a year to get into the Pro Bowl, and a year to get out. Which really sounds pretty accurate, looking across the rosters.

And the Chiefs actually have a lot of talent, and the only reason they're a two-win team right now is their atrocious offense. I remember a lot of preseason speculation saying they'd go at least 11-5 and win the AFC West. I'm pretty sure that people were mistaken in thinking that Matt Cassel was an adequate quarterback after he went 11-5 starting for the Patriots a few years back.

EDIT: And now the Texans lost like a bunch of dummies. Any takers on Dolphins>Patriots or Chiefs>Broncos? Yeah, me neither.
    Last edited by GrizzlyB; 30th December 2012 at 9:03 PM.

I want the Chiefs and Patriots to win.
    -----

Bears won. Knocks the Giants out of play off contention (yeeeessss)

With that, it also turns tonight's game into a "Win or Go Home" scenario.
    This is gonna be a good game. (go Cowboys obviously)

How about the Longhorns pulling it together last night to win the Alamo Bowl? I should've went, I live about an hour away from San Antonio but I couldn't get any tickets. They were all "partially obstructed view" tickets. Not even worth the 200 bucks they were going up for. But I'm glad they won. Ash put that team on his back in the second half.
    oopsie

Page 149 of 253 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast