Page 150 of 265 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 6611

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

I knew Texas would win. They have one of the biggest fanbases in college football. The fact that they were playing only 75 miles from their campus was a big part of their win last night. Of course there have also been teams who weren't helped by playing close to home (or in one case, at home). Louisiana-Lafayette and UCF both made the most of their short travel distances, ULM, UCLA and San Diego State did not.

Vanderbilt plays what amounts to a 7th home game tomorrow. They have proven to be pretty dangerous at home this year - they have 4 home wins, and one of their 2 home losses was only by 4 points. And of course they're playing in a larger stadium, but when the fans do come they can be very distracting to the visiting team.

EDIT: Well the Bears aren't in despite 10 wins. I may hate the Bears as a Packer fan, but as a Browns fan I feel bad for them. The Browns were in this position 5 years ago, and haven't recovered since. I think the NFL should now go to 16 playoff teams so as to avoid this in the future. Before you start saying "the NFL shouldn't expand the playoffs", think about this: if it happened to your team, you'd change your views on it.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 31st December 2012 at 2:12 AM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

And the Lions finish 4-12. Oh well, at least they were competitive today.

I guess all we can do is see what happens in the offseason and hope that this year was a fluke. I know it's probably easy to dismiss 2011 as the fluke, but I don't know. :/ This year has felt far more fluky than 2011, what with all of their losses save two being by 10 points or less (and one of the two 10+ point losses involved Matthew Stafford having literally one of the worst games of his career) and everyone getting injured down the stretch.
    For starters, Titus Young and Stefan Logan probably won't be with the Lions after this year, which is a good start. Hoping they'll change things up with their coordinators, as well, and see how they draft. Hopefully they draft defensively. They say this draft is deep defensively, so the Lions would be wise to take advantage of that.

Here's hoping for a better 2013 season, so I can laugh at all the Lions "fans" who think the Lions are doomed until the Fords sell the team (which will never happen), because "he cares more about the money than the team." Yeah, because the owners of the other 31 teams are TOTALLY not like that. >.>

Now that the standings are final, here's who I think should visit Detroit on Thanksgiving next year:

Chicago.

Yes, the Bears who almost made the playoffs. A long time ago, the only team Detroit would play on Thanksgiving was the Bears. They have not met on that day, however, since 1999. Since the Packers, who I like, have had Detroit on Thanksgiving every odd year since 2007, I think another team should have a turn, and what better team to play Detroit on Thanksgiving than the Bears?
    -----

I agree, I wish it could be someone other than the Packers.

Still calling the Giants, though, since I know they're playing the Lions in Detroit next year.

Well. This was the season from hell. No Sean Payton, coaching in flux, and the the league's most terrible defense. 7-9 is respectable considering the circumstances. Hoping to see Smith, Ellis, and Harper cut next season since they are the biggest liabilities on defense. I think Vilma may be back, considering the huge role he has and the fact that he can still make plays (Had a INT return for a TD today). Lofton, Hawthorne, and Vilma is a pretty good LB corp. Just a a few difference makers on defense in FA (Hoping they make a run at Ed Reed or Dashon Goldson, maybe bring Tracy Porter back if they can) or the draft and we've got something good going.

I expect next year the Saints will be back in playoff contention and a viable Super Bowl contender. Payton will be back and the statistically, they can't be worse than they were this year. Still have Bress, Graham, Sproles, Colston, and Moore on offense and one of the best offensive minds at the head of it.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Seattle @ Washington next week, battle of teams that have combined to win 14 of their last 15.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Wait.

The Lions are playing the Bucs and not the Panthers next year? When did the Panthers go 7-9 and drop the Bucs to 4th in the division? Huh...

Oh well, at least it's not the Saints. I'll take the Bucs over the Saints any day.

Also, there are rumors that the Lions might fire Scott Linnehan (but that they are pursuing Pat Shurmar to replace him, which I hope isn't true) and that they might reorganize their FO and change GMs, but I doubt that's true.

So we go 10-6 and still miss the playoffs.... Nice. Ref's didn't do a good enough job giving the Packers points. Changing a rule on the spot so the Packers could get a TD? I lol'd.

EDIT: Well the Bears aren't in despite 10 wins. I may hate the Bears as a Packer fan, but as a Browns fan I feel bad for them. The Browns were in this position 5 years ago, and haven't recovered since. I think the NFL should now go to 16 playoff teams so as to avoid this in the future. Before you start saying "the NFL shouldn't expand the playoffs", think about this: if it happened to your team, you'd change your views on it.
    I still disagree with this completely. Then you'll have teams that have this problem, except with worse records.
    Last edited by HoboJak; 31st December 2012 at 8:57 PM.

So we go 10-6 and still miss the playoffs.... Nice. Ref's didn't do a good enough job giving the Packers points. Changing a rule on the spot so the Packers could get a TD? I lol'd.
    Out of curiosity, what do you think about the Bears firing Lovie? My dad thinks it was stupid and an overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you think about the Bears firing Lovie? My dad thinks it was stupid and an overreaction.
    I doubt it'll work out. Good coaches don't grow on trees, and he was a good coach, imo. The players loved him, the staff loved him, they all tried hard to win for him. I doubt we'll get those same results out of whoever we hire. We were on our way to the playoffs last year when the injury bug hit us. We made it to the NFC championship two years back, and had it not been for a tired defence in an unlucky situation against the Seahwaks, we'd be in this year.
    So yes, it was a stupid overreaction.

Lovie Smith, then, was fired after leading a team to a record better than that of last year's Super Bowl winner because a bunch of teams he didn't coach happened to have good seasons. Also, he failed to prevent Jay Cutler from getting a concussion.
    Just read this in an article, pretty much sums it up.
    Last edited by HoboJak; 31st December 2012 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Seattle @ Washington next week, battle of teams that have combined to win 14 of their last 15.
    Hows the irrational hatred of Russell Wilson going?

I don't even know what to think of the Texans anymore, I don't know if I should cry or be angry. Damn you Texans! Damn you!

As long as they do better in the playoffs this season than they did last year I'll be happy.

Lions have fired their WR coach and RB coach.

WHY would they fire their WR coach? Ugh...

But if it means Scott Linehan is gone, then fine.

Looks like Tice will be gone soon, too. Emery said he wasn't going to fire any of the rest of the staff until they get a new HC or something along those lines - so he's probably gonna leave it up to the new HC, who; unless he's a moron, will fire Tice.

Denver Broncos will win this year's Super Bowl, Denver all the way!!
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

No, I'm afraid Denver will be undone by their first-round bye like the Packers were last year. Crazier things have happened.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    Looks like Tice will be gone soon, too. Emery said he wasn't going to fire any of the rest of the staff until they get a new HC or something along those lines - so he's probably gonna leave it up to the new HC, who; unless he's a moron, will fire Tice.
    Lions O-line coach is gone, too.

Gah, why am I following all of this?! >.> It's not worth talking about right now.

And Lions "fans" still angering me. WHY can't they realize that new coaches very rarely make an impact right away? Jim Harbaugh is the rare exception, not the rule! Heck, look at Bill Belicheck! He had ONE winning season in his first six years of coaching. And that's with FAR more coaching experience prior to being HC than "Gym Shorts" here, as these Lions non-fans like to call him. AND, while you could argue that the reason Belicheck only had one winning season in his first six seasons was because he was coaching the Cleveland Browns for five of those six years, I'm sure even that Cleveland Browns team had more talent than the 0-16 Lions.
    They're all probably a bunch of old men who spent their entire lives watching the Lions suck.

I'm staying away from any and all sites related to the Lions for the next few weeks or so until people calm the heck down. If "Gym Shorts" here is fired, let me know.

Well, you may know that Broncos is the hottest team right now,well Seattle is also dangerous, but Denver has the more probability to win with the home field advantages, but I agree with you that everything can happen. Like the 2007 Patriots when thry lose to Giants when they were 16-0.

The broncos will fall apart in the playoffs. Whoever wins the SB, I'd bet on it being an NFC team. There are very few great AFC teams this year, so the Broncos could make it to the SB, but considering Manning's only won 1 superbowl - and it was 6 years ago - I doubt they would beat a team like the 9ers or whoever in the superbowl. The only AFC team that could win the SB right now imo would be *maybe* the Patriots.
    Long story shot, the AFC SUCKS.
    Last edited by HoboJak; 1st January 2013 at 2:22 AM.

Yeah, still betting on the Seattle Seahawks winning the Superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    Well, you may know that Broncos is the hottest team right now,well Seattle is also dangerous, but Denver has the more probability to win with the home field advantages, but I agree with you that everything can happen. Like the 2007 Patriots when thry lose to Giants when they were 16-0.
    But will the bye week cause the Broncos to cool off in their first playoff game? That's what I think. Teams with the first round bye don't seem to do very well compared to the rest of the playoff teams, at least when it comes to winning the Superbowl.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Well, I agree that the bye can cool down teams. But lets wait what happens in the playoffs. I expect all games good and fun. So which teams will win in the wild card and advance to the next stage? I expect that Texans, Colts, Green Bay and Seattle will advance.

Texans, Colts, Vikings, and Redskins are who I'm thinking.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Bengals(Texans are falling apart.) Ravens, Vikings(This one is up in the air, depends if it gets screwed up as usual or not.) and Seattle.
    Idk why I picked the Ravens.

Texans, Colts, Packers, and Seahawks for round 1.

Then Broncos over Texans, Patriots over Colts, Packers over Falcons, and Seahawks over 49ers.

Broncos over Patriots and Seahawks over Packers.

And, as you all know, Seahawks over Broncos for the Super Bowl.

Page 150 of 265 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast