Page 151 of 263 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 6572

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

  1. #3751
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Texans, Colts, Packers, and Seahawks for round 1.

    Then Broncos over Texans, Patriots over Colts, Packers over Falcons, and Seahawks over 49ers.

    Broncos over Patriots and Seahawks over Packers.

    And, as you all know, Seahawks over Broncos for the Super Bowl.
    Lol....First rookie to win a Super Bowl not bad, Wilson is doing a great job right now. what a steal for the Seahawks.Are you a seahawk fan?
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!



    FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

  2. #3752
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    I hope my Bengals can beat the Texans this year in the first round and get revenge. We're due for a Playoff win!
    They are on a cold streak, and the Bengals finally have beat their two rivals in a row..so I got Cincy.

  3. #3753
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Empire State of the South.
    Posts
    437

    Default

    With me being a Falcons fan, the bye week, home field advantage, and the super bowl being located in a field that we play on at least once a year, I like our chances. It will either be Atlanta, San Francisco, or the Patriots in my opinion. Everyone seems to neglect the fact that Seattle does not have homefield advantage and is terrible on the road. I really don't see them lasting past the first week. I do think that if Atlanta outlasts Green Bay or Minnesota, we will go to the Super Bowl, and beat whatever AFC team we have to play.

    And, despite the fact that Georgia was pretty much screwed out of the title game (anyone else see that hit on Aaron Murray that didn't get flagged? Or the numerous other Alabama penalties that weren't called?), I still like our chances against Nebraska, due to the fact that they're pretty much terrible. I say Georgia by at least five touchdowns.

    For the title game, I'm going with Notre Dame, due to the fact that I do not like Alabama, nor do I like shitty referees. If the same referees that called the SEC championship call the National Title, Notre Dame has no chance. I like their chances, however. Their defense is pretty good and their quarterback is essentially Johnny Manziel lite version with how elusive he is. I don't think Alabama will be able to beat Notre Dame.
    Last edited by Breeder Drew; 1st January 2013 at 8:32 AM.

  4. #3754
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    Lol....First rookie to win a Super Bowl not bad, Wilson is doing a great job right now. what a steal for the Seahawks.Are you a seahawk fan?
    Nope, I suffer as a Lions fan. And I don't care if it's never been done. That doesn't mean it can't be done.

    I'm only picking them, because they're getting hot at the right time. Just like the Giants last year and the Packers the year before that. It's the hottest team that wins the Super Bowl, not the best one.

  5. #3755
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    I'm just at a loss for words after Sunday Night's Game. Horrible.

    I can say this though. Dallas would not have beaten Seattle. They had too many injuries on their Defense (6/7 of their players hurt with some sort of nagging injury/season ending injury, that's too much). I doubt they can get anywhere with a gutted defense like that. Especially with their ENTIRE Inside linebacking core gone.
    It didn't help either that Dez was hurting and Miles was too. That leaves the next best receiver to be Witten, which WILL be double covered almost every down when those two are off the field. It hurt having Murray gone for a half a year and still not 100% for the rest of the year. Too many injuries on both sides of the ball to even THINK about a Superbowl victory.
    The worst problem though. O-LINE. I have NEVER seen a more terrible O-Line in the history of the Dallas Cowboys. It's a miracle Tony had a decent season with this atrocity. During the offseason, I want the ENTIRE line fired. I see nobody there worth building upon except Tyron Smith. Start off fresh, draft some damn good interior linemen, and get another Stud pass-rusher (Ware-esque would be great), and I envision a Lombardi Trophy being hoisted by Romo in the very near future.

  6. #3756
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Nope, I suffer as a Lions fan. And I don't care if it's never been done. That doesn't mean it can't be done.

    I'm only picking them, because they're getting hot at the right time. Just like the Giants last year and the Packers the year before that. It's the hottest team that wins the Super Bowl, not the best one.
    Yea,Understood. Detroit has talent(Megatron is amazing and Stafford is a good qb) , but I think they need to be consistent. well Seahawks is one of the teams that I like to win the super bowl. same as Denver and Atlanta. but as you said, underdogs can also win championships.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!



    FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

  7. #3757
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    Yea,Understood. Detroit has talent(Megatron is amazing and Stafford is a good qb) , but I think they need to be consistent. well Seahawks is one of the teams that I like to win the super bowl. same as Denver and Atlanta. but as you said, underdogs can also win championships.
    Tell that to the Lions fanbase. They believe a change in ownership is the only way the Lions will ever sniff a Super Bowl.
    I may like the Lions, but I can't stand the vast majority of the fanbase.

    I don't care who wins the Super Bowl, as long as it's not the Packers or Patriots.

  8. #3758
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Michigan just lost in the last few seconds. I'm SO ANGRY.

  9. #3759
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iAm_Michael View Post
    Michigan just lost in the last few seconds. I'm SO ANGRY.
    At least they gave USC a fight. I was expecting a bloodbath, personally.

  10. #3760
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    203

    Default

    I just can't wait the bcs championship.. I hope and should be an awesome game.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!



    FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

  11. #3761
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    At least they gave USC a fight. I was expecting a bloodbath, personally.
    True, but I hate the SEC in general, mostly because of their overrated hype every year. It's just more a string of luck having one very good team these last few years, but not overall very good in terms of conference depth and strength.

  12. #3762
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,914

    Default

    I don't hate the SEC (in fact I like Tennessee, and for this year only was a fan of Vanderbilt due to the brother of my favorite NFL player being on the team), I'm just sick of them winning every national title. ND will end that streak.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  13. #3763
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Yeah, but who should they be hyping up? Certainly not this incredibly weak Big 10.

  14. #3764
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,914

    Default

    Wisconsin finishes with the worst record by a team who played in a BCS game in a given season. While this BCS cycle is far from over, I have made my predictions as to who will play in next season's BCS games:

    Rose:
    Nebraska (BCS at-large from Big Ten) VS. UCLA (BCS at-large from Pac-12)

    Orange:
    Clemson (ACC champions) VS. Notre Dame (BCS at-large)

    Sugar:
    Florida (SEC champions) VS. Boise State (BCS Buster)

    Fiesta:
    Rutgers (Big East champions) VS. Kansas State (Big 12 champions)

    BCS Title Game:
    Ohio State (Big Ten champions) VS. Oregon (Pac-12 champions)

    Yes, Boise State as a BCS Buster. They announced yesterday that they were not joining the Big East next year as was planned, they are staying in the MWC. Personally though I think they should be in the Big 12. The Big 12 could use a Western presence again, and thus the Pac-12 shouldn't be the only power conference with teams in the West.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  15. #3765
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Yeah, but who should they be hyping up? Certainly not this incredibly weak Big 10.
    Hype of individual teams instead of how good the SEC is as a conference. It's like they don't remember #8 Arkansas losing to UL Monroe, Florida barely beating UL Lafeyette at home, and they are the #3 team.
    The Big Ten put up 3 very impressive games today, even with 2 of them ending in defeat. So I wouldn't think the Big Ten is too bad right now.

  16. #3766
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Empire State of the South.
    Posts
    437

    Default

    This year, there were only three or four very, very good teams in the SEC. Although, if you take that into account, that's about three or four more than most conferences. Vanderbilt is up and coming, and LSU, Florida, Georgia and Alabama are already there. It's only a matter of time until Georgia or Florida wins a national title. I'd bet Georgia over Florida, and I'm not being biased due to the fact that I'm a fan of them. They have a top five recruiting class every year, and this year's is supposed to be the best since Mark Richt became head coach. I see at least ten wins next season. As for Alabama, I think their time is up. AJ McCarron is a senior if I'm not mistaken, and should be entering the draft. I don't know how good their back up is, but I do know that they don't have a very easy schedule next year, what with having to play at Texas A and M for their second game. This Alabama "dynasty" is being incredibly over hyped, as is Nick Saban. He's a great coach, but he's had excellent players helping him along. He isn't up there with all time greats like Bear Bryant and Vince Dooley in my opinion, at least not yet.

    And, if the SEC isn't the best conference, then who is? Who should they be hyping up? The Big East? The Big Ten? The Mountain West? The fact is, love it or hate it, no conference has the number of great teams every year that the SEC has. The only reason I think Notre Dame will dethrone the SEC this year is because their quarterback is exactly the kind Alabama just cannot defend against. Their defense is stellar as well, and I don't know if McCarron will be able to overcome it.
    Last edited by Breeder Drew; 2nd January 2013 at 7:53 PM.

  17. #3767
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    I am ashamed of Florida right now. Classic case of the favored team not taking the underdog seriously. Oh well. We had an 11-2 season when most of us were hoping for 8-4. On to our excellent recruiting class this offseason

    as for the above post, i think UGA is going to lose some very important pieces to the draft next year

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  18. #3768
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    At my house
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    Next year-

    Rose

    BCS at large Wisconsin vs Stanford

    Oregon loses Chip Kelly, USC loses important pieces. Michigan and MSU can't stay consistent, this last Wisconsin year was an aberrational they've been very consistent over the last 4 seasons I predict a 10 win season for Wisconsin, they'll find a QB and that o-line will remain dominant.

    Sugar

    Texas A&M vs Texas


    Orange

    Louisville (ACC champs) vs at large Alabama

    Fiesta

    Oklahama (big 12 champs) vs Notre Dame

    Championship

    tOSU vs Flordia

  19. #3769
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mikasa (Ha get it? :3)
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Lovie is set to interview w/ the Bills for HC this weekend. Most people thought he'd be hired by the Bills, and it looks like it might happen. I very much dislike them (Mostly because my mom is a Bills fan) but would probably root for them alongside the Bears if that's where he ended up. *shrug*
    He might be able to make them not suck so much.

  20. #3770
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Eh, nothing new over the Lions blogosphere. Heard they aren't changing any of their coaching staff, which I personally disagree with (Scott Linehan and Danny Crossman should both be gone imho), but whatever. From what Schwartz and Mayhew have said, they seem to have realized they screwed up in many ways last offseason (especially by standing pat and keeping virtually the same team as 2011), and that's likely going to change. Only thing I disagree with from what Mayhew has said is that they want to keep Titus Young, but I suspect they really want to trade him. I don't know who would want Titus Young, but who knows?
    That, and they need a relatively quiet offseason. No more arrests or any of that.

  21. #3771
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Lions office wasnt that bad just foolish. They felt best would return (he didnt), leshoure could do the hard effort yards (he wouldnt unless chance of td), then whole receiver madness and back end defence. Whole scale changes

  22. #3772
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    From what Schwartz and especially Mayhew have been saying, they're going to be making some big changes. For example, I believe Mayhew said he regrets not having a Plan B for Best, which indicates he might go get another speed back to replace him through the draft or FA. He was also very disappointed in the Lions defense this season. He said the following, and he's absolutely right (though I disagree with him about Suh being the only Lions defensive player that has improved; I think Nick Fairley has, as well):
    We need guys that can impact the game. We've got a lot of guys that are good guys. They line up right, they know what their job is, but they don't impact the game. We need interceptors. We need guys that sack the quarterback. We need guys that cause fumbles, guys that make plays on third down. Those are the kind of guys that can change the game for us.
    By the way, thank you for not being on the bandwagon that wants to fire everybody and start over (at least, you don't seem to be).

  23. #3773
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    The thing about some of you predicting Ohio State to be in the National Title game is the fact they usually slip up in at least one game every season. Since the Big Ten is also not doing very well as a conference, it will be hard for them to go in as a 1 loss team. They have to play Purdue on the road next year(which is always tough for them), and even more struggles.

  24. #3774
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Empire State of the South.
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    I am ashamed of Florida right now. Classic case of the favored team not taking the underdog seriously. Oh well. We had an 11-2 season when most of us were hoping for 8-4. On to our excellent recruiting class this offseason

    as for the above post, i think UGA is going to lose some very important pieces to the draft next year
    Despite that fact, we're bringing in some of the top defensive recruits in the country. And, in case you didn't know, Jarvis Jones and co were not trained for the 3-4, but were trained for the 4-3. If they can do that well with a defensive scheme that they had never played in before coming to college, then just imagine how good the excellent recruits who know this style of defense will be. And, even if the defense is not as good, Aaron Murray is, in all likelihood, staying. We're getting back two of our four best receivers, and have excellent replacements for the ones leaving. If I were you, I'd take Georgia very seriously.

    Florida was simply not the better team last night. They were overrated all season long. They were deserving of possibly a number fifteen ranking and a trip to the Capital One Bowl, but certainly not the Sugar Bowl. As for the Fiesta Bowl, K-State isn't looking too good right now. Oregon could blow them out of the stadium.

  25. #3775
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Well, after tonights events. I'm debating on whether it was the fact Oregon is too good, or that Kansas State wasn't as good as we might've thought.

    Yet again my personal belief is that Oregon is better than Alabama, I understand that Alabama is in the National Title on the sole reason Oregon didn't win their conference because of the loss to Stanford. Considering Alabama's loss to Texas A&M didn't effect them in the SEC standings.

    Which sucks, I'm tired of the SEC winning all these championships, but maybe Notre Dame can pull it off, who knows.

Page 151 of 263 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •