Page 152 of 256 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 6381

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by iAm_Michael View Post
    Well, after tonights events. I'm debating on whether it was the fact Oregon is too good, or that Kansas State wasn't as good as we might've thought.

Yet again my personal belief is that Oregon is better than Alabama, I understand that Alabama is in the National Title on the sole reason Oregon didn't win their conference because of the loss to Stanford. Considering Alabama's loss to Texas A&M didn't effect them in the SEC standings.

Which sucks, I'm tired of the SEC winning all these championships, but maybe Notre Dame can pull it off, who knows.
    The thing about Oregon is, however, that they seem to lose every time they play against an SEC team. A good SEC team, that is.

The Bengals - Texans game is kinda wierd. Both offenses are doing well, then have a string of horrible play calls. (Texans driving down the field, get to the 30. Can't get anywhere. Play action on 3rd down was extremely predictable.) (Bengals get a great 20+ yard run. 3 passing plays in a row. Wut?)

I'm a Bengals fan, and this game is starting to aggravate me. I've never seen them win a Playoff game in my lifetime and they need to win this.

And the Bengals take the lead! Nice INT

Well, they're not in the lead anymore.

I'm more interested in tomorrow's game, tbh. But I'm returning to college tomorrow, so I probably won't watch it.

Pass interference by the Texans alot.
    Bengals pretty muuch lost the game now. It was 2nd down I think, their players hand got swatted down before the ball came to him. No call, 3rd and long, then 4th and long, now Texans have it back. Too bad, thought they might be able to pull it off. Guess I had too high of hopes for the Bengals against the against the pAFCkers (C wut i did thar?)

I'm about done being a fan of Cincinnati sports, I've never seen anyone choke so badly like when I watched the Reds this Baseball Postseason, and I still haven't seen my Bengals win a playoff game in my life, it's been 21 years. I'm almost 18 and that's an embarrassment to say.

Go to hell Cincinnati.

If you think Cincinnati has it bad, try being a Cleveland sports fan. It has become even more embarrassing for me to follow Cleveland teams. The Cavs have not been the same since LeBronedict Arnold left, and the fact that Gilbert couldn't make good on a promise to get a title before LeBron makes it even worse. I won't be surprised if the Cavs are out of town by the time I turn 25.

The Browns also haven't made the playoffs since 2002, and the closest they came to doing it again was 5 seasons ago - they missed out despite going 10-6. The Browns have not recovered from this disappointment, as 3 coaches have lost their jobs in the last 5 seasons. The Browns had a chance to get to respectability in the 2004 draft, and they let Big Ben pass to the Steelers (you snooze, you lose). They couldn't get Peyton Manning to sign with them either last year. I'm starting to think the Browns should move again, but this time, be gone for good. I'm willing to bet that Paul Tagliabue regrets allowing the Browns to come back.

The Indians have also not yet returned to their 2007 level of play. Along with attendance issues, I wouldn't be surprised if the Indians were gone within a few years too.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 6th January 2013 at 1:23 AM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Doubt the Bengals did much for Jay Gruden's HC'ing chances. Bears fans don't want him anymore. LOL.
    The Vikings should hurry up and knock the Packers out of the playoffs already.

I'm about done being a fan of Cincinnati sports, I've never seen anyone choke so badly like when I watched the Reds this Baseball Postseason, and I still haven't seen my Bengals win a playoff game in my life, it's been 21 years. I'm almost 18 and that's an embarrassment to say.

Go to hell Cincinnati.
    At least you got the wild card slot.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    At least you got the wild card slot.
    This.

Seriously, at least you're not a Lions fan. Don't get me wrong, I love my Lions, but being a Lions fan is basically torture. They are the Chicago Cubs of the NFL, and their ineptitude over the past half century rivals that of the pre-70s Pittsburgh Steelers. The same Steelers that NEVER made the playoffs and only had around five winning seasons. Heck, it might even be WORSE than that, since the NFL has changed since then. They will likely be the only team in your lifetime to go 0-16 in a season, they have one playoff win in about half a century, and they are basically coach killers, which pretty much guarantees no coach worth his salt will ever come coach there.

And, if you haven't gotten the memo from a lot of my recent posts, they have a horrible, horrible fanbase whose loathing for the team rivals that of Browns fans, but it's less well-known (or so I think). Most Lions fans hate the Lions to the point where I've seen a few people say they hope the Lions go 0-16 again in 2013 (which won't happen, barring Kellen Moore starting every game or something lol).

I can't rant about Detroit sports, though because Detroit, at least, has the Red Wings, who are almost always good. And occasionally, the Tigers and Pistons will be good for a few years or so, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    This.

Seriously, at least you're not a Lions fan. Don't get me wrong, I love my Lions, but being a Lions fan is basically torture. They are the Chicago Cubs of the NFL,
    Except they aren't even lovable losers
    jk. :P

Well, Cincinnati could have won that game if they had ran the ball a bit more often in the first half, especially when they realized that they weren't going to be able to pass very much.

I can't say that the result of the Vikings-Packers game surprises me. But did anybody watch Joe Webb throughout that game. He's probably one of the worst quarterbacks I've ever seen. He hit the receiver's feet more than he hit their hands. But, all the better for Atlanta. This way, we don't have to face Adrian Peterson. We get to play the winner of the Seattle-Washington game, and I think we'll get a win either way. Seattle is tremendously over rated and is terrible on the road, whereas Atlanta has already beaten Washington in Washington's own stadium. I think Atlanta and San Francisco will be playing in the NFC championship, so long as the 49'ers defense shows up to their game.

The Skins have a tough road ahead of them. Overrated or not, Seattle, San Fransisco, Green Bay, all are tough teams, I really don't see them getting out of the round today. I am surrounded by Redskins fans here in DC, I am happy for RGIII and Skins fans, but I just don't see it happening.

I really could see Manning heading back to the Super Bowl this year.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    Well, Cincinnati could have won that game if they had ran the ball a bit more often in the first half, especially when they realized that they weren't going to be able to pass very much.

I can't say that the result of the Vikings-Packers game surprises me. But did anybody watch Joe Webb throughout that game. He's probably one of the worst quarterbacks I've ever seen. He hit the receiver's feet more than he hit their hands. But, all the better for Atlanta. This way, we don't have to face Adrian Peterson. We get to play the winner of the Seattle-Washington game, and I think we'll get a win either way. Seattle is tremendously over rated and is terrible on the road, whereas Atlanta has already beaten Washington in Washington's own stadium. I think Atlanta and San Francisco will be playing in the NFC championship, so long as the 49'ers defense shows up to their game.
    Seattle seems to be getting better on the road to me...
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321216002
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321202003

You could make the argument that neither of those are playoff teams, but really Washington isn't a playoff caliber team imo, and that will be revealed today. As for who will make it to the NFCCG, I'd definetely put the 49ers in there. Not sure about Atlanta.

Go to hell Cincinnati.
    Doesn't whining about your team making it to the playoffs and playing a close game against the team that was the conference's frontrunner for almost the whole season sound, I dunno, a little spoiled to you?

Lions suck.
    I agree that the Lions are a perennial disappointment, but I couldn't imagine being a Browns or Bills fan. Look at the bright side of things, eh? At least you've got some ridiculously talented young players. I can't even remember the last time I heard the Bills mentioned anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    Yeah, that was some terrible quarterbacking. So much for Adrian Peterson carrying the team, since we can see the real difference between a win and a loss against the same team from one week to another. I wish the MVP wasn't purely a regular-season award, because I'm sure half of Peterson's votes would've just gone out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    The Skins have a tough road ahead of them. Overrated or not, Seattle, San Fransisco, Green Bay, all are tough teams, I really don't see them getting out of the round today. I am surrounded by Redskins fans here in DC, I am happy for RGIII and Skins fans, but I just don't see it happening.

I really could see Manning heading back to the Super Bowl this year.
    You know, the entire week, I was picking the Redskins to win this game, because they're slightly underrated and the Seahawks are hugely overrated right now, imo. But after watching a bunch of analysts harping on about how RG3 is injured and Seattle's defense is just too good, I switched my pick on Yahoo! at the last second. Obviously, ten minutes into the game, I'm already regretting the decision. (I mean, it could still go either way, but I regret not going with my gut since it's going to be way closer than these know-nothing analysts think)

EDIT: And now, after Washington goes up by two touchdowns in the first quarter, there's a cheap late hit on Griffin. STAY CLASSY, SEATTLE.
    Last edited by GrizzlyB; 6th January 2013 at 10:12 PM.

Seattle is BLOWING this game. Absolutely dominating the Redskins statistically, even with the first quarter the Seahawks slept through, but they just aren't cashing in on their opportunities. Fumbles, settling for field goals, third down sacks. They're losing a game in which they should be up by two scores.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Seattle has come back to take a 24-14 lead. With RGIII injured, Seattle looks to visit Atlanta next Sunday in a preview of the 2013 season. Seattle hasn't won a road playoff game in nearly 3 decades, but that streak looks like it is ending.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Seattle wins. Told ya so. RGIII can be as overrated as he wants - they made the playoffs because their division sucks, nothing more.

I agree that the Lions are a perennial disappointment, but I couldn't imagine being a Browns or Bills fan. Look at the bright side of things, eh? At least you've got some ridiculously talented young players. I can't even remember the last time I heard the Bills mentioned anywhere.
    Nowhere in my post did I mention the future of the Lions. Believe me, I'm far more optimistic than most of the fanbase (who think the Lions will be 6-10, 7-9 next season at best with a schedule against the other NFC North teams, the NFC East, the AFC North, Arizona, and Tampa). That post mostly discussed their past.

That said, they do need a good draft, a relatively quiet offseason, and for Stafford to fix whatever was wrong with him this season, because their offense lives and dies by his arm.

But enough about the Lions. They don't matter right now. So Seattle came back to win, huh? So much for being overrated. And they're only going to get better within the next few years. Watch out for them. They'll be one of the best teams in the NFL. Also, I don't remember whether or not I picked Baltimore to beat the Colts, but if I did, looks like I'm perfect so far.

I honestly cannot understand why Shanahan would keep RGIII in that game when it should have been clear to anyone that his leg was crippling him out there.

I picked Indy over Baltimore, so I went 3-1.

Seattle has now won 3 straight road games, so hopefully we can stop hearing about that.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

But enough about the Lions. They don't matter right now. So Seattle came back to win, huh? So much for being overrated. And they're only going to get better within the next few years. Watch out for them. They'll be one of the best teams in the NFL. Also, I don't remember whether or not I picked Baltimore to beat the Colts, but if I did, looks like I'm perfect so far.
    Nope, went back and checked. You picked the Colts, I picked the Ravens. (Yay me!) I was perfect today, but lost both yesterday. So 2-2.

Things pretty much played out how I saw them. I didn't really care about Colts/Ravens, but being a Steelers fan a Ravens loss is always nice to see. Maybe next round.

Good freshman season for RGIII and Luck nonetheless. Rookies getting to the playoffs is always a good sign that their made the right choice in draft picks.

It's a tough call on who is going to win next round. Seattle is the only true Wildcard here in my perspective, but they beat ATL in their last outing together.
    I don't see them going to the Super Bowl, but who knows maybe Pete Carroll can coach a NFL team after all.
    Most of the teams or players have been to the playoffs in the last few years, it should be some good football.

I will hold on to my prediction that Manning will take Denver to New Orleans. Wouldn't mind seeing the Texans go, because they were a team who just caught me off-guard. I have been used to them just being so horrible.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    Things pretty much played out how I saw them. I didn't really care about Colts/Ravens, but being a Steelers fan a Ravens loss is always nice to see. Maybe next round.

Good freshman season for RGIII and Luck nonetheless. Rookies getting to the playoffs is always a good sign that their made the right choice in draft picks.

It's a tough call on who is going to win next round. Seattle is the only true Wildcard here in my perspective, but they beat ATL in their last outing together.
    I don't see them going to the Super Bowl, but who knows maybe Pete Carroll can coach a NFL team after all.
    Most of the teams or players have been to the playoffs in the last few years, it should be some good football.

I will hold on to my prediction that Manning will take Denver to New Orleans. Wouldn't mind seeing the Texans go, because they were a team who just caught me off-guard. I have been used to them just being so horrible.
    Don't worry, Ravens will lose next week.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Page 152 of 256 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast