Page 153 of 256 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 6381

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Alright, Seattle did alright on the road today. But, in my opinion, had RG3 been taken out of the game earlier, the Redskins would have had a better chance to win. I'm sticking with my pick of Atlanta beating Seattle. Seattle has yet to face a team like Atlanta, and in the Georgia Dome? I don't see Seattle winning this one.

If Atlanta lost to the worst defense in the NFL, I'm pretty sure Seattle can handle them
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    Alright, Seattle did alright on the road today. But, in my opinion, had RG3 been taken out of the game earlier, the Redskins would have had a better chance to win. I'm sticking with my pick of Atlanta beating Seattle. Seattle has yet to face a team like Atlanta, and in the Georgia Dome? I don't see Seattle winning this one.
    You're forgetting that Seattle used to be a dome team. They still play a dome team every year too in the Rams.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Nowhere in my post did I mention the future of the Lions. Believe me, I'm far more optimistic than most of the fanbase (who think the Lions will be 6-10, 7-9 next season at best with a schedule against the other NFC North teams, the NFC East, the AFC North, Arizona, and Tampa). That post mostly discussed their past.

That said, they do need a good draft, a relatively quiet offseason, and for Stafford to fix whatever was wrong with him this season, because their offense lives and dies by his arm.

But enough about the Lions. They don't matter right now. So Seattle came back to win, huh? So much for being overrated. And they're only going to get better within the next few years. Watch out for them. They'll be one of the best teams in the NFL. Also, I don't remember whether or not I picked Baltimore to beat the Colts, but if I did, looks like I'm perfect so far.
    Oh, sorry if my post sounded like that, I meant more that the Lions probably are at least exciting to watch (ie. Calvin Johnson breaking Jerry Rice's record), even if their yardage hasn't really translated into scoring. I have no idea what the Lions' issues are, as the only time I had the opportunity all season to watch them was last week, and I was more interested in the Texans/Colts game, so... yeah.

I still think Seattle looks overrated, as a lot of people have them going to the Superbowl, and that game didn't look like a 24-14 victory to me, especially given that RG3's injury caused a red zone turnover (it was still very winnable for them before that point)(also, woopsie, I was totally wrong about my early-game rant back there, haha). Maybe they can beat Atlanta, but I wouldn't take them over the 49ers or the Packers, barring injuries or something (and yes, despite earlier meetings in the season).

Of course, they will likely be a playoff team for many years yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    Don't worry, Ravens will lose next week.
    My good man, I quite concur!

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    If Atlanta lost to the worst defense in the NFL, I'm pretty sure Seattle can handle them
    You mean the Saints? That was a while ago, and even then, they just lost a shootout against one of the best offenses, so you can't count it against them too much, imo. I agree that they don't have this game in the bag at all, given the weakness they showed at various points over the season, plus throwing into Seattle's secondary doesn't sound like an ideal situation, but they're still a good all-around team, and I'll probably pick them to win a close game.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    You're forgetting that Seattle used to be a dome team. They still play a dome team every year too in the Rams.
    Uh... pretty sure going into a dome isn't really considered a disadvantage, just going out of one if that's your home field. Also, the Seahawks' home field hasn't been a dome for, what, 10+ years, and while I'm not going to look into it, I doubt any of their current players (and certainly not more than a couple) were on the team back then. I'm pretty certain that Breeder Drew was just referring to normal home-field advantage, not that Atlanta plays at a dome, specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    All right, I'm not much of a trash-talker, and I absolutely know Atlanta CAN beat Seattle, but seriously... I need to introduce some knowledge to this.

Seattle, who apparently hasn't played anyone like Atlanta, has beaten more playoff teams than ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE THIS YEAR (They've beaten Green Bay, New England, San Francisco, Minnesota, and Washington). Atlanta has only beaten two playoff teams this year (Denver, in week 2 when they were starting the season 3-3 and Peyton was still finding his groove after multiple neck surgeries, and Washington, in week 5 when the Redskins were starting 3-6 and RG3 and Shanahan were still finding their mojo together), and has not played a playoff-caliber team since week 5. Atlanta's "signature win" this season was a 34-0 win over the NFC's #8 overall team.

Seattle's regular season opponents this season had a combined record of 104-102-2. Atlanta's foes' record was 87-121.

Seattle has won 8 out of their last 9 games. Atlanta has won 5 out of 8.

Russell Wilson has already won more playoff games in one season than Matt Ryan has in four.

Seattle and Atlanta both finished top-5 in point differential, but I'll take a moment to say Seattle was 3rd and Atlanta was 5th.

So this whole "Oh, Seattle has no chance", is absolute nonsense, and only slightly less bizarre than the notion that Seattle hasn't played anyone when statistics clearly show their road has had a LOT more speedbumps than Atlanta's has. I'm the first to admit, Seattle can totally lose to Atlanta; Atlanta is a GOOD football team, and they are capable of beating anyone. And, generally, I cheer for Atlanta in games that don't impact the Seahawks because they are an exciting team. But man... take the homer glasses off.
    Last edited by Sid87; 7th January 2013 at 7:53 PM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Are a lot of people picking Seattle to go to the Super Bowl? Dang, and I thought I was picking the dark horse rather than a favorite. Guessing people are assuming the same thing I did. "The hottest team wins the Super Bowl, not the best one" and all that, since that's how the Giants and Packers won it the past two years.

Oh, sorry if my post sounded like that, I meant more that the Lions probably are at least exciting to watch (ie. Calvin Johnson breaking Jerry Rice's record), even if their yardage hasn't really translated into scoring. I have no idea what the Lions' issues are, as the only time I had the opportunity all season to watch them was last week, and I was more interested in the Texans/Colts game, so... yeah.
    Though I wasn't a football fan back then, I'd imagine they're a bit like watching the Carolina Panthers in the Cardiac Cats year. Only they lose, instead of win.

The Lions have been plagued by injuries (to put it into perspective, three of their four starting WRs went down, and that's not even the start of it) and bad luck (10 of their 12 losses were by 10 points or less, and one of the two that wasn't involved Matthew Stafford having literally one of the worst games of his career) this year, not to mention a few bad apples on the team causing problems (namely Titus Young, who hopefully won't be with the team after this season) and Matthew Stafford regressing considerably from 2011. That said, their defense and ST are pretty awful (though the former statistically improved from last year), and they need upgrades desperately. Fortunately, this draft is supposed to be deep defensively.

*Shrug* from what I've heard the draft is deep in everything except QB. Not sure if it's just a really good year, or it's being extremely exaggerated. I.e Bears fans "It's a really good draft for LT's... and RT's.... And G's, C's, and anything else we happen to need at the moment."

Notre Dame is getting rolled, my goodness!

This is a ****ing embarrassment to the ENTIRE world of College Football. THIS GAME is why the BCS should not exist.
    Notre Dame is BY FAR the most OVER RATED college football program as of late. They couldn't even finish off PITTSBURGH in regulation. PITTSBURGH.

PITTSBURGH. AT HOME. JESUS CHRIST.

HOLY HELL this is ****ing retarded. I am SO glad they are switching to a 4 team playoff in 2015. Hell, ANYTHING is better than the BCS.
    oopsie

I personally believe Oregon is the best team in College Football, too bad they had to blow it against Stanford.

What? Notre Dame is getting killed by an "overrated" SEC team? What a huge surprise! Who would've ever seen this coming? /sarcasm

Alabama is the only elite team in the SEC, Georgia is a very good team. The rest of them are either good or around average.

I'd cry laughing if Notre Dame came back to win 31-28. I know it's not going to happen but what a story that would be. xD

I have an idea on how to end single-conference (specifically SEC) dominance - starting in 2015, the conference that produces the previous season's national championship is ineligible for the national semifinals and final in the playoffs. For example, if Oregon were to win in 2014, they and their Pac-12 rivals would be ineligible for the national title in 2015, but could still play in the other access bowls. Had such a rule been in place this year, Alabama would be playing in the Sugar Bowl against Louisville, Florida in the Fiesta Bowl against Kansas State, and Oregon in the BCS title game against Notre Dame.

The lack of such rule, and OSU's bowl ban, are the ONLY reasons Alabama is playing tonight. They shouldn't be winning this game, they don't deserve to be in it.
    -----

Notre Dame is getting ****ing rocked right now and I'm loving it.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

It's not like Ohio State would've played Alabama any better. They are an overrated trashy team as well in my opinion after watching their games this year. They hardly beat some terrible teams, and there's no way they can step into the ring against an Alabama team under the lights like this.

SEC dominance still reigns. Enjoy haters.

Oh and an OSU/ND championship game this year would be an absolute lie. OSU played NO---ONE this year. and we see how much an undefeated record counts for tonight

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by iAm_Michael View Post
    It's not like Ohio State would've played Alabama any better. They are an overrated trashy team as well in my opinion after watching their games this year. They hardly beat some terrible teams, and there's no way they can step into the ring against an Alabama team under the lights like this.
    actually OSU would be playing ND if they had been eligible, Alabama would have had to settle for the Sugar Bowl, I really feel bad for the Sugar Bowl officials because not since 2005-06 has the actual SEC champion played in the game, they've had to settle for a runner-up usually, and they couldn't even do that last year
    -----

actually OSU would be playing ND if they had been eligible, Alabama would have had to settle for the Sugar Bowl, I really feel bad for the Sugar Bowl officials because not since 2005-06 has the actual SEC champion played in the game, they've had to settle for a runner-up usually, and they couldn't even do that last year
    True, that's my bad. I live in Ohio so I'm used to Ohio State fans claiming they can hang with Alabama. Yeah, Ohio State vs Notre Dame would've been rather competitive, but of course no matter who would've won that meeting still wouldn't even be close to the best team in the nation. That National Title game would be a lie.

Or this year. and the SEC team they got didn't even show up to play that night.

What a coincidence I live in Ohio too. That being said ND should have joined OSU's conference (the Big Ten) for non-football sports instead of the ACC. Indiana is not even close to the Atlantic coast from which the ACC derives its full name. I enjoy watching the ND-Michigan games and that is going to come to an end because of ND's arrangement with the ACC.
    -----

What a coincidence I live in Ohio too. That being said ND should have joined OSU's conference (the Big Ten) for non-football sports instead of the ACC. Indiana is not even close to the Atlantic coast from which the ACC derives its full name. I enjoy watching the ND-Michigan games and that is going to come to an end because of ND's arrangement with the ACC.
    I'm a Michigan fan in Ohio, I know Michigan's not a great team, they are just above average this year. I find myself to be a more realistic fan, but Ohio State fans think I'm always just hating on them because I say they have no shot against these teams this year like Alabama and Oregon. I'm just being realistic, even in spite of hating them.

Quote Originally Posted by iAm_Michael View Post
    I'm a Michigan fan in Ohio, I know Michigan's not a great team, they are just above average this year. I find myself to be a more realistic fan, but Ohio State fans think I'm always just hating on them because I say they have no shot against these teams this year like Alabama and Oregon. I'm just being realistic, even in spite of hating them.
    OSU's coach knows better than anyone that they don't have a shot against bama.

I'm a Michigan fan in Ohio
    LOL That has to be tough.

Glad I'm not watching this game. It looks boring, and I figured ND would get beaten anyway. I don't like SEC dominance as much as the next non-SEC fan, but what can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    LOL That has to be tough.

Glad I'm not watching this game. It looks boring, and I figured ND would get beaten anyway. I don't like SEC dominance as much as the next non-SEC fan, but what can you do?
    What can I do? Petition the BCS to adopt a rule stating conferences cannot repeat as national champions.

And that interception was bogus. He was out of bounds.
    -----

Page 153 of 256 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast