Page 154 of 256 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 6376

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

"This game is a blow out! I can't believe how bad Notre Dame is!"
    -Savannah State

What FRAUD Notre Dame is

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Ohio State, lol.

Notre Dame probably hates you right now.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Ohio State, lol.

Notre Dame probably hates you right now.
    OSU would be getting waxed worse than this

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    OSU would be getting waxed worse than this
    They'd be playing Notre Dame, so do you think Notre Dame is better than Ohio State?

At this point I'm hoping for an ineligible player scandal at Alabama just like the one at USC that cost them the BCS title they had won. Alabama has been in NCAA trouble before too, so it wouldn't be surprising.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    At this point I'm hoping for an ineligible player scandal at Alabama just like the one at USC that cost them the BCS title they had won. Alabama has been in NCAA trouble before too, so it wouldn't be surprising.
    kind of all the sec haters can hope for at this point. They have given up trying to take the championship from the SEC on the field.
    and bevan, yeah I think Notre Dame is better than OSU

The comeback is ON!

You're forgetting that Seattle used to be a dome team. They still play a dome team every year too in the Rams.
    Yes, and Atlanta played ten or more games this year in a dome, winning 9 out of ten. Your point being?

So this whole "Oh, Seattle has no chance", is absolute nonsense, and only slightly less bizarre than the notion that Seattle hasn't played anyone when statistics clearly show their road has had a LOT more speedbumps than Atlanta's has. I'm the first to admit, Seattle can totally lose to Atlanta; Atlanta is a GOOD football team, and they are capable of beating anyone. And, generally, I cheer for Atlanta in games that don't impact the Seahawks because they are an exciting team. But man... take the homer glasses off.
    I never said Seattle had no chance. If anything, they have a very good chance of winning if Atlanta doesn't show up like they usually do. Yes, Seattle has played, and beaten, quite a few playoff-caliber teams this year. But they truly have not faced an offense like Atlanta's. Atlanta has a running back like Michael Turner, who can pound away at you and get excellent yards. They have Matt Ryan, an accurate quarterback with a cannon for an arm. Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Harry Douglas. They haven't faced receivers like this before.

Seattle, who apparently hasn't played anyone like Atlanta, has beaten more playoff teams than ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE THIS YEAR (They've beaten Green Bay, New England, San Francisco, Minnesota, and Washington). Atlanta has only beaten two playoff teams this year (Denver, in week 2 when they were starting the season 3-3 and Peyton was still finding his groove after multiple neck surgeries, and Washington, in week 5 when the Redskins were starting 3-6 and RG3 and Shanahan were still finding their mojo together), and has not played a playoff-caliber team since week 5. Atlanta's "signature win" this season was a 34-0 win over the NFC's #8 overall team.
    You seem to forget one major factor. Most of those games were at home. And, you bring up the 49ers, but that is the very same team that Seattle lost to when they had to play at San Francisco earlier in the season. And Seattle has won eight of their last nine? Look at their schedule. Their last nine games included such elite teams as the Jets, the Dolphins,the Bears, the Cardinals, the Bills, and the Rams. Their other two wins were quite impressive, to be honest, but it doesn't sound very good when you find out that they actually lost to the Dolphins when they had to play in Miami. Seattle is a great team, but they're very overrated. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they did beat Atlanta. I'm not guaranteeing any victory for either team. Both teams are excellent football teams, but I think that Atlanta has the better individual talent and the better offensive talent, other than potentially at quarterback. Russel Wilson is very good and can hold his own with Matt Ryan any day of the week. If Matt Ryan outperforms Seattle's defense, Atlanta will win. If Atlanta's offense can't get off the ground, Seattle will win. It's that simple.

If I was running the playoff system, I would make it more or less like the NFL's system. Take the two best teams from each conference and put them in a bracket-type playoff system.
    Last edited by Breeder Drew; 8th January 2013 at 3:57 AM.

The SEC streak continues. Thank you Bama

It's not gonna be long before the BCS adds the rule stating that the same conference cannot win consecutive national titles. Even the higher-ups at the BCS are sick of the streak, and want to find a good way to end it.
    -----

I wanted Notre Dame to win. Oh well. At least my team's conference (the conference that we really should have been representing in this title game) wins again.

Any bets on how long it is before they make the National Title game the highest ranked SEC team versus the highest ranked at-large?

Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    I wanted Notre Dame to win. Oh well. At least my team's conference (the conference that we really should have been representing in this title game) wins again.

Any bets on how long it is before they make the National Title game the highest ranked SEC team versus the highest ranked at-large?
    They should just make the SEC Championship game be the national championship game. Whoever wins usually goes to the final game anyway.

Not gonna happen. If anything, as I stated before, there's gonna be a new rule that prohibits conferences from winning consecutive national titles. Of course if ND were to win a title, only they would be ineligible to play for it the following year as they are a football independent.
    -----

Not gonna happen. If anything, as I stated before, there's gonna be a new rule that prohibits conferences from winning consecutive national titles. Of course if ND were to win a title, only they would be ineligible to play for it the following year as they are a football independent.
    You do know that I wasn't being serious, right? How would that rule make any sense? Prohibiting conferences from winning consecutive national titles? It's no coincidence that the SEC is the best conference every year. You wouldn't be complaining if the SEC had only won, say, three titles in a row.

How would that rule make any sense?
    It would give other conferences better chances of winning the national title. Texas of the Big 12 is the last non-SEC team to win a title. Back when the BCS was all on ABC the playing field was pretty even. Entering the 2006 season, the SEC had won only two BCS titles, the Big 12 won 2, the ACC, Big East, Pac-10 (now Pac-12) and Big Ten all had 1 BCS title (the Pac-12's title was later vacated as you know because USC's Reggie Bush was ineligible). Since the end of the BCS/ABC exclusivity agreement, the SEC has won every national title. I think that if ABC became the exclusive home of all the BCS access bowls and the national title game starting in 2014, we might see a return to no conference being dominant.
    -----

It's not gonna be long before the BCS adds the rule stating that the same conference cannot win consecutive national titles.
    and how would this be a fair rule if an SEC team earned it?

Seriously, keep the sec hate coming, its funny. Beat them on the field, or shut up

It would give other conferences better chances of winning the national title. Texas of the Big 12 is the last non-SEC team to win a title. Back when the BCS was all on ABC the playing field was pretty even. Entering the 2006 season, the SEC had won only two BCS titles, the Big 12 won 2, the ACC, Big East, Pac-10 (now Pac-12) and Big Ten all had 1 BCS title (the Pac-12's title was later vacated as you know because USC's Reggie Bush was ineligible). Since the end of the BCS/ABC exclusivity agreement, the SEC has won every national title. I think that if ABC became the exclusive home of all the BCS access bowls and the national title game starting in 2014, we might see a return to no conference being dominant.
    I get what you're trying to say. Since none of those conferences can truly go one-on-one with the SEC, they have to find some way to win without actually having to play the SEC. You seem angry that, when it comes time to put up or shut up, none of those conferences can compete with the SEC. They can't compete with Alabama. They can't compete with LSU. They can't compete with Georgia. Half the time, they can't even compete with Mississippi State. To be the man, first you have to beat the man. Nobody has beaten the SEC yet, and it looks as though nobody will for a long time.

I get what you're trying to say. Since none of those conferences can truly go one-on-one with the SEC, they have to find some way to win without actually having to play the SEC. You seem angry that, when it comes time to put up or shut up, none of those conferences can compete with the SEC. They can't compete with Alabama. They can't compete with LSU. They can't compete with Georgia. Half the time, they can't even compete with Mississippi State. To be the man, first you have to beat the man. Nobody has beaten the SEC yet, and it looks as though nobody will for a long time.
    Its all sour grapes from the anti sec crowd at this point. But this is a first. Someone actually wants a rule to try and keep an sec team out because no one can beat them.

It's not that I hate the SEC, I just don't want them winning every national title.
    -----

It's not that I hate the SEC, I just don't want them winning every national title.
    There is an easy solution to that problem that doesn't involve any rule changes. You better sit down, this might blow your mind. First, you have to beat the SEC in the National Title game or in the regular season. Simple, I know, but far easier said than done.

You know what? Then BEAT THEM!!!!! Don't try and make some rule to keep them out even if they deserve it.

All I can hope for now is OSU getting the AP title. Teams have won AP titles while having bowl bans before, but not since Oklahoma in 1974. Incidentally, I think Oklahoma should join Ohio State in the Big Ten, same thing with Texas.
    -----

All I can hope for now is OSU getting the AP title. Teams have won AP titles while having bowl bans before, but not since Oklahoma in 1974. Incidentally, I think Oklahoma should join Ohio State in the Big Ten, same thing with Texas.
    More sour grapes. You honestly think OSU deserves the AP title over Bama?????

and OSU played a CRAP schedule. Thats why they are undefeated.

For the thousandth time. Stop crying about how unfair life is, and MAN UP and beat the SEC in the title game ON THE FIELD

I didn't expected that Alabama easily smashes Norte Dame. But really how Norte Dame played today was a insult for the number 1 of the country.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Page 154 of 256 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast