Page 157 of 264 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

It was one of the most dramatic games I ever seen. with 2 overtimes really, and I'm very very very sad that my team lose close, but in football everything can happen. I admit that I was way over-confident that Denver will win it easily, but really this game had teach me a lesson. But on the bright side, Denver fought well in this season, I'm satisfied the result, and I really enjoy this year. As well there will a another chance later. But I admit that the game was awesome, same as the 49ers and Packers. I can't stand this defeat, but I need to face it.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

This is why I take everything ESPN says with a grain of salt. The Denver Broncos were certainly not the best team in the NFL this year. They played a good game, yes, but their mistakes and their penalties caught up with them in the end. Anyway, I was hoping San Francisco would win, but I didn't think that they would. Nor did I think that if they did win, that it would be by such a large margin. But hey. Anything can happen. If Atlanta and Houston win tomorrow, all the favorites to win will have lost. And, if we're going by wins, Tebow has been a better quarterback for Denver than Manning ever has been. At least Tim Tebow won a playoff game. He's certainly not the better QB, but as Broncos quarterbacks, Tebow has more playoff victories than Manning does. Food for thought.
    Last edited by Breeder Drew; 13th January 2013 at 9:33 AM.

"That Awkward Moment When You Realize Tim Tebow took the Broncos futher in the playoffs than Peyton Manning did"

I expect Skip Bayless will have a field day on First Take on how Time Tebow would have won that game for the Broncos if he was still with them.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Huzzah! The fakers have been crushed! The Packers were being judged on past performance, rather than this year all season. They are NOT as good as they were last year. They are NOT as good as they were in the 2010 playoffs. They are as good as the regular season Packers from 2010 at best - the ones that went 10-6 and backed into the playoffs. Now I shouldn't have to hear about how great Aaron Rodgers is for the rest of the playoffs. Not to mention Peyton getting taken back down a notch. All that's left is for New England to fall and it will be perfect. I doubt the overrated Texans can do it though, it'll most likely be left up to the Ravens.

EDIT: No, Tim Tebow won more games, but he didn't take them further - The Broncos didn't have a first round bye when he was there.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    I never liked how everyone is always ready to crown Peyton as the King of the NFL. Only 1 Super Bowl win and a very mediocre postseason record. What makes him so special again? In a League that rates QBs on how well they do in the playoffs, what makes Manning so gosh darn special?.
    Maybe because he's consistently near the top of all passer stats season after season after season, and by the time he retires, he'll probably hold every significant career record, above all the other so-called greats? Also, nobody understands how to read a defense and adjust their offense accordingly like he does. I don't think postseason matters as much as you think it does: case in point, Dan Marino.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    This is why I take everything ESPN says with a grain of salt. The Denver Broncos were certainly not the best team in the NFL this year. They played a good game, yes, but their mistakes and their penalties caught up with them in the end. Anyway, I was hoping San Francisco would win, but I didn't think that they would. Nor did I think that if they did win, that it would be by such a large margin. But hey. Anything can happen. If Atlanta and Houston win tomorrow, all the favorites to win will have lost. And, if we're going by wins, Tebow has been a better quarterback for Denver than Manning ever has been. At least Tim Tebow won a playoff game. He's certainly not the better QB, but as Broncos quarterbacks, Tebow has more playoff victories than Manning does. Food for thought.
    Let me guess: this was the first time you've watched the Broncos all year? Because they did not play a good game, and they weren't the second-ranked defense by letting the other team score three touchdown passes averaging about 50 yards apiece, I'll tell you that. The whole team, and especially the defense, laid an egg, and if they weren't that good (and didn't have Trindon Holliday, granted), the game couldn't have possibly been as close as it was with how they played. For example, the entire season, Champ Bailey allowed maybe one touchdown, opposed to the two in this game, and I have never in his career seen receivers get any separation from him like Torrey Smith did today. And he's lined up against much better receivers, even this season. Also, even the Patriots and Saints didn't score this many points against the Broncos; do you think it's more likely that Baltimore's offense is better, or Denver just had a bad outing (at an even worse time)?

I know these all sound like excuses for this game, and they are, but you can't point to about a dozen things that would've won them the game had they gone differently and say the team lost because they're bad. Do you think that if these teams played each other ten more times, Baltimore would win most, or even any of them? That's what the analysts are thinking, and you can't fault them for it. I'd give them maybe one, Baltimore played somewhat above their level, and Denver played way below, and if you don't think that's the case, you probably don't know the teams very well.

Also, just shut the **** up about Tebow. That's not food for thought, it's a coincidence that I'm apparently never going to hear the end of. He's a lucky poser not fit to be an NFL quarterback, and nothing more.

Tebow better than manning? Wait what? Also he actually only got them past wildcard week if i recall correctly, so they ended up in the same round anyways. And i thought my sarcasm of eli>>>>>>>brady was bad.... As qb he barely got them into they playoffs, barely beat a weakened and injury heavy steelers team by pure luck, then embarrassed himself in front of the patriots

Besides, if that game was any broncos' fault, let's bash bailey instead. Pretty sure he was the source of 21 points
    Last edited by BGP_; 13th January 2013 at 2:41 PM.

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

I've seen better games honestly, but yes the Denver-Baltimore game was a good game, no doubt. This was a tale of Denver's failing defense and Ravens inability to stop the special teams of the Denver Broncos.

What a way for Ray Lewis to go out though. He won't forget this game for damn sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    I've seen better games honestly, but yes the Denver-Baltimore game was a good game, no doubt. This was a tale of Denver's failing defense and Ravens inability to stop the special teams of the Denver Broncos.

What a way for Ray Lewis to go out though. He won't forget this game for damn sure.
    Not gonna lie, besides me being a depressed broncos fan now, it did make the game interesting. Too bad the only ravens player i can stand is lewis... So i might have to root for.....brady next week assuming he wins. Ugh i have to root for brady into the super bowl, didnt see this day coming... Then again, the packers and broncos winning seemed obvious so who knows! Maybe schaub and russel can pull through!

RIP Ice Grabbers

So Tebow is a better Broncos QB than Manning? They both played ONE season, that's just such an idiotic statement, that any rational person would be a fool to entertain. Not to mention Manning has more playoff wins PERIOD than Tebow does.

You can compare them when Tebow has a championship.
    Marino...greatest QB in the NFL without ever winning a ring (unfortunate that when you talk about him it has to be with that distinction).

I was unfortunately wrong about the Broncos, but I want to see Baltimore losing. I was doing some research and I saw that Nate Silver predicted the Seattle Seahawks vs New England Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Thomas Elliot; 13th January 2013 at 4:31 PM.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    So Tebow is a better Broncos QB than Manning? They both played ONE season, that's just such an idiotic statement, that any rational person would be a fool to entertain.

You can compare them when Tebow has a championship.
    Marino...greatest QB in the NFL without ever winning a ring (unfortunate that when you talk about him it has to be with that distinction).

I was unfortutely wrong about the Broncos, but I want to see Baltimore losing. I was doing some research and I saw that Nate Silver predicted the Seattle Seahawks vs New England Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Thoughts?
    Thats what i want now i guess, as long as its not ravens and niners, and preferably not atlanta

RIP Ice Grabbers

Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    In what world are the Texans favorites? Everybody is expecting the Patriots to clobber them and reach the Super Bowl, or at least play in the AFC Championship game vs. the Ravens (Broncos before they lost).
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I'm still not sold on the Seahawks honestly. A rookie QB, an unproven coach, not a lot of talent on the team. I feel like they are too reliant on Russell Wilson.

I wouldn't mind seeing Houston get to the Super Bowl, but they are another team who I am not sold on all the way yet. Maybe it's because for the last decade or so I am used to them being bottom of the barrel instead of a playoff caliber team.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Young player trying to make a play, I guess? Still a very stupid position for a safety to put himself in. He's definitely the weak point in their secondary, but he's usually been passable and consistent. Surprised-but-pleased to see that you follow (American) football, though.
    I've followed it more in the past few years, since I got a few new channels. I get 3 games a weekend plus MNF. I'm yet to really have a team though, but I like several Packers' players and a few other teams. I don't get any college football though sadly.

I don't know if it correlates to how I learned to play football, but I do tend to focus/find more interest in the defensive side of the game, which is why perhaps my criticism of Moore was quite full-blooded. He just seemed to be chasing glory before his team, which is the thing that would annoy me most. It looked to me as if he wanted the interception when a simple block or pat-down would have been sufficient.

Just finished watching the recording of the 49ers-Packers game. Surprisingly easy for San Fran.

Sadly can't see anything other than a Patriots win tonight. That said, regular season wins seem to have had a habit of being reversed thus far (Packers-Vikings, Broncos-Ravens) so maybe we'll see an upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    So Tebow is a better Broncos QB than Manning? They both played ONE season, that's just such an idiotic statement, that any rational person would be a fool to entertain. Not to mention Manning has more playoff wins PERIOD than Tebow does.
    And Tebow has a higher win % in the playoffs lol.
    And he didn't tie the record for most playoff losses by a QB yesterday.....

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    And Tebow has a higher win % in the playoffs lol.
    And he didn't tie the record for most playoff losses by a QB yesterday.....
    Tebow is also sitting on a bench gettin passed by 3rd string qbs and attracting kardashians. What a career! Maybe he'll have a ring soon...an engagement ring. He also won one by luck and lost the other like a fool. At least manning has, yknow, played 20 playoff games

RIP Ice Grabbers

I was unfortutely wrong about the Broncos, but I want to see Baltimore losing. I was doing some research and I saw that Nate Silver predicted the Seattle Seahawks vs New England Patriots in the Super Bowl.
    I had predicted Seattle vs. Denver, so this is close to my prediction. Now, it seems like the most likely, unfortunately.

Now that the Packers are out, anyone but the Patriots can win the Super Bowl, for all I care. I'm not rooting for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    Tebow is also sitting on a bench gettin passed by 3rd string qbs and attracting kardashians. What a career! Maybe he'll have a ring soon...an engagement ring. He also won one by luck and lost the other like a fool. At least manning has, yknow, played 20 playoff games
    Actually Tebow's game against the Steelers was probably his best game last season. He isn't as bad as the haters make him out to be. Look, no one is saying Tebow is a better QB than Manning. But I personally get a lot of pleasure out of the irony that Denver got no further with Manning than it did with Tebow. Mostly because I dislike horseface--err I mean Elway.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

I stand corrected. Seahawks getting killed. The Patriots-Texans game won't even be close. I'm gonna go play Madden, or maybe go to sleep... Idk. Nice job ATL.
    Not to say the Hawks can't come back, but as it stands, the game is just plain boring...

Man the worst part about this is not losing. Seattle is a young team and has a lot of playoff games in their future. The worst part is losing to such a pretender team and knowing the 49ers are just going to annihilate these guys next week. Depressing. The repeated east coast travel obviously took way too much out of Seattle but it is their own fault for losing to teams like ARI, DET, and MIA. They could have had home field if not for that.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Well, so much for "the hottest team always wins, not the best teams."

Here come the Seahawks
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Am i really watching this? This is really happening right?
    Edit: So much for that, 2 passes and it's already gone
    Last edited by BGP_; 13th January 2013 at 10:13 PM.

RIP Ice Grabbers

Oh dammit... Why, Seahawks? Why did you call a timeout there, when he missed the field goal? When has that ever worked? You just cost yourselves the game...

FUDGE YES. Just deserts for the Fail Mary. Kudos to the Seahawks for making it a game, but Atlanta deserves it, and has all season. I don't know who to pull for between them and San Francisco now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    Oh dammit... Why, Seahawks? Why did you call a timeout there, when he missed the field goal? When has that ever worked? You just cost yourselves the game...
    I'm questioning that random 5 yard pass that was thrown. Oh well, at least it was fun to watch.

RIP Ice Grabbers

Page 157 of 264 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast