Page 158 of 265 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 6601

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

San Fran is going to murder Atlanta. What a shame.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

The Seahawks/Falcons game was really interesting and fun to watch. It had me interested until the final seconds of the game. I love games like these that keep me at the edge of my seat.
    Also it's too bad that the Packers lost and it was an awesome how the Raven's won. Hopefully the Patriots will pull off a win today
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Thank god we won't get a 3rd SF-SEA game this season.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Yeah. I see Atlanta getting blasted by San Fran.

They pretty much have the blueprint for shutting down high flying offenses.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

If the Patriots can get it together we might see them play the Falcons in the Super Bowl. Don't underestimate the Falcons, they lost at home only once, and that was in a game that was irrelevant to their playoff seeding. They play better when it matters the most.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Really? Because until today, that statement was considered false. 3 straight first round losses in the playoffs.

Aren't those the kind of games that "matter the most"?

Not to mention this year, when they struggled, they REALLY struggled and barely squeaked out wins against teams they were expected to "blow out".
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Thank god we won't get a 3rd SF-SEA game this season.
    Seattle/SF is probably the best rivalry in the NFL right now. And will be for the next several years.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Seattle/SF is probably the best rivalry in the NFL right now. And will be for the next several years.
    If the NFL ever plays a regular season game in Australia these should be the two teams to play there first. Games in Australia would have to be part of the NBC package because of the huge difference in time between NYC and Australia which would mean a 10 PM ET start on Friday would be the best slot for such games.
    -----

Yeah. It's a lot more interesting to watch than Cowboys/Redskins or Packers/Lions

A lot of these "rivalries" are about teams from back in the day and one of those teams isn't nearly as good as it was back then. Seattle/San Fran is the epitome of what a rivalry is. Two teams on the upswing that play each other close and provide a good game.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    San Fran is going to murder Atlanta. What a shame.
    Not so. San Fran also has a running quarterback. If Atlanta covers him like they covered Russell Wilson for most of the game today, the 49ers will be in for a long day. But, in the end, none of this talk really matters, as proven by the Atlanta-Seattle game. Everyone and their damn mother picked Seattle to win, and they didn't. Atlanta is going to be the underdog again, and I think they'll pull it off as long as they don't have such a disastrous second half. And remember, Atlanta has home field advantage. If they were playing in Candlestick Park, I'd pick San Francisco. Since they're playing in the Georgia Dome, I think Atlanta will win.

Atlanta should have won that game by more, but their own mistakes prevented them from doing so. Kudos to Seattle for their late game comeback, but Atlanta was the better team. And here comes the blowout of the Texans.

And, you all do know that I never said Tebow was better than Manning, right? I'm just saying that in their time at Denver, Tebow has a higher win percentage in the playoffs despite being the worse of the two quarterbacks.
    Last edited by Breeder Drew; 14th January 2013 at 12:44 AM.

Throwing on 4th and short? Wow the Texans are idiots.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    And, you all do know that I never said Tebow was better than Manning, right? I'm just saying that in their time at Denver, Tebow has a higher win percentage in the playoffs despite being the worse of the two quarterbacks.
    Shhhhh it's funny when they get mad about stuff nobody said.

Blegh. I guess I'm cheering for Baltimore to win the SB, even though they probably won't beat the Patriots. Plus, I have a friend who's a Ravens fan.

I just don't want to see another big market team win. Because it's always a big market team or the Packers. Always.

And the Packers have more of a rivalry with the Bears than the Lions anyway. The Lions don't have any "real" rivalries. None of the Detroit teams except for the Red Wings do.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    The Lions don't have any "real" rivalries. None of the Detroit teams except for the Red Wings do.
    Isn't Bears-Lions pretty big?
    -----

Bears-Lions is the longest continous one... That must count for something... The Bears have too many rivalries. :/
    Think it goes: Bears-Packers, Bears-Lions, Bears-Vikes in that order. Depends on the person though... but yeah Packers-Bears is a much bigger rivalry than Lions-Packers.

^ Nope. Packers-Bears is older. Both teams are older than the Lions, after all.

Isn't Bears-Lions pretty big?
    Yeah, but it's nothing compared to the Packers-Bears rivalry.

It's a bit like the UM-MSU rivalry, come to think of it, except not as major and not as many people outside of the Bears and Lions fanbases care.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    ^ Nope. Packers-Bears is older. Both teams are older than the Lions, after all.

Yeah, but it's nothing compared to the Packers-Bears rivalry.

It's a bit like the UM-MSU rivalry, come to think of it, except not as major and not as many people outside of the Bears and Lions fanbases care.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    The rivalry began in 1921 and is the league's longest, with 186 regular-season and post-season games.[1] (Note that the rivalry is not the league's longest continuous rivalry, as the 1982 strike-shortened NFL season did not include a Bears–Packers game. That title goes to the Bears–Lions rivalry, who have played at least once a year since 1930.)
    Didn't say oldest rivalry, said oldest continous rivalry. (Or atleast, I meant to.)

I think the longest rivalry is Bears-Everyone.

Are there any Lions fans on here who can tell me what rivalry is most important? I know the other three teams value each other more, but what game gets Detroit fans most excited?

As far as SF/SEA. it's definitely a good rivalry right now. The two need to both show continued success to establish it as one of the game's best, however. The Seahawks have only existed since the late 70's, and until a decade ago played in a completely different conference than SF. This is the first year the two have both been good at the same time. The future of the rivalry looks bright with CK7 and Wilson, but they don't really have any "signature" games like GB/CHI, DAL/WAS, and PIT/BAL, which I would still consider the best rivalry in the league at this moment.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Seattle has developed a nice little bit of history with Green Bay, as well. Mike Holmgren, Matt Hasselbeck, Ahman Green, The Fail Mary, The Snowball Game, and two memorable playoff games (The snow game and "We want the ball and we're gonna score")
    Last edited by Marceman; 14th January 2013 at 6:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marceman View Post
    Are there any Lions fans on here who can tell me what rivalry is most important? I know the other three teams value each other more, but what game gets Detroit fans most excited?
    Golden_Latias is a Lions fan - she could probably give the best answer. (Muahaha you have to answer whether you like it or not now!) My dad's a Lion's fan and I could ask, but due to me being a Bears fan and constantly pestering him about how Detroit sucks, think the answer would be a bit skewed.

Bears, easily. Then Packers at second and Vikings at third, but I don't think either team cares as much about the Lions as they do each other, as you said (though I don't know who the Vikings consider their big rival).

It's because Detroit and Chicago in general are rivals in sports.

EDIT: Lions making a lot of personnel moves today, including parting ways with ST coach Danny Crossman, who will go coach the Buffalo Bills. Why Buffalo would want him to be their ST coach, I have no idea, but I'm not complaining.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 14th January 2013 at 10:27 PM.

The seahawks lost ;_; that made me ragequit all I can say is this. GO BALTIMORE!

I think its just me, but I think Saints/Packers have the makings of a really good rivalry. There's always a show when they play each other and they basically are the same team.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I really hope not. At this point I'm hoping for a Packers-Ravens or Falcons-Ravens Super Bowl.

Also, that game was easily the best game of the season, and probably an instant classic. Peyton's first playoff game with a new team and possibly Ray Lewis's career elimination game.
    I'm hoping for Ravens to make it for Ray Lewis to have another shot, and for the Falcons to make it, since I'd like to see Tony Gonzalez (sp?) make it to a Superbowl. Although I'm ok with the 49s, so I'll always have someone to root for in the final game.

And yeah, I should think it was a great game, but I can't yet. I'm just sick of seeing Manning go out in the first round all the time, and can't get past that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Yeah, this is the single worst game I've ever seen him play over the years,
    Yes, I've seen him frequently play very well against the Chiefs, so I never would've expected him to have a game like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    8 and counting for Fivehead
    8 of the 12, yes. They had a graphic on ESPN about that- apparently the most times any other player (it may have just been QBs, I'm not sure) has lost in the first round is 4. Oh wait, it must've just been quarterbacks, because they mentioned Gonzalez hadn't won a playoff game in 5 tries.
    Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    Oh dammit... Why, Seahawks? Why did you call a timeout there, when he missed the field goal? When has that ever worked?
    I've often wondered that, too. A few days ago, I heard it mentioned on tv that, on average, kickers that are 'iced' miss 4% more kicks then ones that aren't. So I guess it does matter, a little. Although I still find it annoying.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Remember that timeout Jason Garrett called a couple seasons ago, where he "iced" his own kicker?

The kicker attempted the FG and made it, but Garrett called a timeout. Then the kicker game back and missed it. That was the day I REALLY started to hate Garrett.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Page 158 of 265 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast