Page 163 of 250 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 6245

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

The Pro Bowl is what it is: a just-for-fun scrimmage to reward the best players in the league. It'd be great to see everyone there go all-out and try hard, but there's absolutely no incentive.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Dear-antler spray. Harbough brothers. Dear-antler spray. Ray Lewis. Harbough brothers. Harbough parents. Ray Lewis.

OH MY GOD CAN THE MEDIA SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    Pro bowl was everything I expected. I wonder if Goodell will carry through and actually not have one next year.
    Meh, I think it'll stay for at least another year. During every player interview it seemed like they said something that indicated they wanted it to stick around. I think if he did get rid of it, there'd be some pissed off players.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

I know the 2013 season hasn't started yet, but I'd like to see in 2014 the 49ers-Raiders game that year played on Sunday night. Of course that would probably require both teams to make the playoffs next season.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Finally the day that I was waiting for!! Super Bowl XLVII!
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Major fail by the city of New Orleans. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think some electricians' heads will roll tomorrow.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Assuming Baltimore holds on to win the Super Bowl (which I am not watching because I wanted neither of the teams to advance), here are some of my projections as to what games will be played on Sunday night, on Thursday, and on Monday:

New England at Baltimore - this is likely to be the NFL kickoff game next season, since it is a rematch of the AFC Championship Game

Denver at NY Giants - assuming that both Manning brothers stay where they're at, this will be Manning Bowl III. This should be the Sunday night game in week 1.

Week 1 Monday night doubleheader - since it's been all-AFC since 2009, let's have the 2013 one all-NFC. I was thinking Atlanta-Carolina and Seattle-San Francisco for the doubleheader.

Indianapolis at San Francisco - it's Andrew Luck's return to the Bay Area, this should definitely be a Sunday night game

Baltimore VS. Pittsburgh - although the Steelers did not make the playoffs (as has been the case for every Super Bowl-on-CBS season since 1991), one of the games in this rivalry I still expect to be in primetime (this time on Monday Night)

Baltimore VS. Cincinnati - both teams made playoffs last year

Houston VS. Indianapolis, Green Bay VS. Minnesota - see Baltimore VS. Cincinnati

Chicago VS. Green Bay, Chicago VS. Minnesota - all three teams were really good in 2012

New England at Atlanta - was what I wanted for Super Bowl match-up after results of Divisional Playoffs

Pittsburgh at Green Bay - Rematch of Super Bowl 45

New England at Houston, Baltimore at Denver, Green Bay at San Francisco, San Francisco at Atlanta, Atlanta at Seattle - playoff rematches

Denver at Indianapolis - Peyton's return to Indy

Green Bay at NY Giants - Packers look for revenge in this developing rivalry

Minnesota at Dallas - Christian Ponder of the Vikings returns to the Dallas area (where he played high school football)

Washington at Green Bay - this game should be played on October 17 (a Thursday this year) to mark the 30th anniversary of the highest-scoring Monday night game in NFL history (the Packers beat the Redskins 48-47 at home the night of October 17, 1983)

Finally these are the games I want to see on Thanksgiving weekend for national television:

Thanksgiving:
    Chicago at Detroit on Fox
    Denver at Dallas on CBS
    Buffalo at Cleveland on NBC (both teams have long Thanksgiving droughts)

Sunday night: Atlanta at Green Bay
    Monday night: Miami at Tampa Bay

What games would you like to see on national TV next season?
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 4th February 2013 at 3:12 AM. Reason: Added a game
    -----

Most of those games don't really have the draw of a Sunday Night game.

Although if there are any games I would hope to be one are

New Orleans @ New England and Seattle @ New Orleans
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I didn't say ALL of them would be on Sunday night. There are also Mondays and Thursdays too
    -----

Ah. Didn't see that. Well, I can see some of those happening then.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Well it's official. The Super Bowl is over. Of course a 49ers win would also be bad for me because they beat the Packers (they'll get revenge next season).

So, it is very likely that New England will be Baltimore's opponent in the kickoff game. The NFL loves scheduling the Patriots in primetime, also it's a rematch of the AFC Championship Game.
    -----

Well I'm happy. Wanted the Ravens to win just so I could see Ray Lewis retire with an SB ring (even if he didn't actually do much in the game itself). And I have to say, the blackout really made this game for me. Before then, I was pretty close to turning it off because of how one-sided it was. But then the Niners came out in the second half, played a lot better, and made the whole thing a lot more interesting to watch.

Commercials were "meh". Half-time concert was terrible. But the game was good, and I guess that's what really matters.

Great game, and happy to see Lewis go out on top.

The commercials were just boring, and some of them creepy. Seriously, who wants to see and hear a close up of a fat guy and a girl frenching????

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

I'm starting to wonder if people even know Ray Lewis already had a Super Bowl ring back from 2000.

I wanted Baltimore to win but not because of him, but because they were playing the 49ers.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Alright everyone what games would you like to see on national TV next season? I've made my projections already, here's a list of games:

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedu...lopponents.htm
    -----

The first half sucked, but it got better in the second half. I wanted the 49ers to win more, but I'm content with Baltimore being able to hold off a San Francisco come-back. Beyonce was also hot but the audio sucked and it was hard to understand anything. That power outage was random too. You'd think they would be prepared for that. I thought Bane was coming out for a second.

Was pulling for the Ravens, so I'm happy to see them get the win.

Didn't care about the halftime show, although I now know that my girlfriend finds Beyonce incredibly hot.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

The best part about Baltimore winning the Super Bowl is half the city is already burnt down
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

I really liked that the blackout had made the 49ers get back from the game, it made the game interesting, the game was a forgettable Super Bowl at the beginning and with the blackout, it turned into a memorable Super Bowl.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Well, in a way this is the first Super Bowl to be blacked out since Super Bowl VI.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    Well I'm happy. Wanted the Ravens to win just so I could see Ray Lewis retire with an SB ring (even if he didn't actually do much in the game itself). And I have to say, the blackout really made this game for me. Before then, I was pretty close to turning it off because of how one-sided it was. But then the Niners came out in the second half, played a lot better, and made the whole thing a lot more interesting to watch.
    Yeah, I'd agree with that. Of the players I've actually watched play, I have to say Ray Lewis is the best defensive guy, so I wanted him to go out on top, although I'm not particularly a Ravens lover. After the kickoff return, I figured the game was over. I wasn't going to turn it off, but I was kind of glad when the lights went out because I thought it might mix things up, and I didn't really want to have a crap Superbowl to watch.
    Commercials were "meh". Half-time concert was terrible. But the game was good, and I guess that's what really matters.
    For the commercials, none stand out as great to me, although I thought the ones with the fans using voodoo were funny. The one GoDaddy one where that chick mades out that dude will haunt me- kind of makes me shudder a little.

As for the concert, I was impressed with the specticle, but I'm nowhere close to being a Beyonce fan, and now I'm frustrated that I've got her songs stuck in my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    ...my girlfriend finds Beyonce incredibly hot.
    ...whoa
    Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Well, in a way this is the first Super Bowl to be blacked out since Super Bowl VI.
    *rimshot*
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    The best part about Baltimore winning the Super Bowl is half the city is already burnt down
    Maybe they'll win the next one too :P
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

was rooting for niners because i wanted some excitement here in NorCal, but i think Flacco proved he deserves a hefty paycheck next season

My 3DS Friend Code is 4656-7001-6257
        Spoiler:- Ghost Friend Safari:

Spoiler:- Hall of Fame:

The Super Bowl was on last night and my dad was watching it. Did they manage to get the lights back on after they malfunctioned?

It was a pretty "meh" game. My friends and I quit really paying attention when it was 28-6 and started playing Settlers of Cataan and talking about comic books (we left it on in the background; we ust stopped really paying attention to it). It didn't help that we all disliked both teams involved (though for varying reasons).

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    It was a pretty "meh" game. My friends and I quit really paying attention when it was 28-6 and started playing Settlers of Cataan and talking about comic books (we left it on in the background; we ust stopped really paying attention to it). It didn't help that we all disliked both teams involved (though for varying reasons).
    First half + 2nd half opening kickoff were "meh". After that it turned to quite a good game.

GodDamnZilla

Page 163 of 250 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast