Page 164 of 248 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 6197

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lollygag View Post
    The Super Bowl was on last night and my dad was watching it. Did they manage to get the lights back on after they malfunctioned?
    Yes, as well it did lots of changes, after the blackout, 49ers have playing way better than the 1st half, they get back in track, but they couldn't overtake the ravens. I really liked that the blackout. It made a very interesting and memorable game.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Quote Originally Posted by OshaMijuWott View Post
    was rooting for niners because i wanted some excitement here in NorCal, but i think Flacco proved he deserves a hefty paycheck next season
    I don't really care about the MLB much, but didn't the Giants win the World Series not four months ago?

And I think Joe Flacco being the Super Bowl MVP is hilarious with his contract situation: the Ravens are already facing the Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, the real leaders of their team, leaving next year. Even after accounting Ray no longer needing to be paid, if Joe Flacco gets the ~$20 million/year contract he's after (which is ridiculous: even if these playoffs are indicative of his true ability, he's still no Peyton/Brady/Brees), the Ravens won't have any money left at all. I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    Yes, as well it did lots of changes, after the blackout, 49ers have playing way better than the 1st half, they get back in track, but they couldn't overtake the ravens. I really liked that the blackout. It made a very interesting and memorable game.
    I know the commentators were convinced otherwise, but I'm not sure how the blackout helped the '49ers. They were moving on offense when play stopped at a 3rd & 13. Delays rarely favor the offense, but they went out and started scoring.

Let's also not forget that Phil Simms described that holding as "a good no-call", so we're plenty aware that he doesn't actually know what he's talking about.

The holding was a good no call. Both players were pushing on each other, and there was not definitive evidence there to make a call that would have essentially decided the superbowl

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    First half + 2nd half opening kickoff were "meh". After that it turned to quite a good game.
    I dunno... it was more of just the Ravens putting the game in cruise control and then stepping back on the 49ers' throats when the game got close again. The 49ers putting up some garbage points when the game was already out-of-hand does not a good game make.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    The holding was a good no call. Both players were pushing on each other, and there was not definitive evidence there to make a call that would have essentially decided the superbowl
    Eh, it was a pretty awful call. The Ravens' defender went STRAIGHT after Crabtree and wasn't playing the ball even a little bit, Crabtree pushed back, but that's because the guy was impeding him and draping himself on him.

But I don't care; I like seeing Jim Harbaugh suffer.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

They weren't pushing on each other: the defender was totally wrapping up and locking in the receiver (more than five yards from the LOS). Crabtree was trying to get separation, yes, but the fact is that he didn't, and was unable to extend his arms, which is basically the sign of offensive pass interference. Otherwise, it's just contact.

The no-call was what actually decided the Super Bowl. Calling a clear hold would've still left the Ravens with a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Eh, it was a pretty awful call. The Ravens' defender went STRAIGHT after Crabtree and wasn't playing the ball even a little bit, Crabtree pushed back, but that's because the guy was impeding him and draping himself on him.

But I don't care; I like seeing Jim Harbaugh suffer.
    I dislike both Harbaughs, so seeing one suffer is as good as the other. I really would've liked to see Flacco, Suggs, and Lewis crying, though. But surprisingly, Ray Lewis was not freaking out anywhere near as much as he was during and after the Broncos game.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    They weren't pushing on each other: the defender was totally wrapping up and locking in the receiver (more than five yards from the LOS). Crabtree was trying to get separation, yes, but the fact is that he didn't, and was unable to extend his arms, which is basically the sign of offensive pass interference. Otherwise, it's just contact.

The no-call was what actually decided the Super Bowl. Calling a clear hold would've still left the Ravens with a chance.

I dislike both Harbaughs, so seeing one suffer is as good as the other. I really would've liked to see Flacco, Suggs, and Lewis crying, though. But surprisingly, Ray Lewis was not freaking out anywhere near as much as he was during and after the Broncos game.
    That Broncos game was really emotional for him because of the way they came back at the end, and that game may or may not have been his last ever game..
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

Jim I get the dislike for, he is very demonstrative on the sidelines to say the least. But I don't see the big deal with John. He seems like a good guy to me.

I actually really like both coaches.

Yeah I like John, Jim... I have no real opinion on.
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

Jim's just a hypocritical douche. He, in the span of a few weeks this year, accused a Giants' coach of trying to influence officiating before a game by saying the 49ers' defense plays borderline illegal, and then he did the EXACT SAME THING to the Seahawks, talking about how physical the corners play and the refs don't flag them.

I wouldn't have minded what he said about Seattle's corners in a vacuum--they really do play hard and skirt the rules a lot--but he just not long before saying that threw a big baby temper tantrum at the Giants for doing the same thing.

EDIT: And I hate John Harbaugh because he loses to the Steelers like it's his damn job. But he's less of a jerk than Jim; he's just useless to me.
    Last edited by Sid87; 4th February 2013 at 10:40 PM.

I don't really have an opinion on either coach, but I have to say, Jim sure knows how to express his emotions out there...

Besides them, I personally loved how this game turned out. I was literally at the edge of my seat or hiding behind my pillow because the scores started getting closer and closer after the power outage. As a Ravens fan, I did not like how close the scores were, but it sure made the game interesting.

I was absolutely happy when they won! I'm sure if the 49ers won, though, some major controversies would have popped up due to their sudden change in momentum after the lights went off...

Shingeki no Kyojin | Jean Kirstein
    FF.Net
    * Tumblr

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Storm View Post
    I was absolutely happy when they won! I'm sure if the 49ers won, though, some major controversies would have popped up due to their sudden change in momentum after the lights went off...
    People were already making conspiracy theories. During the blackout my dad was on his phone reading off things like "Goodell ordered the lights to be turned off to help the 49ers" rofl.
    I was rooting for the Ravens, but was quite dissapointed when they won. I was really looking forward to more conspiracy theories. :<

Banana Octodad points:
        Spoiler:

Personally, I was hoping the rest of the lights went out and they couldn't get them back on that night, just to see what would happen :P

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    People were already making conspiracy theories. During the blackout my dad was on his phone reading off things like "Goodell ordered the lights to be turned off to help the 49ers" rofl.
    I was rooting for the Ravens, but was quite dissapointed when they won. I was really looking forward to more conspiracy theories. :<
    Lol! Everyone loves conspiracy theories! xD I remember everyone at my place was saying how maybe one of the 49ers fan hacked into the system and turned the lights off. Some said it was like a miracle for them, others said it was because of the half time show. Who knows what really happened. It did make a difference though for a while.

Personally, I was hoping the rest of the lights went out and they couldn't get them back on that night, just to see what would happen :P
    Ikr? I was secretly hoping for that to happen too! Would they have continued the game next Sunday or ended it there? O.o Though I doubt they would've done the latter. *shrugs*

Shingeki no Kyojin | Jean Kirstein
    FF.Net
    * Tumblr

Spoiler:- Credit:

I actually like both the Harbaughs, simply because they both seem like good coaches to me. However, I found the mention of Jim being hypocritical interesting- I do kind of remember something like that happening, but didn't pay enough attention to really know much about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    I know the commentators were convinced otherwise, but I'm not sure how the blackout helped the '49ers. They were moving on offense when play stopped at a 3rd & 13. Delays rarely favor the offense, but they went out and started scoring.
    I can't point to absolute evidence, but I think that did make a difference. I think it gave the 49ers a chance to collect themselves after an apparent knife to the heart with that kickoff return, and likely allowed some of the Ravens' minds to wonder after apparently wrapping up the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    The 49ers putting up some garbage points when the game was already out-of-hand does not a good game make.
    So like...what? It was just garbage that the 49ers were in the red zone with a shot to get a touchdown and take the lead in the game with less then 2 minutes left?
    At the time, I wasn't thinking that, but now that you mention it I'm starting to get curious. I wonder if there's a legit contingency plan for something like that.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

I'm glad the Ravens won I don't like the 49ers and Ray Lewis gets another ring before he retires.

The Harbaughs haven't spoken to eachother since the Super Bowl... uhh ohh family torn apart. That is just one thing I've heard spoken about on ESPN. People are stupid sometimes I tell ya.

GodDamnZilla

Have you guys heard about Flacco talking to his teammates about tackling the 49ers returner on that last kickoff?

I find it somewhat humorous, but also somewhat lame. He brings up a good point though- what is the rule if that happens?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    The Harbaughs haven't spoken to eachother since the Super Bowl... uhh ohh family torn apart. That is just one thing I've heard spoken about on ESPN. People are stupid sometimes I tell ya.
    Meh, I don't really find that to be a big deal. They've mentioned they talk a lot during the season about football stuff- maybe they don't talk too much in the offseason. Anyway, the season just ended- if they still haven't talked to each other in a few months then that would be weird.

And when you say people or stupid, do you mean the brothers are, for not talking, or ESPN is, for thinking it's a big deal?
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Have you guys heard about Flacco talking to his teammates about tackling the 49ers returner on that last kickoff?

I find it somewhat humorous, but also somewhat lame. He brings up a good point though- what is the rule if that happens?
    Meh, I don't really find that to be a big deal. They've mentioned they talk a lot during the season about football stuff- maybe they don't talk too much in the offseason. Anyway, the season just ended- if they still haven't talked to each other in a few months then that would be weird.

And when you say people or stupid, do you mean the brothers are, for not talking, or ESPN is, for thinking it's a big deal?
    I saw an article on this this week. It's actually referee's discretion to award reasonable field position up to and including a score. So if Ginn was completely in the clear and Flacco ran on the field and tackled him, the Boger could have just awarded SF the touchdown anyway.

As for the Harbaugh story? Who cares? The WorldWide Leader just needs stuff to fill the airways with. And HEAVEN FORBID they spend more than 2 minutes a day on the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post

ESPN for thinking its a big deal.
    Last edited by John Wallrein; 9th February 2013 at 3:13 PM.

GodDamnZilla

Well. Looks like Rob Ryan is in New Orleans now.

Not sure what to say other than he can't be worse than the last guy.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

What team is Tyrann Mathieu going to? He's gonna be the next patrick peterson watch.

The Bears cut Johnny Knox, and there are reports he is unlikely to play football again. I feel bad for the guy, he was really progressing into a good/solid WR before the injury. He was still optimistic for a comeback the entire time, though, but it sounds like he's finally given up on that. Best of luck to him in the future, I guess.
    Last edited by HoboJak; 15th February 2013 at 11:22 AM.

Banana Octodad points:
        Spoiler:

New College Football Rule.

So, the NCAA is enforcing a new rule that any player flagged with targetting a defenseless player will automatically be ejected. This is definetly going to mean players are going to have to change their ways on defense for their own good, the good of the player they're tackling, and their team. What do you guys think about this rule? Do you think it's too extreme?

GodDamnZilla

Though I'm not a St.Louis fan I had to say St.Louis picked up Titus Young from the Lions and just released him and they only had him for a few days :P and Nick Foles from the Eagles is likely to be traded due to Kelly saying hes not right for his style of offense and apparently they want a 1st or 2nd Round pick for him O_o.

Woodson released from the Packers. Freeney released from the Colts.

Most Saints fans are saying we should kick the tires on either one and see if they can help.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Page 164 of 248 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast