Page 167 of 260 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 6477

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Vaccaro to the Saints? I guess that was the best possible move considering what was left. A safe pick really. Although I don't know if it means Harper is out the door because of it. Most are saying the writing is on the wall for him at this point. Either take a pay cut or get cut.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I was very happy too see Eric Fisher go number 1. I'm a Michigan fan, but I follow Central Michigan football pretty closely since I live in the state. As for the Detroit Lions pick I don't understand it. They needed a DB like Dee Milliner more than they needed a defensive end....

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Dee Miliner's a CB, first of all.

Like I said a page or two ago, the Lions didn't really have much choice here. They made the best move they could have made. The top three OTs were gone, and I honestly think taking Dee Miliner at #5 would have been a bit of a reach. I don't think he's that great (and he has an injury history), and honestly, I don't think CB is that big of a need for the Lions, considering they have the three guys they drafted last year and Houston. They needed DE and OL more than CB imho, and with the top three OT off the board, they had to go for DE. Sure, they could have tried to trade back, but with the top 3 OTs gone, I doubt anyone wanted to trade with them.
    And they needed DE since Vanden Bosch and Avril are gone, so they don't have a lot of depth there.

I guess I can understand the argument that the Lions should have taken a guard at #5, but imho, #5 is too high for a guard, no matter how talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Dee Miliner's a CB, first of all.

Like I said a page or two ago, the Lions didn't really have much choice here. They made the best move they could have made. The top three OTs were gone, and I honestly think taking Dee Miliner at #5 would have been a bit of a reach. I don't think he's that great (and he has an injury history), and honestly, I don't think CB is that big of a need for the Lions, considering they have the three guys they drafted last year and Houston. They needed DE and OL more than CB imho, and with the top three OT off the board, they had to go for DE. Sure, they could have tried to trade back, but with the top 3 OTs gone, I doubt anyone wanted to trade with them.
    And they needed DE since Vanden Bosch and Avril are gone, so they don't have a lot of depth there.

I guess I can understand the argument that the Lions should have taken a guard at #5, but imho, #5 is too high for a guard, no matter how talented.
    My error I meant to say CB instead of DB...

CB is a bigger need than defensive end for the Lions in my opinion. I still think they needed a CB more than a DE but I guess that's just me. The Lions secondary was terrible last season besides Houston and Delmas. If they could of drafted a OT that would of been nice, but as you said the top 3 OT's weren't available.The DE they drafted has a lot of upside, but he had a whole 4 sacks last season for BYU. He has a lot of proving to do, and who knows he may just prove me wrong but I'm not sold just yet. I just don't agree with the Lions first pick it's just my personal opinion....

Who knows who they will draft in round 2. I just want the best for this Lions team.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 26th April 2013 at 7:27 AM.

1693 1038 1902

I don't know. I just disagree with the people who say that they have no depth at CB, and it's a huge need for them. I do think they need a CB, but I don't think they needed to address it in Round 1. Like I said, they have Chris Houston and picked three CBs in last year's draft, two of whom (Bentley and Green) showed some potential last season.

I saw DE, any O-line position, and WR (because they have nobody outside of Megatron and Broyles, and I'm assuming Burleson will retire soon) as their top three needs prior to the draft.

Something tells me Detroit will take a wide receiver in the second round and if they do I understand the pick. As you said Burleson may retire soon but he's still productive, and Broyles and Megatron are also big threats at wide receiver especially Megatron! I don't think picking a wide receiver would be a negative thing especially since we don't know how much longer Burleson will be around. I think I have just been way too critical during this draft. I may not agree with the 1st pick Detroit made, but I hope the kid pans out for them. As you said Vandenbosh and Avril need replaced, I wouldn't be surprised to see Detroit take another defensive end in this draft. I know they need them, I just thought the one they picked in the 1st round was a bit unproven in college, but he was the best available at the time so in other words your right. Detroit settled for what was best available. I have just been super stubborn.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 26th April 2013 at 7:55 AM.

1693 1038 1902

Nah, it's okay if you disagree.

I think they'll take a WR at some point, but I'm personally hoping they take Tank Carradine or Alex Okafor in the second round.

I would love too see Detroit take either of those two! I am excited for this season. I don't see Detroit taking a step back at all like they did last season. I think this team has enough talent to win 10 games or more. Call me crazy people

If Matt Stafford has the protection he needs he can make any throw. With the acquisition of Reggie Bush during free agency, Detroit has some nice depth at runningback. They are honestly alright at receiver, Megatron is a beast as we all know, Broyles is young and coming, and Burleson is productive even though he's getting older. If Detroit drafts a wide receiver that would add a little bit more depth to the position. I think they are pretty solid at tightend. The offense should be pretty good if the offensive line can perform good.

The defense on the other hand should't be bad either, and I think we will see a lot of improvement. The defensive line lacks depth at the defensive end spot though. The defensive tackle spots should be pretty good especially if Suh performs good up front. Detroit needs more out of Fairly, and I think he will do well this season. Detroit also has the tackle from Seattle coming in. I believe he is a defensive tackle I'm trying to remember.

The linebacker corps is pretty solid I think, but the secondary needs improved and I think we will see more improvment from them. The secondary will improve just enough to help this defense out. As a whole this team should do just good enough too make the playoffs I just know it. The talent is their. Maybe I'm just being way too optimistic, but the Lions are going to the playoffs this season

It's also gonna be weird this season not seeing Jason Hanson out their I must add...
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 26th April 2013 at 8:36 AM.

1693 1038 1902

Okay, here you go, a professional analyst who is saying the exact same thing I said about Manuel
    http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-c...nuel-pick.html

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

lol Dallas. That was a stupid pick, too.

Still lots of good players on the board for Round 2.
    tell me how that was a stupid pick considering their needs
    they need a goddamn center (no a whole new line really lol) and they got a goddamn center, one that's consistent to boot too
    Dallas was looking to pick up Vaccaro. It was amazing that so many teams passed up on him too. When Vacarro was picked they started looking for a dance partner. They really should have gotten MORE out of the deal than just a 3rd rounder but still, better than picking up some **** gamble they didn't NEED.

think football before you post damnit jesus christ
    oopsie

Wow, no need to be rude.

I apologize that my post was harsh, but I just think Travis Frederick was a reach. They could have gotten him later, and there are plenty of other players they could have drafted. That's all.

Wow, no need to be rude.

I apologize that my post was harsh, but I just think Travis Frederick was a reach. They could have gotten him later, and there are plenty of other players they could have drafted. That's all.
    i wasn't trying to be rude, but really, this pick isn't quite a reach.

There wasn't anybody else for the Cowboys to draft. All the top DLinemen were gone, no notable DBs were left. All the players there that they wanted could easily be picked up in later rounds. Why not pick a 2nd round caliber guy towards the end of the first round?
    If you look at Travis Frederick's size (6'4" 338 pounds) he's a monster. The Cowboys have always favored huge 300+ guys on the line. This is why Emmitt was so damn good in the 90s. He had a HUGE Oline to block for him. Assuming he's intelligent (he was a Center, so he probably is) and he has room to develop, he will fit pretty well in the 'Boys system.
    oopsie

Darius Slay for the Lions in the second round.

Okay, THAT was dumb pick. We don't need another injured CB. Johnathon Banks is better than he is.

EDIT: And it's over. Chargers traded up, took Manti Te'o.

EDIT 2: And Geno to the Jets. What a media circus that one's going to be. Still, bye bye Sanchez!

EDIT 3: And Larry Warford in the third round. Good pick. Lions needed an OG that can start on day 1, and Warford fits that. Starting to warm up a bit to Slay, as well. A meniscus injury really isn't that big of a deal.

EDIT 4: Cards take Honey Badger. Glad the Lions resisted that pick. lol Good luck with that, Cards.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 27th April 2013 at 3:00 AM.

Darius Slay for the Lions in the second round.

Okay, THAT was dumb pick. We don't need another injured CB. Johnathon Banks is better than he is.

EDIT: And it's over. Chargers traded up, took Manti Te'o.

EDIT 2: And Geno to the Jets. What a media circus that one's going to be. Still, bye bye Sanchez!

EDIT 3: And Larry Warford in the third round. Good pick. Lions needed an OG that can start on day 1, and Warford fits that. Starting to warm up a bit to Slay, as well. A meniscus injury really isn't that big of a deal.
    Yeah, Slay could be better than Banks, depending on the scheme. I don't know how the Lions' coverage usually works, but Johnthan has a lot of weaknesses and could be awful if he's not put in the right situation. And like a lot of guys taken so far, he's considered to have a higher ceiling. I'd assume that stuff is why Slay was the pick. And yeah, Warford looks pretty good, and getting him in the 3rd is supposed to be a good value, iirc

Anyway, after stealing a great value and fit with Sylvester Williams in the first, they got Montee Ball in the second, who I think should've been rated higher, maybe the best in the class (besides a hypothetically-healthy Marcus Lattimore). I'm still slightly disappointed, since Damontre Moore was available and likely won't last, and I really wanted Lattimore in the third, but I definitely like the pick.

I've always liked Montee Ball, and I agree that he should have been ranked higher.

Damontre Moore finally taken by the Giants. Kind of glad the Lions passed on him. They've had too many problems with players that have character issues. They don't need another one. Don't know why so many Lions fans wanted him.
    Also kind of hoping they trade back into the 3rd to get Barrett Jones. They need a new center to replace Raiola.

I've always liked Montee Ball, and I agree that he should have been ranked higher.

Damontre Moore finally taken by the Giants. Kind of glad the Lions passed on him. They've had too many problems with players that have character issues. They don't need another one. Don't know why so many Lions fans wanted him.
    Also kind of hoping they trade back into the 3rd to get Barrett Jones. They need a new center to replace Raiola.
    At least he still went before Eddie Lacy. Le'veon Bell is probably at about Ball's level, too, though. And I'm surprised Giovani Bernard was the first RB taken, even though it was probably just a matter of fitting Cincinatti the best.

Yeah, that's kind of a bummer for me. I'm still surprised Moore lasted that far. But he's pretty much best friends with Von Miller, so a lot of people were thinking that might help keep him focused and working hard. He's probably developmental, too, so after taking Ziggy, he definitely wouldn't be a great choice. Barrett Jones might be my favorite OL in this draft, so he'd definitely be a good pick, wherever he goes. I'm surprised he's still on the board.

And the Broncos just took Kayvon Webster, CB. Haha, who the hell is that? I trust Johns Elway and Fox, so maybe there's something there, but unlike Williams and Ball (both of whom I was familiar with and liked a lot), this pick is out of nowhere.

I like the Darius Slay, and Larry Watford picks by the Lions. Larry has the ability to start right away, and Slay will contribute right away im sure "as long as he can stay healthy."

I am happy Detroit passed up on the Honey Badger. Call me a hater or whatever you want, but that kid has quite a lot of negative baggage with him. I wouldn't take a risk on him but thats just what I think. He may be a playmaker when he gets the ball in his hands, but his negative baggage worries me.

I'm sure many will disagree with me.

1693 1038 1902

No, I definitely agree with you, and most Lions fans I've seen would agree with you, too. The Lions have had too much bad luck with guys with character issues, and I really don't want another Titus Young.

I, too, am content with Slay and Warford. The Lions are having a solid, if unspectacular draft. Like I said, I'm hoping they find a way to trade up to take Barrett Jones, since they have the 35th pick in the 4th round, I believe. He's not going to last that long.

No, I definitely agree with you, and most Lions fans I've seen would agree with you, too. The Lions have had too much bad luck with guys with character issues, and I really don't want another Titus Young.

I, too, am content with Slay and Warford. The Lions are having a solid, if unspectacular draft. Like I said, I'm hoping they find a way to trade up to take Barrett Jones, since they have the 35th pick in the 4th round, I believe. He's not going to last that long.
    I'm glad too know i'm not the only one who thinks passing up on the Honey Badger was a good idea. I'm glad Titus Young is gone....That guy was a locker room problem, and off the field problem. The Lions don't need players like that on their team.

I would love for the Lions too pick Barrett Jones. He is a very good offensive lineman thats very versatile. Not to mention this guy played against some of the best defensive linemen in the SEC. I think Barrett would start right away for the Lions. The Lions need someone too take over Raiolas spot like you said. The fact Barrett Jones is even still on the board surprises me.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 27th April 2013 at 6:46 AM.

1693 1038 1902

Montee Ball was a good pick for the broncos, he really is a consistent rb who have 3 good season in his career, he manage to have more than 900 carries, more than 5 per carry, the record for most rushing touchdowns etc and He ONLY fumbled 2 times. He is so prepared to play in the nfl, and if you know Montee was a broncos fan since he started watching football, he admired Terrell Davs so much that he saw all his interviews and highlights. I hope that Montee could be successful just like Davis.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

And that's it for the Lions draft. They were kind of meh today. I liked the Devin Taylor, Corey Fuller, and Michael Williams picks, but that's about all. Hated the Steve Martin and Theo Reddick picks and don't care about Brandon Hepburn, because he's nothing more than a ST guy, but whatever. Lower-round picks aren't worth complaining about.

Overall, I think this draft was a success for the Lions. They addressed most of their needs and had mostly good picks. But they certainly could have done better.

The Vikings easily had the best draft of the NFC North, though. If they had a better QB, they'd be a legitimate SB contender imho.

It's Superbowl Season! Today's the Superbowl day! Today's a special day so we've got some football goin' for superbowl.

Today's the day. Gotta make it to the end-zone. Gotta make the touchdown. Gotta make a dash for it, sprintin', untouchable. Oooh, didn't get very far that time. Tackled. Fumbled. Lost the ball. 52! 74! Tackle! Touchdown Field Goal! Hail Marry Pass! Go go go! Oh no, O.O.B! (out of bounds) Lost another ball! That cost him big time. Man, that's brutal, but you know, that's just how it goes in the pro world. That's just how the cookie crumbles on Superbowl Day!

Quote Originally Posted by pilotredsun View Post
    It's Superbowl Season! Today's the Superbowl day! Today's a special day so we've got some football goin' for superbowl.

Today's the day. Gotta make it to the end-zone. Gotta make the touchdown. Gotta make a dash for it, sprintin', untouchable. Oooh, didn't get very far that time. Tackled. Fumbled. Lost the ball. 52! 74! Tackle! Touchdown Field Goal! Hail Marry Pass! Go go go! Oh no, O.O.B! (out of bounds) Lost another ball! That cost him big time. Man, that's brutal, but you know, that's just how it goes in the pro world. That's just how the cookie crumbles on Superbowl Day!
    Probably the single most annoying post I have ever read. I feel like John Madden just discovered the internet.
    Yeah, Pokémon's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Probably the single most annoying post I have ever read. I feel like John Madden just discovered the internet.
    That's their fatal flaw, they've got holes in their defense.

Well Elon a couple days ago announced it was leaving the SoCon for the Colonial Athletic Association. I suspect no one really cares since that is FCS football.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Page 167 of 260 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217 ... LastLast