Page 170 of 263 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 6572

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    Pssshhh. Y'all crazy. Bucs all the way baby!!!! :P
    The Bucs haven't done anything notable since their Super Bowl appearance. Josh Freeman is one of the cellar dwellers when it comes to NFL quarterbacks, which is unfortunate considering that the NFL has become a QB driven, Pass-oriented league over the past decade. I expect them to compete this year, and they will give a few scares to some good teams. However, i'm picking them to finish 3rd in the division ahead of Carolina. At best, they're probably an 8 win team. Though i think they'll finish with a 7 win season again this year.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

The Bucs have the disfortune of being in a division with three teams who are all pretty darn good (or, in the case of the Panthers, at least extraordinarily upward mobile).

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

After everything that happened last year, the Saints still managed 7 wins with the worst defense ever. With Sean Payton back and a DC that isn't absolutely horrible, they could easily be back in the playoffs. He is one of the better Head Coaches in the league and makes a difference on any team. Him and Drew Brees are attached to the hip and prove to be a nightmare for most defenses.

They still have the same foundation that had them in the playoffs for 3 straight years and even better improvements. Keenan Lewis and Kenny Vaccaro boosts the secondary which was awful last year. Stills and Toon replace aging vets Henderson and Meachem. Rob Ryan, while not exactly a miracle worker now has an offense that won't leave his defense out to dry, which often masks a bad defense. And considering how bad they were, they got nowhere to go but up. Even during their Super Bowl season, the Saints had a new coordinator and the 25th ranked defense overall. People seem to want to look over the fact that in 2011, they were arguably one of the best teams in the league, right up there with the Packers and just annihilating teams off the field , with the best offense in the league with Brees at the helm with matchup nightmares Sproles and Graham and were about 1:34 from another NFC Championship game against the 49ers, if not for one Greg Williams. One bad season and now everyone thinks of them as the laughing stock of the NFL, when if you put any team in the situation they were in, they'd fail just as hard or ever harder.

With Sean Payton back, they could easily go undefeated at home like in 2011 and win a couple of games on the road. I got them with at least 11-12 wins and NFC South champs.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    After everything that happened last year, the Saints still managed 7 wins with the worst defense ever. With Sean Payton back and a DC that isn't absolutely horrible, they could easily be back in the playoffs. He is one of the better Head Coaches in the league and makes a difference on any team. Him and Drew Brees are attached to the hip and prove to be a nightmare for most defenses.

They still have the same foundation that had them in the playoffs for 3 straight years and even better improvements. Keenan Lewis and Kenny Vaccaro boosts the secondary which was awful last year. Stills and Toon replace aging vets Henderson and Meachem. Rob Ryan, while not exactly a miracle worker now has an offense that won't leave his defense out to dry, which often masks a bad defense. And considering how bad they were, they got nowhere to go but up. Even during their Super Bowl season, the Saints had a new coordinator and the 25th ranked defense overall. People seem to want to look over the fact that in 2011, they were arguably one of the best teams in the league, right up there with the Packers and just annihilating teams off the field , with the best offense in the league with Brees at the helm with matchup nightmares Sproles and Graham and were about 1:34 from another NFC Championship game against the 49ers, if not for one Greg Williams. One bad season and now everyone thinks of them as the laughing stock of the NFL, when if you put any team in the situation they were in, they'd fail just as hard or ever harder.

With Sean Payton back, they could easily go undefeated at home like in 2011 and win a couple of games on the road. I got them with at least 11-12 wins and NFC South champs.
    js, everybody knows that the laughingstock of the NFL is the Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    The Bucs haven't done anything notable since their Super Bowl appearance. Josh Freeman is one of the cellar dwellers when it comes to NFL quarterbacks, which is unfortunate considering that the NFL has become a QB driven, Pass-oriented league over the past decade. I expect them to compete this year, and they will give a few scares to some good teams. However, i'm picking them to finish 3rd in the division ahead of Carolina. At best, they're probably an 8 win team. Though i think they'll finish with a 7 win season again this year.
    As spot on as it gets >_< I've always been miffed that we took Freeman. I still think it was because of the Raheem Morris connection

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    js, everybody knows that the laughingstock of the NFL is the Raiders.
    Agree 100%. Although the case could be made in favor of the Jaguars, Browns, Rams, Chiefs. Although the Rams did enjoy a good period of success about 10 years ago when warner was their QB.

Serebii.net Claims:

I think it's the Jaguars right now. Don't they have games blacked out all the time?
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I dunno, I've seen a lot of jokes from Browns fans about their team.

Then again, I think they may get 8-9 wins this year if Weeden can manage to not suck. The Raiders and Jaguars look worse on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I think it's the Jaguars right now. Don't they have games blacked out all the time?
    Last blackout was in 2009. Quite frankly, the blackout policy should be eliminated. Fans deserve to see all their teams' games on TV, even if they don't sell enough tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Last blackout was in 2009. Quite frankly, the blackout policy should be eliminated. Fans deserve to see all their teams' games on TV, even if they don't sell enough tickets.
    Wait, there are Jaguars fans?

Serebii.net Claims:

Tebow should have gone to the Jaguars.

Anyways, i believe Cam Newton will be able to get his first ring in about 1-2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Comebhax View Post
    Tebow should have gone to the Jaguars.

Anyways, i believe Cam Newton will be able to get his first ring in about 1-2 years.
    As a backup QB on an elite team maybe.

You guys are talking about the laughingstock of the NFL, and you haven't brought up the Lions? The only team to go 0-16 in a season?

I'm a Lions fan, and I think you could easily make a case for them being the laughingstock of the NFL. Though not at the present. I'd say they're a .500 team now. Now, it's probably the Jags, I'll agree there.

I dunno, I've seen a lot of jokes from Browns fans about their team.
    First thing I thought of.

Jets fan here, I don't really understand why they are starting Geno Smith tomorrow. I was one of those rare Jets fans who actually liked Sanchez and was rooting for him all through his struggles last season (and never was chanting for Tebow). The guy has nothing around him, so he's doomed for another horrible season this year but this isn't ALL his fault and he is being made the goat.

In other news the defense should be fine even without Revis.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    Jets fan here, I don't really understand why they are starting Geno Smith tomorrow. I was one of those rare Jets fans who actually liked Sanchez and was rooting for him all through his struggles last season (and never was chanting for Tebow). The guy has nothing around him, so he's doomed for another horrible season this year but this isn't ALL his fault and he is being made the goat.

In other news the defense should be fine even without Revis.
    It's one of the last preseason games. Usually you see most of the starters rest up in preseason games 3 and 4. Sancheez is your starting QB for now. It isn't all his fault for the predicament the Jets find themselves in every year. However, laughable plays like his butt fumble are why he'll never be considered a good quarterback. As for the Jets as a whole, i'm under the impression that they're not into winning. Rather than win, they would rather get a sideshow act. You know a football team is a joke when they haven't been relevant in 20 years and their 2nd most notable player isn't even a real person (Flash Gordon).

Serebii.net Claims:

5 days fellas, 5 days.

Not this past season, but the Raiders did (which is on top of living in the populous California, with what is by far the smallest stadium in the NFL). And if you want to go by blackouts, Tampa Bay was by far the worst this past season.

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    It's one of the last preseason games. Usually you see most of the starters rest up in preseason games 3 and 4. Sancheez is your starting QB for now. It isn't all his fault for the predicament the Jets find themselves in every year. However, laughable plays like his butt fumble are why he'll never be considered a good quarterback. As for the Jets as a whole, i'm under the impression that they're not into winning. Rather than win, they would rather get a sideshow act. You know a football team is a joke when they haven't been relevant in 20 years and their 2nd most notable player isn't even a real person (Flash Gordon).
    You're 50% completely wrong. Starters generally play the most in the third preseason game (the majority of the game), but then they usually don't play at all in the last game.

5 days fellas, 5 days.
    Until what?

Not this past season, but the Raiders did (which is on top of living in the populous California, with what is by far the smallest stadium in the NFL). And if you want to go by blackouts, Tampa Bay was by far the worst this past season.

You're 50% completely wrong. Starters generally play the most in the third preseason game (the majority of the game), but then they usually don't play at all in the last game.

Until what?
    It depends entirely on the team, and at most times on the Quarterback. By the way nice oxymoron.

Serebii.net Claims:

Until what?
    Until college football starts.

I definitely can't wait for the Jets drama this season after watching Geno Smith fail and Sanchez getting hurt. Before the game i had criticized Smith for being a terrible QB who didn't play anybody good in college on the defensive side of the ball and when he did (LSU for example) he got destroyed, and after the comment i got swarmed by angry jets fans. 3 interceptions later the apologies flood in. Predictions on their W/L this season? I'm going with 5 games.

Serebii.net Claims:

My NFL picks this year (the only reason I log on to this forum lol)

* - wild card.

1. Washington
    2. Philadelphia
    3. Dallas
    4. NY Giants

NFC North
    1. Green Bay
    2. Minnesota
    3. Lions
    4. Chi Bears

NFC South
    1. Falcons - Bye
    2. Panthers*
    3. Tampa Bay
    4. NOLA

NFC West
    1. 49ers - Homefield, Bye
    2. Seahawks*
    3. Rams
    4. Arizona

AFC East
    1. New England
    2. Miami
    3. Buffalo
    4. Jets

AFC North
    1. Bengals
    2. Baltimore
    3. Browns
    4. Pittsburgh

AFC South
    1. Texans, Bye, Homefield
    2. Indianapolis*
    3. Titans
    4. Jacksonville

AFC West
    1. Broncos Bye
    2. Chargers
    3. Chiefs
    4. Raiders

Playoffs -
    Seeding
    afc quarterfinals
    texans vs indinapolis
    broncos vs bengals
    nfc quarterfinals
    Niners vs washington
    falcons vs seahawks

finals of nfc and afc
    Seahawks vs 49ers
    Indianpolis vs Bengals

super bowl
    Niners vs Cincinatti and Niners Win!

Pokemon X Round 2

Massive LOL @ Carolina even thinking about dreaming of getting a wild card spot with Atlanta AND New Orleans in their division.

If they do manage to get in the playoffs, please quote me, sig it, put it on your refridgerator, whatever. I'll be here to eat all the crow possible.

But I do agree with the Jest (spelled like that intentionally) finishing 4th in their division.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 27th August 2013 at 11:21 PM.

Based on the first 11 years of results in the NFC South I would say Carolina is next in line to win the division. They have only two NFC South titles, and the other teams have 3. Cam Newton is a rising star, don't underestimate him.

New Orleans is regressing, I don't see them getting more than 9 wins if that at all. Atlanta will manage to get a wild card this year as they will start regressing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Based on the first 11 years of results in the NFC South I would say Carolina is next in line to win the division. They have only two NFC South titles, and the other teams have 3. Cam Newton is a rising star, don't underestimate him.

New Orleans is regressing, I don't see them getting more than 9 wins if that at all. Atlanta will manage to get a wild card this year as they will start regressing too.
    How is New Orleans regressing? Their offense keeps reloading every year, we actually have a head coach this season and we're showing signs of improvement on defense. I'm pretty sure your argument is invalid.

Serebii.net Claims:

Here are my preseason predictions for division standings by season's end (with comments for certain teams)

AFC North:

Bengals- Not necessarily because they got better, but I think Baltimore got worse.
    Steelers- You never know which Steelers you're going to get, the good or the mediocre.
    Ravens- See Bengals. Also a huge WTF at Joe's contract.
    Browns

AFC East:

Patriots- They should win this division by default. Everybody else is so bad. Home Field Advantage.
    Dolphins
    Bills
    Jets- LOL JETS

AFC South:

Texans
    Colts- I honestly thought about putting them as division winners. Also I sat behind one of their starting offensive lineman in a class back when I was in high school.
    Titans
    Jaguars- Becoming a laughingstock if they aren't already, IMO

AFC West:

Broncos- First round bye. Hopefully we get a Peyton-Brady AFC championship game one last time.
    Chargers- Which Rivers will we get? The one who plays near MVP status or the one who threw like 6 interceptions in that one game vs. Denver last year?
    Raiders- I'm considering putting them last because of their QB situation
    Chiefs

NFC North: I can actually see this division being the best in the NFC this year.

Packers- First round bye, HFA maybe?
    Vikings- Have they done anything to get worse over the offseason?
    Bears
    Lions- They're improving I think. I know it was preseason but their defense played really good vs. the Patriots

NFC East:

Cowboys- WISHFUL THINKING, but more like 2nd or 3rd place in division.
    Giants- We had the average/bad Giants last year, so I think they make the playoffs this year. Probable division winners. Still going with my Boys as homer pick, though.
    Redskins- RGIII will take a step back this year with that injury I think.
    Eagles- Surely they can't be much worse than last year right?

NFC South:

Falcons- I can see them in the playoffs but once again not really doing much when they get there.
    Saints- They got their coach back and some players back as well. It's between them and the Vikings for the 6th wildcard spot.
    Panthers
    Bucs

NFC West:

49ers- I hate them but they very may well be the best team in the NFC come next season. Possible HFA if GB doesn't get it.
    Seahawks- A tossup pick for the playoffs. Maybe I'll know a few weeks into the season
    Cardinals
    Rams

There are 6 teams that I think will be battling it out for a wildcard spot in the NFC. Saints, Cowboys, Giants, Vikings, Seahawks, Redskins. 2 of the NFC East teams listed make it in, one as division winner and the other as wild card, then Saints, Vikings, or Seahawks as other wildcard.

I think the NFC will be much more wide open than the AFC this year.

Page 170 of 263 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast