Page 171 of 264 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 6582

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Well. The Saints have always had the Falcons number since Sean Payton and Drew Brees came to town. I like their chances to overtake the Falcons for the NFC South title.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

The Aggies are gonna eat it this year. Rice went up and down the field on them all day.
    Even if you have 7 starters out this is uncalled for. I don't forsee A&M beating Alabama again nor getting a big BCS bid with this defense.

Texas won handily. Nearly took them an entire 1st half to figure it out but still, they won handily in the end. Texas State won as well.

A&M will beat Alabama. Remember this game is being played at Kyle Field. A big home field advantage for the Aggies.

But of course, the SEC streak will end this year. ND over Ohio State for the national title. Then next year, OSU wins the first playoff.

Also tonight, Pitt makes its ACC debut against Florida State. I'm sure gonna watch that game.

Happy that i finished with 86% accuracy on my top 25 picks from last week. I really thought Miss. St., Oregon St. and UGA would win, but alas they didn't.
    @Pikachu Fan Number Nine, you never cease to amaze me with some of your responses, they're trololawesome. 1. Alabama will beat A&M. I'm guessing you didn't watch the A&M-Rice game, because the defense was flat out awful every step of the way. If A&M's defense doesn't fail on the Aggies, Johnny Football's antics which now seem to equate to penalties will. 2. Kyle Field is not a big home field advantage. Year before last they lost to UT, OK St., Missouri and Arkansas at home, while they lost to LSU and Florida at home last year. If anything they are better away than at home. P.S. It's Alabama, wherever they go you pretty much disregard home field advantage. 3. Seriously? Notre Dame and Ohio State? Ohio State struggled to beat Buffalo this week and Notre Dame was about as impressive against Temple as Florida was against Toledo. Ohio State will probably be in the top 10 this year mainly due to their incredibly easy schedule, Notre Dame, not so much.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Week 2 Top 25 picks
    Another week of boring matchups.
    24 TCU over Southeastern
    13 Oklahoma State over UTSA
    8 Louisville over EKU
    21 Wisconsin over TN Tech
    4 Clemson over SC State
    23 Baylor over Buffalo
    3 Ohio State over San Diego State
    2 Oregon over UVA
    19 Northwestern over Syracuse
    22 Nebraska over Southern Miss.
    16 OU over West Virginia
    7 A&M over Sam Houston
    15 UT over BYU
    9 LSU over UAB
    17 Michigan over 14 Notre Dame
    25 USC over Wash St.
    5 Stanford over San Jose St.

Close games:
    11 UGA over 6 S. Carolina
    12 Florida over Miami
    Not including Michigan-ND because i think Michigan will probably win by 14 points or more.

Serebii.net Claims:

@KPM I think you need to stop drinking the Alabama Koolaid. They just aren't as good as advertise, they just get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    @KPM I think you need to stop drinking the Alabama Koolaid. They just aren't as good as advertise, they just get lucky.
    Why would i drink the Alabama Koolaid? I'm an LSU fan. I have been for 22 years and i don't intend to be anything else in the near future. P.S. Last time i checked, they've only lost 2 games in the past 3 years. They are as good as advertised. Just because Ohio State has Urban Meyer doesn't make them national title contenders. You want not as good as advertised, look at Ohio State and Notre Dame (wow they looked amazing in that National Championship game didn't they!)
    Last edited by KantoPkmnMaster; 4th September 2013 at 11:01 PM.

Serebii.net Claims:

I do think Alabama looked a bit sloppy in their game. Their offense certainly needs to turn it around, though that may have been due to the fact that they were playing an absolutely stellar Virginia Tech defense. If their offense had half the productivity the defense had, Virginia Tech could've easily won that game, but it got out of hand pretty early on due to some offensive mistakes and abhorrent special teams play. If Johnny Manziel can stop acting like a moron and just play some football, I fully expect another A&M victory over the Tide this year.

Georgia's offense looked pretty good in the Clemson game, especially Todd Gurley. However, our offensive line looked absolutely awful. They looked like a bunch of rookies despite the fact that they came into this season as veterans. Aaron Murray knows what he's doing and he's a damn good player, but I think the main reason he struggles in big games is due to the fact that the coaches simply will not play to his strengths. He is not a quarterback that excels at a moderate pace. If any of you watched the entire game, you saw how great he is at commanding a hurry-up offense and getting us down the field and scoring quickly. If the offensive coordinator would wisen up and perhaps run this no huddle more often, say once every other drive, or even every drive if need be, I think we'd be twice the offensive threat we are now. Seeing as how the rest of our really tough games are either at home or at neutral sites, I see us winning out with some close games with South Carolina and LSU. However, I do think that if we do win out and go into the SEC championship with momentum on our side and with some actual motivation this time, we'll get those last five yards this time.

Ohio State is overrated, period, and sadly enough, they'll likely get to the title game due to them playing an orphanage or a team of crippled war veterans with PTSD every other week. A high school team could win out with their schedule with the exception of Michigan. Even if they do make it to the title game, they'll get crushed again by either Alabama, Georgia, or South Carolina. I wouldn't count Clemson out as a dark horse candidate to run the table this year either.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    I do think Alabama looked a bit sloppy in their game. Their offense certainly needs to turn it around, though that may have been due to the fact that they were playing an absolutely stellar Virginia Tech defense. If their offense had half the productivity the defense had, Virginia Tech could've easily won that game, but it got out of hand pretty early on due to some offensive mistakes and abhorrent special teams play. If Johnny Manziel can stop acting like a moron and just play some football, I fully expect another A&M victory over the Tide this year.

Georgia's offense looked pretty good in the Clemson game, especially Todd Gurley. However, our offensive line looked absolutely awful. They looked like a bunch of rookies despite the fact that they came into this season as veterans. Aaron Murray knows what he's doing and he's a damn good player, but I think the main reason he struggles in big games is due to the fact that the coaches simply will not play to his strengths. He is not a quarterback that excels at a moderate pace. If any of you watched the entire game, you saw how great he is at commanding a hurry-up offense and getting us down the field and scoring quickly. If the offensive coordinator would wisen up and perhaps run this no huddle more often, say once every other drive, or even every drive if need be, I think we'd be twice the offensive threat we are now. Seeing as how the rest of our really tough games are either at home or at neutral sites, I see us winning out with some close games with South Carolina and LSU. However, I do think that if we do win out and go into the SEC championship with momentum on our side and with some actual motivation this time, we'll get those last five yards this time.

Ohio State is overrated, period, and sadly enough, they'll likely get to the title game due to them playing an orphanage or a team of crippled war veterans with PTSD every other week. A high school team could win out with their schedule with the exception of Michigan. Even if they do make it to the title game, they'll get crushed again by either Alabama, Georgia, or South Carolina. I wouldn't count Clemson out as a dark horse candidate to run the table this year either.
    I wouldn't count out Clemson either. If they beat Florida State and Miami, which are the hardest teams remaining on their schedule, they can run the table.

Serebii.net Claims:

Well NFL season is finally here. If they were real, Grimsley and Lara Laramie would be watching this probably. It's obvious that Grimsley would be a Ravens fan, and Lara, who has blue hair and an orange headband, is a Broncos fan.

Oh great a delay :|
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post

I think a big part of the reason UGA's offense looked good was playing a pretty bad ACC defense. Seriously, I watched that whole game, and while the offense of both teams is pretty good, the defense from both teams was shoddy. Don't see how you can see UGA winning out with how bad that defense looked.

Write off Florida at your own risk. If you don't think the Florida/Georgia game is going to be a close game you need to take the red glasses off. The reason UGA won last year was 6 turnovers and Jordan Reed trying to jump into the endzone instead of lowering his shoulder and running it in. Would have went to OT. even with all that it was a close game.

I think UGA has two, maybe 3 more losses on their schedule this season. UGA could very easily lose one or all of the games against SC, LSU, and UF.

Completely agree about OSU though. They will waltz to the championship game on the back of their pitiful schedule and get their faces beat in. Meyer's "stress related issues" will crop up again shortly after and he will "need to spend time with his family"
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 6th September 2013 at 4:06 AM.

Hey, who else is watching the Denver/ Baltimore game?
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by mjunior3 View Post
    Hey, who else is watching the Denver/ Baltimore game?
    I'm watching it. Though for some reason I'm not too interested.

WTF, WELKER!? *Starts crying*

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I'm watching it. Though for some reason I'm not too interested.
    My attitude with any NFL game. Even my own team. Just doesn't have the same draw as college.

Am I the only one that finds the NCAA waaaaay more to keep track of than the NFL?

Am I the only one that finds the NCAA waaaaay more to keep track of than the NFL?
    More what? Tough? Easy?

For me its easy cause I'm into it. The only team I pay close attention to is Florida, but I keep close tabs on the sec besides.

I could see how it could be tough due to there being so many teams, but thats part of what makes it so much better than the NFL for me.

Just how many teams there are is how it's hard to keep track of to me. 32 vs. 80+, lol

Well, here's a little commentary I have on the NFL's current division alignment.

Personally, it is much improved over the basic structure that existed for over 30 years. But there are still some changes that need to be made. Example, Miami is the league's southernmost team, and yet they remain in the AFC East with teams that are at least a thousand miles away. Indianapolis is clearly a northern city, and yet the Colts are in the AFC South. And the biggest eyesore of them all - Saint Louis is in the NFC West while a team that is further west, Dallas, plays in the NFC East.

So, I have proposed a realignment that is even more strictly geographical than the current alignment.

AFC:
    East: Buffalo, New England, NY Jets, Pittsburgh
    North: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Kansas City
    South: Baltimore, Jacksonville, Miami, Tennessee
    West: Denver, Houston, Oakland, San Diego

NFC:
    East: Detroit, NY Giants, Philadelphia, Washington
    North: Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, St. Louis
    South: Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Tampa Bay
    West: Arizona, Dallas, San Francisco, Seattle

The NFC South would remain unchanged since it is the only division in which all the teams are best fit there. Some rivalries of course will be broken up (like Chicago-Detroit but if the NHL is fine with that one broke up then the NFL can do it too). And yet, several new ones can flourish. Chicago and St. Louis are already rivals in baseball and hockey, so why not football?

Just how many teams there are is how it's hard to keep track of to me. 32 vs. 80+, lol
    32 vs. about 130 in FCS. Try betting on games, that's a chore in itself.

Serebii.net Claims:

NFL is much easier to follow IMO, as a whole league than the NCAA is.

Though with the NCAA, I mainly follow the SEC, and for some reason Oregon. I think its the uniforms.

OK Denver looks pretty good right now. Or Baltimore looks extremely bad.

This Peyton Manning guy looks to be a pretty legit QB, you know.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 6th September 2013 at 5:32 AM.

That premature celebration touchdown...he just pulled a DeSean Jackson...smh.

I was sooo pissed when he not only dropped the ball, but got a teammate hurt because of it. Ugh...

I loled when it happened (and when his coach yelled at him before commercial break). God damn that was one of the biggest mistake and the Ravens were on the rallying up too.

Page 171 of 264 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221 ... LastLast