Page 174 of 263 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 6569

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    Only the Philadelphia Eagles could turn what was at one point a 33-7 game and nearly lose it.
    A win is a win.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    A win is a win.
    I agree, a win is a win. But eagles should have kept there lead and not risk losing it like they almost did, lets hope next game is more exciting.

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

Since i'm a Michigan fan I always try to watch teams that have former Michigan players on them. I'm been keeping up with the Jaguars ever since they drafted Denard Robinson. Yes I know the Jags lost on Sunday, and did terrible. I wish Denard would've gotten more touches though. I know the Jaguars have been using him as a running back, wide receiver, and wildcat quarterback during the preseason. I think he is also a kick return man as well.

I also can't believe the Lions won! I'm not a diehard Lions fan, but since I live in Michigan I always want them to succeed.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Week 3 Top 25 Picks
    24 TCU over Texas Tech
    1 Bama over 6 A&M
    2 Oregon over Tennessee
    4 Ohio State over Cal
    5 Stanford over Army
    7 Louisville over Kentucky
    8 LSU over Kent St.
    10 Florida St. over Nevada
    11 Michigan over Akron
    12 OK St. over Lamar
    13 S. Carolina over Vandy
    14 OU over Tulsa
    16 UCLA over 23 Nebraska
    17 NW over WMU
    19 Wash over Illinois
    20 Wisc over ASU
    21 ND over Purdue
    25 Ole Miss over UT

Yet another easy week in the top 25

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

SEC fans (and Alabama fans in particular) get a load of this:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...cording-report

Looks like the Tide could be losing their last two titles

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    SEC fans (and Alabama fans in particular) get a load of this:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...cording-report

Looks like the Tide could be losing their last two titles
    Good to see cheaters get what's coming to them.

Serebii.net Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    I'm confused. Was that supposed to hurt my feelings or flatter me? Last I checked, the SEC hasn't been beaten in years in the championship. No need to be upset that we show up when it counts. I'll gladly drink the sec koolaid if it keeps us winning.
    the SEC ain't lookin too good right now buddy.

when you look right down to it, the last few titles SEC teams have won were against sub-par or crippled teams (Colt-less Longhorns playing a freshman QB, an ND Team that never should have been in the Nat'Championship game in the first place).
    I don't see why people are suddenly crediting the SEC to be the top conference when in reality, this has only been the case for maybe the last half decade.

Btw to add, when you have a Big 12 team (A&M) who has traditionally been the punching bag for years in that conference, beat the top dog in the first year (Alabama), you know something is up. I would like to see Alabama play some more fast paced offenses than playing the slower paced, ground based, defense heavy games most of the SEC plays.
    Last edited by Zenotwapal; 12th September 2013 at 5:57 PM.

The sec jealousy is palpable today. Save it haters. We've heard it all before.

I'm biased towards the SEC and even I think Alabama and maybe LSU's recent success is causing people to overrate/overrank some of the SEC teams.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Speaking of the Lions, is it just me, or is anyone else into Ndamukong Suh just to watch his dirtiest plays?

But that $100,000 fine...he basically deserved it, and yet he's appealing to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post
    Speaking of the Lions, is it just me, or is anyone else into Ndamukong Suh just to watch his dirtiest plays?

But that $100,000 fine...he basically deserved it, and yet he's appealing to it.
    I want to be watching when someone lays his *** out.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I want to be watching when someone lays his *** out.
    If someone......if someone, can put Suh in his place, I wouldn't be surprised if that player would gain massive respect as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post

I swear Suh has some kind of anger problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    The sec jealousy is palpable today. Save it haters. We've heard it all before.
    No, it's simply not "hating". If you watch enough football, there is a clear difference between the styles of football the SEC plays and say, the Big 12 or PAC 12 plays.
    Sure, I think there are some good teams in the SEC. But are they better than EVERY collegiate football team in the nation? It's hard pressed to say that.
    I am curious to see how the SEC plays against teams that actually throw the ball much more often. A&M came from a conference where spread offense was king, so naturally their defensive and offensive weapons are geared to protect/implement the pass. They tore Alabama's secondary apart last year. And most likely, they will do it again (a part of me doesn't want them to do it again, Manziel does not deserve one ounce of the credit he gets, and you would hate Aggie fans too if you had to deal with them. They are some of the most disrespectful, unsportsman like fans on the planet).

Want to take a look at a fine gone wrong, take a look at Lavonte David's late hit

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-on-geno-smith

THAT was fined. Heck it was a borderline penalty.

I can't see how people can make a case for the Patriots this year. Looking at the first two games, they might struggle to win their own division...how sad. Just kidding, i'm loving every minute of this.

Serebii.net Claims:

Pats will struggle a bit, but they still have Tom Brady, and with Tom Brady and Belichick, you always have a chance.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Pats will struggle a bit, but they still have Tom Brady, and with Tom Brady and Belichick, you always have a chance.
    I can't imagine what the Pats would be like without Brady. It's going to be armageddon across N.E. when he does finally retire.

Serebii.net Claims:

Patriots have lost alot of key players as well as the ravens, this season will probably go durn to Seattle and the 49ers but as a hard core packers fan I can't go for either one lol

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

I can't wait for Brady to retire. The only chance the Jets have of winning their division is after he's gone. Last night was tough to watch, but this defense is looking awesome right now.

the offense... not so much.

That's going to be a terrible division once Brady retires. Kind of like the AFC West once Peyton retires.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    That's going to be a terrible division once Brady retires. Kind of like the AFC West once Peyton retires.
    He's no Tom Brady (yet, who knows what the future holds) but Ryan Malett can play ball. At least he could back at Arkansas. The way i see it, anyone with exception to the Jets could win the division if they wanted to after looking at the Pats last night. Bills looked more impressive in their showing, and Miami has more components for a successful team than either Buffalo or NY. Going to be interesting.

Serebii.net Claims:

Since i was busy and forgot to post last night before game (I picked the Pats anyway, who wouldn't) here are my picks for NFL Week 2. Currently 10-6 on NFL picks on the year. Much better at picking college games..
    Week 2 NFL Picks
    Pats over Jets
    Falcons over Rams
    Panthers over Bills
    Vikings over Bears
    Packers over Redskins
    Dolphins over Colts
    Chiefs over Cowboys
    Ravens over Browns
    Texans over Titans
    Eagles over Chargers
    Lions over Cardinals
    Saints over Bucs
    Raiders over Jags
    Broncos over Giants
    49ers over Seahawks (This one was really hard)
    Bengals over Steelers

Serebii.net Claims:

Since i was busy and forgot to post last night before game (I picked the Pats anyway, who wouldn't) here are my picks for NFL Week 2. Currently 10-6 on NFL picks on the year. Much better at picking college games..
    Week 2 NFL Picks
    Dolphins over [/I][/B]Colts
    Chiefs over Cowboys
    what

why the Dolphins over the Colts? Chiefs and Cowboys might be close but I'm inclined to think the Cowboys can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    what

why the Dolphins over the Colts? Chiefs and Cowboys might be close but I'm inclined to think the Cowboys can pull it off.
    At first glance i think that the Colts will regress this year without Arians as coach. That and they really didn't impress me against Oakland last week. The run defense looked really really bad, and i think the Dolphins could exploit that to their advantage. Chiefs are suspected by many to be a breakout team this year and could very well be a sleeper. The cowgirls should be the favorite team, and should probably win, however, they're the cowgirls, meaning anything can happen. 3 other things, Dallas had a short week, their Red zone offense looked stale against the Giants, and Romo's rib injury looks like it could limit his effectiveness for the season. I'm not really that invested into NFL, quite frankly i think college football is much more entertaining but i think i've given enough of a case to support my picks.

Serebii.net Claims:

The cowgirls.
    You know I thought you had a pretty good set of reasons until you said this

Page 174 of 263 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224 ... LastLast