Page 177 of 264 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,425 of 6599

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Yeah I'm not a Cowboys fan, but I do know when it's time to sell the team. That time is now. The Cowboys are getting nowhere fast.

As for how my predicted playoff teams did this week:

AFC:
    New England barely beat the Jets
    Indianapolis lost to Miami
    Denver is beating the Giants
    Baltimore beat the Browns
    Houston squeaked by the Titans in overtime
    Miami beat Indianapolis. The Dolphins are for real, folks.

NFC:
    Green Bay crushed Washington
    Carolina lost to Buffalo
    San Francisco and Seattle play tonight
    Washington lost badly to the Pack, I'm getting really concerned about the Redskins
    Atlanta barely won over Saint Louis
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

That's the game. The Lions lose to the Cardinals 25-21, because the Cardinals are the most underrated team in football. Seriously, if they weren't in the NFC West, they'd contend for most divisions.

But it wasn't because the Lions played poorly. It was because they kept getting bad field position and Akers had a bad game. If not for that, this game very well could have won. So it's not a big deal.

Oh well. Redskins next week, then Bears at home after that. Both are winnable. I'd be fine with being 3-1 to start the season.

EDIT: And the Lion's "fanbase" thinks the season is over because they lost a game in week 2.

Why don't these people just root for the Lions to lose so Jim Schwartz gets fired, if they hate him so much? >.>

Stupid, stupid bunch, Lions "fans."
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 16th September 2013 at 1:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    That's the game. The Lions lose to the Cardinals 25-21, because the Cardinals are the most underrated team in football. Seriously, if they weren't in the NFC West, they'd contend for most divisions.

But it wasn't because the Lions played poorly. It was because they kept getting bad field position and Akers had a bad game. If not for that, this game very well could have won. So it's not a big deal.

Oh well. Redskins next week, then Bears at home after that. Both are winnable. I'd be fine with being 3-1 to start the season.
    The defense was remarkably well till the last 2 minutes... the offense sorta died in the second half. All and all, like you said, it wasn't a bad game for the Lions. They just were a little bit sloppy in the 4th
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    And the Lion's "fanbase" thinks the season is over because they lost a game in week 2.

Why don't these people just root for the Lions to lose so Jim Schwartz gets fired, if they hate him so much? >.>

Stupid, stupid bunch, Lions "fans."
    Many Browns fans (like me) are the same way about their team. That's why the Browns are no longer my primary team.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyy View Post
    Just watched the Eagles game, good offensive performance, terrible defensive one. I was shocked at how many times the Eagles left the receivers open, and at how weak the pass rush was. Luckily the Cowboys and Redskins both lost, and I doubt the Giants will be able to beat Peyton Manning. Even so, the Eagles are getting nowhere with this type of defense.
    Thing is, judging by these past two weeks, Philadelphia might still have a chance at the playoffs, if for no other reason than the Giants and Cowboys are pretty bad and the Redskins aren't playing anywhere near as well as last season. So far, the NFC East is looking pretty weak this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Many Browns fans (like me) are the same way about their team. That's why the Browns are no longer my primary team.
    I know. But I have a bit more faith in the Lions, and when they win a Super Bowl, it will feel so much sweeter. I'll take one Super Bowl win from the Lions over 10 from the Packers any day.

Call me delusional, but I don't care. I think the Lions will win a Super Bowl eventually.

I just wish the fanbase didn't have this "doom and gloom" mentality all the time. I mean, it's not like this is 2008. They're not getting dominated and blown out in all those games. They're losing close games for stupid little reasons like bad field position. They'll be fine.

And I'm assuming the Browns fans think it's all ownership's fault, and selling the team would be the magic bullet that ultimately fixes everything wrong with the team? Yep, that's the Lions, too. Unfortunately, most Lions "fans" are Red Wings and Tigers fans, as well, so they have Mike Illitch to compare the Fords to. If he's not like Illitch and not spending an arm and a leg to get the best coaches and GMs, then he sucks. End of. That's what they think.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 16th September 2013 at 1:58 AM.

The Bucs lost, so that should keep Lugia's Chosen quiet until Saturday.

Now it is time for 49ers-Seahawks. I'm hoping the Seahawks win, I'm starting to hate the 49ers because the Packers can never seem to beat them.
    -----

Yeah I'm not a Cowboys fan, but I do know when it's time to sell the team. That time is now. The Cowboys are getting nowhere fast.

As for how my predicted playoff teams did this week:

AFC:
    New England barely beat the Jets
    Indianapolis lost to Miami
    Denver is beating the Giants
    Baltimore beat the Browns
    Houston squeaked by the Titans in overtime
    Miami beat Indianapolis. The Dolphins are for real, folks.

NFC:
    Green Bay crushed Washington
    Carolina lost to Buffalo
    San Francisco and Seattle play tonight
    Washington lost badly to the Pack, I'm getting really concerned about the Redskins
    Atlanta barely won over Saint Louis
    Sell the team lol. Good luck with that. Jerry will be in charge until he dies and it will pass to his children and so on and so forth.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

The Bucs lost, so that should keep Lugia's Chosen quiet until Saturday.

Now it is time for 49ers-Seahawks. I'm hoping the Seahawks win, I'm starting to hate the 49ers because the Packers can never seem to beat them.
    Sorry internet tough guy, but it won't I know the bucs aren't very good. I don't run and hide when my teams lose.

Seriously, I've got nothing against you, I'm sure you are a good guy. But you have just been incredibly juvenile in your responses today from the "you better watch out or people you will never meet will unfriend you on a message board" (see how silly that sounds when you really look at it) to your illogical SEC hate.

Its not me that needs to take a look at their posting style, its you.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 16th September 2013 at 4:34 AM.

What is this nonsense? The Saints relying on their defense while their offense looks terrible?

The way they were playing, I was sure that they were going to lose, but at 2-0, I can't complain I guess.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    What is this nonsense? The Saints relying on their defense while their offense looks terrible?

The way they were playing, I was sure that they were going to lose, but at 2-0, I can't complain I guess.
    It helps when Josh Freeman is the opposing QB. The man has learned nothing since coming into the league. heck he had the captianship voted off him by his team to start the season. The bucs are a mess.

I'm sure the 49ers are flabbergasted after that one. To the 49ers fans in denial, this one is for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Serebii.net Claims:

Will never happen. Jerry will pass the team down to his son. Besides, I can't think of many people willing to buy out a $2 billion dollar sports franchise outright.
    Jerry is slowly stepping out of the way. Garrett is the first coach at Dallas since Johnson to have some actual control over what players he gets and what his coaching staff will consist of.

EDIT: give Jerry credit where it's due though. He is a brilliant in the marketing department.

21-11 (11-5 week 2) in NFL picks. Blah. Much better at predicting college football. Anyways, here are my Week 3 NFL Predictions:
    Chiefs over Eagles
    Packers over Bengals
    Cowboys over Rams
    Chargers over Titans
    Vikings over Browns
    Patriots over Bucs
    Saints over Cardinals
    Lions over Redskins
    Giants over Panthers
    Texans over Ravens
    Falcons over Dolphins
    Bills over Jets
    49ers over Colts
    Seahawks over Jaguars
    Bears over Steelers
    Broncos over Raiders

Serebii.net Claims:

My god the Steelers have went downhill over the past season or 2.

They lost to Tim Tebow 2 years ago and the guy isn't even in the league anymore lol.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Week 4 Top 25 Picks, expecting a perfect week this time around. Maybe 1 wrong pick in the Stanford/ASU game.
    3 Clemson over NC state
    1 Bama over CSU
    4 Ohio State over FAMU
    5 Stanford over 23 ASU (actually had to wrestle over this one)
    6 LSU over Auburn
    7 Louisville over FIU
    8 FSU over Bethune-cookman
    9 UGA over N. Texas
    10 A&M over SMU
    13 UCLA over NM St.
    15 Michigan over Uconn
    16 Miami over Savannah St.
    17 Washington over Idaho St.
    18 N'western over Maine
    19 Florida over Tennessee
    20 Baylor over ULM
    22 Notre Dame over Michigan State
    24 Wisc over Purdue
    25 TTU over Texas St.

Serebii.net Claims:

Well, Pittsburgh is 0-2. It's been 11 years since the last time it happened. I'm not a Steelers fan, in fact I hate them as a Browns fan. I think the Steelers could very well finish last in their division this year. Big Ben is not nearly the same player that led them to the Super Bowl 3 years ago only to lose to Green Bay.
    -----

Yeah...Browns just traded away Trent Richardson for a 2014 1st round pick. Browns fans will have to enjoy another lackluster season. Browns setting up to get their franchise QB next year.

Serebii.net Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Yeah...Browns just traded away Trent Richardson for a 2014 1st round pick. Browns fans will have to enjoy another lackluster season. Browns setting up to get their franchise QB next year.
    What the hell are they doing

They have picked 3 SOLID QBs already and scrapped all of them.
    You can't expect your QBs to perform well if you can't provide them with a good line and a some what decent running game. Not to mention some actual receivers to throw to.
    I feel sorry for Browns fans. You have some truly **** management

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    What the hell are they doing

They have picked 3 SOLID QBs already and scrapped all of them.
    You can't expect your QBs to perform well if you can't provide them with a good line and a some what decent running game. Not to mention some actual receivers to throw to.
    I feel sorry for Browns fans. You have some truly **** management
    Hopefully they'll be out of Cleveland by the time I'm 30. I mean, it's getting really hard to support them knowing that they haven't won a playoff game since I was in preschool.
    -----

I like all the analysts saying what a great move this is by the Browns.

Sorry but they had a load of picks two years ago after a 'great' move to trade their 1st round pick (Julio Jones) pick to Atlanta.

They followed that by moving up for Richardson (giving picks to the Vikings for one spot as if they were not going to pick Kalil or trade elsewhere...dumb browns....) and getting Weldon both who will be out the door by next season.

They also say he doesnt have the burst of Lynch or Peterson, well maybe not Peterson but Lynch is not that quick and no back runs for big yards or stays health when you have nothing else. He is a solid running back for a 20-32 pick which the colts draft choice will end up being.

Really feel for the browns.

IMO you'll getting Manziel this upcoming draft and I truly hope he is transitions to the pros to become a great.

I see two problems with Manziel

1: His horrible Me-First-Screw-Authority attitude
    2: His small size

I'm leery about him making a good transition to the NFL

The big winner out of this trade has to be Trent Richardson. You get traded by a historically bad franchise with so many problems on both sides of the ball, to a team that is historically pretty good and has less of that. He should be pretty happy. Since 1999 the Browns have gone through 19 Quarterbacks. 19. The average shelf life for a QB is less than a year in their organization. Let that sink in. Bill Polian was pretty spot on when he said that the Browns are the worst managed team in the NFL since their previous owner died. From the top to the bottom they are the worst managed team hands down. Jacksonville if it doesn't make improvements over the next few years though could easily compete for worst managed.

Serebii.net Claims:

The more I think about this, the worse of a trade I think it is. The Browns can make it one of those trades that works out okay, but they have to get a steal in the draft to do it. Other than that... they really, essentially just said "We'll trade you the third overall pick for your 23rd overall pick two years from now". It's just nonsensical.

I get wanting to go young, but... Richardson was young! He was 22 years old, and he had 950 yards and 12 touchdowns on a CRAPPY team with no passing attack whatsoever. He wasn't beating the world, but all things considered, he had a pretty good season. He's a versatile back, too.

The Colts gave away a "meh" draft pick to get a young, possible star running back to pair with their young star quarterback. Unless Richardson suffers a career-ending injury and the Browns draft the next Dan Marino, there's no way the Browns won this trade. It's not even close.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

I was surprised at how well Andy Reid was received in Philly when he first came in to today's game. Never would've thought the Eagles fans would be mildly respectful.

Serebii.net Claims:

Page 177 of 264 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227 ... LastLast