Page 179 of 256 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 6381

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

My god the NFC East is terrible. You know it's terrible when an average Cowboys team is leading the division.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    My god the NFC East is terrible. You know it's terrible when an average Cowboys team is leading the division.
    That and the eagles are right behind them XD

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

For the second straight year the Packers start 1-2.

For the second straight year, Packers hold a double digit lead on the road against a team on I-74...and we lose the game.

They are getting nowhere with McCarthy as coach. They're supposed to be the best team in the NFC North and they can't seem to win on the road. Let me see, this is like their, 4th straight road loss including playoffs?

I think the time is now to fire McCarthy. They need a coach that is capable of winning on the road. Look no further than Jim Tressel, the former Ohio State coach that is currently banned from coaching in the NCAA.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Lions now 1-21 at Washington, and they did it without Reggie. Bell had a great game. Stafford good as usual. Defense and secondary looked shaky at bits, but that was to be expected. Washington is not this bad. They're just going through some struggles right now.

And they did what I wanted them to do. They won a game they weren't supposed to win to make up for losing a game they shouldn't have lost (Arizona).

Next up is Chicago at home. That will be fun. Division games always are.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 22nd September 2013 at 9:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post

For the second straight year, Packers hold a double digit lead on the road against a team on I-74...and we lose the game.

They are getting nowhere with McCarthy as coach. They're supposed to be the best team in the NFC North and they can't seem to win on the road. Let me see, this is like their, 4th straight road loss including playoffs?

I think the time is now to fire McCarthy. They need a coach that is capable of winning on the road. Look no further than Jim Tressel, the former Ohio State coach that is currently banned from coaching in the NCAA.
    I'm really starting to get curious on how deep your stupidity goes. Fire McCarthy. Fire. McCarthy. He won the Packers a Super Bowl and he's 74-38 as the Packers head coach. You've only had 1 season below 8 games. 1. Seriously kid, drugs are really really bad and you need to get some help. I'm willing to pay for your rehab. We get in a car right now, i'll drop you off and we'll get you cleaned up. No questions asked.

Serebii.net Claims:

Why in the hell would you want to fire McCarthy? He's a perfectly fine coach.

Dumbest thing said on this page

I stand corrected, this is now the dumbest thing said on page.

Btw Tressel already has a job as a video reviewer or some ******** with the Colts, interesting fact
    oopsie

I know its only Week 3, but this Saints D looks like its for real. Once the offense starts clicking on all cylinders, look out.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I was on Yahoo! Sports last night, and the ticker showed these scores from prominent NCAA football games.

77-7
    76-0
    54-6
    70-7
    72-0

There's a lot of reasons I don't bother watching college football despite my love of the NFL, and this reminded me of another of them.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I was on Yahoo! Sports last night, and the ticker showed these scores from prominent NCAA football games.

77-7
    76-0
    54-6
    70-7
    72-0

There's a lot of reasons I don't bother watching college football despite my love of the NFL, and this reminded me of another of them.
    Another stupid comment put on this page. You just cherry picked games where top 25 teams beat teams from a whole different division. *slow clap*

Serebii.net Claims:

The Packers narrowly lost to two good teams on the road. They have played one cupcake team. That same cupcake game was at their only home game so far. They still have more cupcakes to play and more home games.

Compare that to the Lions. Happy as I am about them right now, they haven't played anybody good. Believe me, if the Packers had our schedule, they'd be 3-0. They would have never let the Cardinals catch them the way the Lions did, because the Packers don't make have dumb penalties or let their offense sputter because one guy goes down. I like the Lions and all, but I'm not stupid or delusional enough to think they're better than the Packers.

So don't call for the coach's head just yet. It's only Week 3, and the Packers have had a difficult schedule so far. They will be fine and win the NFC North. As long as Aaron Rodgers is their QB, they'll always have a shot at winning the NFC North.

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Another stupid comment put on this page. You just cherry picked games where top 25 teams beat teams from a whole different division. *slow clap*
    Yes, you missed the point entirely. That's the problem. Why are teams playing opponents so far beneath them? Why are they allowed to schedule so many cupcakes each season? Each team REALLY only plays, like, 3 games that matter each year. That's, what, 75% of their schedule that is negligible gimme nonsense? What's the point?

Yes, you missed the point entirely. That's the problem. Why are teams playing opponents so far beneath them? Why are they allowed to schedule so many cupcakes each season? Each team REALLY only plays, like, 3 games that matter each year. That's, what, 75% of their schedule that is negligible gimme nonsense? What's the point?
    You do realize that those schools get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play in games each year. Since their fanbases and athletic programs aren't as big they rely on those games to improve their teams and their athletic programs as a whole. P.S. Only 3 games per year matter? Every game matters and no matter the opponent, if you don't come prepared you can expect to get beaten as many big name teams have in the past by these teams that you denote as cupcakes. (Michigan, Virginia Tech, Ole Miss to name a few contemporary examples) Try being a little less subjective next time you write.

Serebii.net Claims:

You know that it's a sad day in the NFC East when the Dallas Cowboys might be the best team in it.

77-7
    76-0
    54-6
    70-7
    72-0

Those teams that lose those games get paid a **** load to get blown out by 60+

Whoever just played Ohio State yesterday got paid like $900k+ for that game.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I knew I wasn't crazy when I predicted the Dolphins would be in the playoffs.

They won a hard-fought Deep South Heritage Classic over the Falcons and are now 3-0. Of course, I gave this series that name because as both teams began play in 1966, they are the oldest NFL teams in the Deep South.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Those teams that lose those games get paid a **** load to get blown out by 60+

Whoever just played Ohio State yesterday got paid like $900k+ for that game.
    And that's great for those schools; it is. But it doesn't make for a worthwhile or entertaining sport. And that's one of the reasons I don't bother watching. What's the point? I'm not saying it isn't good for the small schools or that it's not helping them out, but it isn't exactly must-see TV.

I'm reminded of the week after Alabama beat Johnny Manziel this year and ESPN was talking about how Alabama only has one losable game left, against LSU. I mean... it isn't an entertaining sport when almost every game you have on your schedule is pre-determined.

Seattle is possibly the best team in the NFL this year and Jacksonville is maybe the worst. And while the Seahawks blew the Jags out today, it surely wasn't by 60 points. And if they played that game 10 times, Jacksonville would win once or twice. They could play University of Miami against Poop Mountain State or whatever 200 times, and Miami is winning at least 199 of those.

In regards to Alabama ESPN is forgetting that it hasn't been since 2009 that the preseason #1 actually got to play in a BCS game (Florida, where they crushed Cincinnati in the Sugar Bowl) and I'm expecting the streak to continue this year. Alabama definitely has more than 1 losable game left, and I'm sure they'll get one or two losses by the time LSU comes to Tuscaloosa. They play Ole Miss next week, don't underestimate the Rebels.
    -----

Nice win by the Jets. Historically bad with the penalties, but somehow still able to pull this one off. I'm starting to like Geno more and more.

This could finally be the week that i go negative on NFL picks. Hoping the Bears and Broncos help me break even. At least Breaking Bad is on tonight as a positive. That and that the Saints won today. Defense keeps looking better and better every game. Now if only we get some improvement in the O-line.

Serebii.net Claims:

For my sake, I hope Pittsburgh is just that bad, and the Bears aren't that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    For my sake, I hope Pittsburgh is just that bad, and the Bears aren't that good.
    I think it's a little bit of both.

Serebii.net Claims:

A lot of people are surprised by the Giants' 0-3 start. I'm not.

I expected something like this to happen, but why you ask? Simple, four words: Super Bowl Host Syndrome.

Generally, when a stadium is hosting a Super Bowl in a given year, the NFL team(s) that call(s) the stadium home tend to underperform. For 12 straight years now we've seen this happen, the Super Bowl host team failing to make the playoffs. A few of these teams were actually in contention for a playoff spot entering the final week of the season. That hasn't happened, however since 2008. Coincidentally, that team, the Buccaneers, is the last Super Bowl host to make the playoffs in a year their stadium hosted the Super Bowl, in 2000. They lost in the first round.

In the case of the Saints, they have never made the playoffs in a year their stadium hosted the Super Bowl - and New Orleans has hosted 9 Super Bowls. Last year I predicted this curse would be broken, having picked the Saints to be the second seed in the NFC. Coach suspensions from the bounty scandal took a toll on them in the end.

While the Jets are 2-1 now, I fully expect them to be brought back to earth soon.
    -----

The Jets being brought back to earth won't be because of any silly curse. It will be because their schedule will get much tougher in the upcoming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    I think it's a little bit of both.
    Probably.

Pretty sure the Lions are better than the Steelers. I think they'll put up a better fight against the Bears next week.

Doesn't stop me from being a little nervous, though.

A lot of people are surprised by the Giants' 0-3 start. I'm not.

I expected something like this to happen, but why you ask? Simple, four words: Super Bowl Host Syndrome.

Generally, when a stadium is hosting a Super Bowl in a given year, the NFL team(s) that call(s) the stadium home tend to underperform. For 12 straight years now we've seen this happen, the Super Bowl host team failing to make the playoffs. A few of these teams were actually in contention for a playoff spot entering the final week of the season. That hasn't happened, however since 2008. Coincidentally, that team, the Buccaneers, is the last Super Bowl host to make the playoffs in a year their stadium hosted the Super Bowl, in 2000. They lost in the first round.

In the case of the Saints, they have never made the playoffs in a year their stadium hosted the Super Bowl - and New Orleans has hosted 9 Super Bowls. Last year I predicted this curse would be broken, having picked the Saints to be the second seed in the NFC. Coach suspensions from the bounty scandal took a toll on them in the end.

While the Jets are 2-1 now, I fully expect them to be brought back to earth soon.
    Seriously kid, curses? The idea that curses shape the outcome of a team's success is idiotic. That's like saying there is a curse on the Kennedy family or that the moon landing was fake.
    Last edited by KantoPkmnMaster; 23rd September 2013 at 3:37 AM.

Serebii.net Claims:

Page 179 of 256 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast