Page 180 of 256 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 6381

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Seriously kid, curses? The idea that curses shape the outcome of a team's success is idiotic. That's like saying there is a curse on the Kennedy family or that the moon landing was fake.
    take a look at the jealousy and sour grapes in the kid's signature and you see all you need to know about the poster. I wouldn't take him seriously.

whatever, at least the whiny sig was good for a nice laugh SEC jealousy runs deep all across the country. If you guys want to stop hearing about us every year, how about a non SEC team man up and take the title from them. So far in 7 years the only team that was even competitive in a championship against an SEC team was Oregon.

PS: the sig is false. We'll still talk about our teams win or lose. We don't run and hide. We love our football down here more than any other conference in the country.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 23rd September 2013 at 4:23 AM.

PS: the sig is false. We'll still talk about our teams win or lose. We don't run and hide. We love our football down here more than any other conference in the country.
    This is pure hyperbole, and you have no way of proving this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    take a look at the jealousy and sour grapes in the kid's signature and you see all you need to know about the poster. I wouldn't take him seriously.

whatever, at least the whiny sig was good for a nice laugh SEC jealousy runs deep all across the country. If you guys want to stop hearing about us every year, how about a non SEC team man up and take the title from them. So far in 7 years the only team that was even competitive in a championship against an SEC team was Oregon.

I can't say anything regarding you know who. He has "feelings" and got me an infraction.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Weird week 3 eh..... San Fran losing, Atlanta losing... but overall Happy as i got to see Bears showcase to the end the night.

Remember the days.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alfon View Post
    Weird week 3 eh..... San Fran losing, Atlanta losing... but overall Happy as i got to see Bears showcase to the end the night.
    I'm really surprised at how well the new coach has made Chicago. I don't think it will last because Chicago always seems to underperform in the latter half of the season (mainly due to injuries / jay cutler) but Chicago seems much more upbeat since they axed Lovie. Although i will say that Lovie is a great coach, but i wouldn't hire him as a head coach. He's like Rex Ryan in that i think his talents are better suited for a coordinator position.

Serebii.net Claims:

I'm really surprised at how well the new coach has made Chicago. I don't think it will last because Chicago always seems to underperform in the latter half of the season (mainly due to injuries / jay cutler) but Chicago seems much more upbeat since they axed Lovie. Although i will say that Lovie is a great coach, but i wouldn't hire him as a head coach. He's like Rex Ryan in that i think his talents are better suited for a coordinator position.
    Bears was an above average team last year. They have playmakers on offense(Marshall,Forte and Jeffrey) but no o-line. Defense is always there. This year we add an improved O-Line along with Martellus Bennett and a coach in Trestman who's knowledge is in offense. And Mel Tucker as DC, to replace the what they lost in Lovie. Overall we've struggled because Forte hasn't really been there at the end(banged up mostly for the last couple years) so I think this isw the next 2-3 years where Cutler can really show if he can get it done. All we need now is a Qb who will perform and carry the team in the playoffs much like Flacco had to do last year to win it all. My only worry as a Bears fan is really Cutler getting it done at the end.

Remember the days.....

Bears was an above average team last year. They have playmakers on offense(Marshall,Forte and Jeffrey) but no o-line. Defense is always there. This year we add an improved O-Line along with Martellus Bennett and a coach in Trestman who's knowledge is in offense. And Mel Tucker as DC, to replace the what they lost in Lovie. Overall we've struggled because Forte hasn't really been there at the end(banged up mostly for the last couple years) so I think this isw the next 2-3 years where Cutler can really show if he can get it done. All we need now is a Qb who will perform and carry the team in the playoffs much like Flacco had to do last year to win it all. My only worry as a Bears fan is really Cutler getting it done at the end.
    I can see them as a wildcard team but that's about it. When i look at the Bears, all i see is ailing, old players who don't have that much left in them. Plus i have no confidence in Cutler. He's not an elite QB and he just chokes when it comes to big games.

Serebii.net Claims:

I can see them as a wildcard team but that's about it. When i look at the Bears, all i see is ailing, old players who don't have that much left in them. Plus i have no confidence in Cutler. He's not an elite QB and he just chokes when it comes to big games.
    That's pretty much it. The QB has been holding the Bears from winning the last decade. Our defense is been cosistent as the steelers for the last 6 years and special teams(Devin Hester as returner) can't get better than that. We made it to the superbowl with Rex Grossman as QB.... just shows how QB quality we've had. Anyways I can't wait till Bears move on from Cutler but for now thats who we got and we gotta ride him till the situation comes for a change.

Remember the days.....

That's pretty much it. The QB has been holding the Bears from winning the last decade. Our defense is been cosistent as the steelers for the last 6 years and special teams(Devin Hester as returner) can't get better than that. We made it to the superbowl with Rex Grossman as QB.... just shows how QB quality we've had. Anyways I can't wait till Bears move on from Cutler but for now thats who we got and we gotta ride him till the situation comes for a change.
    Jay Cutler doesn't like this conversation, but he'll keep on smokin' anyway. http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/14...utler-cat.jpeg

Serebii.net Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    This is pure hyperbole, and you have no way of proving this.
    In our minds it isn't Which of course is probably the same for any other fan in college football. The first part was 100% true though. We don't only talk about our team when we are winning. Football is our second life down here in SEC land

My point was that poster has proven that the farthest his logic extends when it comes to SEC football is blind hate and jealousy of a conference that has dominated college football for 7 years.

The guy throws ludicrous, completely illogical posts out there (calling Bama's back to back titles lucky is an example) then gets mad when people call him out on them. I think the best thing to do is completely ignore any talk from him on college football.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 23rd September 2013 at 7:10 AM.

The Bears are 3-0, so that's pretty awesome. The defensive line hasn't gotten nearly enough pressure, and that could end up being a problem against some of the better offensive teams, we can't be blitzing constantly against the Lions next week. Detroit should be tough to beat, could be another close game. In other news, Green Bay lost. Yay.

I really wish other teams would step up and take down Alabama on the big stage. I'm so sick and tired of SEC dominance, but until a non-SEC school steps up and wins the big one, the SEC rules College Football. I know if I spoke my mind on how I really feel about the SEC on here, I would get called a hater, idiot, jealous fan ect, but i'll refrain from talking bad about the SEC I don't wanna make anyone mad. I'm sure if I made a post bashing any Big 10 team all the SEC posters in this thread would enjoy that though. If you make a negative post about the SEC as a conference, or make a negative post about a SEC team, you better watch out lol.....

As for the NFL the Lions actually won...Bell really played a great game yesterday I was so impressed with him!
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 23rd September 2013 at 4:18 PM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Not surprised at all they won, though I thought that game could go either way. But I'll be happy when the Lions beat a good team, like the Bears next week. After all, they haven't played anybody good yet.

Don't care much for the SEC, personally, but I'm not going to sit here and complain about it. Nor am I going to bow down to its "inherent superiority."

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    I really wish other teams would step up and take down Alabama on the big stage. I'm so sick and tired of SEC dominance, but until a non-SEC school steps up and wins the big one, the SEC rules College Football. I know if I spoke my mind on how I really feel about the SEC on here, I would get called a hater, idiot, jealous fan ect, but i'll refrain from talking bad about the SEC I don't wanna make anyone mad. I'm sure if I made a post bashing any Big 10 team all the SEC posters in this thread would enjoy that though. If you make a negative post about the SEC as a conference, or make a negative post about a SEC team, you better watch out lol.....

As for the NFL the Lions actually won...Bell really played a great game yesterday I was so impressed with him!
    Hey I'm all for debate. I don't get mad when someone posts something negative about the SEC....as long as it is logical. Calling Alabama "lucky" and even rooting for Colorado State against them as if they had a chance is not logical :P

In our minds it isn't Which of course is probably the same for any other fan in college football. The first part was 100% true though. We don't only talk about our team when we are winning. Football is our second life down here in SEC land

My point was that poster has proven that the farthest his logic extends when it comes to SEC football is blind hate and jealousy of a conference that has dominated college football for 7 years.

The guy throws ludicrous, completely illogical posts out there (calling Bama's back to back titles lucky is an example) then gets mad when people call him out on them. I think the best thing to do is completely ignore any talk from him on college football.
    do you realize that the SEC has only had football "dominance" for only like 6-7 years?

The majority of the SEC has blown balls since the creation of football.

The only reason why the SEC is "dominant" is because the computers favor them in literally every game. Wanna know why? Because the SEC is over hyped. Probably the most over hyped division in football. They barely play any outer-conference games. Except against DII and smaller DI Universities that have weak underfunded programs. Play some games against actual opponents besides conference foes and weak give-me games. I assure you come this new play-off format (which WILL expand to more than just 4 teams) the "dominance" the SEC has will corrode quickly.
    You need to do some research before posting because you are the most arrogant and narrow-minded poster in this thread right now.
    oopsie

Not surprised at all they won, though I thought that game could go either way. But I'll be happy when the Lions beat a good team, like the Bears next week. After all, they haven't played anybody good yet.

Don't care much for the SEC, personally, but I'm not going to sit here and complain about it. Nor am I going to bow down to its "inherent superiority."
    I get surprised by any Lions win nowadays

Honestly, I don't know if the Steelers are just that bad this season or the Bears are that good only time will tell. The Bears game will be a big game for the Lions, and since it's a divisional game that plays a big factor in the games significance.

Same here I don't care much about the SEC myself, but I realize the SEC has been the most dominant conference for years now. However I won't bow down to it's "inherent superiority" but i'll give those teams in the SEC that have been winning national titles credit where it's due.

Hey I'm all for debate. I don't get mad when someone posts something negative about the SEC....as long as it is logical. Calling Alabama "lucky" and even rooting for Colorado State against them as if they had a chance is not logical :P
    I'll give you that. Least when you call out a Big 10 team or a poster you use logic. Some fans just make "ignorant" posts and use no logic whatsoever when they debate.

As for posters calling Alabama lucky.....I don't see how Alabama's success is all based on luck. Alabama has a great coaching staff, they recruit elite High School prospects year in and year out. I also saw nothing lucky about Alabama's National Title wins the last few seasons. However, I had to laugh at Notre Dame last season. So many Notre Dame fans where giving us Michigan fans crap because Alabama crushed Michigan in the opener. Well look what happened to Notre Dame in that National Title game.

Honestly, if Ohio State ends up playing Alabama in the National Title game Alabama will expose them just like Florida did. Ohio State getting blown out would hurt the Big 10, but I don't like that team and never have. I also remember a lot of their fans bashed Michigan after Michigan lost to Alabama. I honestly don't even know how you can talk crap about a team that lost to a SEC team if your a Ohio State fan. Ohio State has a losing record vs the SEC, at least Michigan actually has a winning record vs the SEC. Most of those wins may of been against Vanderbilt, but Michigan has beat some pretty good SEC teams in the past.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    do you realize that the SEC has only had football "dominance" for only like 6-7 years?

The only reason why the SEC is "dominant" is because the computers favor them in literally every game. Wanna know why? Because the SEC is over hyped. Probably the most over hyped division in football. They barely play any outer-conference games. Except against DII and smaller DI Universities that have weak underfunded programs. Play some games against actual opponents besides conference foes and weak give-me games. I assure you come this new play-off format (which WILL expand to more than just 4 teams) the "dominance" the SEC has will corrode quickly.
    You need to do some research before posting because you are the most arrogant and narrow-minded poster in this thread right now.
    The SEC is the most overhyped conference? Seriously? I'm guessing you glossed over the Big 10 for the past what, decade? Point 1: SEC hasn't sucked since college football started. This is a completely erroneous statement. SEC football became dominant in the late 40's to the late 50's where they competed with the Big 10 for supremacy. LSU v. Ole Miss was one of the most important games at the time outside of LSU v. Tulane in the south and (which was a pretty good rivalry back then). It was basically the OSU-Michigan/Michigan-ND game of the south. You also forgot Alabama during the Bear Bryant years where they were practically unstoppable, the Herschel Walker years of Georgia, Tennessee in the 90's.
    Last edited by KantoPkmnMaster; 23rd September 2013 at 5:57 PM.

Serebii.net Claims:

The Steelers are 0-3. As a Cleveland fan I couldn't be more excited. I think they are pretty much not going to be in the playoffs this year.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post

you hope. If they are so overhyped, then what does that say about the teams getting curb stomped in the championship by an SEC team.

One point that is just so hilariously wrong I have to debunk.....everyone plays cupcakes. OSU hasn't played a real team yet, nor has FSU. At least most SEC teams have a tough conference schedule to back it up, and many have an OOC rival they play every year: Florida/Florida State, South Carolina/Clemson, Georgia/Georgia Tech, to name a few

So so, its not me that needs to do the research irrational SEC hate is fun to watch.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 23rd September 2013 at 9:48 PM.

Problem is, it's entirely possible the SEC cannot be dethroned.

There are reasons the SEC is dominant. Superior coaches. Superior recruiting techniques. Warm climate that allows for practicing year-round (you can't get that here in Michigan, for example, because we actually have seasons up here). I've even seen an argument that suggests a superior gene pool in the South for various reasons (slavery in the past, etc.). Doesn't help that most players in the South want to stay in the South.

There is no way you can beat that. And that's why people don't like the SEC. It's not jealousy. It's that they can't be beaten, because the reason is just flat-out better for football, and there's nothing anybody can do about it.

Not to mention the south is an absolute recruiting hotbed. Just in my area alone there are 3 MAJOR schools within 30 minutes of each other that major colleges recruit: Lakeland High School (Amhad Black at Florida, the Pouncey twins, both in the NFL now, Chris Rainey who I think is with the Steelers), Lake Gibson, and Kathleen High (Ray Lewis' old school)

This I think is the big reason. The talent in the south is simply better.

I know the Raiders suck. That is unquestionable. The bigger question after watching this game is how did Matt Flynn lose out to Pryor....this guy is terrible.

Serebii.net Claims:

But it's the reason the talent is better and the fact that there's nothing people can do about it is what's got people hot and bothered. People don't like being powerless, after all. The South, it seems, is just naturally better suited to produce great football talent, and you can't fight Mother Nature. That, and as I said before, most players in the South want to stay in the South.

I read up on this earlier, and I remember reading somewhere that another factor is the fact that the South is more rural, and rural areas are better suited for football and tend to have more of the small towns with high school football being the center of everything. When football is so important, of course there will be more intense training. Whereas the North is more urban, so people tend to like a variety of sports, which means less emphasis on football than in the South and less intense training. Living in the Metro Detroit area (definitely a very urban area), I can see some truth to this. Football is popular here, but it isn't everything.

But it's the reason the talent is better and the fact that there's nothing people can do about it is what's got people hot and bothered. People don't like being powerless, after all. The South, it seems, is just naturally better suited to produce great football talent, and you can't fight Mother Nature. That, and as I said before, most players in the South want to stay in the South.

I read up on this earlier, and I remember reading somewhere that another factor is the fact that the South is more rural, and rural areas are better suited for football and tend to have more of the small towns with high school football being the center of everything. When football is so important, of course there will be more intense training. Whereas the North is more urban, so people tend to like a variety of sports, which means less emphasis on football than in the South and less intense training. Living in the Metro Detroit area (definitely a very urban area), I can see some truth to this. Football is popular here, but it isn't everything.
    High school football in Florida is beyond huge, its our lives every friday night.

See? And it's not so much here. I mean, people go to high school football games and all, but it's not a huge draw. There is a lot more to do on a Friday night in the Metro Detroit area than go to a high school football game, despite Detroit going through rough times.

But we're drifting a little off-topic here, and I apologize for that. But I'm not watching the MNF game, because it's more or less going how I expected it to (and because Tigers, but again, different topic altogether). The Broncos are arguably the best team in football, and the Raiders are one of the worst. Doesn't take a genius to figure out who wins that.

On another random note, I know it's early, and I know I'm only asking this because I'm a Lions fan who wants to see this happen to someone else, but does anyone think the Jags or any of the 0-3 teams have a legitimate chance of going 0-16?

Page 180 of 256 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast