Page 186 of 248 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 6194

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    Current line for the broncos/jags game is -28.5 in favor of denver, because giving up 48 pts to romo clearly means that a team has a good defence.
    Well, as GrizzlyB already noted, they're putting video game numbers up on offense... and on top of that the Jags are struggling on a weekly basis to score even 14 points.

I was actually expecting closer to -31.5 for an opening line.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

So on another website I frequent, we do a week-by-week Top Ten Teams list. Here was my list last week:

It's too hard to pick a #1 for me between Seattle, New Orleans, and Denver. Going by their defenses, it's Seattle first, Saints second, Broncos third. By offense, it's Denver first, Saints second, Seattle third. New Orleans has the best balance of the three, but Seattle and Denver are the best in the league at defense and offense respectively. Of the top 3, I think it's a legitimate toss-up. I think any of them could beat any other at a neutral site about 50% of the time.

From there, if I had to roud-out a top ten:

4) Patriots. They haven't been super impressive, but they're the Patriots, so we all know they'll be in the hunt all year. Plus, they're 4-0, so who cares if they've looked great getting there?

5) The Colts. I think the Colts are a lot better than others seem to think they are. They're doing everything well.

Boy, I'll be honest. After the Top 5, I think there's a HUGE drop-off. I was looking at the teams with the best records and net points, and... man. I just don't think the teams that *should* be in the top 10 right now will be there at the end of the year. I have no faith that the Chiefs, Lions, Bears, Titans, or Dolphins are as good as their records. I can KIND of see the Lions and Bears hanging around all year, but does anyone see either of them as a legit NFC title threat? I don't think Tennessee, Miami, or KC will be in the playoffs.

6) San Francisco. Yeah, they're 2-2, but they throttled the Rams and beat the Packers. Their two losses are two teams in Top 5, so I won't hold that too much against them, even though they were bad losses.

7) Detroit. I REALLY want to put Chicago here because I think they are better, but Detroit beat them head-up pretty handily, so the Lions earned it. Neither of their schedules have been that impressive.

8 ) Miami. They beat the Colts, Falcons, and Browns, so they haven't even had a true cupcake yet (though the Browns were going to suck before the Richardson trade woke them up, and really... they'll still probably finish with fewer than 7 wins), so I won't hold getting throttled by one of the Big Three against them.

9) Tennessee. Eh, just to make Prop happy. I'm thoroughly convinced the Packers are a better team, and I want to put them here, but that loss to Cincy (getting 4+ turnovers on defense and STILL losing?) is so bad. Tennessee has a 3-1 record, and are +29 in points. No great prizes for beating the Steelers or Jets, but the Chargers might be better than their .500 record. And they could have beaten Houston. So since they're just an OT away from 4-0, I'll include them.

10) Kansas City. They're 4-0, so I can't keep them OFF the list, but... they won't be top 10 by the end of the year. They've beaten 3 NFC East teams and Jacksonville. Big deal.
    And here is my week 5 list:

1. New Orleans. After my indecision last week, the Saints are the CLEAR #1 to me now.
    2. Colts. Beat the 49ers and Seahawks? Yeah, I'll put a 4-1 team over Denver, especially after...
    3. Denver gave up FOURTY-EIGHT POINTS to an NFC EAST TEAM.
    4. Seattle. Close game with some bad calls that was the second of two eastern travel, 1:00 start times. It's cool.
    5. Kansas City. All right, I guess you earned this.
    6. San Francisco. They're clearly back.
    7. Green Bay. Same here. They dominated the previously-first-place Lions
    8. Cincy. They beat the Patriots and Packers, but lost to the Browns. Who knows?
    9. New England. They need an offense.
    10. Tennessee. ****, why not? With Locker, they could well have beaten the Chiefs. And none of the other 3-2 teams are knocking me out.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Eli has thrown 2 interceptions already. I heard the Giants offense was bad, but wow. Brandon Jacobs with 50 yards rushing on 7 carries, the Bears' defense is making me laugh so hard right now. I'm pretty sure every first down play on this drive has been play action, I can't believe it's working. The Bears' defense is so bad lmao, it's comical. I don't know if it's the Giants making us look good, or if the Bears offense is really this spectacular.
    Last edited by HoboJak; 11th October 2013 at 2:28 AM.

Defense showed up today, but no the Offense. Congrats tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    Defense showed up today, but no the Offense. Congrats tigers.
    When the multitude of a fanbase wears jorts you probably deserve to lose. I had picked LSU to win by 10 in a low scoring game, and i'm pretty close so far. P.S. that legendary run defense that was touted about didn't show up. Hill was running over the defense all day.
    Last edited by KantoPkmnMaster; 12th October 2013 at 11:43 PM.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Yet they still only scored 17 points at home. The defense did its job.

PS: not cool with the shot at the fanbase. Guess you can't win with class. You really want to get into the trash talk I can find plenty of nasty looking LSU fans for you.

Yet they still only scored 17 points at home. The defense did its job.

PS: not cool with the shot at the fanbase. Guess you can't win with class. You really want to get into the trash talk I can find plenty of nasty looking LSU fans for you.
    It's not a shot at the fanbase, it's pretty much a known fact that Florida fans love their jean shorts. I would've called them trailer park trash but i didn't. Btw, nice shot of a couple of your players flipping off the crowd as they left the stadium. Would say better luck next year, but i hate Florida and their fans. Worst fanbase in the SEC by miles.

Serebii.net Claims:

If not them, Bama.

Serebii.net Claims:

Sigh. I'm out. Like I said. Can't win with class.

Congrats to the Tigers, you guys outplayed us. Your GOOD fans deserve this win, the ones such as the guy here don't. really low things to say considering you know they are going to upset someone here. Everyone has crap fans mixed with the good ones. Judging by how you act in a win, I am willing to be the excuses would have been flowing if UF had beat you
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 13th October 2013 at 12:03 AM.

Truth hurts.

Serebii.net Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Truth hurts.
    Kind of ironic that you are talking about how bad another team's fans are when you are being a pretty classless one yourself. UF has plenty of great fans, just like ever other fanbase. Did you see me come in here making excuses or throwing insults? Nope. and that is in a loss.

You however can't even win with class. That makes me wonder just how bad you get in a loss. Enjoy the win and move on. Don't be a jerk. I guarantee you I would not be doing what you are had UF won.

anyways, congrats to the -classy- LSU fans on the win. They may have the best team in the nation if they get their D completely ironed out. I'm proud of my gators for hanging with them in tiger stadium. Regroup and get Mizzou guys!
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 13th October 2013 at 12:13 AM.

The Texas Longhorns might have just saved Mack Brown's job. They won't win their conference, but they could still place high up in it due to the weakness of the conference since Ok state's fall.

Serebii.net Claims:

I think Brown is still toast.

I think Brown is still toast.
    mmmm brown toast

Serebii.net Claims:

Of all the things in NCAA i think the biggest questions were why NW and Michigan were even in the Top 25. Vastly overrated.

Serebii.net Claims:

Of all the things in NCAA i think the biggest questions were why NW and Michigan were even in the Top 25. Vastly overrated.
    I think its yet another knock on OSU. What a PANSY schedule. The SEC can get away with not scheduling great competition in OOC because of their conference schedule, But OSU has no excuse for playing the sisters of the poor 3 times in addition to an incredibly weak conference

Michigan's luck finally runs out btw
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 13th October 2013 at 2:15 AM.

I'm surprised you guy's aren't ripping on Michigan hard since they lost. Michigan isn't a bad team, it's all the dang turnovers, and crappy offensive playcalling that hinder this team. I knew Michigan would lose a road game eventually, but I didn't think this would be the road game they would lose.

Michigan deserved to lose. Penn State wanted it more. The whole entire Penn State team played hard. Michigan screwed themselves with turnovers, and stupid mistakes. Al Borges called a terrible game, but i'm not surprised. Al Borges isn't a very good offensive coordinator. Many will say he did pretty good in his debut in 2011 as Michigans offensive coordinator, but a lot of the wins that season had to do with Denard Robinson working magic, and the Michigan defense playing good. Al Borges will never get fired though, for some reason Hoke, and all the higher ups see something in Al Borges that us fans don't see I guess. I don't hate Al but he's not a very good offensive coordinator.

Michigan had so many chances to put Penn State away but failed. The kicking game was horrendous tonight. Hopefully this loss wakes this team up. Hopefully Al Borges gets his head out of his you know where, and Devin Gardner stops turning the ball over. If Michigan turns the ball over, and Al Borges calls yet again another crappy game, Indiana will keep it close with Michigan next Saturday.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 13th October 2013 at 5:27 AM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    I'm surprised you guy's aren't ripping on Michigan hard since they lost. Michigan isn't a bad team, it's all the dang turnovers, and crappy offensive playcalling that hinder this team. I knew Michigan would lose a road game eventually, but I didn't think this would be the road game they would lose.

Michigan deserved to lose. Penn State wanted it more. The whole entire Penn State team played hard. Michigan screwed themselves with turnovers, and stupid mistakes. Al Borges called a terrible game, but i'm not surprised. Al Borges isn't a very good offensive coordinator. Many will say he did pretty good in his debut in 2011 as Michigans offensive coordinator, but a lot of the wins that season had to do with Denard Robinson working magic, and the Michigan defense playing good. Al Borges will never get fired though, for some reason Hoke, and all the higher ups see something in Al Borges that us fans don't see I guess. I don't hate Al but he's not a very good offensive coordinator.

Michigan had so many chances to put Penn State away but failed. The kicking game was horrendous tonight. Hopefully this loss wakes this team up. Hopefully Al Borges gets his head out of his you know where, and Devin Gardner stops turning the ball over. If Michigan turns the ball over, and Al Borges calls yet again another crappy game, Indiana will keep it close with Michigan next Saturday.
    Michigan did deserve to lose, reason i didn't rip on them was because i really didn't care. I will say it surprised me that Penn State was the team to beat them. Hopefully someone beats Ohio State soon so they'll get knocked down to earth.

Serebii.net Claims:

OK so the Colts definitely have their division wrapped up. MAYBE the Titans can challenge them for it, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 14th October 2013 at 3:14 AM.
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

Michigan did deserve to lose, reason i didn't rip on them was because i really didn't care. I will say it surprised me that Penn State was the team to beat them. Hopefully someone beats Ohio State soon so they'll get knocked down to earth.
    I knew Michigan would lose a road game eventually, but I didn't think they would lose against Penn State. Penn State played better, and flat out wanted it more they deserved the win. Since i'm a Michigan fan I always enjoy seeing Ohio State lose, just like their fans enjoy seeing Michigan lose.

I would love for Michigan to beat Ohio State this season, but with the way Michigan has been playing lately I can't see Michigan winning and it really pains me to say that. If Michigan wants to have a chance at beating Ohio State or any other remaining team on the schedule Michigan has to stop the stupid turnovers.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Week 6 Top Ten Teams:

1. Denver. The only (relevant) unbeaten team, though struggles against Dallas and Jacksonville do not overwhelm me. But it does show resiliency.
    2. Seattle. Back in the top 2.
    3. New England. I WANT to put the Saints here, but they just lost to the Pats, so realistically... how can I?
    4. New Orleans. No shame in losing to the Pats when they come out angry after a loss and are at home.
    5. Kansas City. I still don't buy these guys--they beat the Raiders, ho hum--but it's a given they'll be in the playoffs at this point.
    6. San Francisco. Still winning.
    7. Indianapolis. I still think they're a great team, and a loss to the Chargers can't mean too much because the Chargers are impossible to figure out.
    8. Green Bay. Won an out-of-character slugfest. They needed to show they can do that.
    9. Cincinnati. Looks like they're putting it together, but still... struggling with the Bills. Eh.
    10. Detroit. Their win against the Browns was more impressive than the Bears' win against the Giants.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

I'm not surprised Louisville lost tonight. They are overrated and playing in a s***ty conference.
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I'm not surprised Louisville lost tonight. They are overrated and playing in a s***ty conference.
    Eh, I don't think they are overrated. I certainly don't think Teddy Bridgewater is overrated. He's one of the most pro ready QB's I've seen in years.

Quote Originally Posted by henryJSB View Post
    Eh, I don't think they are overrated. I certainly don't think Teddy Bridgewater is overrated. He's one of the most pro ready QB's I've seen in years.
    Teddy Bridgewater isn't overrated. Louisville as a whole is definitely overrated. They were predicted at the start of the season to beat every team in their conference by 30+ points. They were also predicted to be the best Louisville team in Louisville history, and it turns out they might not even win their crappy conference. They are without a doubt overrated.

Serebii.net Claims:

South Carolina falling to Tennessee, Florida getting hammered by Mizzou. Not a good week for the SEC East. At least Florida won't be at the SEC championship this year to everyone but Florida's relief. Never thought Mizzou would be the frontrunner in the east though.

Serebii.net Claims:

Page 186 of 248 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast