Page 191 of 264 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 6599

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

  1. #4751
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Also, there are people saying that Michigan's defense is 2010 bad. It's not, and anyone who thinks that is an idiot. So are the people saying to just play Morris and Smith the rest of the year.

    I never suggested Hoke should be fired, and anyone who thinks that right now is also an idiot. I am, however, 100% on the "Fire Al Borges" bandwagon. He's just a terrible OC overall. Couldn't do anything with Denard, and he can't do anything with Devin Gardner.
    And yes, Funk (O-line coach) needs to go, too. I mean, it's only a matter of time before the "They're young" excuse doesn't fly anymore. Other teams have young O-lines, and they're doing just fine. If it ain't the players, it's the coaches.

    I apologize for losing my temper there, btw. You all know how it is, knees tend to jerk and all that. I never thought Michigan was an elite team, but I did think they would at least go 10-2 or 9-3 or so and wind up in a respectable bowl game, maybe even contend for the Rose Bowl. Now, it looks like 8-4, 7-5, or even 6-6 and some crappy bowl game that nobody cares about (like the Little Caesars one or the one MSU was in last year) is more likely. And for a program like Michigan, which is full of elite albeit young talent, that's just embarrassing and an enormous waste of said talent.

  2. #4752
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Never say that. Teams on losing streaks should be feared. After all, losing streaks don't last forever, and no team wants to be the team that breaks a losing team out of their streak.

    Not saying it's likely the Seahawks will lose to Tampa on their home turf, but just saying what I think. Nothing is an "easy win." We Lions fans thought the Cardinals would be an easy win, both this year and last.
    Well, I guess I should have taken your advice, because I almost ate my words today. Granted, the Seahawks still beat the Buccaneers, but it was only because they kicked that good field goal during overtime for a final score of Seahawks: 27, Buccaneers: 24.

    Now, I'm kind of worried, because next Sunday, my Seattle Seahawks face the Atlanta Falcons on their home turf, and the last time we faced the Falcons on their home turf, well, we lost the playoff last year because of it. Even if the Falcons are 2-5 this season. However, my Seahawks are now 8-1, and they made the Buccaneers 0-8.

  3. #4753
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    631

    Default

    I'm loving Marty Mornhinweg a little more each week. He has been the best signing of the offseason for the Jets. It's nice to finally have an OC who knows what he's doing. (even though I thought Schotty wasn't too bad)

  4. #4754
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Also, there are people saying that Michigan's defense is 2010 bad. It's not, and anyone who thinks that is an idiot. So are the people saying to just play Morris and Smith the rest of the year.

    I never suggested Hoke should be fired, and anyone who thinks that right now is also an idiot. I am, however, 100% on the "Fire Al Borges" bandwagon. He's just a terrible OC overall. Couldn't do anything with Denard, and he can't do anything with Devin Gardner.
    And yes, Funk (O-line coach) needs to go, too. I mean, it's only a matter of time before the "They're young" excuse doesn't fly anymore. Other teams have young O-lines, and they're doing just fine. If it ain't the players, it's the coaches.

    I apologize for losing my temper there, btw. You all know how it is, knees tend to jerk and all that. I never thought Michigan was an elite team, but I did think they would at least go 10-2 or 9-3 or so and wind up in a respectable bowl game, maybe even contend for the Rose Bowl. Now, it looks like 8-4, 7-5, or even 6-6 and some crappy bowl game that nobody cares about (like the Little Caesars one or the one MSU was in last year) is more likely. And for a program like Michigan, which is full of elite albeit young talent, that's just embarrassing and an enormous waste of said talent.
    Michigans defense is nowhere near 2010 bad, or 2009, 2008 bad....
    People that think that are complete idiots IMO. I know you never suggested that Hoke should be fired. I was just saying, that there are people out there that want Hoke gone already...It's only year 3 of the Hoke regime. Did these people expect Brady Hoke to transform the whole entire program into a Dynasty in his 1st season? I guess these people did....

    Devin Gardner should remain Michigans starting quarterback. Devin is actually a really talented athlete, he just needs to make smarter decisions, and he needs a offensive line that can actually block for him. Shane Morris is a true freshman, and I highly doubt he could come right into the starting line up behind this porous offensive line, and make a huge impact. He could prove me wrong, but I highly doubt it. He's a true freshman that has barely played.

    I'm been on the fire Al Borges bandwagon, and I haven't got off yet. The guy had no clue on how to use Denard Robinson, and he has NO clue on how to use Devin Gardner. His offensive play calling is very repetitive, and obvious. For the most part his offensive play calling is bad....

    I also thought Michigan would win at least 10 games this season, but now I can at least see 8 or 7 wins. If they go 6-6, most likely they will go to the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl which was the bowl game MSU went to last season. I feel the same pain your feeling it's been frustrating watching this team this season. All we can really do is keep our heads up, and hope for the best. I would love for Michigan to win out....But at this point they will be lucky for a 6, 7, 8 win season, unless they really get it together.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 4th November 2013 at 6:59 AM.

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  5. #4755
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Indeed.

    On another note, seeing this week of near-upsets makes me glad the Lions were off this week. The Dallas game was bad enough to watch, I don't think I can bear to witness another game like that lol. But seeing how it's the Lions, I probably will. /le sigh

  6. #4756
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Aaron Rodgers is hurt. Appears to be a clavicle injury, like the one Romo had a few years ago.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  7. #4757
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Packers defense was horrid tonight. Absolutely no excuse for this. I want the entire coaching staff fired for this. I wanted an undefeated season at home - including playoffs - now it's obvious we don't get that. We lost to a ****ing backup. Worse yet, it was on national ****ing television. No excuse for this whatsoever.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  8. #4758
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mikasa (Ha get it? :3)
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Holy crap. The Bears actually freaking won that game. I don't know what to say, just wow. Great game all around.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Packers defense was horrid tonight. Absolutely no excuse for this. I want the entire coaching staff fired for this. I wanted an undefeated season at home - including playoffs - now it's obvious we don't get that. We lost to a ****ing backup. Worse yet, it was on national ****ing television. No excuse for this whatsoever.
    You're right! Fire the entire coaching staff because you lost a game! That's not an overreaction at all, just do it, that's how you win championships! Also, I'd be more worried about your quarterback and less worried about not being undefeated at home if I were you, but hey, what do I know?
    Last edited by HoboJak; 5th November 2013 at 12:29 PM.

  9. #4759
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Indeed.

    On another note, seeing this week of near-upsets makes me glad the Lions were off this week. The Dallas game was bad enough to watch, I don't think I can bear to witness another game like that lol. But seeing how it's the Lions, I probably will. /le sigh
    Yeah the Seahawks really dodged a bullet against the Bucs on Sunday! As far as the Lions go, we just never know what we will get outta the Lions smh!

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  10. #4760
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Packers defense was horrid tonight. Absolutely no excuse for this. I want the entire coaching staff fired for this. I wanted an undefeated season at home - including playoffs - now it's obvious we don't get that. We lost to a ****ing backup. Worse yet, it was on national ****ing television. No excuse for this whatsoever.
    Dude, seriously. Calm down. It's one flipping game. The Packers are a great team and will more than likely win the NFC North, but seriously. All good teams lay goose eggs every now and then, I don't care how good they are.

    I wasn't calling for Schwartz and his coaching staff to be fired when they lost to your backup two years ago.

    That said, thank you Bears. Actually did the Lions one. But I like this "being in first place" thing, so here's hoping we used our bye well.

  11. #4761
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    This Richie Incognito situation is absolutely horrid. I feel 100% sorry for Jonathan Martin and his family to have to put up with that douc hebag.

    Pokemon X Round 2


  12. #4762
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    939

    Default

    This Weekly Top Ten bullcrap is getting absurd. I have no freacking clue anymore. I think there's a clearly defined TOP TEN TEAMS, but you could pull them out of a hat in any order, and it'd make as much sense as trying to rank them.

    But screw it, I'll try.

    1) Denver. BYE WEEK! Didn't have a chance to crap the bed like EVERYONE ELSE.

    2) Seattle. They really SHOULD have fallen this week, but a win is a win, and every other good team sucked, too.

    3) San Francisco. Like Denver, they dodged the Suck Week bullet with their bye.

    4) Kansas City. I thought about jumping them all the way up to #2 this week due to the Seahawks' and Colts' barely surviving and the Saints' loss, but then I saw they got outgained by the JEFF TUEL-LED BUFFALO BILLS, 470-210. This team is such an optical illusion. I honestly can't wait until someone pounds the piss out of them in the playoffs.

    5) New Orleans Saints. A loss to the Patriots was excusable, but a loss to the JETS?

    6) Indianapolis Colts. If Kubiak hadn't had the sideline incident that likely deflated his team, the Texans would likely have upset them, and they'd have fallen further. But they didn't, and the Colts survived.

    7) New England Patriots. Who are the real Patriots this year? The team that put up 3 against Cincy and lost to the Jets? Or the team that put up 55 on Pittsburgh and beat the Saints?

    8) Carolina. STILL the best team no one is talking about.

    9) Green Bay. Though if Rodgers is out for an extended time, this team becomes BOTTOM ten material.

    10) Cincinnati. No excuse for losing to the 'Phins, but who else would jump in here? Detroit or the Bears? Detroit wasn't ranked last week, so I'm not jumping them in because the Bungles had one bad week, and I'm not really feeling the Bears as a real contender just because their backup beat Green Bat's backup.


    Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

    FC: 3823-9867-2750

  13. #4763
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Totodile is BEAST View Post
    This Richie Incognito situation is absolutely horrid. I feel 100% sorry for Jonathan Martin and his family to have to put up with that douc hebag.
    How ironic is it that when Incognito answered a team Halloween survey, he listed Jonathan Martin has "Easiest teammate to scare".

  14. #4764
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    This Weekly Top Ten bullcrap is getting absurd. I have no freacking clue anymore. I think there's a clearly defined TOP TEN TEAMS, but you could pull them out of a hat in any order, and it'd make as much sense as trying to rank them.

    But screw it, I'll try.

    1) Denver. BYE WEEK! Didn't have a chance to crap the bed like EVERYONE ELSE.

    2) Seattle. They really SHOULD have fallen this week, but a win is a win, and every other good team sucked, too.

    3) San Francisco. Like Denver, they dodged the Suck Week bullet with their bye.

    4) Kansas City. I thought about jumping them all the way up to #2 this week due to the Seahawks' and Colts' barely surviving and the Saints' loss, but then I saw they got outgained by the JEFF TUEL-LED BUFFALO BILLS, 470-210. This team is such an optical illusion. I honestly can't wait until someone pounds the piss out of them in the playoffs.

    5) New Orleans Saints. A loss to the Patriots was excusable, but a loss to the JETS?

    6) Indianapolis Colts. If Kubiak hadn't had the sideline incident that likely deflated his team, the Texans would likely have upset them, and they'd have fallen further. But they didn't, and the Colts survived.

    7) New England Patriots. Who are the real Patriots this year? The team that put up 3 against Cincy and lost to the Jets? Or the team that put up 55 on Pittsburgh and beat the Saints?

    8) Carolina. STILL the best team no one is talking about.

    9) Green Bay. Though if Rodgers is out for an extended time, this team becomes BOTTOM ten material.

    10) Cincinnati. No excuse for losing to the 'Phins, but who else would jump in here? Detroit or the Bears? Detroit wasn't ranked last week, so I'm not jumping them in because the Bungles had one bad week, and I'm not really feeling the Bears as a real contender just because their backup beat Green Bat's backup.
    Boy you're really homed in on that Carolina team aren't you?

    They are winning games yes, that's what you want to do, but those wins are vs. a winless (at the time) Giants team, the Rams, Vikings, Buccaneers, and a bad Falcons team.

    Though I do agree with you on Kansas City. They've had a cupcake schedule thus far and I expect Denver to beat them both times. The Colts should beat them, and the Chargers should at least split the season series with them. Their toughest game was against the Cowboys and the Cowboys aren't good either.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 5th November 2013 at 2:18 PM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  15. #4765
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Carolina isn't just winning games, though; they are crushing the teams they are facing. I mean, compared to the Seahawks and Chiefs (amongst others) who recently have been struggling with inferior foes, the Panthers are steamrolling the teams they are supposed to.So I am really sold on the Panthers, yeah.

    Also, look at their first two weeks: they BARELY lost to a very good Seattle team, and then they lost by 1 point to Buffalo on the last play of the game. They could have won either of those games.


    Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

    FC: 3823-9867-2750

  16. #4766
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Carolina isn't just winning games, though; they are crushing the teams they are facing. I mean, compared to the Seahawks and Chiefs (amongst others) who recently have been struggling with inferior foes, the Panthers are steamrolling the teams they are supposed to.So I am really sold on the Panthers, yeah.

    Also, look at their first two weeks: they BARELY lost to a very good Seattle team, and then they lost by 1 point to Buffalo on the last play of the game. They could have won either of those games.
    If they go on yhe road and get crushed by the saints and lose to the patriots, you ptobably wouldnt be saying that.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  17. #4767
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    They also got blown out by a mediocre Arizona Cardinals team (though I acknowledge what I said earlier, a good team is allowed to lay a goose egg every now and then), but except for the Seahawks, they haven't played anybody with a record over .500 yet. Forgive me if I'm not exactly sold on them.
    At least the Lions and Bears both have wins against teams with .500 records or better.

    However, the Panthers have the 49'ers, Patriots, Jets, and two games against the Saints coming up, so they're free to prove me wrong.

  18. #4768
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    I just don't trust Seneca Wallace as Green Bay's QB. I already saw him fail with the Browns. If we're gonna stay in the playoff picture, we need a QB that is a proven winner - like Tim Tebow. He led the Broncos to the playoffs 2 years ago, and seem destined for even greater things when the Broncos acquired Peyton Manning, displacing Tebow as he became irrelevant as a member of the New York Jets (I always hated Mark Sanchez, dating to his time at USC who I hate as a Notre Dame fan; incidentally, I think former USC coach Pete Carroll should be coaching the Irish, he's a proven national title winner despite one of his titles having to be vacated) and then on the Patriots, where he just couldn't dethrone Tom Brady.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  19. #4769
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    How ironic is it that when Incognito answered a team Halloween survey, he listed Jonathan Martin has "Easiest teammate to scare".
    0_0

    This situation is absoulely absurd. Why would you make, a rookie who doesn't make as much as you pick up a $28,000 tab. If it was him and martin and it was $280, sure.

    Another thing was the voicemails he sent him. What a racist pile of sh!t.

    Pokemon X Round 2


  20. #4770
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    the cold country of Canada
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Totodile is BEAST View Post
    0_0

    This situation is absoulely absurd. Why would you make, a rookie who doesn't make as much as you pick up a $28,000 tab. If it was him and martin and it was $280, sure.

    Another thing was the voicemails he sent him. What a racist pile of sh!t.

    Which makes it even more disgusting when almost everybody in the organization, from the personnel, the coaches, to the players are lambasting Martin for not being man enough to take the bullying.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )


    Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier



    --------------------------

  21. #4771
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post

    4) Kansas City. I thought about jumping them all the way up to #2 this week due to the Seahawks' and Colts' barely surviving and the Saints' loss, but then I saw they got outgained by the JEFF TUEL-LED BUFFALO BILLS, 470-210. This team is such an optical illusion. I honestly can't wait until someone pounds the piss out of them in the playoffs.
    YES!!!! Everyone seems to be raving about them and I just keep thinking no! They really aren't anything special.

  22. #4772
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Kansas City is like the Panthers. They haven't played anybody good yet (and having a 4th place schedule certainly helps). Just wait, they'll get their losses.

  23. #4773
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Give the Chiefs credit for beating the bad teams that they are supposed to beat. but all of these Power Rankings that have them ahead of teams like the Broncos are absolutely ludicrous.

  24. #4774
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    898

    Default

    I can tell by most posts in this thread everyone just seems to dislike the Kansas City Chiefs. Yeah, yeah, I know KC hasn't played anyone good but still.....

    A win is a win, and KC has won every game so far that they've played. I think they lose both meetings to the Broncos though. I also think the Colts will beat KC. If KC beat good teams earlier throughout the season, I would say they could beat the Broncos, or the Colts. I hope KC proves me wrong though. I would love to see KC magically have a undefeated season, and I would love to see the aftermath in this thread.

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  25. #4775
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Honestly, RIGHT NOW, the only teams I hate more than KC are the Steelers and 49ers, and I'll never have more disdain for any team as much as those two. I'm sick of hearing about the Chiefs' perceived lack-of-respect when they haven't done anything extraordinarily impressive this year. I'm very much looking forward to their getting obliterated in the first round of the playoffs.


    Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

    FC: 3823-9867-2750

Page 191 of 264 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •