Page 192 of 264 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 6586

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Relating to the Incognito stuff.. I don't see how anyone could possibly have his side in this. The voicemails and messages are out there. He sent them. I'm all for jokes, but why is it Martin's fault? Why does he have to take that kind of abuse? Some people can handle it, laugh it off or whatever. but if you notice someone is not taking it as well as you thought, just back off. The guy is a clown and took it way too far.

Hate is a strong word. I don't hate the Chiefs. Tired of people talking about them as if they're invincible, yes, but that doesn't mean I hate them.

The only teams in the NFL I don't like are the other NFC North teams and large-market teams like the Patriots. The Chiefs are neither, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Hate is a strong word. I don't hate the Chiefs. Tired of people talking about them as if they're invincible, yes, but that doesn't mean I hate them.

The only teams in the NFL I don't like are the other NFC North teams and large-market teams like the Patriots. The Chiefs are neither, obviously.
    I dont know what really qualifies as a "large market team" so an explanation would be good.

If you mean salary then thats not true cause the Patriots have a significantly low payroll in the NFL

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

A team located in an area with a large market. You know, New York, Boston, San Francisco, Dallas (pretty much the entire NFC East, for that matter), etc.

They tend to have more arrogant, obnoxious fans than the mid or small-market teams, and they get way more attention from the media, too. Although that's largely because more people naturally = more obnoxious fans... and more money, on the media side of things.

I suppose that was the wrong term for that. I apologize.

No worries, just making sure I knew where you were coming from. I see what you mean, ive found myself to be one of the few Boston fans who isnt grouped with the obnoxious ones.

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

A team located in an area with a large market. You know, New York, Boston, San Francisco, Dallas (pretty much the entire NFC East, for that matter), etc.

They tend to have more arrogant, obnoxious fans than the mid or small-market teams, and they get way more attention from the media, too. Although that's largely because more people naturally = more obnoxious fans... and more money, on the media side of things.

I suppose that was the wrong term for that. I apologize.
    Wellll not really. It's more of location than teams themselves.
    In most major sports leagues many of their teams are located in areas of the country with dense population. There are tons of people up in the Northeast; thus, more people to watch TV/go to a game. That's why there's so many pro teams up north to begin with. Same goes for California and Florida. Large Television markets.
    This is why the NFL wants a team in Los Angeles. LA has one of the BIGGEST TV markets in the US.

Obnoxious fans exist with every sports team. You tend to notice them more when said team is winning because they have a reason to gloat about them.

And not really relevant to this per say, but the most valuable Franchises (coincidentally, these same teams draw a large amount of media and have ridiculous incomes) in the NFL are:
    1. Dallas Cowboys
    2. New England Patriots
    3. Washington Redskins

All are worth well over a billion (the Cowboys are worth a little over 2 billion). Interesting little fact when paired with the TV market business if you ask me. There's a line to be drawn between the two.

I know obnoxious fans exist with every team, no matter how large the area is. Heck, Detroit's far from being a large-market area, and believe me, I've seen some obnoxious Lions fans out there. Just saying, it seems like I see more obnoxious fans that like teams in large-market areas than in other areas for obvious reasons.

Doesn't help that it seems like the most of the large-market teams are always contenders. Not so much this year, though, interestingly.

I do agree about people gloating when their team is doing well, though. SO many KC fans out there are gloating about KC, for example.

I know obnoxious fans exist with every team, no matter how large the area is. Heck, Detroit's far from being a large-market area, and believe me, I've seen some obnoxious Lions fans out there. Just saying, it seems like I see more obnoxious fans that like teams in large-market areas than in other areas for obvious reasons.

Doesn't help that it seems like the most of the large-market teams are always contenders. Not so much this year, though, interestingly.

I do agree about people gloating when their team is doing well, though. SO many KC fans out there are gloating about KC, for example.
    Being in a large market means almost nothing in the nfl anymore. Maybe in the mlb and nba you can get away with it, but with the whole parody thing and salary cap, juat being in a big city doesn't guarantee championships.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Said it last week, and I'll say it again. Michigan is screwed until their OC and O-line coach and all of Rich Rod's guys are gone.

Until that happens, Michigan is a cupcake team, maybe even the worst team in the entire Big 10. 6-6 and crappy bowl game nobody cares about, here we come.

/le sigh

Lions better beat the Bears tomorrow. Something good needs to happen to cheer me up.

I want the Lions to win too, so that if the Packers win, they'll have the tie-breaker over the Lions. I'll be even happier if LSU can finally pull through and beat Alabama. Now that Oregon's out I want Ohio State VS. Florida State.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I have a feeling that there's going to be another "2004 Auburn" this year. An undefeated team getting left out of the championship game.

There are 4 undefeated teams right now. Alabama, tOSU, Baylor, and FSU. Fresno St. and Northern Illinois don't count.

Alabama should remain undefeated this season. No SEC team that is not in their division can challenge them. OSU will probably win their garbage conference, FSU has already beat the **** out of the best teams in their conference, and Baylor has as well, for the most part.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 10th November 2013 at 4:38 AM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I was at the Michigan game, Michigan had opportunity after opportunity to win. Al Borges is a idiot and needs fired. I don't wanna say Brady Hoke is the problem, but he continues to support Al Borges. Even after the game today Hoke supported Borges play calling. If Hoke would just hire a new OC, and O-Line coach this offense wouldn't be so bad.

Coach Funk needs to go as well. The offensive linemen are regressing instead of progressing. Michigan will be lucky to beat Northwestern and Iowa on the road. If Michigan wins those two games it's at least a 8 win season.....
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 10th November 2013 at 4:58 AM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Oh, they won't. They probably couldn't beat a high school team right now, the way they've been playing.

Sadly, I doubt Borges is going anywhere.

Right now I'm ashamed to have Zach as my first name. Mettenberger should be in the lead. not AJ.
    -----

Oh, they won't. They probably couldn't beat a high school team right now, the way they've been playing.

Sadly, I doubt Borges is going anywhere.
    For some reason Hoke sees something in Borges that the rest of us don't see. I think Hoke has this vision that once RR's players are gone, and Hoke has the offensive line he wants, Michigan will succeed on offense. I know a lot of this talent is young right now, but even with this young talent Michigan should at least be a 10 win team. The Big 10 isn't even a strong conference right now.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 10th November 2013 at 5:20 AM.

1693 1038 1902

Alabama is a friggin MONSTER.

I think any team they play in the championship is going to get killed. Especially if it is FSU or OSU

I dare Alabama to go independent in football, play Auburn as their only SEC opponent, and fill out the rest of their schedule with top teams from across the country. They'd go 8-4 at best with such a schedule.
    -----

Alabama is flat out dominating LSU. I don't know if FSU can beat them, and I know for a fact Ohio State can't beat them.

1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    I dare Alabama to go independent in football, play Auburn as their only SEC opponent, and fill out the rest of their schedule with top teams from across the country. They'd go 8-4 at best with such a schedule.
    Step back and read your comment again. See how silly it sounds? Why on earth would they do that? Why on earth would ANYONE do that.

Your SEC hate getting in the way of your logic again. Stop whining and admit it: you are wrong about bama, both last year and this year

PS: none of us here are bama fans, most, including me, dislike them. We just can see past that dislike and recognize that they are the best team
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 10th November 2013 at 5:35 AM.

TJ Yeldon is a ****ing man.

25 carries 133 yards vs. a good LSU defense.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    TJ Yeldon is a ****ing man.
    But he is not 40 :P

Bama has stud freshman backs behind him too >_<
    They have had Mark Ingram, Eddie Lacey, and Yeldon all in a row. That is insane

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    I don't like Alabama or the Sec either but seriously dude??? Lol.

1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    I don't like Alabama or the Sec either but seriously dude??? Lol.
    he gets that way when it comes to anything SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    he gets that way when it comes to anything SEC
    Almost every post I see from him he's always hating on the SEC.....It's fine to dislike a team/conference, but at least back your hate up with valid points. He fails to bring up valid points.

Let me rephrase what I said from earlier btw. I don't hate, or even dislike the SEC conference as a whole. I don't dislike teams like Florida, LSU, ect I just dislike Alabama. I've never liked Alabama lol.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 10th November 2013 at 6:10 AM.

1693 1038 1902

Barring the 4th quarter, that was a surprisingly well played game by the Tigers given how many penalties and turnovers were committed. Unfortunate that we ended up losing but not unexpected. Oh well, hopefully we can pull off a win in Tiger Stadium next year. Mettenberger wasn't bad at all this game. Some questionable throws, but was pretty efficient given all the boneheaded plays. Defense couldn't stop Yeldon. Feel sorry for him because he plays the running back position. If not for that he'd probably be one of the top 3 acquisitions of the NFL Draft.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Page 192 of 264 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242 ... LastLast