Fully expected this to happen tonight after Sean Lee got injured.
This defense is playing horribly solely because they have are rattled by injuries. 17 D-linemen have started this year for the Cowboys. Holy ****. I am pretty sure 7+ starters were not playing tonight (which has been the case for most of the games this year). You can't win with second rate players against a team like NO.
Cowboys still control their own destiny though for the division crown, thank God.
I don't have as much of a problem with the play calling as I do the coaching due to the fact Tucker isn't running his own system, but it's inexcusable for our entire defense to magically forget how to tackle, and have players out of position constantly. It would be nice to have Url back, that probably would've helped a little bit.
Eh, I don't think the Bears are that bad on paper. I think they're having some unfortunate luck with injuries (most notably Jay Cutler, although my dad said earlier that people from Chicago are ready to run Jay Cutler out of town) and just unfortunate luck overall. Kind of like the Lions last year tbh.
I remember after last year, a lot of Lions fans wanted to fire Gunther Cunningham and make your old coach our new DC. Maybe the Bears should consider that in the offseason?
What a nice day in the NFL yesterday was. The Eagles are back at .500, and somehow still have a shot at the playoffs thanks to Dallas getting blown out, which speaks to just how bad this division is.
Apparently Kelly still refuses to say exactly what Foles' future holds, but at this point, there's really no point to Philadelphia even starting Michael Vick anymore. Not that I'm ready to proclaim Nick Foles as the future of this Eagles team or anything, but between the two of them this year, he's been the superior quarterback and has only had one bad game so far. It's really thanks to Foles, and the general weakness of the NFC East, that we're even in playoff contention right now.
Last edited by charizardfan; 11th November 2013 at 11:05 AM.
Here's the weekly list you all love so much!
1. Seattle. Atlanta's been underachieving this year, but they got Roddy White back and had the dreaded East Coast 1:00pm game. Seattle still thrashed them.
2. Denver. The score was closer than the game. Denver went into cruise control a bit too early, but they still sealed the game when SD started coming back.
3. Kansas City. The best thing that happened to the Chiefs all year was a bye week that prevented them from having another smoke-and-mirrors win against another weak foe.
4. New Orleans. Statement rebound win over the "meh" Cowboys.
5. New England. They move up on a bye due to the losses of San Fran and Indy.
6. Indianapolis. I'm actually leaving them in their place from last week, but hear me out: Look at who they've struggled against. Miami, Houston, St. Louis, San Diego. Now look at who they've beaten. Seattle, Denver, San Francisco. Which set of teams are they more likely to see in January?
7. San Francisco. They overlooked Carolina, just like everyone but me has been doing for weeks.
8. Carolina. They SHOULD move up after a statement win over a big opponent, but it was a very close game, and I think SF has had a harsher schedule so far. Still, let's essentially call SF #7 and Carolina #7A.
9. Detroit. A win over an over-.500 divisional foe gets you in the Top Ten. I'd feel bad about overlooking Detroit to this point, but they clearly weren't better than a Packers team with a healthy Rodgers or Cincy when they were churning out wins.
10. Cincy. This is so tenuous, and I looked REALLY HARD at the other .500+ teams to put here. But I couldn't justify including the Eagles (YET! But they might be here next week), Cardinals (5-4 but -8 in net points), Chicago (just lost and wasn't included before), or the Jets (LOLno). Cincy got badly outplayed by the bad Ravens team, needed a miracle Hail Mary just to get to OT, and then had one of the worst playcalls I've ever seen on 4th-and-2 in OT. If/When the Bungles falter again this year, Lewis NEEDS to go.
Serebii FanFiction 2014 Awards
Co-Winner, Most Heartbreaking Story (Brothers' Bond)
Co-Winner, Best Trainer Story (Brothers' Bond)
Winner, Most Frightening Scene (Tales From The PokeDex)
HEROCHAT: A Pop Culture and Comic Book Discussion Forum!
Bucs are in danger of winning a game again. Come on bucs, I know you can pull out a loss!
Screw that. OMG A WIN A WIN
Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 12th November 2013 at 5:44 AM.
Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game
That was a pretty fun game to watch actually!
That interception by Revis was great! Since the Bucs and Jags both won this week, that also means the Lions will still be the only team in NFL history to go 0-16.....In all seriousness though congrats to the Bucs on the win!
Last edited by NintendoFan82; 12th November 2013 at 8:27 AM.
Cant wait for the following games:
The Bears just can't catch a break, now Tillman is out for the season. I'd hate to say tank when we are over .500 but 9-7 is looking like wishful thinking at the moment, and there's no way we make the playoffs at 9-7...
Packers are without rodgers so they will lose more
If the Lions play like their supposed to they should be able to win the NFC North. With the Bears being injury ridden, and the Packers being injury ridden there's no reason the Lions shouldn't win the NFC North. I just hope the Lions don't pull "typical" Lions bull crap.
Last edited by NintendoFan82; 14th November 2013 at 6:23 AM.
Don't say that. Nothing is guaranteed. Though if the rest of the year plays out the way I think it will, Lions will have home-field advantage against the Panthers. Better than what I was expecting (going on the road to play the Packers... in that cold, Wisconsin winter - no way were they winning that game, even with Megatron back).
Aaaaand another nail in Michigan's coffin as #1 ranked DE in the country Da'Shawn Hand commits to Alabama over Michigan, despite him being a strong Michigan lean before. Of course. You would have to be insane to pick a dumpster fire like Michigan over a proven winner like Alabama.
Now can Malik McDowell just commit to Ohio State already? Let us get our misery over with.
I'm not saying anything is a lock lol. The Lions could pull typical Lions bullcrap for all we know.
I already figured Hand would pick Alabama from the start despite him being a Michigan lean. I figured this would happen well before the season even started. It wouldn't of mattered if Michigan was undefeated and having a good season, recruiting against Alabama is flat out hard. I'm surprised Michigan was even able to snag Jabrill Peppers. That could all change though especially if this team finishes 6-6. Next up will be McDowell committing to Ohio State. I would almost bet my paycheck on it that McDowell commits to Ohio State......
Also, call me crazy but I think Shane Morris should start next game for at least a quarter or two. I wanna see how he does. I think Green should start as well. Hoke needs to start playing these kids more, and giving them more playtime. These kids were promised playtime, and if they don't get what they were promised they might think about transferring.
Last edited by NintendoFan82; 14th November 2013 at 8:26 PM.
OK Stanford is playing USC tomorrow night and they have not lost to an in-state rival since 2009. That streak will probably continue tomorrow, then Stanford easily beats Cal.
The Cardinal are the current kings of CFB in Cali. I think they can even beat the NFL teams in the state including the 49ers.
Ceci n'est pas une signature
I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May
RIP Blake Carrington, Ben Matlock, Joe Mannix, JR Ewing, Jim Phelps
Man, it sucks that the Texans are 2-7 this year. Hoping we'd go to the Super Bowl.
99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)